PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Gomes officially waved

jiggy_55
06-29-2010, 04:08 PM
www.blazers.com has the short article.

Any idea on an interest in him and if he'd sign for SA considering we don't have much money?

EDIT: James Jones officially waved as well.

ace3g
06-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I guess the Spurs can sign Babbitt to, lol lol

from their site:

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Portland Trail Blazers have waived forward Ryan Gomes. Gomes, along with Luke Babbitt (16th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft), was acquired in a draft day trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves for guard/forward Martell Webster.

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2010, 04:23 PM
I guess the Spurs can sign Babbitt to

from their site:

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Portland Trail Blazers have waived forward Ryan Gomes. Gomes, along with Luke Babbitt (16th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft), was acquired in a draft day trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves for guard/forward Martell Webster.

What?..

jiggy_55
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
I guess the Spurs can sign Babbitt to

from their site:

Read that again. :lol

ace3g
06-29-2010, 04:25 PM
lol, I didn't see the period and second Gomes to start the 2nd sentence, I just read it Gomes was waived along with Luke Babbitt, I only posted it because I thought it was a typo on their side, lol

jiggy_55
06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
lol, I didn't see the period and second Gomes to start the 2nd sentence, I just read it Gomes was waived along with Luke Babbitt, I only posted it because I thought it was a typo on their side, lol

Ya I noticed, hence the read again msg :).

On another note, James Jones has been waived from the Heat as well. This is a more possible target I believe.

sananspursfan21
06-29-2010, 06:39 PM
why would portland waive gomes? he's young and has a future as a great role player. he reminds me a lot of shawn marion, including his goofy shot.

newly added splitter, gomes, j. anderson = :)

Spurs Brazil
06-29-2010, 06:41 PM
I think the Spurs have decent option on SF, Jones, Gomes, Butler. The question is. Will they offer the LLE?

I don't see any of those guys signing a minimum deal

TD 21
06-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Jones will probably sign for the minimum. Gomes more than likely will make more than the LLE and Butler will likely either make the LLE or exceed it.

Because of the addition of Anderson, I'd be somewhat surprised if Jones is signed. He's a decent defender, but he's not a stopper, not athletic, not all that young and while he'd bring three-point shooting, the Spurs have that in Anderson, who is significantly younger and more athletic.

tomtom
06-29-2010, 07:39 PM
why would portland waive gomes? he's young and has a future as a great role player. he reminds me a lot of shawn marion, including his goofy shot.

newly added splitter, gomes, j. anderson = :)

Well we save money by waiving him and I guess the big guys think Babbit will be able to produce what Webster and Gomes could do at a cheaper price. Plus they seem to be set in stone with Batum as the starter. Not to mention Elli0t Williams is also seen as the future SG or SF.