PDA

View Full Version : Suns to have one final meeting with Amare

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Since everyone is starting threads about rumors, I figure this is fine since this is actually going on.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/06/29/20100629phoenix-suns-amare-stoudemire.html#comments

Suns Managing Partner Robert Sarver has stuck to the idea of giving Stoudemire a maximum-salary deal for four years (his existing remaining option season plus three more) but not for the maximum six years (option plus a five-year extension) that Stoudemire has desired. NBA sources said Sarver might be willing to change the extension's length to four years, which would give Stoudemire a five-year deal worth $107 million.
I was a huge advocate of keeping him for a 4 year price tag, not sure how I feel about this added year. He probably has at the minimum 3 good years left, so the extra year isn't a big deal but it's almost a sure thing he won't live up to the final year of a 5 year deal. Amare had a recent MRI on his knees and that's what's prompting Sarver to be so cautious about going beyond 4 years. If he's receiving advice from professionals that he shouldn't go beyond 4 years, then he should take the advice rather than give out a bad contract just to sell tickets and prevent more backlash against him.

Fuck, it woulda been so much easier for Sarver just to pay Kerr so he wouldn't be trying to save face with the fans right now and people woulda had the team's back with whatever decision they needed to make. Now Sarver is gonna do a bunch of dumb shit just so people stop hating him so much.

Giuseppe
06-30-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm better off with him staying here. They wouldn't be able to budge monetarily afterward so much as a dollar and a dime.

+ then he'd be sated and go back to the "pre 4th quarter in Dallas benching" Amare and more of the "AWOL Games 1 & 2 vs Lakers" Amare. + the eye is a ticking time bomb and the knee is overdue another full blown operation.

It just goes against all that I am to see those O & 42 fucks get anything they treasure.

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 12:48 PM
The eye injury probably isn't a concern as long he keeps the goggles on and doesn't make that mistake again, the knee is the ticking time bomb.

What's funny is, for the bad rap Amare has as a self-centered person with a me first attitude, he's showing way more loyalty to his old team than any other marquee free agent. Out of all of them, he's the only one who has waited till the last minute to opt out so his team has every chance to extend him and avoid dealing with him in free agency. That's almost the opposite of Chris Bosh's bullshit.

Double-Up
06-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm better off with him staying here. They wouldn't be able to budge monetarily afterward so much as a dollar and a dime.

+ then he'd be sated and go back to the "pre 4th quarter in Dallas benching" Amare and more of the "AWOL Games 1 & 2 vs Lakers" Amare. + the eye is a ticking time bomb and the knee is overdue another full blown operation.

It just goes against all that I am to see those O & 42 fucks get anything they treasure.

LOL staying here...bandwagoning lakerfan...:lol

http://thejackenhacks.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bandwagon-2.jpg

Yee haw.

Giuseppe
06-30-2010, 01:04 PM
I never defend my fandom, Double.

It's my religion.

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 01:35 PM
lol so much for this, Amare just opted out. Thank you for your time with the Suns :lol

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 01:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoaVVdk6F57ZG_ipjCM1fDk5nYcB?slug=ys-stoudemiresuns063010

At least his agent said "like Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce", two guys with little chance of going anywhere.

sook
06-30-2010, 02:09 PM
fuck.

spursfan1000
06-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Amar'e Stoudemire has opted out of his contract, worth $17.6M, and will become an unrestricted free agent.

His agent, Happy Walters, confirmed the news to Yahoo.

“The offer isn’t where it needs to be yet, but we’ve had a good open, cordial dialogue with the Suns," said Walters. "Like Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce, we’re exercising the opt out and we’ll see what presents itself for Amar’e on the market.”

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67622/20100630/amare_decides_to_opt_out/#ixzz0sMo9mKI7

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Look two posts up dipshit

spursfan1000
06-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Look two posts up dipshit

Don't get butt hurt :wakeup

Cane
06-30-2010, 02:43 PM
What's funny is, for the bad rap Amare has as a self-centered person with a me first attitude, he's showing way more loyalty to his old team than any other marquee free agent. Out of all of them, he's the only one who has waited till the last minute to opt out so his team has every chance to extend him and avoid dealing with him in free agency. That's almost the opposite of Chris Bosh's bullshit.

Has Wade opted out already? Never got the impression that Amar'e was a self-centered person, just cocky and one-dimensional.

Goran Dragic
06-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Has Wade opted out already? Never got the impression that Amar'e was a self-centered person, just cocky and one-dimensional.

Wade is not entertaining the possibility of extending with Miami at all. Amare's clear cut 1st choice was to extend with Phoenix and not cause a free agency shit storm. Amare is no more one dimensional than Christina Bosh, and a cocky attitude is better than a settle for jumpers attitude.