PDA

View Full Version : Julian Wright is trying so hard to get the Hornets to trade him

fevertrees
07-02-2010, 09:54 AM
:lol:lol:lol Another blockbuster trade for you Bower!!! Let's package him and CP3 in a salary deal to clear some more cap space. George Shinn can have a better retirement :toast

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/07/julian_wright_opts_out_of_new.html

Julian Wright opts out of New Orleans Hornets summer league games

In a meeting last week, New Orleans Hornets Coach Monty Williams told forward Julian Wright that it would be beneficial for all of the team’s young players to play on its summer league team.
julian_wright.jpgMichael DeMocker/The Times-PicayuneLast year, Julian Wright played on the New Orleans Hornets’ summer league team, but was outshined by rookies Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton, who eventually had standout rookie seasons.

Guards Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton will participate, along with draft picks Craig Brackins and Quincy Pondexter, whom the Hornets acquired in a draft-night trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for their 11th overall pick, Cole Aldrich, and veteran Morris Peterson.

Brackins and Pondexter will be added to the roster after the league approves the trade next week.

However, despite Williams’ preference, Wright has decided not to participate.

“You can’t make any of those guys play, ’’ Williams said Wednesday. ”So it’s on him. It’s something that will tell me a lot about his approach.’’

The Hornets released their 12-man roster Wednesday, minus Brackins and Pondexter, and practices in Las Vegas will start Monday. The Hornets’ opening game is July 9 against the Golden State Warriors.

Most players entering their fourth season, such as Wright, usually have established themselves and don’t need to participate in the summer league. But Wright has struggled to make an impact in his first three seasons. He was unable to keep the starting small forward job last season after averaging 3.8 points in 68 games.

At midseason Wright requested a trade, but the Hornets did not accommodate him. Wright is one of the Hornets’ most athletic players, but he continues to be inconsistent.

Last year, Wright played on the Hornets’ summer league team, but was outshined by Collison and Thornton, who eventually had standout rookie seasons.

Wright worked out at the Alario Center on Wednesday, but declined comment.

“I have to get a look at our guys, and I’m watching game film from last year, ’’ Williams said. ”I see a lot from that, but it would be nice to see Julian.’’

JMarkJohns
07-02-2010, 10:09 AM
He's a POS player with all the ability in the world.

If you're an athletic wing and can't be maximized by Chris Paul, then you should be shot and put out of your apathy. He's always coasted on his ability and, hence, has never developed anything resembling a game. Complete waste.