PDA

View Full Version : Dan LeBatard reporting..

HarlemHeat37
07-01-2010, 12:58 AM
That a sign and trade deal with Bosh for Beasley, Chalmers and Joel Anthony will be finalized..

We'll see what comes out of this..at least Toronto would get a prospect out of it..

Amarelooms
07-01-2010, 01:01 AM
That a sign and trade deal with Bosh for Beasley, Chalmers and Joel Anthony will be finalized..

We'll see what comes out of this..at least Toronto would get a prospect out of it..

This is not good.....more cap space being opened up??? The cHeat doing it again...without the refs this time

:elephant

usdane
07-01-2010, 01:04 AM
So that would leave Wade and Bosh on that roster! They would need 11 additional players. Talk about rebuilding.

N4th4n
07-01-2010, 01:04 AM
I call bullshit on everything that is reported over the next 2 weeks until it is actually signed and finalized.

GuerillaBlack
07-01-2010, 01:16 AM
BS. This came out yesterday. Coleango has no interest in Beasley anyway. It's already been stated that he wants young players and draft picks for Bosh. Not the crap Miami is trying to give him.

Udokafan05
07-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Bosh is so overrated, and doesn't deserve near a max contract. They should go after Amare first.

DesignatedT
07-01-2010, 01:21 AM
well its good for toronto. atleast they arent getting totally screwed.

DJ Mbenga
07-01-2010, 01:25 AM
this was reported earlier, it was tweet, and then another report said colangelo doesnt like that package.

HarlemHeat37
07-01-2010, 01:26 AM
BS. This came out yesterday. Coleango has no interest in Beasley anyway. It's already been stated that he wants young players and draft picks for Bosh. Not the crap Miami is trying to give him.

I remember LeBatard(sp?) saying something like this recently, but it just got reported in the Toronto media as a legit and serious source a few hours ago, so we'll see what happens..could be nothing..

Colangelo is an idiot, and beggars can't be choosers here..he'll take whatever he can get, and Beasley is much better than getting nothing..his word obviously doesn't mean much in these types of talks...the Raptors can't significantly and realistically improve their team through free agency either way, so trades like these are their best options..

I realize Rocket fan really doesn't want it to be true though..it probably isn't, Morey met with Bosh and all, he's got it in the bag..

kamikazi_player
07-01-2010, 01:29 AM
This is one reason why I hate twitter, we don't know how accurate it is.

BullsDynasty
07-01-2010, 01:36 AM
God I hope the Heat sign Bosh and Lebron because then the east will be open to just about anyone. Celtics are gone, Lebron Bosh and Wade with 9 minimum salary contracts is destined to be doomed. Toronto, Cleveland don't have their stars any more, that leaves the East up for grabs for the Magic, Bulls, or Bucks.

GuerillaBlack
07-01-2010, 01:40 AM
I remember LeBatard(sp?) saying something like this recently, but it just got reported in the Toronto media as a legit and serious source a few hours ago, so we'll see what happens..could be nothing..

Colangelo is an idiot, and beggars can't be choosers here..he'll take whatever he can get, and Beasley is much better than getting nothing..his word obviously doesn't mean much in these types of talks...the Raptors can't significantly and realistically improve their team through free agency either way, so trades like these are their best options..

I realize Rocket fan really doesn't want it to be true though..it probably isn't, Morey met with Bosh and all, he's got it in the bag..

Well, the Toronto media is late. Also:

Early today, a Twitter post from Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said: "Just finished meeting with @chrisbosh - great player & person. He is about winning so I focused on how w/Houston he can win a championship."

The Miami Heat appeared to be in position to reach a rapid agreement to sign Bosh, the Rockets’ primary target, with a sign-and-trade deal with the Toronto Raptors. However, the 6-10 forward indicated Wednesday through third-party intermediaries he "definitely" would consider the Rockets and specifically cited an interest in playing with Yao Ming and the chance to play on "a world stage," a person with knowledge of Bosh’s planning said.

With Bosh’s input, the Raptors have worked out the framework of sign-and-trade agreements with several teams, including the Rockets, the individual said, but have not been told to complete any deal.

"I'm happy we had the chance to meet with Chris to put our best foot forward and he could learn about the Rockets," said Morey, who met with Bosh in Dallas. "It's an important time for both teams and free agents. I'm glad he has the chance to consider what we have to offer. We think with Chris, we can win a championship in Houston."

One of Morey’s arguments for the Rockets is that their deep roster will offer Bosh a better chance to win than a Miami or New York Knicks roster gutted to create the salary-cap room needed to sign free agents.http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7088998.html

Interesting. I also like how ESPN is talking about Bosh meeting with Miami and Chicago, but hasn't said anything about Bosh already meeting with Houston.