PDA

View Full Version : Roger Mason Jr on twitter..

Sisk
06-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Have yall seen this guy on twitter? Dude is going crazy today.. he even said "real talk" in one of his tweets.

Just one of his tweets..
"How quickly people forget that I was considered the steal of free agency last year. A talented team, and injuries, got in the way this year."

http://twitter.com/MoneyMase

He's responding to a ton of fans comments - could probably get him to respond if you wanted to.

Not that anyone really cares about him anymore but it is pretty comical

Mel_13
06-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Have yall seen this guy on twitter? Dude is going crazy today.. he even said "real talk" in one of his tweets.

Just one of his tweets..
"How quickly people forget that I was considered the steal of free agency last year. A talented team, and injuries, got in the way this year."

He's responding to a ton of fans comments - could probably get him to respond if you wanted to.

We've also forgotten what it was like to see RMJ make shots.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 03:53 PM
http://twitter.com/MoneyMase/status/17439773635
nigga been reading spurstalk...

Samr
06-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Marbury likes his style

Buddy Holly
06-30-2010, 03:57 PM
http://www.rarst.net/images/Areyoupreparedforcomputermeltdown_10B23/meltdown.jpg

DesignatedT
06-30-2010, 03:59 PM
roger mason = tothrowed/spurstilltheend???

DesignatedT
06-30-2010, 04:00 PM
someone should tell him he should retire.

SenorSpur
06-30-2010, 04:02 PM
The Wizards are gutting their roster anyway. Once they ship out Agent Zero, perhaps Mason will find his way back home.

Good luck Rog. We hardly knew ye and ye hardly made any shots last year!

greyforest
06-30-2010, 04:05 PM
ego problems

4>0rings
06-30-2010, 04:09 PM
All RMJ cares about is clothes and styling in his Bently around town. Ship that bum out.

G-Nob
06-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Dear Roger,
Don't go on twitter and complain about how low your mins were last year. You just punched your ticket to the big apple.

Love,
Pop

Blackjack
06-30-2010, 04:12 PM
I got love for you RMJ. Don't let allow me to lose it by ever donning a Spurs jersey again. ;)

Cane
06-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Where's FakeCoachPop's twitter account when you need it? :downspin:

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 04:22 PM
twitter is crazy, so do yall tell people when yall bout to take a doo doo? lmao but anyways i aint know g temple was on twitter
http://twitter.com/GTemp2

toki9
06-30-2010, 04:45 PM

Just one of his tweets..

Public display of bitterness...doesn't really help him...

MannyIsGod
06-30-2010, 04:51 PM
That motherfucker was never the steal of free agency. He's been listening to his agent way too much.

koriwhat
06-30-2010, 04:55 PM
damn!

@MoneyMase Funny how one year you are the steal of FA and then the next year the @spurs make the BLUNDER of the decade with RJ.

he sealed his fate as an ex-spur when he turned on the fans and revoked his "contest" he had going for nyk tickets and the flight out there. that's just classless in my opinion.

MannyIsGod
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
i got love for you rmj. Don't let allow me to lose it by ever donning a spurs jersey again. ;)

how quickly people forget that i was considered the steal of free agency last year. A talented team, and injuries, got in the way this year. about 1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/moneymase/status/17439893436) via web
most of the spurs fans understand the situation i was in this year, but there are a few who have no clue... about 1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/moneymase/status/17439836692) via web
i'm sitting on a plane, reading where you guys think i should go.it's interesting..especially the perspective of spurs fans... about 1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/moneymase/status/17439773635) via web

r o f l

Juanobili
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
damn!

@MoneyMase Funny how one year you are the steal of FA and then the next year the @spurs make the BLUNDER of the decade with RJ.

Someone said that, not him lol

koriwhat
06-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Someone said that, not him lol

oh... yeah i was like, "DAMMMMMNNNN, rmjr all ballsy and shit."

cd98
06-30-2010, 05:08 PM
RJM plays professional basketball. He got paid lots of money to do it. If he doesn't peform to expectations, he should have thicker skin and accept the criticism.

No one here wishes him out of the league. But he hasn't done anything in two playoff runs to endear himself to the fans.

mingus
06-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Roger Mason Jr. sucked. he's a nice guy, but he sucked. and another thing: he was the steal for the first half of last year. after that, he sucked almost as much ass as he did this year. speaking of which, how soon HE FORGETS that this year he sucked major ass (no less than after he got injured) before he got injured, so throw the injury excuse out tha fuckin' window. and a talented team prevented him from playing up to his potential, too? before and even after his injury he was given plenty of opportunities to establish himself as a reliable, rotational player, and he blew them. there's simply no excuse for him. he sucked ass.

Muser
06-30-2010, 05:16 PM
James Anderson says thanks for keeping his seat warm, not GTFO.

mingus
06-30-2010, 05:17 PM
if Roger Mason is good enough, he'll find a contract elsewhere. if he can grow thicker skin and not lose confidence after missed shot, he'll find a contract.

he's right there with RJ as biggest disspointment of last year. in fact, he's lucky as hell he has RJ as a distraction to lift some of the blame from him. otherwise, there'd be exponentially more critical threads of him.

spursfan1000
06-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Atleast we all know he wont be back next season and we are glad of that!

But good luck to mason on his future, he was good his first season.

cd98
06-30-2010, 05:33 PM
if Roger Mason is good enough, he'll find a contract elsewhere. if he can grow thicker skin and not lose confidence after missed shot, he'll find a contract.

he's right there with RJ as biggest disspointment of last year. in fact, he's lucky as hell he has RJ as a distraction to lift some of the blame from him. otherwise, there'd be exponentially more critical threads of him.

He's actually lucky that RJ makes so much money. If RJ was here for the midlevel, people would have been satisfied with his overall production. It's only because of his hefty contract that he is heavily criticized.

Thompson
06-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Good luck Roger. Thanks for Christmas 2008 and all the other game winners. Hope your shot comes back to you after the surgery, I'm sure you'll find a good home somewhere.

spursfan1000
06-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Good luck Roger. Thanks for Christmas 2008 and all the other game winners. Hope your shot comes back to you after the surgery, I'm sure you'll find a good home somewhere.

hell yea, that was one great christmas gift :lol

Spurs Brazil
06-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Fuck you Mason, GTFO

Mel_13
06-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Fuck you Mason, GTFO

:lol

Tell us how you really feel.

angelbelow
06-30-2010, 05:56 PM
yikes lol

spursncowboys
06-30-2010, 06:00 PM
He was a good talent for the price. It's a shame that our coach cannot get over himself. But four championships lets him get away with it. RMJ could have been a great addition and kept Jefferson's overpriced ass away from us if he wasn't expected to be learning to be point one year and then the next year expected to be a 3-4 spot.

MannyIsGod
06-30-2010, 06:12 PM
He was a good talent for the price. It's a shame that our coach cannot get over himself. But four championships lets him get away with it. RMJ could have been a great addition and kept Jefferson's overpriced ass away from us if he wasn't expected to be learning to be point one year and then the next year expected to be a 3-4 spot.

Yeah, Pop made him miss wide open 3s. Fucking Pop.

50 cent
06-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I really like RMJ but I can't honestly remember the last time I have seen him make a shot.

Das Texan
06-30-2010, 06:58 PM
I guess the RMJ disappearing act in the 2009 playoffs was also thanks to his injury right?

Thompson
06-30-2010, 08:17 PM
I guess the RMJ disappearing act in the 2009 playoffs was also thanks to his injury right?

Honestly? No, of course not. Maybe he just had a bad series. I just don't see the point in kicking a man when he's down. It serves no purpose. Let him be, move on.

Stringer_Bell
06-30-2010, 08:35 PM
damn!

he sealed his fate as an ex-spur when he turned on the fans and revoked his "contest" he had going for nyk tickets and the flight out there. that's just classless in my opinion.

Did he really not follow through with that? That's some bullshit. All this time I kept it in the back of my mind when talking shit, thinking at least he's got the fans in mind...nah, fuck that you can't be serious. :wow

timvp
06-30-2010, 08:43 PM
That's a pretty solid meltdown.

RMJ was given chance after chance last year even though he was a one-dimensional shooter who couldn't hit the broadside of the AT&T Center. Not a very good combination.

He started whining about playing time early on last season. Then halfway demanded a trade. Then sucked in the playoffs once again.

I don't want him back even for the minimum.

timtonymanu
06-30-2010, 09:33 PM
steal of the 08 free agency? he hit 4 gamewinners and proclaims himself the steal of that season. the spur that was a steal in the 08-09 season was George Hill, not Roger Mason Jr.

Mason has been and always will be a one dimensional player.

ElNono
06-30-2010, 10:53 PM
The only thing Mase was stealing last season was his paycheck...

SenorSpur
06-30-2010, 10:54 PM

:lmao

Mel_13
06-30-2010, 10:54 PM
I don't want him back even for the minimum.

:tu

ezau
07-01-2010, 01:01 AM

Shit, that's cold yet funny:lmao:lmao

mattyc
07-01-2010, 01:12 AM
RMJ = loose rig.

carina_gino20
07-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Mason has fans?

LongtimeSpursFan
07-01-2010, 01:24 AM

You mean the whole five playoff games that we played that year. Name another Spurs player other than Duncan, Parker and Hill against Dallas.

DesignatedT
07-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Mason has fans?

:lol

newacc
07-01-2010, 01:54 AM
The shooter who couldn't shoot.

Dave McNulla
07-01-2010, 01:56 AM
you guys are cold blooded. i don't hate on him, i just hope he finds something somewhere that fits him better.

koriwhat
07-01-2010, 02:07 AM
Did he really not follow through with that? That's some bullshit. All this time I kept it in the back of my mind when talking shit, thinking at least he's got the fans in mind...nah, fuck that you can't be serious. :wow

yep he sure did. i think he ended up giving 2 tickets away to a home game a couple months later. that was all... it was classless and no less it was a contest where you'd go with a friend to NY to see the spurs vs knicks at MSG all paid for and on CHRISTMAS! wtf!???? ha

Obstructed_View
07-01-2010, 07:06 AM
How quickly we forget? I for one can barely remember the last time he contributed in a meaningful game.

Leetonidas
07-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah, Pop made him miss wide open 3s. Fucking Pop.

Seriously. This mother fucker got so many chances last season. It was literally to the point that every time he shot it, you just lowered your head and hoped everyone was getting back on defense. Fuck Mason, I used to be a fan of his but he showed just how bitch-made he is this year.

rayray2k8
07-01-2010, 11:50 AM
ss42004

@MoneyMase Clippers call u yet? I'm sure all that whining will get you something. Just look for a nonplayoff team since u suck after april.
ss42004

@MoneyMase Knicks might be another team since they only care about offense and not defense. Just let them know that ur 'injury' limited you.

MoneyMase @ss42004 yes sir

:lmao He just basically ignored anything I told him after that.

koriwhat
07-01-2010, 11:59 AM
i still wouldn't be a dick to mase even after the whining... shit happens. like people said before, "he didn't make pop put him in the game", and why wasn't he traded at the deadline anyhow? the only thing he's done wrong so far is bitch & moan but he ain't coming back to sa so why even care?

MannyIsGod
07-01-2010, 03:37 PM
LOL he responded to me too. I had never used twitter before and I just randomly tweeted at him yesterday and he responded with calling me an idiot.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

@MoneyMase You were never the steal of free agency

MoneyMase

@msalgado check my stats from 09' season... An idiot can see that I exceeded expetations...Keep the hate out your blood. lol

I hope dude catches on somewhere but god damn I'm sorry but I never want to see him in a Spurs uni again.

mingus
07-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Mason is trash. "check my stats." lmao. check your stats for the second half of the 08-09 season and all of the 09-10 season, bro. ur a flash in the pan.

dude plays well for a quarter of a two seasons and he wants praise? GTFO. this is the SA Spurs you're talking about. no one's going to praise you for that. want praise? go to China and be a star.

DPG21920
07-01-2010, 03:43 PM
He was considered the steal of fa.

mingus
07-01-2010, 03:46 PM
He was considered the steal of fa.

he was the steal for the first half of the 08-09 season. 2nd half people kept rehashing it, but anyone who had any clue knew otherwise.

timvp
07-01-2010, 03:49 PM
RMJ is a reminder why grizzled vets who are starving for a championship ring are a better fit on the Spurs than a younger player looking to cash in. In other words, give me a Jerome Kersey or Kevin Willis before giving me another RMJ.

EricB
07-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't understand the point of being a dick to the guy...

koriwhat
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM

i don't agree with you often tpark/ericb/whatever... but i do agree with you on this one.

Borosai
07-01-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't hate the guy, but after asking to be traded -- and then sucking granny ass -- he just needs to get lost quickly.

senorglory
07-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Doesn't Mason know that a part of sports-fandom is bagging on the players? He shouldn't take any of it personal.

It's not a battle he can win anyway, nothing to be gained from responding to fan tweet of "u suk" or "GTFO." Just gotta accept that players gonna play, and internet gonna hate.

MavDynasty
07-02-2010, 02:16 AM
I remember seeing him shooting 3's at the top of the arc off the pick and nailing them. What happened to him?

Andy25
07-02-2010, 02:18 AM
I like Roger he signed my hat! And I still remember the and 1 he got against Fisher that won the game for us against the Lakers.

baseline bum
07-02-2010, 02:55 AM
RMJ is a reminder why grizzled vets who are starving for a championship ring are a better fit on the Spurs than a younger player looking to cash in. In other words, give me a Jerome Kersey or Kevin Willis before giving me another RMJ.

I don't know... I'd rather have another Stephen Jackson.

baseline bum
07-02-2010, 02:56 AM

I don't get it either. Then again, I did troll DA pretty hard on his website when he left in 01, so I should prob STFU. :lol

baseline bum
07-02-2010, 03:04 AM
I kind of view Mason the way I do Finley. A guy who came here, played well, and was a lot of fun to cheer for but who lost his game and thus didn't justify the roster spot he had anymore. Even though I didn't like the trade request from Mason nor the buyout request from Finley, I still wish these guys success (unless they go to a team I hate like Fin did!)

objective
07-02-2010, 03:08 AM

One of the few times I've ever been on the same page with Tpark.

admiralsnackbar
07-02-2010, 03:52 AM
I don't get it either. Then again, I did troll DA pretty hard on his website when he left in 01, so I should prob STFU. :lol

Difference is, DA actually played us a bit raw. Mase just had a bad season, asked for more PT or a trade despite his sucking so he could try and shoot his way out of the a slump in a contract year. Sucks to be him now.

That said, it's fucking comical how some of these clowns in here feel so proud of themselves for talking shit to him. Anonymously. On the internet. As if he were the reason the Suns swept us.

wut
07-02-2010, 07:38 AM
That motherfucker was never the steal of free agency. He's been listening to his agent way too much.
exactly.

But seriously....we've seen these types here before. Stephen Jackson, Jaren Jackson, they have 1 good season then disappear and act like we owe them.

Teams reward consistency; then again to be fair, guys like Horry and Fisher lived careers off making 3 or 4 big shots.

MannyIsGod
07-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Dude should never have asked for a trade. Brent Barry put up with so much more shit than RMJ and never asked for a trade (quite the opposite actually). Actually, nearly every shooter the Spurs have had outside of Finley usually gets shit from Pop but at least they actually hit some shots.

Two of the most disappointing things for me this season were RMJ asking for a trade (I lost all respect for him at that point - it was clear he was in it for himself.) and Finley asking to be waived (for the same reason). They were the rats that go scurrying when a ship is going down. To make it worse RMJ couldn't even hit a wide open 3 from that point on. If you're going to do something as arrogant as demand a fucking trade then at least hit a god damn shot.

superbigtime
07-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Roger Mason fucking sucks. Get the fuck out of town douchebag.

Cane
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM

You do realize this is Spurstalk.com right? People troll eachother, players, etc. all the time and there's rampant racism and shitty behavior. Part of the charm :downspin:

Although I do agree. Its one thing to bitch about a player on a thread but trying to shit over him on twitter seems pretty low.

callo1
07-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Lets be honest here, Mason was hurt last year, and the prior year he hit some damn big shots for the Spurs.

I'll never understand those fickle fans that have to harbor so much hate just because a guy is moving on.

Mason wasn't a defensive player (we knew that before he was signed), but when healthy he would spread the floor like he was supposed to.

Mason handled himself with class before he was a Spur, while he was a Spur, and I have no doubts will continue to do so in the future.

Some of you need to check yourselves. Last summer when Rasheed was available, you fell in love with him and sang his praises, but then he signed with another team and the very same people start posting that they were glad because he "sucked" anyway...seriously, some of you make Spurstalk look childish. The same thing happened with Fin.

Hell, I remember when Malone almost came here and even Malone had some Spurstalk people kissing his posterior until he chose the Lakers.

Give it a rest already.

Good luck Roger, wherever life takes you.

Peace out.

Dro210
07-02-2010, 04:19 PM
MoneyMase

@msalgado check my stats from 09' season... An idiot can see that I exceeded expetations...Keep the hate out your blood. lol

This is exactly his problem. He came in with basically no pressure or expectations, and he performed well. Then all of a sudden he had expectations, and he couldn't handle it. He's too mentally weak to play big for a winner, especially the Spurs. It's the same kind of weak mentality that has him getting mad and responding to fans on twitter everyday.

There's no way I want to see a guy like that back, and I was a huge Mason fan when he first got here too.... I do hope he goes somewhere else and finds his game tho. I think the injury did slow him down a lot at times last year, cause he's not THAT bad... but even when healthy, he doesn't have what it takes to play here.

Obstructed_View
07-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Lets be honest here, Mason was hurt last year, and the prior year he hit some damn big shots for the Spurs.

He wasn't hurt in the playoffs the previous season when his balls completely retracted and he failed to show up. I've got no problem not bagging on the guy, but the day he goes public with what a fucking free agent steal he was, it's game fucking on. If he wanted to go to a team where the fanbase will suck his dick for regular season performances, then he should have signed with the goddamn Bucks. This is the Spurs, and you fail to hit wide open jumpers two years in a row in the playoffs and then cry about it, then expect to be ridiculed for both.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2010, 06:07 PM

Probably the same reason you're a dick to everybody here.

Brazil
07-02-2010, 06:19 PM

+100000

it's quite stupid to do so. give the guy a rest, he didn't rape a white girl.

why being an ass with him ? I'm sure he is cool dude,a lovely father etc etc... no need to shoot the ambulance

cd98
07-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I agree that Mason has sucked in SA overall. But unlike Jaren Jackson, who had some brief success followed by a contract that allowed him to over eat and get fat and out of shape, I do believe Mason did work hard to succeed. I did see that he worked on his game during last summer and tried to improve his ball handle and penetration game. Sure it didn't work out, but he worked hard, which entitles him to more respect than he is getting.

BackHome
07-02-2010, 07:25 PM
I have to agree with you the year before he couldn't even make a layup and when going to the whole he would always get his shit rejected. But this past year he did a much better job at finsihing and with his ball handling which showed that he worked on his game.

He is a nice guy and i wish him the best on what ever team he lands on.

carina_gino20
07-02-2010, 08:09 PM
I'll never understand those fickle fans that have to harbor so much hate just because a guy is moving on.

On the contrary, people are breathing a sigh of relief now that he's gone. I guess it's just hard to forget how much he flat out sucked this season. :lol

JustinJDW
07-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I tweeted him thank you for his years in San Antonio. :toast

EricB
07-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I tweeted him thank you for his years in San Antonio. :toast

As did I.

I never for once believed he dogged it. He lost his shot and having a torn ligament in your shooting hand hurts.

Never had nothing against the guy, he was active in the community and a good guy.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 11:40 PM
i blame the wankers on this board for givin him the nick money mase in his first season when he was hittin his shots, now it looks like he really is money

Ice009
07-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Someone needs to tell Roger Mason Jr. that it is all about the playoffs for the Spurs.

I don't care if he has a shitty regular reason if he busts his ass and shows up in the playoffs then I will respect him.

He was putrid twice for us in the playoffs and that is not good enough for the Spurs. Even if he doesn't play great, but busts his ass and gives it his all then I can respect anyone that does that. I don't think he did that at all in the playoffs in either of his two seasons.

It's that simple. It's all about the playoffs for the Spurs. If someone can send him a message please do. I have no idea how twitter works and not really interested in it.

Spurs Brazil
07-03-2010, 07:43 AM
The Blazers, Knicks, Bulls and Clippers have expressed interest in Spurs free-agent guard Roger Mason, while the Jazz, Nuggets, Bobcats, Knicks and Heat are pursuing Suns free-agent forward Louis Amundson, sources say. CBSSports.com

ploto
07-03-2010, 08:14 AM
I choose to remember the RMJ before Pop made him play PG.

dbestpro
07-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I choose to remember the RMJ before Pop made him play PG.

.:toast

SenorSpur
07-03-2010, 09:11 AM
While he was definitely NOT the "steal of free agency", he had his moments. The coaches should've never put him in a position to be anything more than what he was - a one-dimensional, spot-up shooter, who was a terrible defender. Once the league caught on to him and started forcing him away from that strength, it was over and his days were numbered.

Even with his flaws, as a player, the cat was a good guy. Very respectul, very intelligent, and certainly not a knucklehead. I lost some respect for the guy after his ill-timed, trade demands, but he doesn't deserve to be insulted. Still, I wont miss the guy at all.

I only wish Bonner was following him out the door.

Avitus1
07-03-2010, 11:44 AM
What the fuck did he steal from the free agency?

HankChinaski
07-03-2010, 03:04 PM
spurs money

BlairForceDejuan
07-03-2010, 03:11 PM
We'll always remember the hip slap. :toast

Juanobili
07-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Pop broke this guy :( lol

HankChinaski
07-03-2010, 03:22 PM
That is what Pop does.

He's like Ivan Drago.

ManuTP9
07-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Gotta love Money Mase, I can never forget when he hit that clutch 3 against the suns on Christmas day to win the game!

Obstructed_View
07-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Gotta love Money Mase, I can never forget when he hit that clutch 3 against the suns on Christmas day to win the game!

Although it's hard to remember much that he did after that.

Spurs Brazil
07-03-2010, 08:55 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN

Talked to Roger Mason today. Says he's heard from several teams, but #spurs aren't one of them. Chi, NY,Miami, and both LAs on list.

Two summers ago, Mason's choice came down to #spurs and Heat. Wouldn't be surprised if he lands in Miami this time. Just a hunch.

Mason has no plans to sell house in SA, and might end up coming back to live when he retires. Says "I fell in love w/ the city."

spursncowboys
07-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Why would a terrorist-thief be a Jazz fan?

Juanobili
07-03-2010, 09:55 PM

hilight of that xmas for me

oh well... we must move on :flag: