PDA

View Full Version : Major speed trap on 281

CosmicCowboy
06-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Working it hard on the South bound side near Brook Hollow. Sneaky little bastards. They have a guy hiding on a bridge on the access road with a radar gun on a tripod...he's got like 5 or 6 chase cars/motorcycles over the next hill. I saw him but there were a bunch that didn't.

DisAsTerBot
06-29-2010, 11:18 AM
that's a lot of resources....

marini martini
06-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks for that info CC. I'll be out that way today.

I guess SAPD is hittin' it hard, before the 4th of July weekend, when they need to concentrate on all the drunk drivers.

SpursWoman
06-29-2010, 11:23 AM
I just passed it ... there were 6 of them between Bitters & Thousand Oaks. They had 2 pulled over. That was messed up. :lol

mrsmaalox
06-29-2010, 11:24 AM
There is usually someone posted at that spot everyday; I've been stopped and warned before. But I've never seen them out there in that magnitude. I guess they're warming up for the big weekend.

CosmicCowboy
06-29-2010, 11:27 AM
There is usually someone posted at that spot everyday; I've been stopped and warned before. But I've never seen them out there in that magnitude. I guess they're warming up for the big weekend.

They have a guy hiding on the bridge every day? I'm not talking about a car on the side of the road...this cop was kneeling behind a wall on the bridge and had the radar gun on a tripod shooting at the oncoming traffic.

Chomag
06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Well if your not speeding then you have nothing to worry about right?

Das Texan
06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Working it hard on the South bound side near Brook Hollow. Sneaky little bastards. They have a guy hiding on a bridge on the access road with a radar gun on a tripod...he's got like 5 or 6 chase cars/motorcycles over the next hill. I saw him but there were a bunch that didn't.

sneaky fucking bastards, at least be men about catching speeders.

Das Texan
06-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Well if your not speeding then you have nothing to worry about right?

unless you are going with the flow of traffic at 70-75 mph.

i find it maddening when traffic flows at that rate and everything is smooth as a baby's ass.

then a cop appears and its bottleneck city.

maddening!

SpursNextRomanEmpire
06-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up

koriwhat
06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
i got caught speeding the other week on 410 right near blanco. same shit except there was no dude kneeling with a tripod, instead there was an unmarked charger calling the shots. signaled to a motorcycle cop and the lights went a flashin'.

there was atleast 3-4 others pulled over that i could see within a block or two distance.

mrsmaalox
06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
They have a guy hiding on the bridge every day? I'm not talking about a car on the side of the road...this cop was kneeling behind a wall on the bridge and had the radar gun on a tripod shooting at the oncoming traffic.

They have a car there almost every day. But I have seen the guy with the gun/tripod on the bridge and a guy on the ramp ready to go on many occasions.

Bender
06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
last time I was on 281, just north of there, I was lucky to hit 10mph since the traffic was so heavy. Go 20 feet, stop, go 10 feet, stop.

CosmicCowboy
06-29-2010, 01:50 PM
I vaguely remember that someone fought a ticket from one of these mass speed traps once and beat it in the appeals courts....legal grounds were that the cop that wrote the ticket didn't witness the offense...

Sisk
06-29-2010, 01:54 PM
They have used this trap in that location for a while now. I worked in that area for a while and they were always pulling people over - it's crazy how many cars/police they dedicated in that area for that trap.

Bender
06-29-2010, 02:39 PM
gotta get the money rolling in

Shelly
06-29-2010, 02:44 PM
My husband said SAPD has an unmarked Camero roaming about now.

My neighborhood has some major speed traps going through it. It's usually the by the Constables. There are four stop signs and people blow them off all the time, so it's a good thing, but they are pretty much there every day...sometimes 3 at a time.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 03:12 PM
My husband said SAPD has an unmarked Camero roaming about now.

He's right:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs518.ash1/30522_1474849319902_1493781735_31228704_2162078_n. jpg

CosmicCowboy
06-29-2010, 03:21 PM
They have more than one camaro. Saw a dark gray/black one a couple days ago.

phyzik
06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
He's right:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs518.ash1/30522_1474849319902_1493781735_31228704_2162078_n. jpg

Just saw it at Culebra and 410 not even an hour ago.

CubanMustGo
06-29-2010, 03:53 PM
LOL they used to run these kind of motorcycle dragnets in D/FW all the time when we lived up there. Funny thing it was never Dallas doing it - it was the suburbs like Plano and Allen, the ones that *really* needed the money.

Dallas never pulled ANYONE over. You had people bombing down Central and 635 (when traffic allowed) at 90-100 mph.

Blake
06-29-2010, 04:01 PM

they've been hitting that area like that for well over a year now.

At first, i thought they were training rookie traffic cops......now I'm thinking that's not the case....

they are also sitting underneath the turnarounds at Bitters/281, DeZavala I-10, and 281/1604 etc catching people not wearing seatbelts and I guess checking inspection/registration stickers.

ashbeeigh
06-29-2010, 04:06 PM
I saw the Camero on 35 near BAMC the other day. People were so retarded. The right hand lane came to an almost complete stop to check out the douche getting a speeding ticket.

And on a side note, I haven't seen anyone being stopped on 410 near Blanco in the last month and I drive in m-f at rush hour but koriwhat is like the 5th person I have heard say that they have seen police stopping people in that area.

DisAsTerBot
06-29-2010, 04:45 PM
they are also sitting underneath the turnarounds at Bitters/281, DeZavala I-10, and 281/1604 etc catching people not wearing seatbelts and I guess checking inspection/registration stickers.

i hate that checkpoint bullshit...

Evil Angel
06-29-2010, 04:47 PM
they've been hitting that area like that for well over a year now.

At first, i thought they were training rookie traffic cops......now I'm thinking that's not the case....

Maybe a training run to start checking for legal status? Just saying...

koriwhat
06-29-2010, 05:11 PM
I saw the Camero on 35 near BAMC the other day. People were so retarded. The right hand lane came to an almost complete stop to check out the douche getting a speeding ticket.

And on a side note, I haven't seen anyone being stopped on 410 near Blanco in the last month and I drive in m-f at rush hour but koriwhat is like the 5th person I have heard say that they have seen police stopping people in that area.

i believe it was on a friday and at like 9am... court date is the 27th of july. paid a lawyer to get me out of the ticket and he still wants me to show up to court? wtf!

ashbeeigh
06-29-2010, 06:45 PM
i believe it was on a friday and at like 9am... court date is the 27th of july. paid a lawyer to get me out of the ticket and he still wants me to show up to court? wtf!

That was the same day I saw him as well.

Quit speeding and you won't have to go to court next time!

Mr Dio
06-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Same thing, a duo or trio w/tripod on the Fred Rd overpass looking down at E/B vehs rounding the bend from Bandera Rd/Ingram area. Have seen them twice a wk at least for the past 2-3 wks.
1 difference is tho, there are usually a minimum of 4-6 looking to pull you over. Last wk I counted 8, 6 of those had already pulled someone over.

Marked, unmarked, there are a buttload. That doesn't include the ones that have to come back around for the next salmon going upstream.

sabar
06-30-2010, 02:25 AM
Nice.

Meanwhile corpses show up in ditches, ATMs get robbed, and no one can figure out what happened.

Whisky Dog
06-30-2010, 03:39 AM
LOL they used to run these kind of motorcycle dragnets in D/FW all the time when we lived up there. Funny thing it was never Dallas doing it - it was the suburbs like Plano and Allen, the ones that *really* needed the money.

Dallas never pulled ANYONE over. You had people bombing down Central and 635 (when traffic allowed) at 90-100 mph.

Yep, most nights when I'm on the 635 I'll have a couple cars pass doing at least 90 and every now and then some idiotic kids on crotch rockets doing at least 100 to 110+

Drachen
06-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Yep, most nights when I'm on the 635 I'll have a couple cars pass doing at least 90 and every now and then some idiotic kids on crotch rockets doing at least 100 to 110+

Stupid crotch rockets, give us motorcycle riders a bad name. I have a sticker on the back of my SUV that says "Have you seen a motorcycle today? LOOK AGAIN." It is on the bottom of my back window. I had this crotch rocket guy with his head (not helmet) literally about 24 inches from that sticker. - We were going about 55 at the time. I was very tempted to brake very hard "to avoid a squirrel." However the irony of getting a motorcyclist head blood all over my Motorcycle warning sticker was too much for me.

Blake
06-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Maybe a training run to start checking for legal status? Just saying...

in San Antonio?

not any time in the forseeable future

PuttPutt
06-30-2010, 09:42 PM
It could be worse, they use aircraft in areas up here in WA & OR.

SpursStalker
07-01-2010, 07:34 AM
There is also one when you exit Nakoma going 281 North. As you come under the bridge, he sits just pass where the lanes merge before the light.

But as everyone has stated, if you are going the limit, what do you have to worry about?

I can't understand why going the limit is so hard for people ...

SAGambler
07-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Nice.

Meanwhile corpses show up in ditches, ATMs get robbed, and no one can figure out what happened.

No money in that for em. But, with the financial state the city is in, I guess it's either get it from the speeders, or raise the hell out of taxes. Me, I had just as soon they get it from the speeders. Especially on these rainy days. They are just looking to get involved in an accident.

Skywalker
07-01-2010, 11:21 AM
There are detectives for homicide and robbery.

This is about the cops on the street protecting the streets.

Yes, speed limits may need to be re-evaluated in certain areas.

Write your city official.

Until then, obey the law and never worry about a speed trap again in your life.

I would think it should only be called a trap if they hide the speed limit, or change it up really quickly in a certain section of the highway with limited signs of notification.

Otherwise, if we know the rules, break them, and then get called out on it.

There should be no adult that cries foul on this.

I don't see the 'trap' part of that.

Trainwreck2100
07-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't see the 'trap' part of that.

Its a trap cause you can't see them

Skywalker
07-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Its a trap cause you can't see them

Forgive me for saying so Trainwreck, my friend, but I feel your perspective is faulty.

We all should have an issued driver's license in our possession which gives us the right to operate a motor vehicle. When we sign for this, we are in effect, agreeing to operate that motor vehicle within the constrains of the law, posted or otherwise. In all speed limit cases, the laws/signs should be clearly posted for all to see.

Police presence is irrelevant to whether we are breaking the law or not.

Only to whether we will be caught in the act.

We should embrace the police presence though, for as many of us might deem it very acceptable to go 75mph in a 70mph zone, there will always be the one or the few that deem it acceptable to go 95mph in that same zone.

The ones that we call 'crazy' as they speed past us, as we speed past others.

One of our main problems as a society is that we are in a rush, rush, rush...to go nowhere that really matters, 9 times out of 10.

If we slow down. Figuratively, and literally. Take our time with our decisions, and our actions. We can be more fruitful. And our fears of getting caught doing something we know very well we shouldn't be doing, will disintegrate.

koriwhat
07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
i understand people saying "go the speed limit" or "if you follow the law" or "you signed up for a license and you signed up to follow the limitations of that agreement" but you can't tell me you all are little perfect drivers... i mean i do drive the roads of SA and 99% of the people here suck at driving whether they are "following the law" or not. god i hate people on the road!

SpursStalker
07-01-2010, 12:48 PM
i understand people saying "go the speed limit" or "if you follow the law" or "you signed up for a license and you signed up to follow the limitations of that agreement" but you can't tell me you all are little perfect drivers... i mean i do drive the roads of SA and 99% of the people here suck at driving whether they are "following the law" or not. god i hate people on the road!

LOL

I'm sure they are saying the same thing about you ...