PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul urges New Orleans Hornets to become active in free agency

fevertrees
07-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Good luck Paul..those boneheads in the front office would rather trade you for a cracker jack box just to save some money:lmao

Chris Paul urges New Orleans Hornets to become active in free agency to improve their roster
Published: Friday, July 02, 2010, 1:25 PM

With trade rumors continuing to swirl, Chris Paul said Friday that he doesn’t want have to wait years to experience winning and urged the New Orleans Hornets to become active in free agency this month to improve their roster.
chris_paul3.jpgAlan Spearman/The Associated PressChris Paul has urged the Hornets to be more active in free agency.

It was Paul’s first public comments since he told ESPN. com that he would be open to a trade if the Hornets are not committed to winning a championship.

“I want to win now,’’ said Paul, who hosted his charity golf tournament Friday at the English Turn Country Club. "We have to make adjustments and do different things in order contend with these great teams in the NBA. I would love for us to be very active in free agency because there are some players out there.’’

With a free-agent class considered one of the best in NBA history with LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce and Dirk Nowitzki currently on the market, Paul said if he had enough money in his bank account he would bring them all to New Orleans.

“He is serious about winning because at the end of the day in two years if they (Hornets) are not committed to winning then he’s going want to go and rightfully so,’’ said Charles Paul Sr., Paul's father.

redzero
07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Well, Shinn is a cheap asshole who still won't sell the team, so I don't think that's going to happen.

DPG21920
07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Hornets areva wreck. Cp3 will soon privately ask to be traded

fevertrees
07-02-2010, 03:05 PM

He is already giving hints on that by saying he wants to play on a franchise committed to win...only thing the Hornets/Shinn are worried about is making a profit

lil_penny
07-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Get it done portland

redzero
07-02-2010, 03:15 PM

How are they a wreck? As soon as Shinn leaves, they will have an owner committed to winning.

spursfan1000
07-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Sign free agents with what money?

admiralsnackbar
07-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Chris Paul urges New Orleans Hornets to become active in free agency

I totally thought you meant he was urging his fellow team-mates to get out while they could. :lol

Might be better advice, really.

admiralsnackbar
07-02-2010, 03:40 PM
How are they a wreck? As soon as Shinn leaves, they will have an owner committed to winning.

Too bad their economy won't feel the same way for awhile thanks to the spill and the Ritas and the Katrinas and the Lehman's and and and...

I'd hate to buy that franchise right now.

sefant77
07-02-2010, 03:43 PM
and Hornets fans thinking Paul will be loyal, rofl

redzero
07-02-2010, 04:12 PM
and Hornets fans thinking Paul will be loyal, rofl

Dirk hasn't resigned with the Mavs yet, so I wouldn't be laughing if I were you.

Buddy Holly
07-02-2010, 04:15 PM

Committed to winning means he'll be a open wallet owner? I doubt any owner is committed to losing as its bad on the bottom line. The NBA is a business and NBA owners are conscience of this.

EricB
07-02-2010, 08:14 PM
I think Shinn while doesn't want to lose, but is not in a hurry to add to the payroll nor get rid of Paul, West or anyone else who sells jerseys.

fevertrees
07-02-2010, 08:52 PM
I'll believe in the new ownership once it actually happens..until then we get stuck with cheapskate bible toting perv Shinn and his BEAST of a wife Mrs Denise

BRHornet45
07-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Committed to winning means he'll be a open wallet owner? I doubt any owner is committed to losing as its bad on the bottom line. The NBA is a business and NBA owners are conscience of this.

ummm son many NBA owners lose money every single year. Cuban, the Cavs, etc. ... some of them actually DO care about winning.

BRHornet45
07-02-2010, 09:39 PM
and his BEAST of a wife Mrs Denise

son no lie ... that woman is fine and is always wearing those "fuck me" knee high boots.

BadOdor
07-02-2010, 10:05 PM
lol hornets.

Findog
07-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Well I urge my girlfriend to give me more anal, but I guess we don't always get what we want...amirite CP3?

Pelicans78
07-02-2010, 10:41 PM
CP3 can ask all he wants, but its not going to happen. Team won't have cap room until next offseason. The team did what he wanted by signing Peja and Posey and those deals backfired. He needs to focus on getting healthy and improving the team instead of worrying about what the front office does. Seriously, the team has done ok so far in the offseason with hiring a young enthusiastic coach and had a great draft night by unloading Mo-Pete and drafting two solid players. Now we need to trade Darius and somehow Posey and maybe use the MLE and extra cap room to sign a starting SF if available.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 10:42 PM
ummm son many NBA owners lose money every single year. Cuban, the Cavs, etc. ... some of them actually DO care about winning.

cuban might lose money in his nba team, but how much does he make in interest from his deposits in banks? doesnt he have like $3Billion?

Pelicans78
07-02-2010, 10:51 PM
cuban might lose money in his nba team, but how much does he make in interest from his deposits in banks? doesnt he have like $3Billion?

The new would-be owner is a billionaire as well since he's in the oil shipping business. He's really wealthy, but the oil spill plus the moratorium on off-shore drilling hasn't helped which may be the reason he hasn't officially bought the team yet.

BRHornet45
07-02-2010, 11:35 PM
sons CP3 is my nigga and all ... but shouldn't he be more concerned with staying healthy? not that the Hornets were a power house to begin with, but they have been a solid playoff team 2 out of the last 3 years ... I think Paul should just shut his mouth, worry about getting himself healthy, enjoy his $14 million salary, and two years from now whenever his contract is up then he can talk.

intlspurshk
07-02-2010, 11:36 PM
TP and Blair for CP3 + fillers. DO it Pop

BRHornet45
07-02-2010, 11:39 PM

son Cuban recently had minority owners of the Mavericks bitching about losing money! This is not a knock to Cuban because like I said he is in it to win and actually spends money, but the minority owners are in it solely for financial gain and are losing money because of him.

redzero
07-02-2010, 11:40 PM
TP and Blair for CP3 + fillers. DO it Pop

Why trade Finals MVP Tony Parker and Charles Barkley Jr. for Paul?

Pelicans78
07-02-2010, 11:49 PM
sons CP3 is my nigga and all ... but shouldn't he be more concerned with staying healthy? not that the Hornets were a power house to begin with, but they have been a solid playoff team 2 out of the last 3 years ... I think Paul should just shut his mouth, worry about getting himself healthy, enjoy his $14 million salary, and two years from now whenever his contract is up then he can talk.

Well-said.