PDA

View Full Version : Seems like it ain't 100% that Dirk is staying in big D

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 11:49 AM
from what I'm hearing on the street and other message boards. Rumor has it he met with Nash in NY yesterday and left before Kidd arrived???? Granted this is all rumor but that's messed up if true.

If you do leave Dirk....BE SMART and sign with Lebron or Wade. Don't waste your time going to a team that can't really win. STAY IN DALLAS OR DO THE RIGHT THING

:elephant

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-02-2010, 11:50 AM
The Suns have next to no cap room with Frye and Warrick agreeing to those contracts, Dirk to Phoenix is a non possibility.

stretch
07-02-2010, 11:50 AM
he's staying in Dallas you moron

dickface
07-02-2010, 11:54 AM
tbh Dirk dicking around the Mavs like this is starting to piss me off.

he opts out, sends messages to the media about wanting to be "wined & dined" by the Mavs, has Donnie about to get on a plane to Germany only to call him at the last minute and say he's flying back to Dallas, decides he doesn't want to be "wine & dined" and get all that attention so he cancels the flight to Dallas and chills in NY for a day.

He can't be "wined & dined" and also keep things low-key. He can't talk about wanting to be appreciated more by the Mavs organization and the fans, and then back off and hide out in NY when the organization/fans do exactly what he asked for.

Dirk is mishandling this horribly imho.

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 11:58 AM
tbh Dirk dicking around the Mavs like this is starting to piss me off.

he opts out, sends messages to the media about wanting to be "wined & dined" by the Mavs, has Donnie about to get on a plane to Germany only to call him at the last minute and say he's flying back to Dallas, decides he doesn't want to be "wine & dined" and get all that attention so he cancels the flight to Dallas and chills in NY for a day.

He can't be "wined & dined" and also keep things low-key. He can't talk about wanting to be appreciated more by the Mavs organization and the fans, and then back off and hide out in NY when the organization/fans do exactly what he asked for.

Dirk is mishandling this horribly imho.

Not sure why he's acting like that. NO REASON for the team you're already on wine and dine your ass. STOP BEING A BITCH.....just decide if you want to resign or not. Let the Mavs focus on making other moves. I'm going to pimp slap his ass when I go to a game this season

lurker
07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Meeting up with his friend who lives in NY doesn't mean anything. I figured he would when I heard he was in NY.

dickface
07-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Meeting up with his friend who lives in NY doesn't mean anything. I figured he would when I heard he was in NY.

It means something when he was supposed to show up in Dallas but decided to stay in NY when he found out that he would arrive to a crowd of Mav fans.

It means something when he was supposed to meet up with Jason Kidd in NY, but instead hung out with Nash and left before Kidd even arrived in NY.

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 12:04 PM

Who is that chick in your sig that Prince is coming in his pants for?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-02-2010, 12:08 PM
It means something when he was supposed to show up in Dallas but decided to stay in NY when he found out that he would arrive to a crowd of Mav fans.

It means something when he was supposed to meet up with Jason Kidd in NY, but instead hung out with Nash and left before Kidd even arrived in NY.

Meeting up with Nash means nothing unless he loves him so much he's willing to sign with the Suns for 2 million dollar salary.

dickface
07-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Meeting up with Nash means nothing unless he loves him so much he's willing to sign with the Suns for 2 million dollar salary.

He just might. Dirk is a strange guy. He spent an entire offseason wandering around the Australian outback once.

Findog
07-02-2010, 12:10 PM
He's supposed to meet with the Mavs today. If they agree in principle on a deal before the day is out so Dirk can assist in recruiting other players, then no harm done. Anxiety and overreaction until it's official that he's coming back is understandable.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-02-2010, 12:13 PM
There's a better chance of him recruiting Nash to demand a trade back to Dallas. At this point it's pointless for Nash to waste away on the Suns trying to run pick and rolls with Hakeem Warrick.

dickface
07-02-2010, 12:13 PM
He's supposed to meet with the Mavs today. If they agree in principle on a deal before the day is out so Dirk can assist in recruiting other players, then no harm done. Anxiety and overreaction until it's official that he's coming back is understandable.

I just don't get why he's dicking them around. Why did Donnie have to make plans to fly to Germany only to cancel them at the last minute? And i mean very last minute, he was right about to board the plane when Dirk finally told him that he was coming back to Dallas. Why did he say he was flying straight to Dallas but then cancel that to chill in NY? He says he wants more appreciation and love, Cuban accomodates him, then he suddenly shies away and wants things to be low key?

I don't think Dirk will go anywhere else, but it's bullshit that he's dilly-dallying around like this.

Findog
07-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I just don't get why he's dicking them around. .

I don't see how he's dicking them around. If they don't reach an agreement in principle after meeting today*, then we can assume that it's not automatic he's coming back and that throws everything into chaos.

* Assuming he wants to be here, and they don't lowball him and offer him the max or close to the max, then he should accept and be on board. If he's serious about getting help in Dallas, then he has to agree quickly so the Mavs can make their pitches to other players with the knowledge that he will be here.

lurker
07-02-2010, 12:17 PM
He made plans with Kidd when he thought he was going to be staying in NY overnight, but they were able to get a flight to leave earlier than expected. It wasn't a diss to Kidd or the Mavericks. People are being drama queens.

Mavs_man_41
07-02-2010, 12:17 PM
you idiots seriously thought all this time that there was no possibility of him leaving? this is what happens when you fuck around year after year with half ass attempts to put a decent supporting cast around him. the man wants to win a ring desperately and the FO hasn't been very fair to him in that regard.

NRHector
07-02-2010, 12:20 PM
from what I'm hearing on the street and other message boards. Rumor has it he met with Nash in NY yesterday and left before Kidd arrived???? Granted this is all rumor but that's messed up if true.

If you do leave Dirk....BE SMART and sign with Lebron or Wade. Don't waste your time going to a team that can't really win. STAY IN DALLAS OR DO THE RIGHT THING

:elephantstaying in Dallas is not the right thing either

Venti Quattro
07-02-2010, 12:20 PM
you idiots seriously thought all this time that there was no possibility of him leaving? this is what happens when you fuck around year after year with half ass attempts to put a decent supporting cast around him. the man wants to win a ring desperately and the FO hasn't been very fair to him in that regard.

he's playing with the 2nd best center in the NBA. doesn't that count for something?

dickface
07-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't see how he's dicking them around.

So this isn't dicking the Mavs around?

"Yeah come meet me in Germany"

"No, wait, I'm coming to Dallas, get off the plane and cancel your flight"

"I want you to show me how much you really appreciate me"

"Ummmmm I don't want to arrive in Dallas to fanfare so I'm gonna just stay in NYC for a night"

"Hey Jason, yeah get to NYC and we'll have dinner"

"Hey Jason, I know you're already headed here but we're leaving, I had lunch with Nash instead"

He could have coordinated things with Donnie so that he wasn't boarding a plane for Germany when he finally got a call from Dirk. He could have told Cuban that he wanted things low key instead of all the "wine me, dine me, appreciate me" talk and then get nervous when Cuban accommodates those wants, he could have had the decency to keep his word with Jason Kidd.

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 12:23 PM
staying in Dallas is not the right thing either

it is if he's going to go to another pretender like New York, Nets, Suns, Spurs, etc. Either go with Lebron/Wade or keep your ass in Dallas and stop acting like a drama queen. Sign and work to recruit some players here.

Basketballgirl25
07-02-2010, 12:24 PM

I don;t like Dirk much or the Mavs for that matter, but Dirk hanging out with Nash instead of Kidd means nothing as all. If I was going to guess I'd bet Dirk is better friends with Nash then Kidd, I mean from what I've heard Dirk is a godfather to Nash twins.

dickface
07-02-2010, 12:24 PM
I don;t like Dirk much or the Mavs for that matter, but Dirk hanging out with Nash instead of Kidd means nothing as all. If I was going to guess I'd bet Dirk is better friends with Nash then Kidd, I mean from what I've heard Dirk is a godfather to Nash twins.

stop posting.

Findog
07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
So this isn't dicking the Mavs around?

"Yeah come meet me in Germany"

"No, wait, I'm coming to Dallas, get off the plane and cancel your flight"

"I want you to show me how much you really appreciate me"

"Ummmmm I don't want to arrive in Dallas to fanfare so I'm gonna just stay in NYC for a night"

"Hey Jason, yeah get to NYC and we'll have dinner"

"Hey Jason, I know you're already headed here but we're leaving, I had lunch with Nash instead"

He could have coordinated things with Donnie so that he wasn't boarding a plane for Germany when he finally got a call from Dirk. He could have told Cuban that he wanted things low key instead of all the "wine me, dine me, appreciate me" talk and then get nervous when Cuban accommodates those wants, he could have had the decency to keep his word with Jason Kidd.

Let's see what happens as a result of their meeting today. Like I said, if Saturday gets here and there is still no agreement for him to return to Dallas, then it's time to panic.

Will Hunting
07-02-2010, 12:25 PM

kill yourself.

dickface
07-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Let's see what happens as a result of their meeting today. Like I said, if Saturday gets here and there is still no agreement for him to return to Dallas, then it's time to panic.

I don't care if he signs here or not. The way he handled this entire thing has been pretty asshole-ish, even more so if he does stay with Dallas.

stretch
07-02-2010, 12:29 PM
:rolleyes @ mav fans getting butthurt over this

who cares...

Findog
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't care if he signs here or not.

Then why do you care if he meets with the Mavs on 7/2 as opposed to 7/1? Bron won't make a decision until 7/5 at the earliest, and thats what starts the domino effect on player movement.

dickface
07-02-2010, 12:31 PM
:rolleyes @ mav fans getting butthurt over this

who cares...

leaving the entire organization in limbo and dicking them around like this doesn't look good to other free agents. They're only coming here if Dirk comes here, and part of selling Dallas to them is showing how strong the organization is. How does the organization sell themselves as strong when the franchise player, Dirk, is doing shit that makes them look weak as hell?

Basketballgirl25
07-02-2010, 12:32 PM
kill yourself.

Why? Because it isn't 100% that Dirk is staying? I could careless if Dirk stays or goes no reason to:toast

Will Hunting
07-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Why? Because it isn't 100% that Dirk is staying? I could careless if Dirk stays or goes no reason to:toast

I said kill yourself because you're posts contribute nothing. Go wear your Nets jersey to a bar again.

Amarelooms

ignore them....post a pic of yourself please :toast

BUMP

haha dont kill yourself

keep posting :toast

Will Hunting
07-02-2010, 12:34 PM
post a pic of yourself please :toast

Why, do you need something to induce vomiting?

Amarelooms
leaving the entire organization in limbo and dicking them around like this doesn't look good to other free agents. They're only coming here if Dirk comes here, and part of selling Dallas to them is showing how strong the organization is. How does the organization sell themselves as strong when the franchise player, Dirk, is doing shit that makes them look weak as hell?

Well don't over exaggerate to that extreme it man....I wish he would have handled this differently but let's just wait a few days

Findog

To be honest, Bron, Wade, Bosh and Amare aren't coming here, and with Joe Johnson off the market, there goes any chance Dallas had at acquiring one of the premier FAs. Job #1 is getting Dirk signed and then looking at guys like Al Jefferson or other players already under contract for a trade. Makes no difference if Dirk had agreed on 7/1 or today. Once Johnson went off the market, Dallas needed to shift its focus towards players already under contract.

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Why, do you need something to induce vomiting?

Don't be so mean man....maybe she's hot

Basketballgirl25
I said kill yourself because you're posts contribute nothing. Go wear your Nets jersey to a bar again.

Better then wearing a Redsox Jersey, I'd get killed for that one:lol

spursfan1000
I wouldent mind Dirk winning a championship with Lebron or Wade, just not with the Mavs.

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 12:36 PM
To be honest, Bron, Wade, Bosh and Amare aren't coming here, and with Joe Johnson off the market, there goes any chance Dallas had at acquiring one of the premier FAs. Job #1 is getting Dirk signed and then looking at guys like Al Jefferson or other players already under contract for a trade. Makes no difference if Dirk had agreed on 7/1 or today. Once Johnson went off the market, Dallas needed to shift its focus towards players already under contract.

Very true statements.....need to get the best available player already signed on a team that wants CAP SPACE. Some options off the top of my head:

1. Iggy/Brand combo from Philly
2. Agent zero from the Wizards
3. Al Jefferson from Minny

BUMP
07-02-2010, 12:36 PM
I wouldent mind Dirk winning a championship with Lebron or Wade, just not with the Mavs.

I'm so glad you told us that :tu

dickface
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM

So after a year of Cuban saying "we're players in the 2010 FA market" he's going to make a limp dick exit without even hardly trying? That's retarded.

spursfan1000
07-02-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm so glad you told us that :tu

:wakeup okay

lefty
My sources say....

BUMP
So after a year of Cuban saying "we're players in the FA market" he's going to make a limp dick exit without even hardly trying? That's retarded.

Dont we hear this every year from our FO?

What other free agents are out there.

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and JJ aren't coming, Amare is about to get a max deal from New York

There's no FAs left

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Dont we hear this every year from our FO?

What other free agents are out there.

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and JJ aren't coming, Amare is about to get a max deal from New York

There's no FAs left

Findog
So after a year of Cuban saying "we're players in the 2010 FA market" he's going to make a limp dick exit without even hardly trying? That's retarded.

I didn't say he's not going to try, and he should and will, but Bosh has said many times he doesn't want to play for the Mavs, the Suns will not S'n'T Amare to Dallas, and it's my honest opinion that Bron and Wade are more likely to resign with their current teams or go to the Bulls than come here. Bron says he'll decide early on like 7/5 because he knows that starts the domino effect, but I bet it will be even later than that because he's such a narcissistic drama queen that will drag this shit out like Brett Favre. If the Mavs and Dirk don't reach an agreement after meeting today, THEN we're in trouble.

Amarelooms

4. AND LONG SHOT....CP3 from New Orleans...would be do-able if they weren't in the same freakin division

dickface
Very true statements.....need to get the best available player already signed on a team that wants CAP SPACE. Some options off the top of my head:

Iggy/Brand for DUST/Jet works and I'd probably do that deal. Unfortunately Donnie Nelson is retarded cuz he thinks Iggy/Caron/Marion are all "basically the same player"

Arenas for DUST/Barea works and I'd probably do that deal too.

Jefferson for DUST straight up works and I'd do that deal before any of the others.

stretch
07-02-2010, 12:42 PM

Dude these guys are looking to make the biggest professional move of their career. This free agency is such a big event for each of them, that something minor like Dirk taking an extra day or two to re-sign, isn't going to make a slight bit of difference, as there are other bigger concerns that they have to look into. If there is anything remote to take from this, its the fact that the Mavs organization are so patiently and willingly going about it, showing their dedication to their players. If you and other fans can see that it's not the organizations fault, that its simply due to Dirk dicking around (something that most all major free agents do), then I'm pretty sure that the players and their agents can see that too. Completely meaningless.

Will Hunting
Iggy/Caron/Marion are all "basically the same player"

:lmao

Amarelooms
I didn't say he's not going to try, and he should and will, but Bosh has said many times he doesn't want to play for the Mavs, the Suns will not S'n'T Amare to Dallas, and it's my honest opinion that Bron and Wade are more likely to resign with their current teams or go to the Bulls than come here. Bron says he'll decide early on like 7/5 because he knows that starts the domino effect, but I bet it will be even later than that because he's such a narcissistic drama queen that will drag this shit out like Brett Favre. If the Mavs and Dirk don't reach an agreement after meeting today, THEN we're in trouble.

What is there to agree on....he's getting the freakin max. Only thing he has to decide is does he want to play here....do other teams give him a better option to win? Only if he signs with a team that has a top baller like Bron Bron or Wade...if not Dallas is his best bet

stretch
07-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Besides, what does it matter? 99% of the Mavs fans here think that unless they get Lebron, they have a -255% chance of beating the Lakers... a team they finished a mere 2 games behind, despite a major midseason trade and considerably more injuries as well.

My Fault
07-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Honestly I don't see Dirk going anywhere else but imo he shouldn't be dicking around with the Mavs if he really wants them to bring in help. Nobody will wanna go there if they think he is not coming back.

Findog
07-02-2010, 12:59 PM
http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/mavs/2010/07/mavs-get-ball-rolling-with-dirk.html

Nothing will happen until tomorrow. So the anxiety continues.

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Oh boy...well stay tuned...if nothing by tomorrow then he's probably gone. Hopefully he will agree to a sign and trade

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070310dnspomavsdirkback.fddff967.html

stretch
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Oh boy...well stay tuned...if nothing by tomorrow then he's probably gone. Hopefully he will agree to a sign and trade

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070310dnspomavsdirkback.fddff967.html

shut the fuck up

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 01:03 PM
shut the fuck up

lol reality finally kick in? Well if he does leave I pray he goes to pair up with Lebron...maybe in Chicago...that would be fun to watch

Roddy Beaubois
07-02-2010, 01:03 PM
http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/mavs/2010/07/mavs-get-ball-rolling-with-dirk.html

Nothing will happen until tomorrow. So the anxiety continues.

fuck

4>0rings
07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
fuckscrub

Roddy Beaubois
07-02-2010, 01:07 PM
scrub

still mad

lurker
07-02-2010, 01:20 PM
I just really don't see him leaving. I figured his family and Holger would probably get in his ear a bit because it's pretty damn stupid of him to stay, but I think Mark and Donnie will be able to smooth things over.

monosylab1k
07-02-2010, 01:21 PM
seriously, what the hell takes so long in these negotiations?

"we'll give you 4 years at the max, plus the no trade clause"

it takes 2 days to say that?

Findog
07-02-2010, 01:28 PM
seriously, what the hell takes so long in these negotiations?

"we'll give you 4 years at the max, plus the no trade clause"

it takes 2 days to say that?

Celtics have already come to an agreement with Pierce, so very much cause for concern here.

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Well if he leaves I will still cheer the Mavs and whatever team he is on....God bless everyone
sons

silverblk mystix
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Someone probably is talking some sense to Dirk-while he is NOT by Cubans side (or bed)...

and Dirk is starting to see what a waste of time being a Mav is...

hey Dirk...wtf is wrong with cuban turning down a deng for erica trade?

..and saying shit like---NO to roddy bimboua for J Johnson...I mean this is fuckin retarded--even for the mavs organization....:lmao

and Irk is like...yeah...wtf am I wastin my time for....shit...I can't even believe the caliber of chix I been bangin'..fuckit....I'm leaving that shithole for good...:lmao:lmao:lmao

Findog
07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Well if he leaves I will still cheer the Mavs and whatever team he is on....God bless everyone
sons

Agreed. Offer him the max and then let the chips fall where they may. You can't fault the Mavs unless they lowball him. If they're ironing out things like insurance protection if Dirk gets injured playing for the German national team, then that makes sense why this process might not be as zippy as we like. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I understand it might take some time for the lawyers to draw up a contract, but they should be able to quickly come to a handshake agreement in principle if he wants to stay here.

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Someone probably is talking some sense to Dirk-while he is NOT by Cubans side (or bed)...

and Dirk is starting to see what a waste of time being a Mav is...

hey Dirk...wtf is wrong with cuban turning down a deng for erica trade?

..and saying shit like---NO to roddy bimboua for J Johnson...I mean this is fuckin retarded--even for the mavs organization....:lmao

and Irk is like...yeah...wtf am I wastin my time for....shit...I can't even believe the caliber of chix I been bangin'..fuckit....I'm leaving that shithole for good...:lmao:lmao:lmao

lol at this clown. You are truly a dummy....now get out of my thread

stretch
07-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Celtics have already come to an agreement with Pierce, so very much cause for concern here.

fish just reported that Donnie met with Holger, and made the offer. Dirk has to finalize it now.

id say there is about a 99% chance that the deal is pretty much done tomorrow

silverblk mystix
07-02-2010, 01:39 PM
:elephant:elephant

hey Irk...oops sorry...hey Dirk...

JJ Barea is under contract:lmao

still wanna stay in allas?:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephan t:elephant:elephant:elephant

Roddy Beaubois
07-02-2010, 01:40 PM
this guy sounds like a bump troll tbh

4>0rings
07-02-2010, 01:42 PM
this guy sounds like a bump troll tbhscrub

DPG21920
07-02-2010, 01:44 PM
This is hilarious. If amarelooms stops putting pink elephants after her posts, my sources say Dirk will stay.

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 01:47 PM
This is hilarious. If amarelooms stops putting pink elephants after her posts, my sources say Dirk will stay.

Let me think about that....not sure I'm willing to give that up.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Mavs offered Dirk the max, 4yrs/$96M.

Goran Dragic
07-02-2010, 01:48 PM
tbh it's one of the worst shticks on ST.

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 01:52 PM
tbh it's one of the worst shticks on ST.

what my :elephant

Goran Dragic
07-02-2010, 01:53 PM
what my :elephant

Yeah, it's as unfunny as my racism shtick only less offensive.

MavDynasty
07-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Where the fuck do the Mavs even start if Dirk leaves? Unload Caron for picks and cash? Unload Erica for picks and cash?Try to trade Terry and Shawn muthafuckin Marion?

Amarelooms
07-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Mavs offered Dirk the max, 4yrs/$96M.

Honestly Dirk should take less if he really wanted to win...give the Mavs the ability to make moves in the future and not tie them down.

Him getting 24 million a year takes up a good portion of the cap. If I were him I would take like 18mil a year for a 4-5 year deal....that's more than enough

GuerillaBlack
07-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Honestly Dirk should take less if he really wanted to win...give the Mavs the ability to make moves in the future and not tie them down.

Him getting 24 million a year takes up a good portion of the cap. If I were him I would take like 18mil a year for a 4-5 year deal....that's more than enough

Didn't Dirk, just not too long ago, work out his contract so the Mavs could get more free agents?

lurker
07-02-2010, 02:15 PM

He said before that he would be willing to do that but it seems things have changed. I'm guessing Holger didn't like the thought of his meal ticket taking less money.

monosylab1k
07-02-2010, 02:17 PM
The Mavs are so far over the cap that Dirk giving them a hometown discount would do basically nothing unless he took scrub money. Just max him out already.

Stump
07-02-2010, 02:51 PM

They're already way over the cap and Cuban will spend whatever it takes. Does it really matter?

DPG21920
07-02-2010, 02:53 PM
The Mavs are so far over the cap that Dirk giving them a hometown discount would do basically nothing unless he took scrub money. Just max him out already.

Exactly. What are these mav "fans" talking about. Even if Dirk took a fraction of the money, nothing changes for the mavs with regards to their cap situation. All that does is help cubans bottom line.

Shank
07-02-2010, 04:08 PM
From everything I've heard today, he'll remain with the Mavs. I'm not worried.

Findog
07-02-2010, 04:17 PM
From everything I've heard today, he'll remain with the Mavs. I'm not worried.

Same here. The more I'm thinking about it, why was neither Dirk nor Cuban there today? If Cuban had any doubts at all about being able to resign Dirk, I think he would've been there.

Shank
07-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Same here. The more I'm thinking about it, why was neither Dirk nor Cuban there today? If Cuban had any doubts at all about being able to resign Dirk, I think he would've been there.

Dirk was around plenty of Mavs folk today. Just not at Donnie's place.

sribb43
07-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Dirk and Cubes were probably having drinks somewhere while donnie and Holger talked contract