PDA

View Full Version : Why do I laugh at polls?

TeyshaBlue
06-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Because.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/6/29/880185/-More-on-Research-2000

Props to Markos Moulitsas for cowboying up.

Drachen
06-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Because.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/6/29/880185/-More-on-Research-2000

Props to Markos Moulitsas for cowboying up.

Because they are stupid. Hence all of the Aggie-style jokes. Oh and that lack of mastery of the use of vowels in their names.

Badum-Bum.

LnGrrrR
06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
because they are stupid. Hence all of the aggie-style jokes. Oh and that lack of mastery of the use of vowels in their names.

Badum-bum.

*ahem*

Drachen
06-29-2010, 03:26 PM
*ahem*

Got a tickle in your throat? :lol

TeyshaBlue
06-29-2010, 03:40 PM
*ahem*

Somebody desperately needs to buy a vowel or two.:lol

LnGrrrR
06-29-2010, 03:48 PM
All you bastards with your high-faluting vowels can go kiss it! Try growing up in a cold house on a December morning, clutching a sweater with frigid hands, just imaginin' what'd it be like in a house where vowels were free and plentiful.

Sure, I's can afford me some vowels now, but I deren't forget mah roots! :lol

LnGrrrR
06-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh, and the slander upon my person completely flustered me so much that I forgot to post my original thought. I'm glad that the liberal side of the blogs are at least self-policing... Nate from 538 was testing the pollsters, which lead Kos to dump them, and when some posters noted fishy numbers, Kos brought it to R2K and fessed up about their shady numbers. Nice to see some responsibility taken.

TeyshaBlue
06-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh, and the slander upon my person completely flustered me so much that I forgot to post my original thought. I'm glad that the liberal side of the blogs are at least self-policing... Nate from 538 was testing the pollsters, which lead Kos to dump them, and when some posters noted fishy numbers, Kos brought it to R2K and fessed up about their shady numbers. Nice to see some responsibility taken.

Self policing? Mark Grebner, Michaeil Weissman, and Jonathan Weissman are not on Kos's payroll. They ferreted this out and took it to KOS.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 04:37 PM
If anything this should lend more credibility to polls in the long run. When you make shit up, they will find it.

LnGrrrR
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Self policing? Mark Grebner, Michaeil Weissman, and Jonathan Weissman are not on Kos's payroll. They ferreted this out and took it to KOS.

True, but Markos already had planned on dumping them due to 538's reviewal of their dismal polling record. Kudos to the three people who saw past the dismal record to actually look at the numbers.

Good thing Kos was posting the crosstabs; helps clear him from claims of nefariousness/collusion.

TeyshaBlue
06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
If anything this should lend more credibility to polls in the long run. When you make shit up, they will find it.

Not always. Recently, Harris released a "poll" that was anything but. Despite the small print "qualifiers", which nobody who used the poll bothered to publish, it turned out to be an online, self-selecting poll which in no way, shape or form can be considered representative of anything. It was a sham, but you didn't see any retraction from Harris because they essentially washed their hands of it in the small print.