PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Wallace..

BadMotorscooter
07-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Time to call Larry Brown and make the deal. Everyone knows Larry loves to make trades and has a special place in his heart for Pop and San Antonio. Hell, he was the guy we dealt with to unload Ratliff. I have no doubt that we could pry Wallace away from the Bobcats for the right price...and it wouldnt include Tim, Manu, or Parker. It probably would include our future.(Blair, Hill, Splitter?, or draft picks). Whether we make an attempt or not, I think Wallace will be on the trading block by the trade deadline this season.(Especially if the Bobcats come out of the gate slowly) Gerald makes less than Jefferson did. Make the call, R.C. Pull the S.A. version of the Gasol trade for the Spurs.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-02-2010, 04:38 PM
hell yes wallace is a beast

Seventyniner
07-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Gerald Wallace would cost us Tony Parker. Still want to do it?

SpursTillTheEnd
07-02-2010, 04:42 PM
yes in a heartbeat hell yea

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Maybe if they gave us another forward. Wallace would provide the defense but he's a worse shooter than Jefferson.

ajballer4
07-02-2010, 05:15 PM
This will never happen

bigdog
07-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Why would Larry Brown want to get rid of one of his top 2 players?

Agloco
07-02-2010, 06:41 PM

yes in a heartbeat hell yea

Damm.....misplaced my double facepalm pic. :lol

SpursTillTheEnd
07-02-2010, 06:44 PM
^ why do you have white hoes with flat ass's in yo sig? u gay homie

BadMotorscooter
07-02-2010, 07:24 PM

Yes. If it means our starting line up is:

Hill
Manu
Wallace
Duncan
Spliiter

I'll take it. We have a guy who can score like Tony in George Hill. We dont have anyone who can be a monster at the 3 like Wallace. And if we give up Tony. It means we keep all our youth. Blair, Hill, Splitter, and Anderson. Parker makes more than Wallace and the Bobcats would probably through another player in the mix to get him...like D.J., which would give us another pure PG.

Chomag
07-02-2010, 07:42 PM
This is another player I have allways dreamed of wearing the silver and black. However I don't see how the spurs could get him unless they were willing to give up Parker.

Mhak
07-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Another What if and useless Thread!!!

tim_duncan_fan
07-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I think I would love this trade.

We replace Tony's scoring AND get a young point.

Question is does it work salary-wise and would LB and the Bobcats do it?

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 08:37 PM
tp + rj + watever to get it done for wallace + jax...

ChuckD
07-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Maybe if they gave us another forward. Wallace would provide the defense but he's a worse shooter than Jefferson.

This.

From now on, when you people get an itch in your groin for a player, check their three point %. If the career mark isn't at least 36%, he's of no use to the Spurs. You saw what happened last year when we had a wing that couldn't shoot. I don't care how fast they run or how high they jump, if they can't knock down the three, our offense collapses.

EricB
07-02-2010, 08:44 PM
sigh.....

tp2021
07-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Well, with the way the market is overpaying for players, I guess we could hope for RJ to command a contract big enough to net the Spurs a TE in a S&T that could then be used to acquire Wallace.

BadMotorscooter
07-03-2010, 12:21 AM
sigh.....

I imagine your out of breath. Waiting at the Miami airport for Lamar Odom to show up will do that do ya. You got any more gems like that? Please start a thread for your great knowledge.

ajballer4
07-03-2010, 12:25 AM
I imagine your out of breath. Waiting at the Miami airport for Lamar Odom to show up will do that do ya. You got any more gems like that? Please start a thread for your great knowledge.

Worst. Comeback. Ever. And this has no great knowledge. There is a 0% chance of Larry Brown, a Hall of Fame coach, doing another competitor a favor by trading his best player, coming of an all-star season. Greeeeeeeat Knowledge.

BadMotorscooter
07-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Worst. Comeback. Ever. And this has no great knowledge. There is a 0% chance of Larry Brown, a Hall of Fame coach, doing another competitor a favor by trading his best player, coming of an all-star season. Greeeeeeeat Knowledge.

Worse. Comeback. Ever.? Who are you? Miley Cyrus or Hillary Duff? Either way, you just posted like a 16 year old highschool girl. Worse. Ever.? hahahah

TinTin
07-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Yeah Eric, why are you shitting on this plausible trade?

BadMotorscooter
07-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah Eric, why are you shitting on this plausible trade?

Its funny when guys dont have the balls to start threads but hide in the shadows and make fun of other posters threads.

TinTin
07-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Its funny when guys dont have the balls to start threads but hide in the shadows and make fun of other posters threads.

Ok.

Can you explain the relation to me not starting threads with a Gerald Wallace trade?

Again, I am not disagreeing with you, I fully think a Wallace trade is possible and will benefit the spurs.

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Alright, someone needs to explain the blue font to these peeps...I can't tell who is serious and who isn't!

Chieflion
07-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Alright, someone needs to explain the blue font to these peeps...I can't tell who is serious and who isn't!

Ya, free agency gone nuts, so it seems.

spursfan1000
07-03-2010, 12:41 AM
I would like a Felton + Wallace for Parker + RJ type trade

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 12:44 AM
As for the Wallace thing...I like him better than RJ because even though he's the same kind of player, he shows much more intensity and purpose on the court. Still, it doesn't make him any better a fit for the Spurs or any more likely to join them.

To the OP...you have to understand that posters start threads saying "what about this guy?" all the time and Wallace is a frequent target. Try not to get offended, but it's definitely not the first time it's been brought up.

spursfan1000
07-03-2010, 12:47 AM
As for the Wallace thing...I like him better than RJ because even though he's the same kind of player, he shows much more intensity and purpose on the court. Still, it doesn't make him any better a fit for the Spurs or any more likely to join them.

To the OP...you have to understand that posters start threads saying "what about this guy?" all the time and Wallace is a frequent target. Try not to get offended, but it's definitely not the first time it's been brought up.

Wallace is a top defender, RJ is not, Wallace has more range and is a better finisher by the rim. So Wallace overall game is better then RJ.

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Wallace is a top defender, RJ is not, Wallace has more range and is a better finisher by the rim. So Wallace overall game is better then RJ.

Wallace does not have more range, but I'll give you that he's a more commited defender and better finisher. I still don't understand how that makes him a good fit for the Spurs or how it makes him anymore likely to be traded to them.

spursfan1000
07-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Wallace does not have more range, but I'll give you that he's a more commited defender and better finisher. I still don't understand how that makes him a good fit for the Spurs or how it makes him anymore likely to be traded to them.

Wallace can hit the 3. Spurs need a better defender to start the 3 position and that's what Wallace is, but now if I think about it if he is just a better version of RJ I don't think I would like Spurs giving up Parker. :(