PDA

View Full Version : Trade TP and RJ for Melo

Jlowd21
06-30-2010, 02:28 PM
This seems like an awesome deal, idk what the financial situation would look like.. could this be possible?

spursfaninla
06-30-2010, 02:30 PM
denver does that because....?

Why does melo want to leave denver, with a younger team that did better than SA last year?

and what makes this trade even better is that Melo is known as a point forward, so we still have our starting-quality ball handler!

coyotes_geek
06-30-2010, 02:31 PM
No can do. We're already going to trade TP for Bosh and RJ for Dirk.

spursfaninla
06-30-2010, 02:32 PM
No can do. We're already going to trade TP for Bosh and RJ for Dirk.

:lmao

:toast

Jlowd21
06-30-2010, 02:33 PM
i know it would be a longshot, but denver is looking to trade melo because they dont want to him to leave in free agency. i was just wondering if it would be possible financially.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-30-2010, 02:36 PM
i know it would be a longshot, but denver is looking to trade melo because they dont want to him to leave in free agency. i was just wondering if it would be possible financially.

Do you believe everything written by horrible journalists? :lmao

Melo isn't going anywhere.

spursfaninla
06-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Melo is a superstar. Of course getting him would be a coup. He is better than any player on the spurs currently (with duncan having aged).

Because of that, Denver will pay him, and he will stay.

If he were to be traded, it would be for another franchise player, or several young, good players plus picks.

It would take parker and splitter plus picks. Worth it then?

sananspursfan21
06-30-2010, 02:38 PM

says the nuggets fan lol

Jlowd21
06-30-2010, 02:40 PM

I usually believe the bottom line of espn mate. if he isnt traded he will hit the free agent market next year and forget all about the city of denver

cd98
06-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Melo won't get traded unless it's clear he won't resign. Why wouldn't he? Because he may want to go to a winner. That Denver roster only promises mediocrity for the near future.

coyotes_geek
06-30-2010, 02:41 PM

Financially, sure. You could find a deal that works cap-wise. But common sense wise there's just no way. If Denver feels they need to trade Melo because they're afraid of him bolting on them when he becomes a free agent, they're not going to trade him for two lesser players in Parker and Jefferson who would bolt on the Nuggets the same time that Melo would have.

Jlowd21
06-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Melo is a superstar. Of course getting him would be a coup. He is better than any player on the spurs currently (with duncan having aged).

Because of that, Denver will pay him, and he will stay.

If he were to be traded, it would be for another franchise player, or several young, good players plus picks.

i'd do that trade in a heartbeat if we could sign melo to an extension. No one knows if splitter is going to be a good player in the nba. Im hoping that he is. he could be the next pau gasol, or he could be the next darko

spursfan1000
06-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Parker and RJ would most likely leave Nuggets also...

spursfaninla
06-30-2010, 02:51 PM
i'd do that trade in a heartbeat if we could sign melo to an extension. No one knows if splitter is going to be a good player in the nba. Im hoping that he is. he could be the next pau gasol, or he could be the next darko

Without splitter, our front court is small and old. We would get killed by the big, young front courts.

Without parker and splitter, Melo does not make up for the missing offense that those two would generate.

Melo is better than those two, and denver would get better offers anyway then that.

johnnySpurs
06-30-2010, 02:52 PM

Ya

lotr1trekkie
06-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Steve Cuban for Mike Taylor. He becomes a minority owner with deep pockets.

dbestpro
06-30-2010, 02:56 PM
You can see how some people come up with these trade ideas. They just pick their nose, flick it against the wall and say that's the trade I'm gonna post today.

Jlowd21
06-30-2010, 03:10 PM
You can see how some people come up with these trade ideas. They just pick their nose, flick it against the wall and say that's the trade I'm gonna post today.
ive never even posted a trade scenario on this site before. i was watching sportscenter and they talked about the nuggets shopping carmelo. i thought he'd be an amazing player to add to this team and would possibly put us over the top. why wouldn't we want to do that deal? parker has already stated he wants to test the market next year and rj was a failure of a signing. If the trade did go down it would give the nuggets a franchise pg (assuming they could extend tp's contract), and a serviceable replacement at sf. I would expect it would take an additional pick or two to make the deal happen but why not? if the lakers can get pau gasol for nothing, i dont see why we couldnt get melo for 2 allstars ( well 1 allstar and a good but fading player )

BoricuaCJA
06-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Ive never even posted a trade scenario on this site before. i was watching sportscenter and they talked about the nuggets shopping Carmelo. i thought he'd be an amazing player to add to this team and would possibly put us over the top. why wouldn't we want to do that deal? parker has already stated he wants to test the market next year and rj was a failure of a signing. If the trade did go down it would give the nuggets a franchise pg (assuming they could extend tp's contract), and a serviceable replacement at sf. I would expect it would take an additional pick or two to make the deal happen but why not? if the Lakers can get Pau Gasol for nothing, i don't see why we couldn't get melo for 2 all stars ( well 1 all star and a good but fading player )
Do you IDIOTS just think of a trade idea and go, "man this is a good idea and I should post this on Spurstalk!"
Both are expiring contracts, why would the nuggets trade their franchise player for that? They still have Billups at PG you fucking dumb ass. Yes he's old but they also don't have a guarantee that parker will sign an extension with the Nuggets. Lakers pretty much had an inside man who gave them that trade but we don't have one in Denver. They get nothing from this trade and our picks will suck b/c we would go far in the playoffs meaning our picks will be high. They ain't us who get good value for our picks.

Please don't make a thread again. It's clear you don't know how to make a good one.

Bender
06-30-2010, 03:46 PM
when will it end?

jimo2305
06-30-2010, 03:48 PM
me and OP need to share that bong

Agloco
06-30-2010, 03:53 PM

Understatement of the year.

ive never even posted a trade scenario on this site before. why wouldn't we want to do that deal? parker has already stated he wants to test the market next year and rj was a failure of a signing. If the trade did go down it would give the nuggets a franchise pg (assuming they could extend tp's contract), and a serviceable replacement at sf. I would expect it would take an additional pick or two to make the deal happen but why not? if the lakers can get pau gasol for nothing, i dont see why we couldnt get melo for 2 allstars ( well 1 allstar and a good but fading player )

Red - And I'm sure that after this experience you won't feel like doing so again for quite a long time.

Blue - Great for Denver, now they have two good PG. And our PG would be......... (hint: Manu and Hill are not the correct answers).

BoricuaCJA
06-30-2010, 03:53 PM
me and OP need to share that bong
It must be some really really good shit. :hat:drunk