PDA

View Full Version : Blair ----MVP

dbestpro
06-29-2010, 08:47 PM
After a successful rookie campaign with the San Antonio Spurs, DeJuan Blair had a sit-down interview with thepittsburghchannel.com to discuss his first year in the NBA and areas he needs to improve upon for next season. In the interview, Blair was asked about his goals. He said: My goal is one day, be the MVP of the league, and win a world championship. ------projectspurs.com

Sooooo, if he were to be able to realize his MVP aspirations due you think he could do it from the PF/C position or do you think he would have to develop SF skills?

spursfaninla
06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
1) blair just does not have the speed to be a sf. Too heavy, wrong body type. not going to happen.

2) so, he must be a pf/c. He is going to have to overcome his height limitations. It can be done, but he does not have the same physical tools that others of similar height (barkley) did in order to realize that.

I don't think it is really possible, but he could be a starter-quality player that is good. That would be amazing considering where we drafted him and his height, really.

The desire he has also will help him achieve that.

But you can't teach height, and he will never be able to defend some players I think.

Hooks
06-29-2010, 08:58 PM
But you can't teach height, and he will never be able to defend some players I think.

BCDF5hK-PIk

chazley
06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
1) blair just does not have the speed to be a sf. Too heavy, wrong body type. not going to happen.

2) so, he must be a pf/c. He is going to have to overcome his height limitations. It can be done, but he does not have the same physical tools that others of similar height (barkley) did in order to realize that.

I don't think it is really possible, but he could be a starter-quality player that is good. That would be amazing considering where we drafted him and his height, really.

The desire he has also will help him achieve that.

The guy had two 20/20 games as a rookie, and people still doubt this guy can be an allstar? People need to start asking how will teams match up with Dejaun instead of vice versa. He's super talented, and his height does not matter. His wingspan is typical of a 7-footer, and once he develops a 17-footer, he could turn into an upgraded Millsap.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-29-2010, 09:10 PM
MAn im getting tired of yall dumb ass people on here shut the fuck up talking bout blair can't do this blair can't do that blair is too short, mutherfuckers the nigga matched up with the best bigs and the league as a rookie and did a phenomenal job, he had 3 20 20 games, counting the rookie game, dejuan can be a mvp stop the hating already.

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
MAn im getting tired of yall dumb ass people on here shut the fuck up talking bout blair can't do this blair can't do that blair is too short, mutherfuckers the nigga matched up with the best bigs and the league as a rookie and did a phenomenal job, he had 3 20 20 games, counting the rookie game, dejuan can be a mvp stop the hating already.

:wow

Congratulations:toast..

BadOdor
06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
lol.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-29-2010, 09:16 PM
my bad i meant *in the league* but yea shut the hell up blair bodied mutherfuckers in the paint this year

TIMMYD!
06-29-2010, 09:18 PM

Congratulations:toast..

Speaking of bad grammar, what ever happened to tothrowed?

ulosturedge
06-29-2010, 09:42 PM
He will get more chances to guard these tall centers next season. Late last season wasn't the time to be experimenting for Pop. Pop had already solidified his rotation and wasn't about to disrupt it going into the playoffs. Basically it remains to be seen where his potential stands in guarding solid 7 footers. It could very well be true that playing him when the matchups are right would be best, but imo that would only be true from a defensive standpoint because offensively he seemed to overcome regardless. Either way why not give the kid a little more time before trying to make so many assumptions. He was a rookie last year after all....

Blackjack
06-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Here's the interview:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/23983997/index.html

SpursTillTheEnd
06-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Speaking of bad grammar, what ever happened to tothrowed?
i got banned for some stupid stuff last, but im back, why wussup yall miss me? i mean i did predict we would stop durant's scoring streak

spursfaninla
06-29-2010, 09:48 PM

I am very enthusiastic about blair.

I think he will be a good, starter-quality big who nevertheless struggles to defend the bigger pf/c, who can face him up and just shoot over him, and he will will always have a disadvantage against them being able to more easily block his shot.

It is not hating to think that his ceiling being all-star is not realistic.

Blair is an amazing rebounder. He collected the 23rd most offensive rebounds in the league, and did it in half the minutes of everyone ahead of him.

Per40?

dwight, camby, dalambert, blair, boozer, duncan.

That is pretty damn good company.

Scoring? 55%. Again, excellent even for a post player.

Ranks 24th in efficiency ranking per48.

It is amazing that he did as well as he did. I am really happy that we have him in the pipe-line. That said, his limits are inherent in his body.

How many post players survived in the league being 6-6? very few.

How many were a top player? Maybe 1.

We have examples of very good players, like Utah's Milsap. I think Blair will be Milsap good.

Is that all-star good? No.

Is that MVP good? HELL NO.

I was also excited to see his 20-20 game he had in the last game of the season. But be straight; it was a laugher where dallas did not take the game seriously and they were up 20 most of the way.

TIMMYD!
06-29-2010, 09:52 PM
i got banned for some stupid stuff last, but im back, why wussup yall miss me? i mean i did predict we would stop durant's scoring streak

Holy shit, I didn't know it was you.

galvatron3000
06-29-2010, 10:14 PM
he won't be MVP this season that's for sure

Cane
06-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Good stuff. Doubt he ever reaches MVP level but this guy did have 20/20 games in the reg season and even grabbed 20/20 in the rookie/sophomore game against quite a few 7 footers and the rookies had none. Hell, Blair was about as tall as Tyreke Evans and he grabbed that many boards.

http://www.unlikelywords.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/big-baby.jpg

And as gay as the above picture looks, he's a good role model for Blair since they're both undersized and wide/fat. Blair needs a jumper and to improve his defense but if he gets that done, he might be a borderline star player in the future since he seems more talented than Davis.

Spursfan092120
06-29-2010, 10:35 PM
BCDF5hK-PIk
Very good video..guy knew what the hell he was talking about.

ChuckD
06-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Some of you guys act like he was a REAL second round pick. Until his knee thing came out, I think DX had him at their 11th ranked player.

I don't know if MVP is in the cards, but in trying to attain that goal, he may just wind up being an All Star. He has the tool set, in spite of his short stature. The fact that he's pushing to play summer ball this year is a huge plus. If he gets a jumper, Dice will set a lot less floor time. That's really the only thing holding him back now. Pop doesn't want to pair him with Tim until he can reliably pop the J. That'll change him from only scavenging Tim's leftover minutes to maybe pushing 28-30 and blowing up his production.

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2010, 10:38 PM
if blair was 6'10 > brand

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 12:42 AM
Holy shit, I didn't know it was you.
yea i been on the low (no rainbow) but im back now

Fabbs
06-30-2010, 12:48 AM
The guy had two 20/20 games as a rookie, and people still doubt this guy can be an allstar? People need to start asking how will teams match up with Dejaun instead of vice versa. He's super talented, and his height does not matter. His wingspan is typical of a 7-footer, and once he develops a 17-footer, he could turn into an upgraded Millsap.

:toast Can i buy you two a beer?

SenorSpur
06-30-2010, 02:27 AM
You may be being street and all, but is that really necessary?

angelbelow
06-30-2010, 02:34 AM
Im happy with his aspirations. BUT an important thing is to see if he has the work ethic - because im sure everyone wants to be MVP but not many are willing to work for it.

DesignatedT
06-30-2010, 02:38 AM
:lmao it is tothrowed... that's hilarious.

DesignatedT
06-30-2010, 02:39 AM

real talk.

Blackjack
06-30-2010, 02:43 AM
real talk.

As only a Mescan calling people niggas delivers . . .

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 02:47 AM
You may be being street and all, but is that really necessary?
its built in homie from birth, i mean even in school we would call our teachers our nigga's

SenorSpur
06-30-2010, 02:47 AM
Good stuff. Doubt he ever reaches MVP level but this guy did have 20/20 games in the reg season and even grabbed 20/20 in the rookie/sophomore game against quite a few 7 footers and the rookies had none. Hell, Blair was about as tall as Tyreke Evans and he grabbed that many boards.

http://www.unlikelywords.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/big-baby.jpg

And as gay as the above picture looks, he's a good role model for Blair since they're both undersized and wide/fat. Blair needs a jumper and to improve his defense but if he gets that done, he might be a borderline star player in the future since he seems more talented than Davis.

Big Baby came back this year with an improved outside jumper and it really opened up his game. Of course, he was still the same devastating player on the low block, against lighter defenders. He knows how to use his body to twist and turn, while executing a series of up and under fakes, or getting to the other side of the rim to get his shots off, as needed.

Blair has a knack for this too.

Blackjack
06-30-2010, 02:48 AM
Grown-ass-men speak a grown-ass-language.

That's REAL TALK (and I'd pay to see a tothrowed job application).

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 02:53 AM

XgpRjZKM_Tw but real talk i gets money homie dont get it twisted

DesignatedT
06-30-2010, 02:55 AM

Nigga you no he ain't need no applikation for no j-o-b. he jus shows up n tells da nigga how it gun be- real talk.

DesignatedT
06-30-2010, 02:57 AM

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2010, 03:03 AM
Big Baby came back this year with an improved outside jumper and it really opened up his game. Of course, he was still the same devastating player on the low block, against lighter defenders. He knows how to use his body to twist and turn, while executing a series of up and under fakes, or getting to the other side of the rim to get his shots off, as needed.

Blair has a knack for this too.

i thought this guy was a scrub, but the celtics do like pounding the ball down low to him to score for himself or when he graps them offensive rebs, he just looks to score....

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Nigga you no he ain't need no applikation for no j-o-b. he jus shows up n tells da nigga how it gun be- real talk.
lmao my dude t finally clowning...

SenorSpur
06-30-2010, 08:01 AM
its built in homie from birth, i mean even in school we would call our teachers our nigga's

Understand totally.

We all pick up stuff from birth and from childhood - some good, some not so good. However, does that mean that we have to stay "married" to everything we pick up since birth? Just curious.

Obstructed_View
06-30-2010, 09:10 AM

People don't speak when they're born. It's your fault you're an ignorant moron.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Understand totally.

We all pick up stuff from birth and from childhood - some good, some not so good. However, does that mean that we have to stay "married" to everything we pick up since birth? Just curious.

People don't speak when they're born. It's your fault you're an ignorant moron.
dont get it twisted i was smart enough to be in honor classes with the white kids, but i didnt want to, i had to much shit to handle

tp2021
06-30-2010, 04:02 PM
dont get it twisted i was smart enough to be in honor classes with the white kids, but i didnt want to, i had to much shit to handle

lololololol

Blackjack
06-30-2010, 04:07 PM
i had to much shit to handle

http://worstproductplacement.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/happy_gilmore_product_placement_36.jpg

You handled shit!?!

But REAL TALK ... I hope you're a troll and/or sterile. That's REAL TALK . . .

yavozerb
06-30-2010, 04:16 PM

:lmao

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 04:17 PM
But REAL TALK ... I hope you're a troll and/or sterile. That's REAL TALK . . .
wtf sterile is when you wipe your self with alcohol, so if your trying to say am i clean, you betta believe it im always strapped, and i double up the jimmy on some of these broads.

DesignatedT
06-30-2010, 04:19 PM
wtf sterile is when you wipe your self with alcohol, so if your trying to say am i clean, you betta believe it im always strapped, and i double up the jimmy on some of these broads.

:lmao

SKINNYPIMP210
06-30-2010, 04:39 PM

I see your hobbies include drinking, smoking, and all types of Ill shit.

LMFAO! That's my fav part of the movie!

Blackjack
06-30-2010, 05:15 PM

Exhibit-A

The Prosecution rests . . .

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Exhibit-A

ok BackCrack .... i got so street smarts i could hustle sell you a camel with no hump....

ohmwrecker
06-30-2010, 05:46 PM

'Cuz if I gonna be impotent, I want to look impotent.

IronMexican
06-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Exhibit-A

:rollin