PDA

View Full Version : Who watches the Watchmen/ Stern is a giant pussy

Shank
06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Seriously, where are the tampering investigations? The crap has run rampant these last few weeks as has only gotten worse as we near the opening of free agency. You have reports of players meeting with other players in secret locations, Jay-Z hanging out with LeBron, players Tweeting about meeting with others, scads of daily "sources" revealing new information about how team A is going to bring in a certain player or target him.

How much of this falls under the purview of tampering? Is Stern such a pussy that he won't do anything? Or will he just say "we can't prove anything" and will turn a blind eye?

Giant pussy.

On a sidenote, if you ever saw a giant pussy, would you be tempted to climb inside? Or is that not your thing?

ChumpDumper
06-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Why would free agents' meeting with each other be tampering?

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 04:20 PM
The only thing fishy is Jay-Z hanging with LeBron since he's a minority owner. But unless he comes out and says they discussed LeBron's free agency, probably nothing that can be done about it.

I'm sure this is all because Cuban got busted for tampering. But if Cuban is dumb enough to go on TV and specifically mention going after LeBron, he deserves it.

There's really nothing to be done about the LeBron/Jay-Z thing cuz it can be easily covered up by them saying "We're best buddies, we hung out and just talked about how we like to shit with the door open, talk about pussy, go on riverboat gambling trips, and make our own beef jerky."

Shank
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Why would free agents' meeting with each other be tampering?

Eddie Curry's fake relationship with LeBron is one example, but you know there are dozens of communications going on daily that will never be uncovered. Shit, Stern probably thinks they all send letters through the mail and use their rotary phones to talk about their futures.

Shank
06-29-2010, 04:26 PM
The only thing fishy is Jay-Z hanging with LeBron since he's a minority owner. But unless he comes out and says they discussed LeBron's free agency, probably nothing that can be done about it.

I'm sure this is all because Cuban got busted for tampering. But if Cuban is dumb enough to go on TV and specifically mention going after LeBron, he deserves it.

There's really nothing to be done about the LeBron/Jay-Z thing cuz it can be easily covered up by them saying "We're best buddies, we hung out and just talked about how we like to shit with the door open, talk about pussy, go on riverboat gambling trips, and make our own beef jerky."

If Cuban arranged a dinner with Wade to just shoot the shit about their personal lives, you know Stern would be digging for a fine.

(Not trying to go homer, just using Cuban as he's been a recent example)

ChumpDumper
06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Eddie Curry's fake relationship with LeBron is one exampleCurry isn't a free agent.

I asked about free agents meeting.

Shank
06-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Curry isn't a free agent.

I asked about free agents meeting.

It's a great question, but I didn't write anything about free agents meeting. If it was inferred, I'm sorry.

Indazone
06-29-2010, 04:47 PM
In any other industry, two salespeople getting together to talk about pricing or business strategies from two different companies is considered collusion. I don't see the difference here.

Baseline
06-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Stern bringing Pau Gasol to the Lakers for nothing is tampering.

Players - free agents or not - having dinner and hanging out together has nothing to do with tampering.

It's a free crountry, except when Stern says it isn't.

I'm all for LeBron, Wade, and Bosh getting together on the same team. At least it's three guys exercising their own free will, rather than Stern orchestrating a team of his design (the current LA Lakers).

Shank
06-29-2010, 05:16 PM
No answers on the giant vagina? I'd at least be curious about climbing inside.

BadOdor
06-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Mav fan got sand in his vagina again?

leemajors
06-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Shank, off topic but nice avatar.

Kevin Durant 35
06-30-2010, 12:22 AM
stern bringing pau gasol to the lakers for nothing is tampering.

Players - free agents or not - having dinner and hanging out together has nothing to do with tampering.

It's a free crountry, except when stern says it isn't.

I'm all for lebron, wade, and bosh getting together on the same team. At least it's three guys exercising their own free will, rather than stern orchestrating a team of his design (the current la lakers).

+1

SenorSpur
06-30-2010, 01:35 AM
The NBA is such a hypocritical entity. They envoke selective enforcement of their own tampering rules. Players, their advisers and even agents, have been using backside channels to violate tampering rules for years. However, the LeBron James situation is the most blatant example of how the tampering rules are ineffective and selectively enforced.

Members of James' inner circle, including World Wide Wes and Maverick Carter, have blatantly manipulated and virtually dictated moves of some NBA teams, up to this point. They've talked openly about the recruiting process and criteria needed entice James. All while he's been a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team.

Meanwhile, the potential teams hoping to sign James, have been blatantly giving away players and draft choices, in a desparate effort to gut their rosters, to create the necessary salary cap space. The Knicks, for example, in anticipation of this summer, have been doing this for two full seasons. And this is the same league that instituted the NBA Draft Lottery because they wanted to curtail teams from tanking games to get the #1 overall pick. I wonder what the NBA calls it when teams tank their rosters, with no hope of competiting during the current season, all to try and gain an edge in the free agent market?

The NBA is quick to fine an owner (Cuban), or a GM (Kerr) for even joking or making harmless comments about one of the potential free agents-to be. However, they've put up and ignored ALL of this blatant, conspicuous violations of the league's tampering rules - especially when it came to the free agent summer of 2010. I just know that Stern is somewhere sitting on his ass, and getting a big kick out of the publicity.

Basketballgirl25
06-30-2010, 06:21 AM
I wouldn't call Jay-z hanging out with Lebron tampering. For all we know they could have been talking about the Yankees, love Jay-z for trying though. Good to know he is trying to push James to the Nets lol

Findog
06-30-2010, 08:50 AM
It's ridiculous to fine Steve Kerr for joking on the radio about it but to let everything else slide.