PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat buyout James Jones

MiamiHeat
06-29-2010, 04:10 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-james-jones-s062910,0,7343670.story

So now the club has even more cap space. An additional $2.1 million for dumping Jones.

I mentioned this yesterday, that the Heat are shopping Beasley to save $5 mil and that they would probably waive James Jones :P

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4455438#post4455438

I wonder why the Heat are clearing even more space? :lol

Indazone
06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
James Jones...you are the weakest link!

Shank
06-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Who will be the dumbass team to take Beasley to help the Heat?

MiamiHeat
06-29-2010, 04:17 PM

there will be someone, and in all honesty, Beasley is a very damn good offensive player.

I'm not overrating him. He really is a good offensive player. If he had more freedom on offense, he could EASILY put up 25 ppg. The kid has a sweet mid range jumper, etc...

but his defense.....

hey, a lot of "stars" are offensive players with no D. so w/e

someone will take him. he doesn't suck.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 04:19 PM

The Wizards

xtremesteven33
06-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Shheeeet Ill take James Jones on the Spurs in a heartbeat....Long, athletic and can shoot the 3....like a poor mans Ariza...

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 04:20 PM
there will be someone, and in all honesty, Beasley is a very damn good offensive player.

I'm not overrating him. He really is a good offensive player. If he had more freedom on offense, he could EASILY put up 25 ppg. The kid has a sweet mid range jumper, etc...

but his defense.....

hey, a lot of "stars" are offensive players with no D. so w/e

someone will take him. he doesn't suck.

This is actually right. If Beasley invested as much energy in basketball as he does in his corn rows he'd be an all star.

Shank
06-29-2010, 04:20 PM
The Wizards

If so, someone should mushroom stamp their foreheads that they play in the same conference and are only burying themselves. Aw, fuck it. They wouldn't understand anyway.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
If so, someone should mushroom stamp their foreheads that they play in the same conference and are only burying themselves. Aw, fuck it. They wouldn't understand anyway.

Same division too :lol.....they're doing this to fuck the Knicks over. They understand perfectly, Grunsfeld just wants to cock block the team that fired him.

MiamiHeat
06-29-2010, 04:33 PM
This gives the HEAT $45.5 mil to work with right now.

If they get rid of Beasley, they will have $49.9 mil in cap space

angelbelow
06-29-2010, 04:37 PM

i doubt anyone is gonna take beasley now.

bostonguy
06-29-2010, 05:01 PM
While it is nice that the heat are getting all this cap space, who else do they have after Bosh,Bron,Wade assuming they land all 3?

They would literally have no depth, a soft interior D, no center, and no more money other than the vets min to fill out on role players. Those 3 alone aren't going to get it done. If they have terrible scrub type role players, it will catch up to them. You need a balance of stars and role players. You don't need amazing depth (see LA) but you need decent role players. Scrubs won't cut it. Superstars make your team a contender but having good role players is what make you champs.

Shank
06-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Maybe they think they'll be up 50 by the half and will empty the bench (both guys) and milk away the game playing 2-on-5.

MiamiHeat
06-29-2010, 05:17 PM
They would literally have no depth, a soft interior D, no center, and no more money other than the vets min to fill out on role players. Those 3 alone aren't going to get it done. If they have terrible scrub type role players, it will catch up to them. You need a balance of stars and role players. You don't need amazing depth (see LA) but you need decent role players. Scrubs won't cut it. Superstars make your team a contender but having good role players is what make you champs.

Actually, the HEAT have Joel Anthony for Center. He was extended an offer of I think $1mil. He's a good rebounding / defensive player. That's about it. Sounds good to me.

bostonguy
06-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Actually, the HEAT have Joel Anthony for Center. He was extended an offer of I think $1mil. He's a good rebounding / defensive player. That's about it. Sounds good to me.

I haven't seen enough to Joel to judge him. I didn't even know he was under contract still. If he is a Kendrick Perkins type of player, then awesome. Chalmers just needs to hit open 3's. Wade and Bron will do most of the ball handling. Hopefully they don't have to deal Beasley to make this trio work. He would be a solid 6th man. You can fill out the rest of the bench with hungry vets. As I said before, you don't need a strong bench to win it all.

Shank
06-29-2010, 05:23 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/joel_anthony/index.html

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_joel_anthony.jpg

MiamiHeat
06-29-2010, 05:53 PM
I haven't seen enough to Joel to judge him. I didn't even know he was under contract still. If he is a Kendrick Perkins type of player, then awesome. Chalmers just needs to hit open 3's. Wade and Bron will do most of the ball handling. Hopefully they don't have to deal Beasley to make this trio work. He would be a solid 6th man. You can fill out the rest of the bench with hungry vets. As I said before, you don't need a strong bench to win it all.

7QXLhTFtFXY

He's a great shot blocker, plays defense, etc... no offense to speak of though.

Look at the Lakers and Celtics, Not much of a bench at all. Most teams, in the playoffs, only go 7-8 players deep anyway.

DDS4
06-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Picking up loose change underneath the couch.

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 09:35 AM

Looks like it will be the Toronto Raptors.

They want Beasley and Chalmers from the HEAT in a S/T for Bosh.

This would lock down Bosh, and free up the cap space needed to sign LeBron to max if that's what LeBron wants.

Darrin
06-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Beasley to Detroit!!!

Booharv
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM
i doubt anyone is gonna take beasley now.

Someone took Hinrich and he makes $9 million and has nowhere near Beasley's upside. Beasley's 21 btw.

Booharv
06-30-2010, 11:38 AM
While it is nice that the heat are getting all this cap space, who else do they have after Bosh,Bron,Wade assuming they land all 3?

That may be true for the first year, but depending on how willing they are to spend and depending on the new CBA they could have the MLE and LLE to spend every year starting in 2011 and plenty of vets will take less money to go to their team. They could be adding 7+ million of players every year in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. The first year they will have probably have very little depth though this is true.