PDA

View Full Version : Sasha wants more PG duties

Smooth Criminal
07-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Enjoy
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/07/sasha-vujacic-exciting-about-possible-increased-duties-at-point-guard.html

Sasha Vujacic's eyes lit up. His smile widened. And his enthusiasm bubbled.
A reporter had asked him about the possibility he'd play more at point guard next season, what with the uncertainty regarding the future of Derek Fisher, Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmar, as well as Mitch Kupchak's contention that the team's back court is the biggest area of concern during the off-season. Though the Lakers' roster for 2010-2011 is far from complete, the mere chance that Vujacic would assume a greater role at point guard left him giddy and excited.
"I love it; I'm not going to lie to you," said Vujacic, who had also assumed more point guard duties with the Slovenian national team. "It's a big responsibility.... I'm up for the challenge."
Barring the Lakers not making any trade proposals involving Vujacic as they unsuccessfully tried last season, Vujacic doesn't have to worry much these days about free agency. He's taken time to relax, follow the World Cup and travel to Wimbledon to watch girlfriend Maria Sharapova, who was recently eliminated (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/06/wimbledon-serena-williams-eliminates-sharapova.html) by top-seed Serena Williams. But with one year remaining on his contract worth $5.5 million, Vujacic clearly knows how important it is to ride the late-season success, including the two clutch free throws he made (http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/06/sasha-vujacics-late-free-throws-provides-positive-end-to-adversarial-season.html) in Game 7 of the NBA Finals with 11.7 seconds remaining to secure the win and the title.
"It's no secret," Vujacic said of his contract status. "Not only for myself but I really want to do good for the team. The team wants it."

MavDynasty
07-02-2010, 03:20 PM
lol vujabitch

Smooth Criminal
07-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Rest of article: my bad

That includes the possibility that Vujacic assumes more duties at point guard, something that appeared unthinkable last season after his minutes (8.6) and points (2.8) were nearly cut in half from a season ago. Each time his minutes and production picked up, he suffered an injury, including a right shoulder sprain on Feb. 19 against Boston and a left ankle sprain in the Lakers' season finale against the Clippers.
Each injury halted Vujacic's surge in production. Before his injury against Boston, Vujacic's minutes had picked up during Kobe Bryant's five-game absence because of a sprained left ankle. There was a clear increase in production in those games compared to his season average, including points (2.5 to 4.4), rebounds (1.1 to 2.0) and assists (0.6 to 1.8). Before his injury against the Clippers, Vujacic scored a season-high 13 points against Sacramento the previous night, prompting Lakers Coach Phil Jackson to suggest Vujacic would receive heavy minutes in the postseason. It provided a remarkable possibility, considering Vujacic essentially played himself out of the rotation two weeks earlier after arguing with assistant coaches during the Lakers' 91-75 loss to Oklahoma City.
Even though Vujacic returned in time for the Western Conference finals, Vujacic only played in three of the six games. He surely didn't help his cause when his scuffle with fellow Slovenian Goran Dragic nearly cost the Lakers' Game 6 in the West Finals matchup against Phoenix, prompting Bryant to suggest he wanted to kill Vujacic. But those ill feelings all went away once Vujacic made two free throws to clinch Game 7 against Boston, a moment that caused Bryant and Vujacic to embrace each other. That moment also validated in Vujacic's mind why Jackson remained tough on him all season, and proof that he can prevail when given an opportunity. That includes assuming more time at point guard, which could spur success given that Vujacic plays more within the offense and is composed when he doesn't feel he has to jam a game's worth of production into limited minutes.
"Coach made me better throughout the year," Vujacic said. "Sometimes when you don't play, you get pulled out, whatever happens, it's that mental training that PJ does with all the players. I'm glad I kind of passed the test. He gave me that confidence in the most crucial game, not only when the game was on the line but the entire series, the season, he showed me confidence. He puts me in the game like that, that shows a lot."

23LeBronJames23
07-02-2010, 03:24 PM
haha what a douche

IronMexican
07-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Want them or not, he's going to get them.

spursfan1000
07-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I want to become a millionaire.

sefant77
07-02-2010, 03:44 PM
yes, they will ship his expiring out of town for a real pg backup

:rollin

ohmwrecker
07-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Dude has virtually no PG skills. Undersized SG . . . the Vagine!

Pero
07-02-2010, 04:32 PM
"I love it; I'm not going to lie to you," said Vujacic, who had also assumed more point guard duties with the Slovenian national team.

Say what?

ducks
07-02-2010, 06:14 PM
ohoh blake is coming

DJ Mbenga
07-02-2010, 06:52 PM
hopefully there is enough money left for me

lefty
07-02-2010, 09:41 PM
lol

A 60 y/o John Paxson would be 10 times better at PG

Ashy Larry
07-02-2010, 09:48 PM
contract year once again ..... last time he had one of those was that gift after the 2008 season and he was playing pretty well ...... if we can get that Sasha, Lakers will be just fine.

BadOdor
07-02-2010, 09:48 PM
hopefully there is enough money left for me

Sons you as good as signed. You better really name that court in the Congo after kobe though.

Venti Quattro
07-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Fisher, Blake and Vujacic will split time at the point guard. Not bad. At least none of them is named Jordan Farmar.

spursfan1000
07-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Good luck playing PG with Blake and Fisher hogging the minutes.

TheMACHINE
07-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Dude has virtually no PG skills. Undersized SG . . . the Vagine!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/nba_g_ginobili_580.jpg