PDA

View Full Version : Double Sign-and-Trade between Mavs and Cavs a possibility

dallaskd
07-01-2010, 09:07 PM
sorry if already posted..

Double Sign-and-Trade between Mavs and Cavs a possibility

FOXSportsSouthwest.com

Mavericks free agent center Brenden Haywood will reportedly meet on Thursday with Dallas, Cleveland and Miami, according to a league source. Haywood will conduct these meetings in Charlotte, N.C.

Brian Windhorst of Cleveland.com reports that Dallas and Cleveland could be entertaining the idea of a double sign-and-trade between Haywood and Cavs center Shaquille O'Neal.

Haywood was acquired along with Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson by Dallas near the trade deadline last season from Washington. Haywood averaged 8.1 points and 7.4 rebounds in 28 games for the Mavericks.

Shaq has flirted with the idea of joining Dallas for several years now. O'Neal nearly came to Dallas in '04-'05 before eventually heading to Miami, where he won an NBA Championship in '05-'06 with the Heat by defeating Dallas in the NBA Finals.

O'Neal would be entering his 18th season in the league and would be coming off of a season in which he played on 53 games.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/06/30/10/Double-Sign-and-Trade-between-Mavs-and-C/landing.html?blockID=263978&feedID=3742

koriwhat
07-01-2010, 09:26 PM
fuck that... yall can have him!

Amarelooms
07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Ummm not going to happen with a Haywood for Shaq straight up.....no way. Cleveland gotta throw in another player OR NO DEAL

:elephant

sefant77
07-01-2010, 09:30 PM
rofl what a piece of crap article

monosylab1k
07-01-2010, 09:45 PM
why the hell would Dallas do this?

dallaskd
07-01-2010, 09:46 PM
why the hell would Dallas do this?

Cuban loves Shaq

Samr
07-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Why doesn't Shaq just retire? I mean really, Phoenix, Cavs, maybe Mavs. Every team that he has been to since winning a ring, has been worse off because of it. Dude, I'm regrettably a fan of yours and everything, but it's just time to hang it up.

The league is moving in a smaller, more athletic direction. Shaq used to be dominant, and in the days when you had to have a dominant big man to contend, maybe the current Shaq could have been of use. But now? He's just like a side show in a game when strictly post-up 7 footers are almost a liability.

Stump
07-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Why doesn't Shaq just retire? I mean really, Phoenix, Cavs, maybe Mavs. Every team that he has been to since winning a ring, has been worse off because of it. Dude, I'm regrettably a fan of yours and everything, but it's just time to hang it up.

The league is moving in a smaller, more athletic direction. Shaq used to be dominant, and in the days when you had to have a dominant big man to contend, maybe the current Shaq could have been of use. But now? He's just like a side show in a game when strictly post-up 7 footers are almost a liability.
If teams keep throwing money at him, why not keep playing?