PDA

View Full Version : Mavs as a "darkhorse" for Lebron/Wade

Creation88
06-29-2010, 12:04 AM
ESPN.com article

Sources said James remains committed to fielding free-agent pitches from several teams when free agency officially opens Thursday at 12:01 a.m. ET, with the Chicago Bulls continuing to rank as a highly appealing destination and a return to Cleveland still figuring prominently in his thinking and with the Dallas Mavericks looming as an intriguing outsider.

and

The Sun-Sentinel reported that Wade is also exploring his options by planning free-agent sitdowns in coming days with the Bulls and Mavericks. ESPN.com had previously reported that Wade and Bosh are scheduled to be in New York on Friday for separate recruiting visits with the New York Knicks and New Jersey Nets.

Creation88
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5338472

Creation88
chances they'll still crap out in the 1st round: 80-20

Amarelooms
06-29-2010, 12:10 AM
Good bless the best city in Texas (outside of maybe Austin) and the Dallas Mavericks

:elephant

Amarelooms
06-29-2010, 12:11 AM
http://lebrontothemavs.com/

:elephant

sananspursfan21
06-29-2010, 10:37 AM
no no no no. he won't be in dallas

SenorSpur
06-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Don't get your hopes up:

From ESPN Insider:

According to ESPN Ric Bucher, the Cavs will not do a sign-and-trade if LeBron James decides to leave Cleveland.

Bucher reports that the Cavs wouldn't want to help a team like the Bulls build a dynasty within their own division, nor do owner Dan Gilbert and GM Chris Grant want to be known as the guys that traded LeBron.

If this rings true, the Mavericks, as well as any other teams over the cap that might try and get into the mix, now face even longer odds to land the King.

koriwhat
06-29-2010, 11:01 AM
why'd you post this here when obviously there's already a thread on it in the nba forum and an even more glaring hint it should be in there instead of here; "spurs forum".

and who the fuck gives a shit about the mavs? you and i and everyone else knows that 'bron ain't going to be putting on the gay colors of dallas so drop it already. talk of 'bron in dallas is just plain stupid and asinine.

rayray2k8
06-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Mav fans dream go up in smoke faster than saying "Dwade 2006 Finals MVP".

coyotes_geek
06-29-2010, 11:14 AM
It's all talk. The mavs aren't in the hunt for those guys. The same thing happens every year where all these rumors about the mavs getting big name free agents find their way public, but in the end all the mavs do is work out some S&T deal for a 2nd or 3rd tier free agent that the mavs insist on overpaying.

clambake
06-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Don't get your hopes up:

From ESPN Insider:

According to ESPN Ric Bucher, the Cavs will not do a sign-and-trade if LeBron James decides to leave Cleveland.

nor do owner Dan Gilbert and GM Chris Grant want to be known as the guys that traded LeBron.

from a business standpoint.........this is irresponsible.

coyotes_geek
06-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Don't get your hopes up:

From ESPN Insider:

Bucher reports that the Cavs wouldn't want to help a team like the Bulls build a dynasty within their own division, nor do owner Dan Gilbert and GM Chris Grant want to be known as the guys that traded LeBron.

If this rings true, the Mavericks, as well as any other teams over the cap that might try and get into the mix, now face even longer odds to land the King.

Cavs are posturing.

spursfaninla
06-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Interesting. If you are the cavs, I think you kick him in the ass as he leaves, rather than helping him go to a team like dallas, unless they give some really nice pieces.

No way do they pull a gasol. They will be way too bitter.

dallas has very little chance at this unless they give up some prime young talent, picks, and expirings. Even then, I see cavs pride preferring to blow the whole thing up rather than concede.

As presently constituted, without lebron, they are bottom dwellers if they don't get back a superstar.

clambake
06-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Interesting. If you are the cavs, I think you kick him in the ass as he leaves, rather than helping him go to a team like dallas, unless they give some really nice pieces.

No way do they pull a gasol. They will be way too bitter.

dallas has very little chance at this unless they give up some prime young talent, picks, and expirings. Even then, I see cavs pride preferring to blow the whole thing up rather than concede.

As presently constituted, without lebron, they are bottom dwellers if they don't get back a superstar.

it doesn't have to be dallas. pride is a business killer.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-29-2010, 12:17 PM
LOL. I bet my cousin (total Cuban homer) that there would be "sources" indicating that the Mavs are in contention for James, Wade, etc. this summer. Cuban has some good ties to some folks at ESPN and Fox Sports and floats stuff like this to get his fans hyped up and buying season tickets every year after they flame out in the post-season.

He said no way... looks like I'll be collecting.

clambake
06-29-2010, 12:22 PM
pretty stupid cousin for making that bet.

hope its not in the genes.

dbestpro
06-29-2010, 01:48 PM
pretty stupid cousin for making that bet.

hope its not in the genes.

He's probably a Mavs fan.

ChuckD
06-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Don't get your hopes up:

From ESPN Insider:

Not to mention that if Team A with free agent A makes a deal with Dallas for Dampier, and they cut him, they have NO TRADE EXCEPTION to try to replace that free agent over the next 12 months, where if they make the same deal with a team that has cap room to absorb the contract, and nothing to send back, Team A gets a nice fat trade exception that can be leveraged any number of ways over a one year span.