PDA

View Full Version : Sigh...is there any upside these days?

BadOne
07-01-2010, 09:49 PM
:depressedLooking for some positive things here...anything...

At least we got what is considered to be another steal in the draft right? Hope we can land a good wing before its all said an done. http://www.spursreport.com/forums/images/smilies/shrug.gif

:wakeupOr screw it, maybe its just to early to tell anything? This summer promised to be filled with drama for the entire league. I jusgt can't wait for all the dust to settle already. I know it'll be a while, but as soon as this whole James/Wade/Bosh thing is done, hopefully there might be a little more clarity in what the front office can do to help the team. I suppose until then, we'll need to find alternatives to relieving our stresses. :smokin:smokin:smokin

I'm staying glued to ST for any new updates. :lobt2:

scottspurs
07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Don't lose any sleep over it guy. It's just basketball

K-State Spur
07-01-2010, 10:11 PM
upside for 2010-2011:

parker plays at 100%, reverts to form where nobody can keep him out of the paint
hill + blair improve by more than ginobili + duncan decline
splitter + anderson = ready for the nba

those alone probably doesn't equal championship, but each is plausible and together they're better than last year, another 50+ win season, and decent playoff seed

ChuckD
07-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Don't lose any sleep over it guy. It's just basketball

It's not even that. It's basketball business.

I have two suggestions. Either embrace the chaos and enjoy each shift of paradigm, or completely ignore the process. Stressing over it is going to drive you nuts.

BadOne
07-01-2010, 10:52 PM
It's not even that. It's basketball business.

I have two suggestions. Either embrace the chaos and enjoy each shift of paradigm, or completely ignore the process. Stressing over it is going to drive you nuts.

Word, good lookin out Chuck!

alchemist
07-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Big obstacles loom for the Spurs these next couple years. Tim's retirement. Pop's retirement. Parker's contract. Ginobili's health.

I prefer to not stress over it and just hope for the best :toast. That's all we can do.

The Btown Spur
07-01-2010, 11:08 PM
At least we dont have Kahn as our GM! and we have one of the best!

spursfan1000
07-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Give Spurs some time, I bet they make a nice trade/ signing.

SouthTexasRancher
07-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Don't count Pop & RC out just yet. They always seem to have an extra ace or two, up their sleeves. Having seen James Anderson play a few times I think he'll fit in nicely as the season progresses. And I think Hill & Blair will be grabbing lots of productive minutes. Tim, Manu & Tony will be rested and when Tiago arrives we should see Tim get more minutes on the sideline this season so he's rested by playoff time. It would be nice to get one more big who is athletic and a good swingman who can score more consistently than Mason and Bonner. But, like others have said, don't go blowing your brains out over a game.

Thomas82
07-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Don't count Pop & RC out just yet. They always seem to have an extra ace or two, up their sleeves. Having seen James Anderson play a few times I think he'll fit in nicely as the season progresses. And I think Hill & Blair will be grabbing lots of productive minutes. Tim, Manu & Tony will be rested and when Tiago arrives we should see Tim get more minutes on the sideline this season so he's rested by playoff time. It would be nice to get one more big who is athletic and a good swingman who can score more consistently than Mason and Bonner. But, like others have said, don't go blowing your brains out over a game.

I'm 100% sure we'll get just that before too long, and it'll be a move that turns a lot of heads.

iManu
07-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Dude, we will fucking murder the Lakers and get to the finals if we have Splitter and an alright SF ala Bruce-style.

We would get swept by the Heat, of course, if that Bosh, Wade, King thing happens.

They could have fucking :elephant as their point guard, I don't care.