PDA

View Full Version : malik hariston time

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 07:01 PM
and stop saying malik can't play sf, malik is better than rj. thank you rj you just opened it up for malik now he will finally get his chance to shine.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Good God, no. Hairston was even worse offense.

dbestpro
06-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Your absolutely right. It's Hairston's turn............ to get cut or traded in a package for someone who can play small forward.

djohn14
06-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Your absolutely right. It's Hairston's turn............ to get cut or traded in a package for someone who can play small forward.

haha......I kinda like Hairston....but thats some good shit right there

Hooks
06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Good God, no. Hairston was even worse offense.

The Spurs don't really need his offense, a healthy Parker provides a massive boost in our offense, an improved Hill, Manu, Blair improving, Splitter possibly coming over, a pure scorer in Anderson should all be enough for our offense. We needed defense at the SF position, Hairston looked pretty good on defense last year plus he has all summer long to work on his shooting.

slick'81
06-30-2010, 07:35 PM
oh dear god

ohmwrecker
06-30-2010, 07:38 PM
So, we are rebuilding now?

The Truth #6
06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
We were rebuilding either way in my opinion. I have doubts about Malik but we have to give him a chance and see how he does this Summer. Either he fixes his weaknesses and breaks through...or we need to find someone else.

Oh God...I hope this doesn't motivate Pop to hold on to the corpse of Keith Bogans. My instincts tell me he will.

Borosai
06-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Hairston can defend the SF position. With a 3-point shot, he would be a good option.

Ocotillo
06-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Is everyone forgetting about Gee?

ohmwrecker
06-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Is everyone forgetting about Gee?

I wish I could.

Mugen
06-30-2010, 09:15 PM
give hairston the same mins RJ had and he probably gives you comparable stats with better D.

that said, we still need a shooter at the 3 spot so malik sure as hell isnt the answer.

Gino2882
06-30-2010, 09:16 PM
give hairston the same mins RJ had and he probably gives you comparable stats with better D.

that said, we still need a shooter at the 3 spot so malik sure as hell isnt the answer.

Don't think Hairston is ready for major minutes. If anything I see James Anderson logging large minutes at SF.

spurtech09
06-30-2010, 09:22 PM
mmmm I don't think so.....

spectator
06-30-2010, 09:22 PM
if hairston plays 30 min per game, he gives us over 10 pts + good defense; i would say that is better than rj (12 pts + mediocre defense)

Mugen
06-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Don't think Hairston is ready for major minutes. If anything I see James Anderson logging large minutes at SF.

Maybe, i'm not trying to say malik is ready to be a legit starter for us, just that RJ's contributions aren't really that hard to replace.

ulosturedge
06-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Anderson, Gee, and Hairston in full affect. Somebodies gonna step up. I would think by now Pop has figured out that trying to bring back the corpse of old vets does nothing, but make our team worse. There is no fucking way that Pop thinks bringing back Finley would be a better option lol.

spectator
06-30-2010, 09:34 PM
one other thing - malik played really well when given 25+ mins per game consistently - aka d-league, summer league and pre-season; he shot the ball well, making more than 40% from 3. i do hope that he can do that in real nba games, b/c the 3-pts shot is available when playing with tim-tony-manu-hill-(hopefully splitter)

however, i think rj will stay b/c of this: http://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN
no one will give him more money - and the spurs are prob. scared s**tless that they have no veteran playing the 3.

spectator
06-30-2010, 09:37 PM
the important part of the tweet is this one:

Hearing #spurs (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23spurs) would be open to giving RJ a longer term deal at a per-year figure that's easier on their cap figure.

Das Texan
06-30-2010, 09:42 PM
If Malik could by some miracle learn to shoot consistently from the outside I'm all for this.

Maybe Chip can work a miracle this summer

Agloco
06-30-2010, 09:42 PM
and stop saying malik can't play sf, malik is better than rj. thank you rj you just opened it up for malik now he will finally get his chance to shine.

:rolleyes

Agloco
06-30-2010, 09:44 PM

:lol

benefactor
06-30-2010, 09:45 PM
tee ach cee

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2010, 09:47 PM
If Hairston and/or Gee can shoot at a decent level from the NBA 3, they are better options for this team than RJ..let's hope they do..

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 09:47 PM
wow if yall are really spurs fans yall would know hariston is a good replacement. smh @ so called spurs fans doubting hariston. bandwagon ass fags

spectator
06-30-2010, 10:09 PM
from last year: http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2009/07/video_malik_hairston_sparks_th.html

guy is definitely more eloquent than anderson.

TwelveGs210
06-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Shit, give him a legit chance to earn the spot..everyone seems to have a pretty solid opinion on him, I'd rather not choose, just rather have him get a shot at least.

spectator
06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
he had a decent shot last year - but after owning boggans in the pre-season, he still got killed and sent to the bench. CIA pop baby!!!

ceperez
06-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Folks.... you guys have to realize that Hairston is too small for the kind of game he plays (i.e. SF). Furthermore, he just isn't a natural shooter, so he's not going to be able to develop the reliable shot the Spurs need for that position.

Alonzo Gee has more upside (i.e. being at least an inch taller).

Both however, aren't really shooters and both can't handle the ball well enough to create off the dribble.

spectator
06-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Folks.... you guys have to realize that Hairston is too small for the kind of game he plays (i.e. SF). Furthermore, he just isn't a natural shooter, so he's not going to be able to develop the reliable shot the Spurs need for that position.

Alonzo Gee has more upside (i.e. being at least an inch taller).

Both however, aren't really shooters and both can't handle the ball well enough to create off the dribble.

IIRC, malik played the 4 spot in college, so he will take a long time to develop great nba ball handling skills.

as far as height and guarding ability, i think that he can use his strong body to prevent post-ups and his lateral movement is good enough to keep up with most SGs, not to mention SFs. heck, at one point in the PO, pop asked malik to guard nash. granted that was not the best of decisions, but that should give you some assurance.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-30-2010, 10:55 PM
so im guessing the people who say malik cant guard @ sf has never seen him play as a spur am i right? when malik did guard a sf he got alot of blocks this man has some great d.

oh yea did i mention he can do this
imZ0TjHqOlc