06-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Yp5IggAXBa4

SpursNextRomanEmpire
06-29-2010, 12:45 PM
2 parts? Seriously?

Trainwreck2100
06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
2 parts? Seriously?

that was announced from before they started shooting an obvious cash grab, twilight's doing the same thing with breaking dawn

koriwhat
06-29-2010, 01:08 PM
the movie industry fuckin' sucks and so do the authors who come up with these fagass stories.

Slomo
06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
2 parts? Seriously?

Every subsequent book of the series is longer than the previous, so it was getting more and more difficult to adapt the script to a single movie.

So the last one is not only the longest book, but also the culmination and resolution of the series, so it's quite logical they made two films (of course the extra profit also doesn't hurt).

Sisk
06-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned 3D which is an even more obvious cash grab..

Slomo
06-29-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned 3D which is an even more obvious cash grab..

Actually it's not - it's just the "in" thing to do, which is even sadder...

Sisk
06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Well, you're right about it being "in" - but it certainly helps their profits substantially. they charge $3-5 extra per ticket.

Slomo
06-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Well, you're right about it being "in" - but it certainly helps their profits substantially. they charge $3-5 extra per ticket.

OK that's a factor.

Over here they only charge an extra 1,1 EUR (less than 2$)for the glasses and you always have the choice to go see the "normal" or 3D version.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 03:48 PM
OK that's a factor.

Over here they only charge an extra 1,1 EUR (less than 2$)for the glasses and you always have the choice to go see the "normal" or 3D version.

I was curious to see what they charged over there. A theater I go to in SA charges ~$9 for a regular ticket and $13.50 for one in 3D.

Trainwreck2100
06-29-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't mind two parts I do mind having to wait 8 months in between. Also I wouldn't be surprised if pirates of the caribbean 4 becomes a 2 parter either

easjer
06-29-2010, 06:11 PM
I wish they'd done 2 films for OotP and HBP as well, frankly.

I have such mixed feelings. The trailer looks phenomenal, and I'm totally psyched about the movie. At the same time, I am so sad it's all ending. So ridiculous, but I really wish they could on and on.

Also . . . I thought HBP was a good movie, but a terrible Harry Potter movie. There simply wasn't enough time for everything. There's more time in DH because of the 2 movie split, but . . . sigh. And of course, the ending. One of my favorite characters (both books and movies) dies, and I HATE knowing that. I don't want to see it!

IronMexican
06-29-2010, 06:39 PM
I still have never watched a Harry Potter movie. I can add LOTR, Wizard of Oz, Twilight and a lot more movies to this list.

The Reckoning
06-29-2010, 06:41 PM
LOTR is awesome though. well the books, anyway. they were extremely well written and require more than a 3rd grade reading level.

koriwhat
06-29-2010, 09:16 PM
I still have never watched a Harry Potter movie. I can add LOTR, Wizard of Oz, Twilight and a lot more movies to this list.

lucky! i had the misfortune of seeing one of the LOTR movies 1/2 way through. incredibly boring and shitty fuckin' effects. bor-fuckin-ing!

i thank my lucky stars i've never seen but like 10 minutes of one of those shitty harry potter movies and never will i ever see any of these gay ass wannabe vampire movies.

saw wizard of oz back as a kid.

Fpoonsie
06-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I wish they'd done 2 films for OotP and HBP as well, frankly.

I have such mixed feelings. The trailer looks phenomenal, and I'm totally psyched about the movie. At the same time, I am so sad it's all ending. So ridiculous, but I really wish they could on and on.

Also . . . I thought HBP was a good movie, but a terrible Harry Potter movie. There simply wasn't enough time for everything. There's more time in DH because of the 2 movie split, but . . . sigh. And of course, the ending. One of my favorite characters (both books and movies) dies, and I HATE knowing that. I don't want to see it!

I feel the same way. It's completely bittersweet. Plus, the thought of having ONE more movie w/o Dumbledore is hard to swallow, much less two. HBP (the book) was so hard to get through w/o him in it.

And I still haven't gotten over the loss of Sirius.

koriwhat
06-29-2010, 09:47 PM
I feel the same way. It's completely bittersweet. Plus, the thought of having ONE more movie w/o Dumbledore is hard to swallow, much less two. HBP (the book) was so hard to get through w/o him in it.

And I still haven't gotten over the loss of Sirius.

potter + ed hardy = hahahaha what a joke

Mister Sinister
06-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Snape kills Dumbledore.

Trainwreck2100
06-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Snape kills Dumbledore.

"This time john wayne doesn't ride off into the sunset with grace kelly"

Mister Sinister
06-30-2010, 12:25 AM
"This time john wayne doesn't ride off into the sunset with grace kelly"
It was his sled.