PDA

View Full Version : Mike Taylor Declares Spurs Window is Closed

arodz
06-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Anyone catch STSA today? Taylor was giving examples of what his precious Mavs could do in free agency and sign-n-trades. He said maybe they could trade Caron Butler for Joe Johnson and that would put the Mavs over the Spurs. Then said "The Spurs window is closed as far as I'm concerned".

Yup, there's Spurs Talk on STSA. JB bit his lip, but I could tell he wanted to retort.

BTW: Funny how when Taylor was out last week on vacation, Clear Channel gets Randy Myers out of Dallas to fill in for him. They couldn't even find someone who could come into the fucking studio.

Clear Channel - :flipoff

dbestpro
06-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Sports radio in San Antonio is dead. I can find more engaging conversation about the Spurs on satellite radio.

SenorSpur
06-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Anyone catch STSA today? Taylor was giving examples of what his precious Mavs could do in free agency and sign-n-trades. He said maybe they could trade Caron Butler for Joe Johnson and that would put the Mavs over the Spurs. Then said "The Spurs window is closed as far as I'm concerned".

Yup, there's Spurs Talk on STSA. JB bit his lip, but I could tell he wanted to retort.

BTW: Funny how when Taylor was out last week on vacation, Clear Channel gets Randy Myers out of Dallas to fill in for him. They couldn't even find someone who could come into the fucking studio.

Clear Channel - :flipoff

I listened online last week for a brief period - hoping to catch some draft talk. All I got was "dude talk". I noticed Taylor wasn't there and was hoping Clear Channel had put him out of his misery.

I always knew Taylor would never renounce his Mavs homerism. Not surprising, considering the fact that he was born in the metroplex. With the Spurs in clear transition, I guess he doesn't feel the need to hide it now.

Spursfan092120
06-29-2010, 07:14 PM
:jack

tdunk21
06-29-2010, 07:16 PM
someone should have reminded this mike fucking taylor that we closed their window in the playoffs .....everyone should bitchslap this fucktard

Mel_13
06-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Mike Taylor is a tool.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Butt hurt after another first exit. No worries...

mingus
06-29-2010, 07:40 PM
the Spurs still have one more year where they'll be contenders.

stxspurs
06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
afternoon san antonio sports talk totally sucks...i actually enjoy morning show...except all the tiger talk but they talk alot of spurs and any team im intrested in...i dont give a fuck who the dbag of the yr is....i dont give a fuck about dallas, i dont give damn about any little bit they have going....clearchannel needs to find someone else.....paul alexander imo does a decent job on topics...chris and jason are not my favs but they will due every now and then

My Fault
06-29-2010, 07:56 PM
On the topic if the window is still open. I say the Spurs have one more chance given they over come their biggest foe health. Of course assuming Tiago comes over.

Dro210
06-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Our window is not closed, adding Tiago which I think is almost certain and Anderson to our squad, with TP and RJ playing for thier next contract and Manu taking the summer off.......Blair and Hill having another summer to work on thier weaknesses I think the Window is wide open.

:tu love it!

and fuck Mike Taylor, pos.

BlackSwordsMan
06-29-2010, 07:59 PM
as long as duncan is healthy and parker can score at least 2 points spurs might be alright

Russ
06-29-2010, 08:00 PM
The time I heard that a former championship team's window was closed was the Lakers in '08.

Then they go that former Euro league MVP of a big man.

EricD
06-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Who cares what a Mav fan thinks?

easy7
06-29-2010, 08:35 PM
I don't even listen to that shit radio station anymore, I do not need anyone force feeding me and telling me that San Antonio loves them some Cowboys. I am here here in San Antonio and I couldn't give a flying fuck about the Cowboys or ticket 760. I lived in Dallas for 20 years but never rooted for their sorry ass teams. I want me some Spurs, I want to talk about championships from 4 years ago and not 15 years ago, and everything San Antonio. Fuck Dallas.

Hooks
06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
LOL @ Dirk opting out of his contract

HankChinaski
06-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Honestly Mike Taylor is alright but I don't listen to the man when it turns into NBA basketball. Football is more his thing I my opinion. I like the boys from The Grind. O.J. and crew are pretty funny and make from some interesting points. Much better show in regards to Mike Taylor.

xellos88330
06-29-2010, 09:16 PM
IIRC, he declared the Mavs would beat the Spurs in the playoffs this year too. I never listened to him before this year, and he is clearly a Mavs fan. To me he has no credibility as far as the Spurs are concerned.

Man In Black
06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Like they like to say,Biggest DBag ever!

NRHector
06-29-2010, 09:26 PM
why bother to listen to his show? I stopped listening to his show 2 years ago

Spursfan092120
06-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Honestly Mike Taylor is alright but I don't listen to the man when it turns into NBA basketball. Football is more his thing I my opinion. I like the boys from The Grind. O.J. and crew are pretty funny and make from some interesting points. Much better show in regards to Mike Taylor.
This. Mike Taylor knows shit about basketball...but when it comes to football, I can actually enjoy the show. He has a little knowledge. Other than that, it pretty much blows.

purist
06-29-2010, 10:43 PM
To be expected from Taylor the Mav fan. Taylor is a DAllas homer all the way around; so it is what it is. But clear channel does SA a disservice when the fill-in for Taylor is another Dallas personality. Really? clear channel headquarters are in SA and you have to find talent in Dallas to fill in for another DAllas transplant? It could be worse though, it could be the "other" afternoon show where all they do is talk about the girls who walk into the restaurant/bar/live remote location of the day. Seems those guys forgot that radio is not a visual medium and that most of the listening audience is post puberty.

Solid D
06-29-2010, 10:54 PM
About that time today, I flipped my car radio from AM to a CD that was in my deck.

davi78239
06-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Yea, I'm tired of "worshiping the cowboys" like this is fucking Dallas, TX. God what would these people do if we ever get our OWN NFL TEAM here in SA. I thought that Jack Ass was suppose to talk nothing but training camp when he returned from his vacay? I'm shocked that he had time to even talk Spurs or NBA at that. And yea, that Other sports show can't seem to layoff talking about women all the damn time and about Becky Hammon 100 times and this news caster and that news caster.

4>0rings
06-29-2010, 11:39 PM
We'all know that mutt will say the sky's green to pay his bills.

Orale homes!!!!!

4>0rings
06-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Yea, I'm tired of "worshiping the cowboys" like this is fucking Dallas, TX. God what would these people do if we ever get our OWN NFL TEAM here in SA. I thought that Jack Ass was suppose to talk nothing but training camp when he returned from his vacay? I'm shocked that he had time to even talk Spurs or NBA at that. And yea, that Other sports show can't seem to layoff talking about women all the damn time and about Becky Hammon 100 times and this news caster and that news caster.
We had our 2 months of Spurs talk in April and May... that's all he is owed in SAN ANTONIO.

He says no one will call in, BS. I'll call in 24/7 then.

MrChug
06-29-2010, 11:43 PM
My brother loves him...does that make him officially a D-Bag? Kerp can you hear me?!?!? haha

Trainwreck2100
06-29-2010, 11:43 PM
talking about him gives him free pub and is counterproductive. I wouldn't give a shit about him, but he hosts react so i can't ignore him

EricB
06-29-2010, 11:48 PM
:lol sucked you guys in hook line and sinker...

gospursgojas
06-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Do not listen to Mike Taylor for San Antonio sports talk

Do listen to Mike Taylor for Mavs, Cowboys, TCU talk

rayray2k8
06-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Then don't listen to the show.. Period. Switch to ESPN 1250 the zone.

kromediablo
06-30-2010, 02:06 AM
mikes too into himself..this is why his show is weak...i switch the station when mikes on...lol

spurs10
06-30-2010, 02:51 AM
Is he the guy that talks about the Spurs after their games and Bill Schoenig signs off?

purist
06-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Then don't listen to the show.. Period. Switch to ESPN 1250 the zone.

That afternoon show is worse. Ther. All you hear is how hot the women in the bar are or how great TeRrell Owens is. Or you might hear them interview other local tv personalities.

SpursSecurity
06-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Fuck Mike Taylor, that guy is weak. I can't stand his show. Actually the entire afternoon lineup sucks. I do my switch to ESPN in the afternoon.

But I agree, how the hell do you bring in a Dallas guy to fillin. IN the morning at least they bring in a local guy like Paul Greco to sit in for the guys. Why not ask him to fill in for Taylor? At least we could have some in there with an actual sports take.

Taylor Sucks, The Grind Sucks, keep local local and the ticket would be better

Supergirl
06-30-2010, 08:14 AM
eh, every year someone professes the Spurs' window is closed, yet every year they're right there in the thick of it.

Quietly they've developed a core of young players who are the future of the Spurs: Parker, Hill, Blair. There is certainly a question as to whether Duncan and Manu can win another title - their window is closing if not closed - but there's no question those three players are gonna be great for the Spurs for years to come. And we've got players like Splitter who offer a huge upside on their way over...

lotr1trekkie
06-30-2010, 08:33 AM
IF Splitter comes the Spurs have a 2 or 3 year window. All the FA signings will make the league unstable for a while. If Bosh, Wade and LeBron are in Miami how many balls will they have to play with. Ditto Chicago! If Amare and Johnson land in NY who does the dirty work.
THE Truth is that TEAMS function at maximum when there is is clearly defined peeking order and everyone understands it and play a role. Hell, put 2 or 3 MAX contracts on a team. Eventually, the rest of the team will become spectators. If Little Jamie was really interested in getting a ring he would sign with Boston or the Lakers. He not only wants a ring but he wants all the credit for it. That is his flaw.

rjv
06-30-2010, 09:04 AM
who cares about taylor? he gives a few decent takes about the cowboys once every blue moon and then he fills in the rest of the time with humor you left behind in the 8th grade.

HankChinaski
06-30-2010, 02:09 PM
The Grind Sucks, keep local local and the ticket would be better

I'm going to disagree with you on The Sports Grind. Its a decent show. I like how they talk about other teams in leagues. They're a funny cast at times that stay on topic.

And honestly what else is there to talk about with local sports with the exception of The Spurs? UTSA basketball and football program??? Get real.

arodz
06-30-2010, 04:16 PM
talking about him gives him free pub and is counterproductive. I wouldn't give a shit about him, but he hosts react so i can't ignore him

I bring him up because this is the only place I can vent about this. And don't even get me started on React. :bang