PDA

View Full Version : Why would James agree to a sign and trade?

lotr1trekkie
06-29-2010, 09:14 AM
More money? He can't count what he has.

Throwing Cav fans a bone. Forget it. He and his entire family better have the moving vans ready the nite before[see Art Modell].

I figure Chicago because they have the best supporting cast and Jamie wants a ring sooooooooo bad. Needs 5 in 6 years to catch Kobe. Wants to be the new MJ to long suffering Bulls fans.

I think he has played this all wrong. He's like Lady Gaga---it's all about ME! Or Xerxes in "300" ' Knell to me, Leonidas, and I will make you rich beyond imagination[sic].'

He has shown no loyalty to Cleveland or Ohio and will be reviled in all the cities he toyed with and rejected. Duncan and the Admiral turned a lottery team into contender. Jamie may be the first player to turn a contender into a lottery team in one season. That will be his legacy.

Crytek
06-29-2010, 09:32 AM
For someone who wants to be a billionaire, more money counts.
He is loyal to his homestate. Just not blindly loyal.
We'll see. Hey, perhaps he goes to SA. They got good assets for a sign'n'trade...right?

lotr1trekkie
06-29-2010, 09:45 AM
No we don't unless your talking about any of the Big 3. Jamie's problems, although he does:The humble teammate" well, is that he is and has always been since 10 the focus of every team. Actually, signing with any team that has other superstars might become a mental problem for Jamie or the other SP stars who suffer from the same affiction.

If I were him I'd resign with Cleveland for less than the max so the Cavs could sign on another star.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 09:53 AM
I figure Chicago because they have the best supporting cast and Jamie wants a ring sooooooooo bad.

He's been in the NBA for 7 years, has the body of Karl Malone, and still doesn't know how to post up. Sounds like someone who really wants a ring!

Smooth Criminal
06-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Chicago. Not Miami because as an extremely ball dominant superstar in Bron I would not want to play with Wade, who also needs the ball frequently to be effective. It could still work but it would be a whole less than the sum of its parts

timvpimp
06-29-2010, 09:57 AM
No we don't unless your talking about any of the Big 3. Jamie's problems, although he does:The humble teammate" well, is that he is and has always been since 10 the focus of every team. Actually, signing with any team that has other superstars might become a mental problem for Jamie or the other SP stars who suffer from the same affiction.

If I were him I'd resign with Cleveland for less than the max so the Cavs could sign on another star.
even if Lebron plays for free in cleveland they would still have too little room to sign another star. a mid-level player maybe but that's hardly a star level player and isn't likely to make any meaningful change to this team.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Also, it's a safe harbor from the new CBA which the players are not sure what contract lengths, max salaires, annual raises, etc. will be.

MarCowMar
06-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Because Stern calls him up and says that if he doesn't then the Cavs will go bankrupt and be removed from the league. They have nothing without him.