PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James says his people are working to get "Dream Team" together in Miami

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 08:45 AM
so... looks like LeBron was recruiting an UNIDENTIFIED NBA FREE-AGENT, who wants to remain anonymous. He said that LeBron asked him, "Would you be willing to take less to join Dream Team?"

and then LeBron told him that his people are working to put it together.

Looks like this is actually happening? what the F?

ARTICLE BELOW

--------------------------

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/06/30/2010-06-30_new_york_knicks_out_to_dissuade_lebron_james_fr om_dream_team_in_miami_with_dwyan.html

LeBron James is calling the possible union of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and of course, the King himself, "Dream Team."

Those were the words James used when he reached out to another free agent in the past 10 days and pitched the idea of joining them.

"He said, 'Would you be willing to take less to join Dream Team?'" the player, who did not want to be identified, told the Daily News. "He said his people were putting it together."

That conversation lends credence to reports that James will join Bosh and Wade in Miami. In that scenario, Pat Riley will likely return to the sidelines and coach the Heat.

JamStone
06-30-2010, 08:49 AM
LeBron is so original. I wonder how he came up with "Dream Team."

Muser
06-30-2010, 08:50 AM
But Wade and James are going to Dallas.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-30-2010, 08:50 AM
LeBron is so original. I wonder how he came up with "Dream Team."

:lol

Chieflion
06-30-2010, 08:51 AM

They have Dominque "Dwyane Wade" Jones.

Crytek
06-30-2010, 08:52 AM
And by "less", he means the veteran's minimum.

Shank
06-30-2010, 08:54 AM

When you have nothing to add, be sure to rip on Dallas for no reason.

Shank
06-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Give it a few hours. This report will be shot down like all the others as of late. There is so much mixed information going down in recent days that it's hard to sort.

And if these 3 do manage to join up on the same team, you can bet the other 29 teams in the league will be playing them dirty as hell every night. Would it be possible for the others to sign Bruce Bowen as a rental each night, just to take out some ankles?

Muser
06-30-2010, 08:59 AM
When you have nothing to add, be sure to rip on Dallas for no reason.

Just saying what many Mav fans have said.

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 09:01 AM
And if these 3 do manage to join up on the same team, you can bet the other 29 teams in the league will be playing them dirty as hell every night. Would it be possible for the others to sign Bruce Bowen as a rental each night, just to take out some ankles?

Please. Stern would protect them like gold.

David Stern would have an orgasm if the 3 end up on the same team. They would instantly become the world's most popular team. The bandwagon casual fan would flock in droves to watch the NBA and watch them play. Jersey sales, TV ratings, every stadium they go to would be sold out.

and if they start winning multiple rings, look to them to be more popular than Jordan's Bulls.

Stern would protect his Golden Boys with everything he's got.

Sportcamper
06-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Well…I seriously doubt it…LeBron has the biggest ego in the history of the NBA…He is not a team player like Magic or Kobe…LeBron wants to be THE Star…Not going to be recruited by Wade…Besides, Bosh has nothing in the way of endorsements…Bosh is out for the money…

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 09:17 AM
LeBron has the biggest ego in the history of the NBA…

Shaq, Kobe, and many other stars say you are wrong :P

He is not a team player like Magic or Kobe……

team player like kobe? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

also, how many assists does LeBron and Kobe average again?

kobe's an overrated player who plays for a great organization, the Lakers.

CubanMustGo
06-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Will LeBronze set the example by taking less, too ???

DazedAndConfused
06-30-2010, 09:22 AM
I have serious doubts that an egomaniac like Lebron would ever go join another team to be the #2 man. I just don't see that happen.

My money says Lebron stays in Cleveland where he stands to make the most money possible. They fired their GM and head coach for him. He got what he wanted, and now he just needs to be patient until they can bring in another legitimate star to pair alongside him.

Sportcamper
06-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Kobe is over rated? Kobe just shut down the Celtics…Kobe played with two hand injuries, two ankle injuries and a knee that needed to be drained every other game…

We all saw LeBron just quit when the going got tough against the Celtics…LeBron may leave the NBA with scoring stats but he does not have what it takes to be a World Champion…LeBrons best bet for an NBA ring is to take the MLE, join the World Champion Lakers & learn from great team players like Kobe, Gasol & D Fish…

DPG21920
06-30-2010, 09:38 AM
When you have nothing to add, be sure to rip on the spurs for no reason.

Give it a few hours. This report will be shot down like all the others as of late. There is so much mixed information going down in recent days that it's hard to sort.

Fify

Shank
06-30-2010, 09:39 AM
With Boston coming apart, the Cavs could be right at the top of the East again next season. He'd do well to stay in Cleveland.

Shank
06-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Fify

Last I checked, Bowen wasn't playing for anyone and is still notorious for such moves.

redzero
06-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Last I checked, Bowen wasn't playing for anyone and is still notorious for such moves.

No, when those players landed on Bowen's feet after shooting jumpshots, Bowen was trying to move away from them. It was all a freak accident that happened multiple times.

DPG21920
06-30-2010, 10:03 AM

Last I checked, mavs were after Lebron and Wade?

nkdlunch
06-30-2010, 10:07 AM
no need to do this.

Just come to the Spurs for the MLE and you'll win at least 3 straight ships

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Kobe is over rated? Kobe just shut down the Celtics…Kobe played with two hand injuries, two ankle injuries and a knee that needed to be drained every other game…

We all saw LeBron just quit when the going got tough against the Celtics…LeBron may leave the NBA with scoring stats but he does not have what it takes to be a World Champion…LeBrons best bet for an NBA ring is to take the MLE, join the World Champion Lakers & learn from great team players like Kobe, Gasol & D Fish…

LOL @ Al Quobe..did you forget about Kobe quitting in 2007?..

LOL @ minor injuries that every player goes through, only Kobe uses it as an excuse..

Did you forget about Kobe shitting on all his teammates and organization?..embarrassing Bynum?..what a team player..

Sportcamper
06-30-2010, 10:08 AM
If you like Bruce Bowen, you might like this outstanding DVD…

Spalding Basketball Basic: Learn From The Pros

San Antonio Spur Bruce Bowen shows how to defend a player with and without the ball…

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1359272

http://www.amazon.com/Spalding-Basketball-Basics-Learn-Pros/dp/B000UPMZ12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1277910431&sr=8-1

BUMP
06-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Last I checked, mavs were after Lebron and Wade?

Don't forget Al Jefferson and Joe Johnson

redzero
06-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Don't forget Al Jefferson and Joe Johnson

Oh, I see you've returned. What a surprise.

Sportcamper
06-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Harlem Heat-Dude…I don’t know what you are so upset about…I am not the one who constantly brings up the 1999 asterisk season…Lets move on already...

BUMP
06-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Oh, I see you've returned. What a surprise.

And your mom likes black penises

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2010, 10:14 AM
:lmao

jag
06-30-2010, 10:18 AM

"...well they'll get played dirty and someone will hurt them! Ya!!! Someone will take out their ankles and make them irrelevant. Ya!!! We staaaacked!!"

dickface
06-30-2010, 10:23 AM
They have Dominque "Dwyane Wade" Jones.

he's nothing compared to DeJuan Barkley and James Pippen Anderson.

Dunc n Dave
06-30-2010, 10:24 AM

Did Kobe walk 10 miles to school every day in the snow uphill both ways too?

Muser
06-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Why is mavfan mad that I said they are getting two of the best players in the league.

dickface
06-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Why is mavfan mad that I said they are getting two of the best players in the league.

cuz you're a faggot

BUMP
06-30-2010, 10:28 AM

looks to me like everyone ignored you

Kevin Durant 35
06-30-2010, 01:23 PM

Kobe shut down the celtics how? 6-24
If it wasn't the refs Kobe would've never gotten his 2nd Ring

Was Kobe carried on a cart to the games with all the injuries he had?

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Kobe shut down the celtics how? 6-24
If it wasn't the refs Kobe would've never gotten his 2nd Ring

Was Kobe carried on a cart to the games with all the injuries he had?

Starting Center for the Celts goes out with injury.

bostonguy
06-30-2010, 02:05 PM
With Boston coming apart, the Cavs could be right at the top of the East again next season. He'd do well to stay in Cleveland.

Based on what? They are losing Shaq and Z. They have no tradeable assets. They have no legit #2 option. Once Bron resigns, they won't have cap money to spend for years to come. Cavs haven't been the top dog overall in the east since 2007. They have been the runner up the past 3 years.

The Cavs are going to be worse next season with or without Bron. That roster just isn't very good. Orlando is the team to beat in the east now. Cavs will be in the mix thanks to Bron, but all those flaws aren't going away. Plus with no Shaq, Howard is back to being a major matchup problem for Cleveland.

sook
06-30-2010, 02:08 PM
i hate this attention hungry tool.

Nobody gives a fuck about your playoff choking ass king crab.

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 02:21 PM
ANONYMOUS NBA PLAYER HAS NOW BEEN REVEALED

It was Ray Allen. LeBron asked Ray Ray to take less money to join a Dream Team in Miami.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sedano-says/2010/06/lebron-recruiting-ray-allen-for-heat-dream-team.html

fuck. this thing is so over the top, I don't want to believe it until they sign the dotted lines.

Kevin Durant 35
06-30-2010, 02:26 PM
ANONYMOUS NBA PLAYER HAS NOW BEEN REVEALED

It was Ray Allen. LeBron asked Ray Ray to take less money to join a Dream Team in Miami.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sedano-says/2010/06/lebron-recruiting-ray-allen-for-heat-dream-team.html

fuck. this thing is so over the top, I don't want to believe it until they sign the dotted lines.

Wow I hope this happens. Tired of all the Laker fans.

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 02:34 PM
If you think about it, it makes sense.

Celtics - Pierce, Ray, Garnett
Lakers - Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Odom

these guys realize they need more than just a duo to win nowadays.

jb4g
06-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Ive wondered about this type of scenario all along. 4 top level guys all taking less money to play together, win multiple rings, and make it all back on the endorsement side and be heralded as players that played the game for the right reason and didnt make it all about the money.

Just a dream though, aint no way in hell it would ever happen.

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 02:44 PM

Yup, the only thing winning these days is a big 3 (all of which need to be bonafied all stars) or having a ridiculous advantage up front like LA has. Miami does a great job emulating Boston's 2008 mold with even better players if they complete a Bosh Wade Lebron lineup with Chalmers and Anthony.

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 02:46 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/chrisbosh/article/830455--report-says-raptors-shipping-chris-bosh-to-miami-heat

An article from Toronto is up

Kevin Durant 35
06-30-2010, 02:48 PM

Spurs - Tony Parker, Manu, Duncan, "Robinson"

Cane
06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
They should grab Shaq just so they can shut down Dwight Howard and the Magic as well.

Pat Riley, Ray Allen, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, and Shaq would be a lot of big names.

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Shaq burned a lot of bridges when he went to Phoenix........

I don't think Riley wants him back.. plus Shaq talked shit about Wade too....

dunno.

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah Shaq isn't happening.

Michael Beasley is a real dipshit. If he wasn't the most complacent asshole in the NBA, the Heat would probably be OK with keeping him on board and he could be part of a title contender for the next 7 years, since he's an all star caliber player when motivated for a rookie price tag. Instead, he truly does not care about being any good at basketball, never tries on defense, sometimes tries on offense, and now can't find a team that wants him.

Kevin Durant 35
06-30-2010, 02:59 PM
They should grab Shaq just so they can shut down Dwight Howard and the Magic as well.

Pat Riley, Ray Allen, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, and Shaq would be a lot of big names.

Shaq is nearly 40 years old but if he can still do the right moves at the right time and defend D12 then why not

Ditty
06-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Jefferson/Haywood
Dirk/Najera
James/Marion
Johnson/Butler
Wade/Beaubois

we stacked son

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Yeah Shaq isn't happening.

Michael Beasley is a real dipshit. If he wasn't the most complacent asshole in the NBA, the Heat would probably be OK with keeping him on board and he could be part of a title contender for the next 7 years, since he's an all star caliber player when motivated for a rookie price tag. Instead, he truly does not care about being any good at basketball, never tries on defense, sometimes tries on offense, and now can't find a team that wants him.

Yup, no to Shaq.

I still say 0% chance of LeBron playing in Miami next season. Even though the media is on fire with reports, I don't believe it.

What I do believe, is Bosh-Wade+ ?? in Miami :)

Chillen
06-30-2010, 03:16 PM
I don't know wether to believe all these reports or not, but if all 3 sign with Miami it wouldn't surprise me at all, nice weather, hot girls, chance to win an NBA title and money. I think there could be some major chemistry issues and egos clashing, if Riley coached he'd have to get LeBron to play behind Wade. Lakers could still beat them to...:lol

06-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Well…I seriously doubt it…LeBron has the biggest ego in the history of the NBA…He is not a team player like Magic or Kobe…LeBron wants to be THE Star…Not going to be recruited by Wade…
did lakerfan really just say this? i would think even a bandwagon fan would know about shaq and kobe.