PDA

View Full Version : Morey tweets on Bosh

Kobe Molested Me
07-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Just finished meeting with @chrisbosh - great player & person. He is about winning so I focused on how w/Houston he can win a championship.

Did the Rockets really meet with Bosh first?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17346/the-rockets-pitch-to-bosh

usdane
07-01-2010, 01:06 AM
IF Big IF Yao is healthy that could be a killer lineup.
Brook, Martin, Ariza, Bosh and Yao.

Goran Dragic
07-01-2010, 01:07 AM

The lane would be more open for the other team than Paris Hilton's pussy is open for men.

Goran Dragic
07-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Wow that joke wasn't funny at all, and no Lefty didn't hack me account. I'll go kill myself.

Kobe Molested Me
07-01-2010, 01:10 AM
The lane would be more open for the other team than Paris Hilton's pussy is open for men.

:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao:lmao:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao: lmao:lol:lol:lol

not

usdane
07-01-2010, 01:11 AM

Still couldn't be more open than the Suns and they went to the conf. finals

Goran Dragic
07-01-2010, 01:11 AM

No, that would be worse than the Suns.

N4th4n
07-01-2010, 01:12 AM

That is true. Remember when you guys won?

TheMACHINE
07-01-2010, 01:15 AM
morey told bosh HOuston is a 60 win team with him and MIami with Wade/bosh/lebron and 9 min players is a 45 win team.

usdane
07-01-2010, 01:21 AM
That is true. Remember when you guys won?

True - But big props to the Suns. They played hard and with a lot of heart.

Unholy Turkey
07-01-2010, 01:43 AM
morey told bosh HOuston is a 60 win team with him and MIami with Wade/bosh/lebron and 9 min players is a 45 win team.

How do you know?

N4th4n
07-01-2010, 01:51 AM
How do you know?

He was one of the tiny 15 year old Asian girl hiding under the restaurant table blowing the boys while the meeting went going down.

Kai
07-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Rockets Meet With Chris Bosh

Houston - Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told FOX 26 Sports he met with free agent forward Chris Bosh late Wednesday night in Dallas.

"I am very excited to get a chance to show Chris what the Rockets are all about," Morey said. "We put our best foot forward.

"This is a big moment for him becoming a free agent and I was able to show him the quality team we will have if he joins us.

"I was able to show him if he joins us we are a championship contender."

Morey said his meeting with the four-time NBA All-Star lasted about 20 minutes.

"Chris is very intelligent, very thoughtful and he wants to win," Morey said. "

Morey gave Bosh, who has played his entire seven-year career with the Toronto Raptors, an IPAD that had videos from some of Houston's greatest sports stars employing him to join the Rockets.

The videos are from a group that includes former Rockets stars Hakeem Olajuwon, former Rockets star Elvin Hayes, current Rockets center Yao Ming, Texans receiver Andre Johnson and former boxing great George Foreman.

"Our hope is after Chris gets a chance to meet with other teams and hears what they have to say, he'll pick the Rockets," Morey said. "I told him if he joins us our roster will stack up with the past championship teams we've had."

On Wednesday Bosh's agent told FOX 26 Sports the Rockets are on his client's radar.

"Chris is keeping his options open and Houston is a team he will evaluate," said Henry Thomas in a quote released to FOX 26 through his assistant, Kris White.

During the 2009-2010 season Bosh averaged 24 points and 10.8 rebounds a game.

"I want Chris to make the best decision for him," Morey said. "I wanted the opportunity to tell him about the Rockets and about Houston.

"I'm very happy I was able to do that."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/local/100701-rockets-meet-with-chris-bosh

JayJaay
07-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Link:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7088998.html

Rockets get foot in door with Bosh
By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
July 1, 2010, 1:30AM

The Rockets’ courtship of Chris Bosh has begun.

Early Thursday, a Twitter post from Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said: "Just finished meeting with @chrisbosh - great player & person. He is about winning so I focused on how w/Houston he can win a championship."

The Miami Heat appeared to be in position to reach a rapid agreement to sign Bosh, the Rockets’ primary target, with a sign-and-trade deal with the Toronto Raptors. However, the 6-10 forward indicated Wednesday through third-party intermediaries he "definitely" would consider the Rockets and specifically cited an interest in playing with Yao Ming and the chance to play on "a world stage," a person with knowledge of Bosh’s planning said.

With Bosh’s input, the Raptors have worked out the framework of sign-and-trade agreements with several teams, including the Rockets, the individual said, but have not been told to complete any deal.

"I'm happy we had the chance to meet with Chris to put our best foot forward and he could learn about the Rockets," said Morey, who met with Bosh in Dallas. "It's an important time for both teams and free agents. I'm glad he has the chance to consider what we have to offer. We think with Chris we can win a championship in Houston."

One of Morey’s arguments for the Rockets is that their deep roster will offer Bosh a better chance to win than a Miami or New York Knicks roster gutted to create the salary-cap room needed to sign free agents.

In one sense, the Rockets are in line behind suitors with salary-cap space. But they expected that.

"For us, the free agents would have to move through a sign-and-trade," Morey said. "The agents are focusing on the teams with room. That’s to leverage their original teams so they can go through sign-and-trade, where they maximize their money. The free agents will make $30 million more through sign-and-trade.

"I think they’ll all look at us. It’s such a big decision for all the free agents. They’re making a five- or six-year decision. I think they’ll all very carefully evaluate their options."

Hawks to keep Johnson?

The Rockets, who had limited, late talks with the Phoenix Suns at the trade deadline, do not have a meeting scheduled with Amar’e Stoudemire, who opted out of his contract Wednesday but could turn in Morey’s direction if Bosh is off the market.

The Atlanta Hawks were readying a maximum-contract offer for Joe Johnson that would likely keep him in Atlanta. Although the Rockets had considered pursuing Johnson, this could be good news for the Rockets if it takes Johnson out of a potential pairing with Bosh in New York.

Johnson was expected to begin the process with the Hawks, with conversations also expected in short order with the Knicks, Heat and Dallas Mavericks. Heat guard Dwyane Wade will be in Chicago to meet with the Bulls.

The Rockets began the free-agency process by extending qualifying offers to forward Luis Scola and guard Kyle Lowry, keeping their rights to match any offers either receives.

The offers are not made as proposals for their next contract, only to make them restricted free agents. Scola received an offer of $4.1 million for next season and Lowry $2.97 million, amounts determined by their previous contracts and collective bargaining rules.

Morey has said Rockets owner Leslie Alexander has directed him to match any offers given to Lowry or Scola.

With much of the attention on their pursuit of Bosh, the Rockets took out an ad in today’s editions of the Chronicle declaring Lowry and Scola are "key pieces to a team on the rise" and asking fans to comment on each player’s Twitter site.

"As far as our financial impact, Leslie is basically saying, this is the season we’re all in, whatever resources we need," Morey said.

Returning a possibility

Scola has said he would welcome a return to Houston but intends to consider his options. Lowry, however, has said that while he is happy with the Rockets, his preference is to find a starting job.

"We appreciate their position and how much they value Kyle," said Lowry’s agent, Andy Miller. "If they are adamant, why not make an offer and show how much?

"Kyle likes playing in Houston, likes the personnel and staff, and has a strong relationship with the front office. He would have no problem returning."

Either player could be part of a sign-and-trade deal the Rockets might pursue, but only if that is their choice.

Rockets forward Jared Jeffries chose not to become a free agent, letting the team know in writing shortly after the season that he would not opt out of the $6.9 million remaining on his contract.

The Rockets had an early-termination option on Chuck Hayes’ contract but did not exercise it, with Hayes due $2.3 million next season.

Kai
07-01-2010, 02:52 AM
On Thursday 1st July 2010, @chrisbosh said:

It's been an exciting first couple of hrs. Got some interesting visits and presentations from Houston, Toronto, Chicago and Miami. We'll see who else will come out tomorrow.

ploto
07-01-2010, 03:35 AM
The one appeal for Bosh in Houston is that he would play PF next to a "real" center. He was probably his happiest recently the first year Rasho was in Toronto and starting with him.

Kai
07-01-2010, 03:52 AM
The one appeal for Bosh in Houston is that he would play PF next to a "real" center. He was probably his happiest recently the first year Rasho was in Toronto and starting with him.

Are you implying that playing with a true center is the only appeal to the Rockets?

MI21
07-01-2010, 05:06 AM

Are you implying that Rasho is a real centre?

djohn2oo8
07-01-2010, 06:24 AM

Morey playin mind tricks on him

sefant77
07-01-2010, 06:49 AM

Too weak defense, too much offense with just one ball.

Wait for Ariza getting pissed and demanding more shots.

And i thought Bosh always told its about being the #1 bitch and not winning a ring.

GuerillaBlack
07-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Too weak defense, too much offense with just one ball.

Wait for Ariza getting pissed and demanding more shots.

And i thought Bosh always told its about being the #1 bitch and not winning a ring.

LOL, wait for Ariza to get pissed and demand more shots? Like he did in LA right? Ariza will be just fine with the open look threes and fastbreak points he's bound to have if the Rockets get Bosh. Especially if Brooks is traded (and the Rockets get someone like Jarret Jack back). Lowry would be a nice starting PG with the other four (Martin, Ariza, Bosh, Yao).

And how is it too weak on defense? Ariza is a good defender, and Yao owns the paint. And if Lowry is the starting PG, he isn't bad.

ploto
07-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Are you implying that playing with a true center is the only appeal to the Rockets?

No- it is an important thing to Chris. I like the Rockets alot. My wish is that Rasho would sign there.

Wifebeater
07-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Don't worry, son. These are the type of comments that happen when you have no experience.:lmao

Haven't you been raped enough today?

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2010, 09:23 PM
rockets = pathetic

djohn2oo8
07-01-2010, 09:45 PM
rockets = pathetic

Says the cum guzzling Kobe fan :rolleyes

The Franchise
07-01-2010, 11:04 PM
rockets = pathetic

If we get Bosh