PDA

View Full Version : Soft Dick + who for Al Jefferson?

Fabbs
06-29-2010, 05:41 PM
MN said to be determined to move Al Jefferson before the season starts.
3 years, 42 mil left.
Could MN be duped by a Soft Dick + ____?

Objection "He wouldn't be able to play defense in *Pops hard nozed defensive scheme*.
:rollin But Matty Bonner and Mike Finley could.

tp2021
06-29-2010, 05:53 PM
You have experience duping Minnie with a soft dick Fabbs?

Fabbs
06-29-2010, 06:04 PM
I don't think MN is that desperate but who knows, this is the WWENBA.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
06-29-2010, 06:29 PM
:lol:lol:lolsoft dick

mosdef17
06-29-2010, 08:12 PM
I would like Al Jefferson very much, I think because of his poor and injured season last year he is now undervalued by most fans. His season last year can be compared to Tony Parkers who I believe this forum is also undervaluing. A trade would no doubt need to include either GHill or Blair, I would give up Blair in the following trade-

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5580581

Assuming we sign Splitter I would be very happy going into next season with the roster being as follows:

PG: Parker/Hill
SG: Hill/Manu/Anderson
SF: Webster/Anderson/Hairston
PF: Duncan/McDyess
C: Jefferson/Splitter

In todays NBA you need a very solid big man rotation to compete with the likes of the Lakers, Celtics (although they are probably about to be removed from this list) and the Magic. If Minnesota would do this trade is another story. This trade basically assumes that the trade for Martell was not to specifically acquire his services, which at this stage I'm not too sure of.

Danny.Zhu
06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
I would like Al Jefferson very much, I think because of his poor and injured season last year he is now undervalued by most fans. His season last year can be compared to Tony Parkers who I believe this forum is also undervaluing. A trade would no doubt need to include either GHill or Blair, I would give up Blair in the following trade-

Assuming we sign Splitter I would be very happy going into next season with the roster being as follows:

In todays NBA you need a very solid big man rotation to compete with the likes of the Lakers, Celtics (although they are probably about to be removed from this list) and the Magic. If Minnesota would do this trade is another story. This trade basically assumes that the trade for Martell was not to specifically acquire his services, which at this stage I'm not too sure of.

In that case, SF will be too weak.

Dro210
06-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Maybe... probably not tho, I don't trust his health, and I don't like his contract, work ethic, defense, or size.... would really only even consider it if we could get Corey Brewer out of the deal too.

mosdef17
06-29-2010, 10:54 PM
In that case, SF will be too weak.

Too weak in what sense? Offensively? Defensively? Offensively I think he is perfect on the team as he is a great three point shooter from all around the arc and defensively he is not bad either, he has good size at 6'7 too. Don't forget, we did win three championships with Bruce Bowen playing 85-90% of the minutes at SF during the playoffs. Now, I'm not comparing Websters defence to Bruce, but his offensive contribution will be far superior. Defensively, our increased size and length will enable the perimeter players to force players middle (which is essentially what Orlando do) as the help defence that will result will be of great quality. I think we would most likely add another SF for the LLE or Vet Minimum in that instance anyway as we would have a couple of roster spots still available.

Fabbs
06-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Maybe... probably not tho, I don't trust his health, and I don't like his contract, work ethic, defense, or size.... would really only even consider it if we could get Corey Brewer out of the deal too.
He's been on booze for who knows how long.
Now that he got a DUI (2nd one?) and put on probation, could he be off booze abuse therefore better then he ever has been?

This is where good GMs earn their money. Popazit and Bumford have been disappointing to say the least in their big men moves. Trying to pawn off Bonner as a frontline player and Mike FinleyPop at the 4, spare us.

eisfeld
06-30-2010, 12:20 AM

Anderson and Hairston as SF would leave the Spurs with the same problem as always... undersized wings.

mosdef17
06-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Anderson and Hairston as SF would leave the Spurs with the same problem as always... undersized wings.

If only people read the discussions and offered contributions in this forum... :sleep

Fabbs
07-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Does Soft Dicks opting out of his 15 per year expiring and potential Spurs resigning at less per year for more years make him better trade bait to MN or worse?