PDA

View Full Version : Nets owner wants to make Lebron a billionaire

ajh18
06-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Didn't see this posted. Lebron DID say he wanted to be a billionaire...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebronnets063010

Mogul making: Prokhorov sells LeBron

By Adrian Wojnarowski

The presentation of New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov has been designed to reach LeBron James(notes) on his deepest and most superficial of levels. The self-made mogul has carefully crafted a detailed and daring plan to make James a billionaire. The Nets will show him the map of the world, where the mogul has gone in China and India and Russia to make his billions and convince James that there’s a blueprint here for him too.

LeBron James wants the world, and the 6-foot-9 owner capable of staring him in the eye will walk into his first free-agent meeting on Thursday and offer it. The Nets will offer him the borough of Brooklyn and pledge to overtake the New York Knicks and Madison Square Garden. They’ll promise him a vision of turning the franchise into a global basketball destination. Two self-made global moguls, Prokhorov and minority owner Jay-Z, will come calling to convince James to join up and make it a threesome.

The top contenders for James are jockeying, and those on the inside issued a warning on the eve of the summer free agency: The Nets are serious contenders for James – far outdistancing the neighboring New York Knicks who awoke to a 225-by-95-foot mural of Prokhorov and Jay-Z outside Jim Dolan’s office window at Madison Square Garden. The Knicks have already called the league office, grumbling about its arrival.

The Chicago Bulls are still the team to beat, with Cleveland a close second and New Jersey the looming wild card. Several people in the process remain dubious about the idea of the Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Bosh(notes) and James scenario with the Miami Heat. No one believes it fits James’ DNA, nor his agenda.

“LeBron is an independent contractor,” an executive in the chase said.

No one should minimize how difficult it is going to be to extract James out of Cleveland, no matter how shaky these past two months have been for the franchise. The Cavs are completely against a sign-and-trade and will dare James to walk away and leave $30 million on the table. This is why the Nets are so intriguing, because the ability of New Jersey to sell James rests largely on the believability of the plan hatched with Prokhorov and his people.

So much of the talk about how James can make up the difference in money through marketing endorsements elsewhere is a fairly flawed argument. Those are differences of millions, at best, and ultimately the chance James has to become the kind of mogul – and maybe even champion – that he wants comes with the ability of a Russian billionaire to sell what’s always been James’ wildest fantasy: a true international tycoon.

For that, James still needs to win championships and there’s no escaping that truth. The Nets cleared $3 million more in salary cap space on Tuesday with the unloading of Yi Jianlian(notes) to move $30 million under the salary cap. New Jersey is pursuing Chris Bosh, too, but multiple league sources insist James isn’t wedded to Bosh as his power forward partner as some have been made to believe. They insist he’s fine with Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) and Carlos Boozer(notes), too.

Who truly has James’ ear is a mystery unfolding by the day, and his business manager Maverick Carter made a clumsy stab on Tuesday to insist that it’s still him. Carter has become so flustered with the public perception – and perhaps the reality – that power broker William Wesley is driving this process that Carter called the New York Times and declared that Wesley won’t be in the room for the team presentations and will have nothing to do with selecting James’ new team. That’s pure folly. Regardless of whether Wesley is present, Leon Rose, James’ agent, will be in those meetings, and he’s merely an extension of Wes, who delivers him clients.

Wes doesn’t do formal presentations. He works the back rooms and back channels.

“Maverick is swimming in the deep water now,” one source in the process said.

The irony is thick, too. After all, Carter had been the driving force to push former agent Aaron Goodwin out of James’ life five years ago and give Wes a greater role in James’ inner circle. The best way for Carter and the rest of James’ buddies to keep their power base is for James to stay with the Cavaliers. World Wide Wes can’t get the credit, nor the cache, for a deal that has LeBron re-signing with Cleveland.

Wesley used to run in Chicago with Michael Jordan in the Bulls heydays, a 45-minute flight from his suburban Detroit home. That’s a good play for him. One Chicago source even remembers how close he was with the Miami Hurricanes football program in its run of championships and how he would end up with national championship rings. And never mind how intriguing the possibility of conquering the world with Prokhorov and his arsenal of private jets and exotic vacation locales.

Everyone has an agenda here, and yet ultimately LeBron James has to reach that moment of truth about leaving Cleveland, leaving his home and accepting what will always come with the decision: sheer derision and disdain in his backyard. He’s never leaving Akron as his home, never moving out and you wonder if James has the stomach to live out his days as a pariah there.

For all the sexy selling jobs of the Russian billionaire and South Beach and Michael Jordan’s backyard, the pull of home remains the toughest competitor in the battle for LeBron James’ heart and mind. Free agency starts at midnight ET, and the first order of business will be a billionaire’s presentation promising LeBron James nothing short of what he’s always wanted: the world.

ajh18
06-30-2010, 11:43 PM
The Nets are serious contenders for James – far outdistancing the neighboring New York Knicks who awoke to a 225-by-95-foot mural of Prokhorov and Jay-Z outside Jim Dolan’s office window at Madison Square Garden. The Knicks have already called the league office, grumbling about its arrival.

If this is true, it's hilarious.

BRHornet45
06-30-2010, 11:44 PM
sons its says a lot about our country that someone like Lebron who probably can't even read has the opportunity to become a billionaire.

Trainwreck2100
06-30-2010, 11:45 PM
If this is true, it's hilarious.

there's a thread on it with a pic

anyway is procorov gonna let bronny in on his white slave operation, that's a quick way to get bills

4>0rings
06-30-2010, 11:49 PM
sons its says a lot about our country that someone like Lebron who probably can't even read has the opportunity to become a billionaire.This nigga would be popping locks with a screwdriver and cutting stereos out of cars if we didn't have sports here.

Trainwreck2100
06-30-2010, 11:49 PM
sons its says a lot about our country that someone like Lebron who probably can't even read has the opportunity to become a billionaire.

son its not that good of a thing to say about our country. It shows our priorities are shit

BullsDynasty
06-30-2010, 11:52 PM
there's a thread on it with a pic

anyway is procorov gonna let bronny in on his white slave operation, that's a quick way to get bills

http://mt.nesn.com/.a/6a0115709f071f970b0133f1f81ec7970b-400wi

Kevin Durant 35
06-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Prokhorov and minority owner Jay-Z, will come calling to convince James to join up and make it a threesome

:lol

BRHornet45
06-30-2010, 11:54 PM
lol black people ... can I say something to you my friends? .... it is discouraging to God, it is discouraging to God that black MEN are as ignorant as BREATH! as without honor, as without integrity as they are. the only thing they are good at is playing basketball, shooting dope, and making babies then running off and expecting the woman to take care of them ... now they are EXCELLENT at that! God Bless

Trainwreck2100
06-30-2010, 11:57 PM
lol black people ... can I say something to you my friends? .... it is discouraging to God, it is discouraging to God that black MEN are as ignorant as BREATH! as without honor, as without integrity as they are. the only thing they are good at is playing basketball, shooting dope, and making babies then running off and expecting the woman to take care of them ... now they are EXCELLENT at that! God Bless

Well a black guy makes the boondocks and that shit is funny

ezau
07-01-2010, 12:13 AM
If you're a black guy named Lebron James.... That's not bad at all

monosylab1k
07-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Pitching LeBron on how to be a billionaire won't work tbh.

But giving him the classic Russian "strap him to a chair and threaten to gut him like a fish if he doesn't sign" move just might.

23LeBronJames23
07-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Pitching LeBron on how to be a billionaire won't work tbh.

But giving him the classic Russian "strap him to a chair and threaten to gut him like a fish if he doesn't sign" move just might.

Prokhorov will bring Russian Mafia with him and Jay will bring just a suitcase with a ton of $$$

Basketballgirl25
07-01-2010, 07:34 AM
why all this talk about Russian Mafia, you all need to get out more and grow up, but all Russians are in the mafia

Trainwreck2100
07-01-2010, 08:37 AM
why all this talk about Russian Mafia, you all need to get out more and grow up, but all Russians are in the mafia

you're right not all russians are in the mafia, but he is

Basketballgirl25
07-01-2010, 08:55 AM
you're right not all russians are in the mafia, but he is

how do you know? did he tell you? I haven't heard that. Give me a news article that says he is in the mafia. He is rich yes, but he isn't in the mafia, people who think that are just werid unless you have proof:toast

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-01-2010, 09:13 AM
The more this guy makes these huge sweeping offers of everyone's wildest dreams come true I worry less about Russian mob ties and more that he just might be Satan.

phyzik
07-01-2010, 09:23 AM
how do you know? did he tell you? I haven't heard that. Give me a news article that says he is in the mafia. He is rich yes, but he isn't in the mafia, people who think that are just werid unless you have proof:toast

1. self-made russian billionaire

2. arrested for aranging prostitutes for his guests at a party.

3. having those charges dropped all of the sudden days later and recieving an apology from french officials.

4. Having Jay-Z as a virtual lap dog to tug around and show off to friends.

almost everything about him screams Russian mafia. That being said, I wish he was my friend. :lol

Basketballgirl25
07-01-2010, 10:11 AM
1. self-made russian billionaire

2. arrested for aranging prostitutes for his guests at a party.

3. having those charges dropped all of the sudden days later and recieving an apology from french officials.

4. Having Jay-Z as a virtual lap dog to tug around and show off to friends.

almost everything about him screams Russian mafia. That being said, I wish he was my friend. :lol

ok, good points, but till someone actually finds out he is in the mafia, he isn't:toast.

And Jay-Z was with the Nets before him so I'd say Jay-Z doesn't count

Trainwreck2100
07-01-2010, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Basketballgirl25;4463512]ok, good points, but till someone actually finds out he is in the mafia, he isn't:toast.

/QUOTE]

Do you know how the mafia works? If you can prove someone is in the mafia you are either a fellow member or soon to be knocked off

Basketballgirl25
07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
[quote=Basketballgirl25;4463512]ok, good points, but till someone actually finds out he is in the mafia, he isn't:toast.

/QUOTE]

Do you know how the mafia works? If you can prove someone is in the mafia you are either a fellow member or soon to be knocked off

no because one I'm not in the mafia and two I don't know anyone in the mafia, I guess Mark Cuban is prob in the Mafia was well he is rich just like Prokhorov

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Knicks owner Jim Dolan called Jay-Z and complained massive Nets mural overlooking MSG was "intimidating his employees," Nets sources say.

Trainwreck2100
07-01-2010, 11:10 AM
[quote=Trainwreck2100;4463573]

no because one I'm not in the mafia and two I don't know anyone in the mafia, I guess Mark Cuban is prob in the Mafia was well he is rich just like Prokhorov

see how the mafia works, is that you can't prove they're in the mafia. Cause if you can prove they are in organized crime, well they go to jail. Also there's a bunch of articles saying where Cuban got his money from.

Giuseppe
07-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Nikita was right afterall:

- "We will bury you from the inside with a half-sole shoe."

- Nikita Krushev to JFK - 1960

Basketballgirl25
07-01-2010, 12:33 PM
[quote=Basketballgirl25;4463582]

see how the mafia works, is that you can't prove they're in the mafia. Cause if you can prove they are in organized crime, well they go to jail. Also there's a bunch of articles saying where Cuban got his money from.

yeah and if you watched 60 minutes, you would have learned where Mikhail Prokhorov got his money, so both are the same. Maybe Prokhorov is in the mafia maybe he isn't. He still better then all us posters on here who think he is or think he isn't so it's all good, he win either way, we both lose the end.

Kevin Durant 35
07-01-2010, 01:02 PM
In Russia if you have your own company, store, some kind of business then you have to pay Russian Mafia some percent that they ask you to pay them from the money you earn of the business and if you dont then your either getting capped or being taught a lesson so and when you do pay them then they "got your back" from other Russian Mafias.
So Im sure Prokhorov was/still is involved with some Russian Mafia because he paid him and they had his back.

Cops cant do shit about these Mafias cuz they scared of em.