PDA

View Full Version : BOSH: on James/Wade/Bosh trio- "pie in the sky"

Creation88
06-30-2010, 10:10 AM
``I don't see it happening,'' Bosh told us this past weekend of the idea of the three playing together on the Heat.

``I don't even know how it would work. It sounds pie in the sky. Riley is known as a guy who is like a mastermind-type genius. He's probably having a vision one day. But who knows? I don't see it happening.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/30/1707168/heats-pat-riley-must-convince.html#ixzz0sLj2XI7X

Creation88
06-30-2010, 10:10 AM
looks like it could potentially be James/Wade/Boozer or Amare

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 10:17 AM
apparently it's a smoke screen :) Bosh will be in Miami. LeBron though, he will stay in CLE.

http://twitter.com/lebatardshow

dan lebatard is our biggest, nationally known journalist.

this is what he twitted today :

I hear bosh-miami is done ..bosh-wade shared agent avoids tampering...its why beasley, chalmers, anthony still here...raptors get them
42 minutes ago via web

# agree in principle...process plays out...pat riley got scorched on juwan howard but wade and bosh are just dealing with their agent
34 minutes ago via web

Medvedenko
06-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Interesting news and I would love to see that trifecta of Bosh, Lebron and Wade....would be great for the NBA.

Shank
06-30-2010, 10:46 AM
How is that great for the NBA?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM

:lol my thoughts exactly. That would suck for the NBA.

dickface
06-30-2010, 10:48 AM

It's always a good thing when 28 teams go into a season knowing they have no shot.

BUMP
06-30-2010, 10:55 AM
It would make for a good Finals when they play LA

Although you can never count out Dallas, since we have a chance at Joe Johnson. After his playoff performance this year, he alone will vault us over LA

Double-Up
06-30-2010, 11:00 AM
It would make for a good Finals when they play LA

Although you can never count out Dallas, since we have a chance at Joe Johnson. After his playoff performance this year, he alone will vault us over LA

I thought you weren't posting anymore? :lol

BUMP
06-30-2010, 11:01 AM
I thought you weren't posting anymore? :lol

I Favre'd your asses :lol

rjv
06-30-2010, 11:02 AM
not enogh $$$. one of those egos would have to be convinced that they would have to take less than the other 2

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 11:13 AM
not enogh $$$. one of those egos would have to be convinced that they would have to take less than the other 2

not true. If the Heat move Beasley, they have enough to give Wade, Bosh, and LeBron all max contracts.

JamStone
06-30-2010, 11:15 AM
After one season of being very good but not great due to lack of depth, maybe Karl Malone and Gary Payton can join the team for the MLE and LLE respectively and they can rule the NBA.

Double-Up
06-30-2010, 11:16 AM
After one season of being very good but not great due to lack of depth, maybe Karl Malone and Gary Payton can join the team for the MLE and LLE respectively and they can rule the NBA.

2004 all over again?

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 11:19 AM
The one concern I'd have with Lebron Bosh and Wade is I question how much Bosh and Lebron would commit to making Miami a defense first team the way KG, Ray and Pierce did when they joined together in Boston. No doubt in my mind Wade would commit to defense and do it, but I'm not sure about Lebron and Bosh. Other than that though, lack of depth who cares, that team would be the favorites entering next year. They could fill their bench with ring chaser veterans and 2nd round picks.

EDIT: just looked at who they took in the 2nd round. If De'Sean Butler's knee gets healthy, there's an NBA ready bench player right there. Jarvis Varnado is also potentially a 15-20 MPG shot blocker to be used as an energy guy. The point is, their bench wouldn't be a big deal.

Xevious
06-30-2010, 11:21 AM
not true. If the Heat move Beasley, they have enough to give Wade, Bosh, and LeBron all max contracts.
While that's true, is Bosh really worth max? He'll be a third option on that team (if Lebron came along) and really shouldn't get much more than 12-13 IMO.

JamStone
06-30-2010, 11:22 AM
What makes you say Wade would be any more committed to defense than LeBron would be?

I think they're both pretty good defenders. Neither really consistent possession to possession, but that's understandable due to their responsibilities on offense. Both are very good and can be great. But both are also prone to wanting to make the spectacular individual defensive play with blocks and steals than being consistently good as team defenders. If you think Wade would be committed to being great defensively, I'd say the same thing about LeBron.

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 11:25 AM
What makes you say Wade would be any more committed to defense than LeBron would be?

I think they're both pretty good defenders. Neither really consistent possession to possession, but that's understandable due to their responsibilities on offense. Both are very good and can be great. But both are also prone to wanting to make the spectacular individual defensive play with blocks and steals than being consistently good as team defenders. If you think Wade would be committed to being great defensively, I'd say the same thing about LeBron.

I say that because if Lebron really has this dream team vision, his agenda could be to make the Heat some high flying showtime team that has a bunch of memorable barn burner games. Wade seems like someone who just wants to do whatever will make the team better and doesn't give a shit about anything else. I could be dead wrong, I'm just guessing that based on Lebron's tendency to want to entertain more than win.

MiamiHeat
06-30-2010, 11:26 AM
While that's true, is Bosh really worth max? He'll be a third option on that team (if Lebron came along) and really shouldn't get much more than 12-13 IMO.

max I think for 2010-2011 is $16.6 mil (if im wrong, lemme knwo)

teams are going to offer Bosh the max, so if the HEAT want him, they will have to also.

it's not if Bosh is worth it or not, but what market value thinks hes worth ;/

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 11:27 AM
it's not if Bosh is worth it or not, but what market value thinks hes worth ;/

This is a concept people have real problems understanding.

Booharv
06-30-2010, 11:28 AM
:lmao Lebatard.

Booharv
06-30-2010, 11:29 AM
What is Lebatard now, the 50th insider reporter with conflicting information? Inside sources my ass.