PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jax Playoff Stats

wildbill2u
05-15-2005, 11:35 AM
Updated Stephen Jackson stats for Indiana/ Detroit series for 4 games.

min FG fg% 3pt 3p% ft RB A ST TO F ppg
38.2 25-74 .338 6-28 .214 15-1 3.8 1.2 2.4 3.2 3.2 14.2 2

The stats don't do his game justice. :rolleyes He's still not afraid to take the shot. :lol

What say you Steve Jax mourners? Are we ready to forget about bringing Jax back?

bigbendbruisebrother
05-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Stephen Jackson stats for Indiana/ Detroit series for 3 games.

min fg fg% 3pt 3% ft FT% OR DR TRb

37.7 15-48 .313 4-20 .200 2-3 .667 .70 3.70 4.30

As steal TOs fouls ppg
.3 2.67 3.33 3.30 12.0

(.3 assists is not a typo) The stats don't do his game justice. :rolleyes

I have to disagree with your conclusion wildbill2u. At game and season levels, Stephen Jackson creates problems for his team and then works like hell come crunch time. But the glorious shots he hits only go towards bailing his team out of the holes he creates. I think the stats show exactly who Stephen Jackson is. A flaky, big-mouthed (and talented) headband who along with Ron Artest are responsible for destroying any chance Reggie Miller had this season of winning a ring.

picnroll
05-15-2005, 12:28 PM
He's done a pretty good job on Prince which is hurting the Pistons.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Stephen Jackson stats for Indiana/ Detroit series for 3 games.

min fg fg% 3pt 3% ft FT% OR DR TRb

37.7 15-48 .313 4-20 .200 2-3 .667 .70 3.70 4.30

As steal TOs fouls ppg
.3 2.67 3.33 3.30 12.0

(.3 assists is not a typo) The stats don't do his game justice. :rolleyes

Yea, and the Pacers are some how up 2 -1 on the Pistons while playing 4 on 5 :rolleyes

wildbill2u
05-18-2005, 11:54 AM
I wanted to edit the playoff statistics for Jax so we could perhaps decide to end the mourning and move on. He's hurting the Pacers IMHO because he's "not afraid to take the shot."

MadDog73
05-18-2005, 11:58 AM
if the Pacers lose, can we finally put S-Jax behind us?

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I always looked at SJax as a wash.

To me it seemed that for every great thing he did he'd do something boneheaded.

Of course, there were those times he'd do something great, not a compliment that we can give Barry at this point in the playoffs.

That being said I'm not on the SJax bandwagon.

wildbill2u
05-18-2005, 02:00 PM
I always looked at SJax as a wash.

To me it seemed that for every great thing he did he'd do something boneheaded.

Of course, there were those times he'd do something great, not a compliment that we can give Barry at this point in the playoffs.

That being said I'm not on the SJax bandwagon.

I really expected some comment from the Jax cultists, especially TimVP.

TurnNiggazDreams2Flames
05-18-2005, 02:08 PM
the spurs wont get him back...nor do they need him. Manu is fucking legit and if Tony had an average game yesterday, the Spurs woulda won by 45. No need to panic.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Helped Spurs win 2003 NBA Championship, he averaged 12.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 24 playoff games

Please tell me other than Tim, Tony, and Manu, who is close to averaging 12 pts a game in the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2005, 03:34 PM

TimVP likes Stephen Jackson. But I think I'm the actual cultist.

Marcus Bryant
05-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Still better than Brent "Billion" Barry...

smeagol
05-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Still better than Brent "Billion" Barry...
Welcome back, we missed you.

timvp
05-18-2005, 03:37 PM

I think you have the wrong person as far as being an SJax "cultist", but it's obvious that SJax > Barry. SJax has to create all of his own shots in a horrible offense. Have you ever watched the Pacers play? They run either isolation plays, posts up for Jermaine or run Reggie off of screens. Most of SJax shots are off of isolations. SJax is not an isolation type player.

But put him in the Spurs' offense and watch him hit timely threes. Watch him sack up when the rest of the team is playing scared. Watch him win championships.

Instead, the Spurs have a player who managed to do nothing positive in 22 minutes on the court.

Great.

Marcus Bryant
05-18-2005, 03:56 PM
The Spurs need players who are not afraid to take big game shots. Count me as a member of that "cult"...

MadDog73
05-18-2005, 04:10 PM
The Spurs need players who are not afraid to take big game shots. Count me as a member of that "cult"...

Are Horry, Manu and Tony not enough?

I'm not fan of Brent Barry, but wishing S-Jax was somehow a Spurs again is a little... sad. Will it ever happen, that would be a better discussion than "who's better: Barry or Jackson?"

Marcus Bryant
05-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Horry's got a little work to do to prove his shot is on again.

As long as Brent Barry is a Spur I will wish that Jack was back and you can call it whatever you want.

pooh
05-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Something to believe in, even if its' only a pipe one at that.

Link (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050518/SPORTS04/505180424/1004/SPORTS)

You heard it here first: There will be a Game 7
By Bob Kravitz - Indystar.com

May 18, 2005

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Somebody's got to do it, and it's not going to be an Indiana Pacers player or coach, so it might as well be me.

I'm guaranteeing Game 6.

I can't tell you who's going to win Game 6, but I can guarantee there will be a Game 6.

Good heavens, man, go out on a limb! Show some faith! Be a MAN, like that Tom guy who won "Survivor"!

OK, fine.

The Pacers, the same Pacers who have lost the last two playoff games to the Pistons by roughly 1,300 points -- give or take a thousand -- will win Game 6 Thursday night at Conseco Fieldhouse.

As for Game 7, hey, they're on their own. There's only so much a dumpy little sports columnist can do in a short space of time.

Yes, I know Tuesday night was bad. I know Game 5 here at the Palace of Auburn Hills was as much fun as a case of the shingles. I know the statistics, which show that 84 percent of teams that win Game 5 of a 2-2 series win that series.

I know that it's humbling, if not downright humiliating, when Darko Milicic is called upon to finish off the proceedings for the Pistons and ultimately outscores Jamaal Tinsley, three points to two.

I saw it, you saw it and, sadly, many Hoosier youngsters saw the carnage, which might leave them psychologically scarred for years.

"The last 31 minutes were dismal," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said after the Pacers' 86-67 loss to the Detroit Pistons. "No getting around it. As (former coach) Bill Fitch used to say, 'When you stink, you stink.' And we stunk."

The Pistons had more runs than a reckless traveler in Mexico.

The Pistons had more second chances than Darryl Strawberry.

Please, remember to tip your waiters and waitresses.

Lest anybody suggest I'm letting the Pacers off the hook for failing to show up for the final 21/2 quarters, let me summarize:

Tinsley, who can make you crazier than a spouse, stunk. Reggie Miller, who might have taken early retirement when we weren't watching, stunk. Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson weren't quite as noxious, but they didn't give the Pacers a chance to win, either.

Not that it would have made any real difference, not with the Pacers shooting 37 percent and getting outrebounded by 18, but I'm still confused as to why Carlisle stayed so long with Tinsley when it was evident he was intent on padding Ben Wallace's block totals.

If you remember, the Pacers led 31-27 with 7:05 left in the second quarter, and were in the penalty.

Shortly thereafter, Tinsley replaced Anthony Johnson.

Shortly thereafter, the game was over (although many of us stuck around for the chance to watch Milicic actually play).

I'm not crazy enough to drop it all on Tinsley -- maybe 62.5 percent of it -- but there's got to be a point, sooner rather than later, when Carlisle acknowledges he's had enough of his wackiness.

(Listen, if I'm going to guarantee Game 6, the least Carlisle can do is put his impetuous point guard on a short leash.)

How bad did it get? In the second half, the Pacers were hit with a technical foul for using too many timeouts. It was one of the few places where they blew out the Pistons on the score sheet.

An extra timeout: Why would Carlisle make the misery last any longer than necessary?

"We're not going to run and hide from the truth," Carlisle said. ". . . We got outfought and outplayed. And outcoached. You know, we're all in this together."

It wasn't very encouraging to hear so many of the Pacers players concede there was a marked lack of effort in Game 5. One thing it's fair to expect at any point in the playoffs: maximum effort. Stephen Jackson said it. Miller said it. My guess is, if we asked John Edwards, he would have said it, too.

When Jermaine O'Neal was asked if it would be hard for the Pacers to come back from this mauling, he said, "It better not be hard at all. . . . It's a test of our will. If we don't have enough will to come out and win a game on our home court, then we have to start playing for next season."

Which brings me back to The Guarantee.

The Pacers' will.

No, you haven't seen a lot of will -- or baskets or rebounds -- the past two games. But one thing about this team: It can take a punch.

If I've learned anything about these Pacers by now, it's that they don't roll over and quit. They are too stubborn and prideful to let it end without making the Pistons sweat out a Game 7, and they are too committed to Uncle Reggie to let his career end at home.

A guarantee?

I'm putting the Troy, Mich., Marriott on the credit card now.

Guarantee that, Rasheed.

wildbill2u
05-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I think you have the wrong person as far as being an SJax "cultist", but it's obvious that SJax > Barry. SJax has to create all of his own shots in a horrible offense. Have you ever watched the Pacers play? They run either isolation plays, posts up for Jermaine or run Reggie off of screens. Most of SJax shots are off of isolations. SJax is not an isolation type player.

But put him in the Spurs' offense and watch him hit timely threes. Watch him sack up when the rest of the team is playing scared. Watch him win championships.

Instead, the Spurs have a player who managed to do nothing positive in 22 minutes on the court.

Great.

How did this get to be a question of Barry vs. Jackson? As far as I know, Jackson left on his own accord before Barry was signed and wanted money that had to be used for Manu and Tony. However, If you think Jax would take the bench role that Barry has, then that would be another argument for bringing him back although it's unlikely he'd agree to that role since he's been touted as the Reggie replacement---but that has nothing to do with his current play and/or stats.

You have to hit "timely threes" if your poor shooting percentage and TOs have put your team in a hole to begin with. But that isn't happening--he's playing horribly--and his teammates know it.

There's been reported dissension on the team about Jackson that led to some kind of confrontation with the previous Spur assistent coach that brought him there.

Several times in the playoffs, I've watched him calling for the ball with no defender near while a teammate ignores him and passes elsewhere. Only two reasons for that: a)they know he'll shoot and miss or mess up somehow with a TO or b)They know he won't give up the ball. One man's idea of "not afraid to shoot" is another man's characterization of a ball hog I guess.

If I had to bring back a player from one of our past Championship teams, it would be Antonio Daniels without a doubt. He's shown himself to be a player who's learned his craft and has a lot of class.