PDA

View Full Version : Reigning Black: Options for the Bi-Annual Excep

Mel_13
07-01-2010, 01:02 PM
If we're to work from the premise of Murphy's law ("Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."), Richard Jefferson's on his way out the door and the Spurs have nothing to show for it: no cap room, no sign and trade in place, nothing. The Spurs have been left high-and-dry without the means to find or acquire a comparable replacement, at least talent-wise.

If Spurs are left with nothing to show for Jefferson, the Spurs will then be left with the Bi- Annual Exception (roughly $2 million) to find a suitable replacement at the small forward position-- due to Tiago Splitter receiving most, if not all, of the Mid-Level Exception.

Because of how powerful and true Murphy's law can be, Reigning Black will dissect the realistic options that should be available for the LLE (Bi-Annual Exception).
Continue Reading >>>> (http://reigningblack.blogspot.com/)

Blackjack
07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Here's hoping the Spurs can somehow manage to allow two wang revealers (one of which has knucklehead tendencies -- Wright) to occupy the Spurs' locker room.

Dorell is the best option available, IMO.

MaNu4Tres
07-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Not happening...Willing to bet R.J stays in SA...

Nice work though Mel :tu

Danny.Zhu
07-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Would Splitter still be interested in a team with a big hole in SF?

Agloco
07-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Would Splitter still be interested in a team with a big hole in SF?

Sure. He just wants to play in the NBA. I don't think winning is necessarily a prerequisite for him at this point.

Mark in Austin
07-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I have to wonder if SA would be interested in a Josh Howard reclamation project. His value can't get any lower - he'll still be recovering from ACL surgery at the start of the season. Would be a low risk, high-reward signing if the Spurs could pull it off.

tsb2000
07-01-2010, 10:11 PM
would love to see Matt Barnes in a Spurs uni. I've been saying that for a while. Dude is tough and can play defense.

Ginobili2Duncan
07-01-2010, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't mind Keyon Dooling or Flip Murray as a 3rd guard.

dbestpro
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't mind Keyon Dooling or Flip Murray as a 3rd guard.

Puke.

Ginobili2Duncan
07-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Puke.

What wrong with either of them as a 3rd guard? I know the question is about who you would want at SF, but I think RJ is coming back.

TD 21
07-01-2010, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't put it past the Spurs, who are obsessed with having a stretch four in the rotation and are clearly committed to bringing Bonner back now that Jefferson has opted out, to trade McDyess in a deal that brings back an SF.

Nothing specific springs to mind off the top of my head, but I could see it happening. But that's only if they can't get at least one semi-credible option to fill that position without having to resort to that.

G2D, third guard? The Spurs are set in the back court.

coyotes_geek
07-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Would be a good look but I cant see him signing for peanuts....someone who gets left out in the cold with cap room will pay him.

Agreed. Even as damaged goods Josh Howard will still be able to get a better offer than the BAE.