PDA

View Full Version : sons phenomenal news for the Hornets!!!

BRHornet45
06-30-2010, 03:54 AM
PEJA OPTS IN!!!!

Stojakovic, Radmanovic Won't Opt Out

A pair of Serbians definitely won't be hitting the free-agent market.

Agent David Bauman confirmed Monday two of his clients, New Orleans forward Peja Stojakovic and Golden State forward Vladimir Radmanovic, won't opt out of their contracts and become free agents July 1.

"There's no decision to make,'' Bauman said in an interview with FanHouse. "They're not going to opt out.''

Obviously, neither player could command on the open market this summer what they're due to receive in the final years of their deals. Stojakovic, a former All-Star who has had injury problems with the Hornets, will make $15.34 million. Radmanovic, who had injury troubles and averaged 6.2 points in 41 games last season with Charlotte and the Warriors, will receive $6.88 million.

There was a report early this month about the possibility of Stojakovic opting out and signing with the Greek team Panathinaikos. However, it was hard to fathom Stojakovic walking away from such a huge contract. And Stojakovic, who averaged 12.6 points points last season for the Hornets, had told FanHouse earlier this year he likes New Orleans.

"I have no problem (staying in New Orleans),'' Stojakovic, who nevertheless said he expects his name to come up this season in trade rumors due to being in the final year of his contract, said in late January. "I really like the guys on the team. I'm having a good time. My family loves living in New Orleans.''

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/28/serbians-stojakovic-radmanovic-wont-opt-out/

BRHornet45
06-30-2010, 03:58 AM
yay for more air balls!

KidCongo
06-30-2010, 04:04 AM
Contract year, you should expect great things.

thedong
06-30-2010, 04:10 AM
sons, This is a great day for the serbian community in Newlins.

redzero
06-30-2010, 04:20 AM
FUCK!

How come The Hornets had to sign a European player who isn't a crybaby and doesn't want to go to a bigger market?

Peja just knows he has $15 million coming his way.