PDA

View Full Version : Wade has 2nd meeting with Bulls... Lebron partnership?

Creation88
07-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Wade, Chicago meeting for second time on Friday as Wade becomes further intrigued with Bulls -- and possible LBJ partnership. link coming.

Dwyane Wade is leaning toward committing to the Chicago Bulls, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Chad Ford on Friday.

Chad "i'm usually never right" Ford

Creation88
07-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Woj and
Yikes.Source confirms SF Sun-Sentinel report of a second meeting within 24 hours tonight between Wade and Bulls. Story up soon on NBA.com. -David

Shank
07-02-2010, 04:55 PM
They're going to shit all over Bosh and let him go to a gutted Miami team? Not buying it, especially since LeBron hasn't met with the Bulls yet. I hate how the media likes to read into their own bullshit and run rampant with it.

ducks
07-02-2010, 05:01 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157740
fool!

Shank
07-02-2010, 05:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wadelebronbulls072010

Chicago pressing for Wade, LeBron partnership

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
17 minutes ago

Printable View
Return to Original Email Print Dwyane Wade(notes) will meet privately with Chicago Bulls officials for a second time in two days on Friday and is seriously contemplating leaving the Miami Heat to join his hometown team, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

This could be a significant step in Wade helping to create a blockbuster partnership with LeBron James(notes) on the Bulls.

Wade and James have been discussing the possibility of playing together, but the major hurdle to the starry alliance remains James’ reluctance to join Wade in Miami, sources say.

More From Adrian WojnarowskiMogul making: Prokhorov sells LeBron Jun 30, 2010 Team LeBron reaches for prominence Jun 28, 2010 “D-Wade and LeBron want to play together, but neither one wants to commit to each other,” a source with knowledge of the conversations told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.

Sources say that Wade is intrigued by the infrastructure of talent the Bulls have to surround him, especially in contrast to how gutted the Heat roster has become in the clearing of salary cap space.

The Bulls are trying to line up a commitment from Wade prior to their formal presentation with James in Cleveland on Saturday, sources said.

Chicago has a strong nucleus of young players, including Derrick Rose(notes) and Joakim Noah(notes), who with Wade and James would instantly turn the Bulls into a championship contender.

Without Wade leaving Miami to join James elsewhere, league sources believe that the two players are most likely to re-sign with their respective teams, Miami and Cleveland. Still, Wade and free agent forward Chris Bosh(notes) are closely connected and even without James, Wade is considering a Chicago partnership with Bosh. With 29.9 million in cap space, Chicago could give two different players a five year, $87.6 million contract.

Sources say that Chicago has a proposed trade of Luol Deng(notes) looming for what’s described as a “serviceable center,” that could help to clear more space. The Bulls could also ship young forward James Johnson(notes) to get more room.

The Bulls must make a strong case to James on Saturday to get him to take what would be $30 million less than the Cavaliers could offer. Sources say one team that all but eliminated itself with James in the presentation process was the New York Knicks. James’ inner-circle has described New York’s presentation as lacking preparedness and organization. James’ camp also found it to be redundant to much of the New Jersey Nets’ far sharper, edgier presentation on James’ earning power.

James hasn’t been convinced that he can overcome the $30 million difference between possible Cleveland and New York offers through endorsements and other streams of revenue. However, Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov’s vision of bulking up James’ international portfolio did resonate with him, and the Nets vision of using Brooklyn and the owner’s international muscle does appeal to him.

Sources say that James is dubious his mere presence on the Knicks will be worth that much more to him in endorsements. The appearance of Knicks GM Donnie Walsh in a wheelchair due to a neck problem and the frumpy, unimpressive Jim Dolan didn’t provide James with an image of vibrancy.

Muser
07-02-2010, 05:20 PM
lol bosh

Basketballgirl25
07-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Rose, Wade, Lebron on the same team I don't think they would work out too well together.

FalleNxWiZarDx
07-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Rose, Wade, Lebron on the same team I don't think they would work out too well together.
:lol

are you high??

they will be the best team ever in history in the NBA and the universe

MiamiHeat
07-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Lol bosh srry

Basketballgirl25
07-02-2010, 05:51 PM
:lol

are you high??

they will be the best team ever in history in the NBA and the universe

I just don't think it would, hey if it did work out great for the Bulls their a good team to watch, but I think if you minus Wade or Lebron and add another player it would be much better. Rose, Wade, Lebron just seems more like a video game type of team

Creation88
07-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Wade now LEANING toward the Bulls.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I can't see Wade leaving Miami. Especially like this, pulling a Brand (Davis/Clippers).

BullsDynasty
07-02-2010, 06:13 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/07/wade-bulls-meeting-again.html

Wade, Bulls meet again; Bosh, LeBron on deck

In a surprise development, Dwyane Wade met with the Bulls on Friday for the second time in two days, sources said.

The meeting took place at the downtown office of Wade's Chicago-based agent, Henry Thomas at 5 p.m. Two hours later, the Bulls were to meet with Chris Bosh at the United Center. Both are represented by Thomas.

Sources said the Bulls contacted Wade's camp again early Friday morning and Wade agreed to a second meeting.

"He was very impressed by the first meeting," one source said. "He's really taking free agency seriously."

All this is in advance of the Bulls' Saturday meeting with LeBron James, set for 1:30 Chicago time after the Cavaliers make their pitch.

Yahoo! Sports reported that James and Wade have discussed playing together, but that James has expressed reservations about joining Wade in Miami. A pairing of the two superstars in Chicago has emerged as an intriguing possibility.

One source said the Bulls are hoping to convince Wade they can sign one of the premier power forwards to add to a core already featuring Derrick Rose, Luol Deng and Joakim Noah. The Tribune also reported a long-shot, dream scenario early Friday wherein the Bulls engineer a sign-and-trade for one maximum free agent, thus preserving their nearly $30 million in salary-cap space for two other significant free agents, which could even include James.

Wade has been widely expected to re-sign with the Heat and made mildly disparaging comments regarding the Bulls in an interview with the Tribune in late May. But both sides came away from Thursday's initial meeting impressed.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that Wade was leaning toward signing with the Bulls.

If the Bulls can't convince Bosh to come on board, sources said the Bulls' Thursday sit-down with Carlos Boozer were "very promising."

Wade met with the Bulls for close to two hours at the United Center Thursday morning, the first full day of free agency, in a meeting first reported by the Tribune. The Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel first reported the second meeting with the Bulls. Wade also met with the Knicks on Friday morning in Chicago.

The Sun-Sentinel quoted Heat president Pat Riley about Wade's second meeting with the Bulls.

"We feel very strongly about our commitment to Dwyane and our fans," Riley said.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 11:21 PM
russian owner tryin to use his international muscle?

thats just like sayin hey lebron come tothe rockets, we got yao ming and china market, we can make up that 30m easy

Basketballgirl25
07-03-2010, 06:50 AM
russian owner tryin to use his international muscle?

thats just like sayin hey lebron come tothe rockets, we got yao ming and china market, we can make up that 30m easy

well he is like Yao Ming, he is from a different country so he does have international muscle, noting wrong with that, just like if say Mark Cuban bought something in Russia or China people over there would think he was like them

Giuseppe
07-03-2010, 06:56 AM
"We feel very strongly about our commitment to Dwyane and our fans," Riley said.

You hear that, Heat?

tee, hee.

Xevious
07-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I agree. While I'm sure they could make it work, Bosh, Lebron, and Rose makes more sense than Wade, Lebron, and Rose. With the former, you just need a guy that can knock down open 3s and defend at SG.

Chillen
07-03-2010, 04:39 PM
If the Bulls can land all 3, Chicago's potential starting 5: Rose, Bosh, LeBron, Wade, Noah = likely nba championship. That lineup would torch the Lakers in the NBA finals. Noah and Bosh vs Gasol and Bynum, Kobe vs LeBron and Rose and Wade ummm mismatch.

Brazil
07-03-2010, 04:53 PM
If the Bulls can land all 3, Chicago's potential starting 5: Rose, Bosh, LeBron, Wade, Noah = likely nba championship. That lineup would torch the Lakers in the NBA finals. Noah and Bosh vs Gasol and Bynum, Kobe vs LeBron and Rose and Wade ummm mismatch.

the ball sharing task would be a significant problem.

Basketballgirl25
07-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I agree. While I'm sure they could make it work, Bosh, Lebron, and Rose makes more sense than Wade, Lebron, and Rose. With the former, you just need a guy that can knock down open 3s and defend at SG.

yup, I think if you add Bosh it would work better

Roddy Beaubois
07-03-2010, 06:03 PM
yup, I think if you add Bosh it would work better

post a bit less

Basketballgirl25
07-03-2010, 06:49 PM
post a bit less

why I know you love me:toast

MavDynasty
07-03-2010, 07:19 PM
why I know you love me:toast

i doubt he likes ugly ass dykes who wear Nets jerseys to bar

peteee
07-03-2010, 07:23 PM
no team will get any two of the big names anyway unless they already have one. As to the Bulls, they only have the salary room barely enough for one max which is likely to be D-Whistle now, leaving Lebron there available for other teams including the Mavs who are the undoubted favourite.

Giuseppe
07-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Peteee, do you know whence you speak, or, are you just jackassing?

koriwhat
07-03-2010, 07:26 PM
including the Mavs who are the undoubted favourite.

oh man they're gonna rule the southwest! i can't believe lebron is going to dallas... wtf?!

BullsDynasty
07-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Why do you guys act like Rose and Wade/Lebron cannot coexist? Rose is just as good as a distributor/facilitator as he is an attacker. Only reason why he is scoring a lot is because he has to pick up the slack on the offensive side because his team sucks that much. Rose can average 10a assists a game if he wanted too but chooses to take over offensively because of the lack of depth of Chicago. I think Rose would love to have a player like Lebron or Wade come in and take some pressure off of him.

BullsDynasty
07-03-2010, 07:27 PM
no team will get any two of the big names anyway unless they already have one. As to the Bulls, they only have the salary room barely enough for one max which is likely to be D-Whistle now, leaving Lebron there available for other teams including the Mavs who are the undoubted favourite.

Bulls barely have enough for a max? They have more than enough for a max and are a James Johnson trade away from getting the second max.

koriwhat
07-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Why do you guys act like Rose and Wade/Lebron cannot coexist? Rose is just as good as a distributor/facilitator as he is an attacker. Only reason why he is scoring a lot is because he has to pick up the slack on the offensive side because his team sucks that much. Rose can average 10a assists a game if he wanted too but chooses to take over offensively because of the lack of depth of Chicago. I think Rose would love to have a player like Lebron or Wade come in and take some pressure off of him.

people just like to act like nba analysts here... i'm sure it'd work out in chicago even if both wade and lebron signed there.

Basketballgirl25
07-03-2010, 07:49 PM
oh man they're gonna rule the southwest! i can't believe lebron is going to dallas... wtf?!

Lebron isn't going to Dallas, when all is said and done the only ones who will have moved out of the three are Wade and Bosh.