PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Spurs trying to get in on Bulls/Blazers trade

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Deng to Portland, but Spurs involved?

http://twitter.com/jgoff670

Rumored deal that has been proposed is deng to por for Bayless and pryz expiring deal.

Following the Deng stuff closely. Spurs are getting involved.

MannyIsGod
07-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Hmmm.

siraulo23
07-02-2010, 09:11 PM
okayyy...

ChuckD
07-02-2010, 09:13 PM
We're probably throwing Splitter into the pot, and getting back Joel I've blown my knee out twice in the last year, once by falling in the shower Pryzbilla. :rolleyes

slick'81
07-02-2010, 09:14 PM
We're probably throwing Splitter into the pot, and getting back Joel I've blown my knee out twice in the last year, once by falling in the shower Pryzbilla. :rolleyes

lol that would suck

wonder what the spurs are trying to do here

dbreiden83080

Don't say this

Please god NO!!!

ChuckD
:lol I changed my text to sarcasm blue.

Chomag
If there is any truth to this rumor I will now be officially convinced that the Splitter negotiations might have gone sour.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2010, 09:16 PM
If there is any truth to this rumor I will now be officially convinced that the Splitter negotiations have gone sour.

There's no way to tell that. It doesn't give any indication what they want from SA or what the Spurs want from them.

justinandimcool
07-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Chicago radio as well as some guy in this thread report rumor that Spurs are actually trying to acquire Deng. http://boards.ign.com/basketball/b5109/193502284/p1/?17

picnroll
07-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Portland's going to be in big need of a PG. Parker?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Hopefully this involves Jefferson. But, if anything, it has Parker written on it.

AFBlue
Yeah, I think the two posts may not be connected. Spurs may be interested and Portland also may have a deal on the table.

I wonder what the Spurs' package would be.

ChumpDumper
Portland's going to be in big need of a PG. Parker?Then the Spurs would be in big need of a PG. No one?

Seventyniner
07-02-2010, 09:24 PM
No way I'd trade Parker for Deng unless Derrick Rose comes with him. Since that's not happening, hopefully Parker for Deng won't either.

Blackjack
So the Blazers would acquire Deng, after drafting Babbitt and Batum's coming off a shoulder injury that's give some cause for concern moving forward . . .

slick'81
No way I'd trade Parker for Deng unless Derrick Rose comes with him. Since that's not happening, hopefully Parker for Deng won't either.

yeah fuck that trade

mystargtr34
07-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I dont see how Parker can equate to Deng's bloated contract, or a combination of Przybilla and Bayless.

AFBlue
07-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Hopefully this involves Jefferson. But, if anything, it has Parker written on it.

If the other rumor is true that it basically takes an expiring and young guy, then I doubt it's Parker.

Maybe Dice (only partially guaranteed beyond this year) and one of the young guys (Hill/Blair).

Mikesatx
07-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Then the Spurs would be in big need of a PG. No one?

How did the Spurs ever win a game without Tony?

Kori Ellis
If anything, I think it would involve Hill (plus someone) - not Parker. Parker isn't going to get traded for Deng :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
If the other rumor is true that it basically takes an expiring and young guy, then I doubt it's Parker.
Which other rumor?

Maybe Dice (only partially guaranteed beyond this year) and one of the young guys (Hill/Blair).
I doubt people want to deal with Dice. He has a $4M trade kicker.

picnroll
07-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Not saying I like it but some rumors have been Spurs want to move Parker. What if the trade yielded Deng and Bayless?

Seventyniner
I can't make the salaries work in any plausible way. If the Blazers get Deng (and his $11.35M salary), they have to send out an equal amount of salary. Since the Bulls are trying to clear more cap room, they wouldn't want to take back that salary. But since the Blazers and Spurs are both over the cap (and therefore must match incoming and outgoing salaries), the Bulls can't use either of those teams to clear more cap room.

Perhaps a possible Spurs/Bulls deal is signed-and-traded RJ (starting salary ~$8M) plus all of Hairston, Gee, Jerrells, and Temple for Deng; the Bulls would then waive everyone but RJ, clearing a few million of cap room.

mystargtr34
If the Blazers would be interested in Deng, then they might be interested in RJ in a S&T.

POR - Jefferson
CHI - Przybilla + Bayless
SAS - Deng

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Also, if it includes Hill, hopefully there's another piece involved. Deng would solve our SF problems, but then comes a whole in the guard spot.

justinandimcool
Same guessing-game speculation here :lol http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1027733&start=120

AFBlue
Which other rumor?

Portland rumor...Pryzbilla (expiring) and Bayless (young talent).

Didn't know about the trade kicker though.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2010, 09:29 PM
If the Blazers would be interested in Deng, then they might be interested in RJ in a S&T.

POR - Jefferson
SAS - Deng

lol at going from Deng to RJ. But hey, we've seen crazier and it's only day 2.

ChumpDumper
How did the Spurs ever win a game without Tony?Overplaying the other stars.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Portland rumor...Pryzbilla (expiring) and Bayless (young talent).

Ah, sorry. Brain wasn't on.

Mel_13
07-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Much more likely that any Spurs involvement is small to help make the numbers work. Something like 2 of the DLeague contracts for James Johnson.

bigdog
07-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Who knows if the Spurs are even really getting into this one, but if they are, and it helps win ball games, I'm all for it.

Kori Ellis
Which other rumor?

He has a 10% trade kicker from what I know. Not $4M.

timvp
Interesting.

Deng has four years and $51 million left on his contract. That contract definitely makes him overpaid and he's not a very good fit on the Spurs. That said, I'd rather have Deng on that contract than RJ on a long term deal. Deng is bigger, in the prime of his career (25 years old), a better defender and could be both the small forward and the stretch four (which would, in theory, make it so the Spurs aren't forced to re-sign Bonner).

Portland getting Deng doesn't make sense to me because they have Batum. You can't have those two players on the same roster and keep both players happy. That's just impossible. Now with Pritchard out of the way, perhaps the Spurs are aiming for a way to get Batum. I haven't thought of a trade that makes sense for all three teams and brings Batum to the Spurs, though.

The Blazers have been throwing big offers around for point guards (like the offer they put on the table for Chris Paul) so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Portland would like Parker. To me, Parker makes much more sense to them than Deng.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

mystargtr34
07-02-2010, 09:33 PM
lol at going from Deng to RJ. But hey, we've seen crazier and it's only day 2.

I cant see the Spurs taking on that contract, regardless of the fit.

ceperez
So the Bulls want to trade Deng for a 'serviceable center'.

If Spurs involved, the center would be either Dice or Splitter.

But who then do we get from the Blazers?

justinandimcool
From word of mouth/radio reports in Chicago: Bulls have shopped Deng and have talked to three different teams...Utah for Okur, Portland for Joel/Bayless, Spurs for ???

It's probably not a 3-way. Spurs want Luol.

SpursTillTheEnd
for all yall wanting hill to be traded before parker and saying hill is not our future pg, ima laugh in yall's faces when parker leaves us next year and hill is having an all star pg season some where else, yall just need to fucking face it parker will be gone better sooner then later and better for something then nothing

Mikesatx
07-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Overplaying the other stars.

Maybe they should do that more. The team played their best ball during that stretch.

Seventyniner
07-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Interesting.

Deng has four years and $51 million left on his contract. That contract definitely makes him overpaid and he's not a very good fit on the Spurs. That said, I'd rather have Deng on that contract than RJ on a long term deal. Deng is bigger, in the prime of his career (25 years old), a better defender and could be both the small forward and the stretch four (which would, in theory, make it so the Spurs aren't forced to re-sign Bonner).

Portland getting Deng doesn't make sense to me because they have Batum. You can't have those two players on the same roster and keep both players happy. That's just impossible. Now with Pritchard out of the way, perhaps the Spurs are aiming for a way to get Batum. I haven't thought of a trade that makes sense for all three teams and brings Batum to the Spurs, though.

The Blazers have been throwing big offers around for point guards (like the offer they put on the table for Chris Paul) so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Portland would like Parker. To me, Parker makes much more sense to them than Deng.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

If Deng for RJ ($8M starting) and all 4 Spurs non-guaranteeds was on the table, would you take it? That makes sense for Chicago (clears another $3M in cap room) and for the Spurs (locks up a good young SF who should fit better than RJ).

Where would you put Deng on your top 30 list of SFs? I'd say right at the top, though he's rather overpaid.

And if the Spurs trade Parker, who's in play to get back? Rose is untouchable, the Bulls want a center (so Noah is probably untouchable too), and I can't think of anyone on the Blazers (other than Roy lol) who would be worth getting in return for Parker.

ChumpDumper
07-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Maybe they should do that more. The team played their best ball during that stretch.So they won the March championship.

Did that make you happy?

Big P
07-02-2010, 09:39 PM
If Deng for RJ ($8M starting) and all 4 Spurs non-guaranteeds was on the table, would you take it? That makes sense for Chicago (clears another $3M in cap room) and for the Spurs (locks up a good young SF who should fit better than RJ).

Where would you put Deng on your top 30 list of SFs? I'd say right at the top, though he's rather overpaid.

And if the Spurs trade Parker, who's in play to get back? Rose is untouchable, the Bulls want a center (so Noah is probably untouchable too), and I can't think of anyone on the Blazers (other than Roy lol) who would be worth getting in return for Parker.

Batum

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 09:41 PM
only players i want from portland and who are having trouble gettin minutes not what they expected....rudy, bayless....who else?

as for the bulls? they got quite a few good young SF players we can poach for, gibson and johnson...unless the bulls are thinkn of throwing in noah, i wouldnt mind him.

Mikesatx
07-02-2010, 09:42 PM
So they won the March championship.

Did that make you happy?

Actually that stretch did make me happy. Toughest competition and impressive play. Parker is a great player but you don't need a top tier point guard to win titles. Their play demonstrated that. Winning a title with Avery demonstrated that. The Lakers winning with Fisher demonstrated that. The Lakers had Magic and the Pistons Zeke but in my lifetime every other NBA champion had a point guard that was complimentary.

ChumpDumper
07-02-2010, 09:43 PM
ActuallyI believe it.

Are you still celebrating?

pad300
07-02-2010, 09:43 PM
How a Deng Trade works for SAS & CHI

If the Bulls are looking for some salary cap space (for 2 max contracts, if I understand their position correctly), without a huge talent downgrade,

Luol Deng ($11,345,000 in 10/11)
for
Curtis Jerrels (unguaranteed, $762,195) (expected to be let go immediately)
Richard Jefferson (S&T, $8,233,805 ,$9,098,354.53 , $10,053,681.75 , $11,109,318.33 - 4 years at 10.5% raises = $38,495,160)

Deng > Jefferson, but how much greater?

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 09:44 PM
So the Bulls want to trade Deng for a 'serviceable center'.

If Spurs involved, the center would be either Dice or Splitter.

But who then do we get from the Blazers?

greg oden + rudy + batum + pendagraph

dbestpro
Maybe it's Parker to the Portland for Deng and Fernandez.

timvp
Much more likely that any Spurs involvement is small to help make the numbers work. Something like 2 of the DLeague contracts for James Johnson.

That was my first reaction.

If Deng for RJ ($8M starting) and all 4 Spurs non-guaranteeds was on the table, would you take it? That makes sense for Chicago (clears another $3M in cap room) and for the Spurs (locks up a good young SF who should fit better than RJ).Meh. Wouldn't love it but better than nothing.

Where would you put Deng on your top 30 list of SFs? I'd say right at the top, though he's rather overpaid.Depends how much the others cost. I'd rather have Miller, Childress and Matthews as long as they aren't way overpaid.

Blackjack
07-02-2010, 09:46 PM

Deng never even crossed my mind. I thought immediately of the 3-way trade the Spurs got in on for Hedo and I'd guess -- as you suggest -- they're looking to do something simliar with those non-guaranteed contracts.

Which leads me to what I first posted about ...

The Blazers were interested in RJ before the Spurs landed him, so that's a tie. The Spurs went after Pryzbilla a few years back, that's a tie (but a shaky one when you consider he's now an expiring contract after the injury and not an on-court acquisition at this point), and then there's of course Nico. Mr. Batum -- we all know about those ties.

The Blazers just gave up Martell Webster (please get him in a Spurs uni) to get the rights to Babbitt. If the Blazers acquired Deng, that 3 spot gets a little more crowded (not that that's anything new up in Portland -- a team with often too much talent) and then you've got to take into consideration where Batum was last we checked: coming off a pretty serious shoulder injury that has had some concerned about him moving forward.

Pritchard's out, Batum's health is a bit of a question mark and Portland could possibly be all set at the 3.

Could the Spurs finally get a hold of their man?

Nah, they'll probably end up with Pargo. :downspin:

SpursTillTheEnd
07-02-2010, 09:46 PM
if hariston is traded it will be a huge mistake

Mikesatx
07-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I believe it.

Are you still celebrating?

Sorry, still typing

ChumpDumper
07-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Sorry, still typingToo late. I've moved on.

TD 21
07-02-2010, 09:49 PM

I agree. I threw out Batum for Blair and a 1st in the other thread, but I prefaced it by saying "I can't see it happening". Just thinking that the Spurs like Batum, Trail Blazers want a backup PF like Blair and if they acquire Deng, where would Batum fit in?

Parker's not Paul, but the Trail Blazers supposedly still want a PG, so would they take Parker, would the Spurs be desperate enough for Batum to give up Parker and would the Trail Blazers give up Batum in a deal for Parker?

scottspurs
07-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Well if something is going to happen it will happen soon because it sounds like the bulls are scrambling to get rid of Deng.

dbestpro
07-02-2010, 09:52 PM

For the team that gets him? He would get cut anyway and if the Spurs were that high on him they could just go back and resign him a little later.

timvp
07-02-2010, 09:52 PM

:lol I love Spurs fans.

timvp
07-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Parker's not Paul, but the Trail Blazers supposedly still want a PG, so would they take Parker, would the Spurs be desperate enough for Batum to give up Parker and would the Trail Blazers give up Batum in a deal for Parker?

Batum for Parker is a no-brainer for the Blazers. The Spurs would have to get a lot more to make it a fair deal on their end.

Blackjack
07-02-2010, 09:55 PM
For the team that gets him? He would get cut anyway and if the Spurs were that high on him they could just go back and resign him a little later.

Your hate is bountiful.

Bountiful ... it's a word.

doobs
Didn't Parker say the Spurs had been trying to trade him to Portland?

ChumpDumper
Batum for Parker is a no-brainer for the Blazers. The Spurs would have to get a lot more to make it a fair deal on their end.Oh, we'll get Dre Miller. It'll be great.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 09:56 PM
hey can we still do a sign n trade mason to either team?

Ice009
I agree. I threw out Batum for Blair and a 1st in the other thread, but I prefaced it by saying "I can't see it happening". Just thinking that the Spurs like Batum, Trail Blazers want a backup PF like Blair and if they acquire Deng, where would Batum fit in?

LOL Batum for Parker? WTF man.

You add Aldridge to Batum then I will start thinking about it.

WHY are most Spurs fan undervaluing TP?

picnroll
Batum for Parker is a no-brainer for the Blazers. The Spurs would have to get a lot more to make it a fair deal on their end.

Batum and Bayless?

Blackjack
07-02-2010, 09:57 PM

They'd have to be considering taking on Miller, right?

Kori Ellis
07-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Didn't Parker say the Spurs had been trying to trade him to Portland?

I believe he said that Portland had been interested in trading for him (and that the Spurs turned it down), not that the Spurs were trying to trade him to Portland.

Seventyniner
07-02-2010, 09:59 PM

Aldridge + Batum...now we're getting closer. Still not good enough, IMO; there are very few players I'd be willing to trade Parker for, and none of the Blazers (other than Roy) are on that list.

IcemanCometh
07-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Maybe its for Oden

timvp
07-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Batum and Bayless?

Bayless is a tiny two guard. He's even less of a point guard than Hill. I don't see how he helps the Spurs much at all.

Then again, Bayless destroyed the Spurs in that game last year and the Spurs always overvalue players who play well against them so who knows . . .

pad300
07-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Any Portland deal for Parker would have to include Miller - We would need a starting PG back. Such a deal would of course require further sweetening from the Blazers.

Parker for Miller, Oden

would pretty much be the minimum, IMO

timvp
07-02-2010, 10:01 PM
They'd have to be considering taking on Miller, right?

If the Spurs trade TP to the Blazers, Miller would almost have to be involved if for not other reason to match salaries.

But Miller can't shoot and can't defend so I can't image Pop would be too thrilled to add him.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Any Portland deal for Parker would have to include Miller - We would need a starting PG back. Such a deal would of course require further sweetening from the Blazers.

Parker for Miller, Oden

would pretty much be the minimum, IMO

whats millers contract obligations atm? didnt he sign some extention 2 seasons ago?

TD 21
07-02-2010, 10:03 PM

Not straight up, I just meant as part of a package. I assume the Spurs would get Bayless in the deal as well, with probably other moving parts.

Like I said, not straight up, but in a package deal. But it would be based around those two (and Deng, but I'm talking from a Spurs perspective).

Just thinking out loud, not saying any of this makes sense even. I'd have to take the time to think about it and see the totality of the deal. I'm just piecing some facts together and trying to come up with something that might happen.

Aldridge and Batum for Parker and you're laughing at me?

dbestpro
Your hate is bountiful.

Bountiful ... it's a word.

1. liberal in bestowing gifts, favors, or bounties; munificent; generous

Wow! My comments are generous!

pad300
whats millers contract obligations atm? didnt he sign some extention 2 seasons ago?

He expires next year, just like TP.

Shastafarian
07-02-2010, 10:04 PM
:lol You guys acting like this is actually gonna happen.

doobs
07-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I believe he said that Portland had been interested in trading for him (and that the Spurs turned it down), not that the Spurs were trying to trade him to Portland.

Ah, I see.

I suppose it could be that there was mutual interest in a trade involving Parker, but that Portland wasn't willing to give enough. Or perhaps the Spurs have had their sights set on a particular Blazer and approached Portland, which led to Portland asking for Parker.

Or maybe Portland made a completely unsolicited inquiry into Parker's availability.

I hate this time of year.

slick'81
07-02-2010, 10:05 PM
so wed be talking batum/miller for parker?!? i dont now about that

Ice009
07-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Aldridge + Batum...now we're getting closer. Still not good enough, IMO; there are very few players I'd be willing to trade Parker for, and none of the Blazers (other than Roy) are on that list.

Well someone proposed this trade in 2009 I think it was and I said NO way, then a little while later TP went off. He even beat the Blazers by himself 1 or 2 times that season.

I mean someone saying would the Blazers accept TP for Batum right now is laughable. The Blazers would have done that before the guy even pressed the send button on his post ;).

Aldridge with Batum would be the minimum for me to even consider it.

Blackjack
07-02-2010, 10:07 PM
If the Spurs trade TP to the Blazers, Miller would almost have to be involved if for not other reason to match salaries.

But Miller can't shoot and can't defend so I can't image Pop would be too thrilled to add him.

I feel ya. But I'm having a hard time seeing any scenario where the Spurs could send Parker to the Blazers and feel better about their chances to win next year or in the near future.

The closest thing to a lateral move at point while addressing the small forward need, would be Miller and Batum for Parker.

Not so much . . .

I just can't see a reasonable move that involves Parker in a 3-way trade with the teams involved -- and the Spurs are usually pretty reasonable.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-02-2010, 10:09 PM
on a serious note though so let me get this straight yall are willing to trade away our future but not trade parker who will be gone next year?

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 10:10 PM

thats a huge gamble right there, Patrick Mills/miller didnt even get that many minutes for the last 2 seasons, dunno why we should pull a trigger on him since his still a project...we need a real starting PG or Hill, but cmon 2 young pgs at the helm of teh spurs system?

unless we pulling this trade cause brett brown sees something we are not seeing?

TD 21
07-02-2010, 10:11 PM
I can't see it happening, either. Just trying to piece things together. Trail Blazers want a PG, Spurs have liked Batum for a long time, etc.

Mel_13 is probably right, if anything happens between these teams it'll probably be a few of the D-Leaguers going out and Johnson coming in.

Ice009, I said in a package deal, I didn't say straight up Parker for Batum. Aldridge and Batum a minimum for Parker? Are you insane? Maybe they should throw in Roy, Oden and three first round picks to balance it out.

Ice009
07-02-2010, 10:15 PM
I can't see it happening, either. Just trying to piece things together. Trail Blazers want a PG, Spurs have liked Batum for a long time, etc.

Mel_13 is probably right, if anything happens between these teams it'll probably be a few of the D-Leaguers going out and Johnson coming in.

Ice009, I said in a package deal, I didn't say straight up Parker for Batum. Aldridge and Batum a minimum for Parker? Are you insane? Maybe they should throw in Roy, Oden and three first round picks to balance it out.

TP is a better player than anyone on their roster not named Roy.

You never said anything about a package deal before. All you mentioned was Parker for Batum like Batum is the centerpiece of that trade.

TD 21
07-02-2010, 10:17 PM
I agree. But trades don't work that way. Usually, when a star is traded, you don't get another star back.

Well, I've been doing a lot of typing. But I did go back and clarify that, you can check back in this thread. Yeah, Batum probably would be the centerpiece of the return, but obviously it would take more than that to give up Parker.

Mikesatx
07-02-2010, 10:17 PM
There is a difference between getting the better player or player's versus making your team better.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 10:18 PM

sayin the spurs liking batum is like saying this board was going crazy when babbit was drafted b4 our pick, cmon now man....

Dro210
07-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Wow... lol.... Just like a lot of people are undervaluing Tony big time, many are also overrating the shit out of Batum.... Not saying I wouldn't like to get him, but I'm not giving up hardly anything to do it, much less Tony fuckin Finals MVP Parker.

Ice009
07-02-2010, 10:21 PM
There is a difference between getting the better player or player's versus making your team better.

Well we're not going to let Portland fleece us. Batum is NOT good enough as the centerpiece of a trade for TP. It's that simple. I'd rather let TP's contract expire if Portland aren't willing to pay for a prime time PG like TP and give us a very good offer. I don't want Miller and Batum, they're going to have to offer a decent big. I'd rather go with Hill at PG than Miller.

You don't get players like TP for peanuts and the Spurs should never trade him unless they get back equal value at the very least.

TD 21
07-02-2010, 10:21 PM
To give you an indication of how highly the Trail Blazers value Batum, they supposedly turned down the 4th pick in the draft for him.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 10:25 PM
To give you an indication of how highly the Trail Blazers value Batum, they supposedly turned down the 4th pick in the draft for him.

seriously he hasnt done shit so far to warrant that...thats just like what the rockets did forcing ariza to be no.1 option when he couldnt carry the load and was expose....batum is nothing special just like all those high school busts that came into the league who are out of league or just plain shitting in europe.

cd98
07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I think Chicago is trying to dump salary. So any deal they make will be for that purpose.

cd98
07-02-2010, 10:27 PM

Blazers overvalue their entire roster.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-02-2010, 10:27 PM
batum and patty mills and picks for parker do it

Mikesatx
07-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Well we're not going to let Portland fleece us. Batum is NOT good enough as the centerpiece of a trade for TP. It's that simple. I'd rather let TP's contract expire if Portland aren't willing to pay for a prime time PG like TP and give us a very good offer. I don't want Miller and Batum, they're going to have to offer a decent big. I'd rather go with Hill at PG than Miller.

You don't get players like TP for peanuts and the Spurs should never trade him unless they get back equal value at the very least.

Fair enough. I don't know if that is the right deal either. I just wouldn't get hung up if we get a player or players back that aren't as "talented" as Tony if it betters the team.

ohmwrecker
07-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know if the Blazers would already be able to include Ryan Gomes in a trade? Are there any restrictions involved?

Also, has that Hinrich trade gone through yet?

Drive Like Jehu
07-02-2010, 10:31 PM
blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/07/the-matt-bonner.html

Maybe Bonner to the Bulls for something less then Deng on either team?

FuzzyLumpkins
07-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Didnt realize that Deng shot 39% for 3 last year. Is his defense bad?

Dro210
07-02-2010, 10:32 PM

lol, wtf... you can't be serious? Patty Mills? I'd rather have a Patty Melt from Whataburger.

Chieflion
07-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Didnt realize that Deng shot 39% for 3 last year. Is his defense bad?

Deng is a good defender, a big part of the Bulls defense.

Ice009

lol. Are you a troll?

TimDunkem
Stupidest idea yet. That's like Bogut for Bonner.

spursbird
07-02-2010, 10:34 PM
How do you do blazer fans

FuzzyLumpkins
07-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Deng is a good defender, a big part of the Bulls defense.

Well no wonder we want him. 40% from 3, 46% from the field, 8 rpg and a + defender?

ohmwrecker

I'm willing to bet it will get stupider.

TDMVPDPOY
if we trade parker and not get a quality pg in return,

does that mean spurs are going to either sign a veteran pg or head over to europe and look for someone willing to sign for LLE?

Ice009

Nice. I like how u used another Australian to show how stupid that is.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-02-2010, 10:42 PM
lmao i was just playing around, but on the real yall think we can get gibson from the bulls?

Shastafarian
07-02-2010, 10:46 PM
lmao i was just playing around, but on the real yall think we can get gibson from the bulls?

No. 0% chance.

cd98
Parker won't be a part of this deal. We already turned down Portland's offers for Parker. And I'd bet nothing on the Chicago roster (other than their untradeables) would prompt Spurs to pull that trigger.

Besides, Parker will be worth way more by the trade deadline. No reason to trade him preseason.

TimDunkem
Why go after Gibson if you have Blair?

ohmwrecker
07-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Why go after Gibson if you have Blair?

Not saying it's a good reason, but isn't he 3" taller than Blair? He can play on the wing, too.

ChuckD
07-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Does anyone know if the Blazers would already be able to include Ryan Gomes in a trade? Are there any restrictions involved?

Also, has that Hinrich trade gone through yet?

I think Gomes was waived already. They had to let him go by 30 June, I believe, to get the salary break.

TimDunkem
07-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Not saying it's a good reason, but isn't he 3" taller than Blair?
Yeah, but their length is about the same (Blair's reach is a an inch or so shorter than Gibson's), and I'd say Blair is still the better rebounder and offensive player.

EricB
07-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Luol Deng is the epitome of a walking mash unit...

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 11:03 PM

i to find him overrated man

angelbelow
07-02-2010, 11:05 PM
so we are trying to end up with deng? i cant see why portland would even need deng.

ezau
07-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Fuck deng. He's an injury waiting to happen

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-02-2010, 11:07 PM

Bonner's a walking defensive turn style, but you still pine for him in a Spurs jersey...

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Deng's contract sucks and he's injury prone, but he would be a significant upgrade over Jefferson, no doubt about that..much better defender, better shooter, much better rebounder, much better ability to play the small-ball 4, much more valuable to his team..

EricB
07-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Bonner's a walking defensive turn style, but you still pine for him in a Spurs jersey...

Uh do not. But as usual you make shit up.

EricB
07-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Deng's contract sucks and he's injury prone, but he would be a significant upgrade over Jefferson, no doubt about that..much better defender, better shooter, much better rebounder, much better ability to play the small-ball 4, much more valuable to his team..

Yeah perfect fit. That's why it'll never happen...

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2010, 11:17 PM
I agree, it won't happen..I doubt the Spurs even get involved in a minor way..

Chieflion
07-02-2010, 11:18 PM
I have been hearing Okur for Deng too, which is weird from both sides.

tim_duncan_fan
07-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Who are we kidding here?

We all know that Richard Jefferson be back next year. We won't be getting Deng or Matt Barnes or Wesley Matthews or any other player worth a damn.

On top this, our favorite player, Matt Bonner will be back as well.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! :lobt2: :flag:

EricB
07-02-2010, 11:26 PM
You've go two shooting guards as point guards. Awesome.

tim_duncan_fan
07-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Hill Bayless
Manu Anderson
Deng Hairston
TD Blair Richards
Splitter Dice

Not bad on paper, good mix of experiance and youth...getting bigger, better on D more athletic and younger.

I like this team, but we really would need a ball-handler. I suppose we could have Manu run the point and sign some rinky dink vet PG to back him up but idk about that...I still think we would need a viable starting point guard.

I love Hill but he can't pass for shit and he looked uncomfortable taking charge and running the plays in his few opportunities to do so, which came when he didn't immediately give the ball to Manu.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 11:32 PM
I like this team, but we really would need a ball-handler. I suppose we could have Manu run the point and sign some rinky dink vet PG to back him up but idk about that...I still think we would need a viable starting point guard.

I love Hill but he can't pass for shit and he looked uncomfortable taking charge and running the plays in his few opportunities to do so, which came when he didn't immediately give the ball to Manu.

how about the blazers get deng

we get batum + rudy? seems like a fair deal to me

then we can sign and trade mason to trade if contracts need to be match

timvp
07-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Back when RC was scouting Rudy in Europe, he came to the conclusion that Rudy is an emo. As it turns out, it looks like RC was right.

07-02-2010, 11:34 PM
i thought the original post said deng to portland, not deng to san antonio. don't know why people are discussing deng's merits when it's portland that would end up with him.

ducks
07-02-2010, 11:39 PM
spurs could use rudy

baseline bum
07-02-2010, 11:41 PM
The Spurs are trying to land a career 11% playoff 3-point shooter with $51 million left on his contract? No fucking way.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2010, 11:42 PM
if we are not gettin deng, but other pieces like batum, rudy or bayless...

what are your thoughts on gibson or james johnson from the bulls? can they hit the outside shot?

ps. we gettin draft picks is no point to us since both teams looks like 50 win teams with picks in the high 20s

tim_duncan_fan
07-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Funny Hill seems to be OK as a back up pg but as a starter everyone has a problem with it......Do you not have the same problem calling him a SG at 6-2 189 lbs when the avg SG is 6-6 220lb?

Im all for keeping TP, but not if we are not gonna be able to compete for a title this year and lose him next year for nothing.

Hill hasn't been okay as the back-up point though. He never ran the offense and rarely made passing plays. I do think we need to get something out of Tony while we can. I think he's def out of here after next year. The thing is, we absolutely can not max him because we've seen that he is losing his speed. He's not gonna be the Parker of 2007. If we can get some youth and potential in here for him, I am all for it.

The Spurs are trying to land a career 11% playoff 3-point shooter with $51 million left on his contract? No fucking way.

Woah, really? Well fuck that. Absolutely no playoff chumps this year guys.

NONE!

Kindergarten Cop
07-02-2010, 11:51 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16647

Jason Fleming - 07/02/2010 11:36pm EST-

Regarding that Bulls-Blazers rumor below - why would it happen? Chicago would cut $1.6 million off their commitments for 2010-11. Deng makes $11.3 million while Bayless and Przybilla only $9.7 million. It doesn't seem intuitive since Deng is Chicago's main asset to use in a sign-and-trade to get a superstar, but this move might get them far enough under the cap to sign two max players outright.

Why would Portland do it? Well, Przybilla may not come back from his knee injuries and Bayless may be redundant now that they drafted Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Williams - maybe. It could hurt the development of Nicolas Batum, but at the same time Deng is a very valuable - albeit expensive - third option type player.

Again, as Bill noted, this is just a rumor - I just wanted to put some perspective around it as to why it might be logical. With the talk the Bulls may have Dwyane Wade leaning their way while they also wine and dine Chris Bosh in anticipation of talking with LeBron James tomorrow, it makes a lot of sense for the them.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16647#ixzz0sakb5nbU

spursfan1000
07-02-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm hoping we can get a deal done, any deal please.

07-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Why would Portland do it? Well, Przybilla may not come back from his knee injuries and Bayless may be redundant now that they drafted Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Williams - maybe. It could hurt the development of Nicolas Batum, but at the same time Deng is a very valuable - albeit expensive - third option type player.
:rollin

DynastyBuilder
07-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Williams

Goodtimes.

Kindergarten Cop
07-02-2010, 11:53 PM

Bayless may be redundant now that they drafted Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Williams

:lol:rollin:lol

Steve-O-Matic
07-03-2010, 12:16 AM
This would work:

CHI gets:
Joel Przybilla
(and desired cap space)

POR gets:
Tony Parker

SA gets:
Luol Deng
Nicolas Batum
Jerryd Bayless

montgod
07-03-2010, 12:23 AM
As others have said, in short, SA would be a third team to help facilitate the trade and assume a small part of the trading piece(s). My guess would be Bayless or Batum. I don't think a major player (TP) or S&T (RJ) is being discussed from SA end.

In the end, we will just have to wait and see if anything pans out from this rumor.

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Hey Kori, I assume you are reading this. I would still like to be banned for a few months because of rumors like this that will have about 15 pages in a few hours. So if I am not ban I will make up a rumor saying that I was told by my higher sources a blockbuster involving the Spurs and Tony Parker is close to happening. In which case about 25,000 people will come to the message board, the thread will be huge in a matter of minutes and Jeff McDonald will post twitter updates and make a story about the fake deal all before you can say Big Dipper 5 times fast.

Agreed...this thing was flimsy from the start and it's just turned gawd awful.

ducks
07-03-2010, 12:35 AM
CSNChicago

RT @CSNBullsInsider Unconfirmed speculation has #Bulls putting deal in place to send #Deng to #Blazers for Jerryd #Bayless & Joel #Pryzbilla half a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone
from nba forum

stxspurs
07-03-2010, 12:41 AM
where are the spurs involved then

Blackjack
07-03-2010, 12:47 AM
where are the spurs involved then

If I had to guess, they were trying to stick their nose in it to help make the numbers work and hopefully come out with a helpful player (i.e. Hedo and Mercer in '04).

I guess there's a possibility the Spurs could have interest in Bayless -- timvp was dead on to note the Spurs' proclivity to overvalue or be drawn to those that light them up -- but he's also a cheap player that would be helpful in filling out a roster that's going to be in need of players and short on cash, should they get a Wade and Bosh.

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 12:47 AM
CSNChicago

RT @CSNBullsInsider Unconfirmed speculation has #Bulls putting deal in place to send #Deng to #Blazers for Jerryd #Bayless & Joel #Pryzbilla half a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone
from nba forum

Unconfirmed speculation = saw it on this dude's twitter account

2pac
07-03-2010, 12:55 AM
If Chicago decides to go for Bosh+Wade, and Bron decides to resign with Cleveland and give them one more chance:

Chicago outgoing:
Luol Deng 11.36
James Johnson 1.7
Taj Gibson 1.1
-------------------
14.16mm

Chicago incoming:
Delonte West: 4.66 (unguaranteed)
Joel Pryzbilla 7.4
Nicolas Batum 1.2
-----------------
13.26mm (8.6mm after you cut that motherfucker West)

Portland outgoing:
Joel Pryzbilla 7.4
Jerryd Bayless 2.2
Nic Batum 1.2
Dre Miller 7.2
--------------------
18mm

Portland Incoming:
James Johnson 1.7
Jamaro Moon 3.0
Tony Parker 13.5
--------------
18.2mm

SA Outgoing
Parker: 13.5
------------
13.5mm

SA Incoming:
Deng 11.36
Taj 1.1
Bayless 2.2
-------------------
14.66mm

Cleveland outgoing:
West: 4.66
Moon 3.0
-------
7.66mm

Cleveland Incoming:
Dre Miller 7.2mm

New Rosters:
Chicago:
Noah/Pryzybilla
Bosh
Batum
Wade
Rose

PORTLAND:
Odom/Camby
TheMarcus
Babbitt/Johnson/Moon
Roy/Fernandez/Williams
Tony Parker/AmonJohnson

Spurs:
Dice/Splitter
Duncan/Blair
Deng/Gibson
Ginobili/Anderson
Hill/Bayless

Cleveland
Varajao
Jamison/Hickson
LeBron
Parker
DreMiller/MoWilliams/Boobie

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 12:58 AM
If Chicago decides to go for Bosh+Wade, and Bron decides to resign with Cleveland and give them one more chance:

Chicago outgoing:
Luol Deng 11.36
James Johnson 1.7
Taj Gibson 1.1
-------------------
14.16mm

Chicago incoming:
Delonte West: 4.66 (unguaranteed)
Joel Pryzbilla 7.4
Nicolas Batum 1.2
-----------------
13.26mm (8.6mm after you cut that motherfucker West)

Portland outgoing:
Joel Pryzbilla 7.4
Jerryd Bayless 2.2
Nic Batum 1.2
Dre Miller 7.2
--------------------
18mm

Portland Incoming:
James Johnson 1.7
Jamaro Moon 3.0
Tony Parker 13.5
--------------
18.2mm

SA Outgoing
Parker: 13.5
------------
13.5mm

SA Incoming:
Deng 11.36
Taj 1.1
Bayless 2.2
-------------------
14.66mm

Cleveland outgoing:
West: 4.66
Moon 3.0
-------
7.66mm

Cleveland Incoming:
Dre Miller 7.2mm

New Rosters:
Chicago:
Noah/Pryzybilla
Bosh
Batum
Wade
Rose

PORTLAND:
Odom/Camby
TheMarcus
Babbitt/Johnson/Moon
Roy/Fernandez/Williams
Tony Parker/AmonJohnson

Spurs:
Dice/Splitter
Duncan/Blair
Deng/Gibson
Ginobili/Anderson
Hill/Bayless

Cleveland
Varajao
Jamison/Hickson
LeBron
Parker
DreMiller/MoWilliams/Boobie

Holy shit...how long did that trade take you to make up? And what odds do you put on it actually going through like that?

Chieflion
07-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Holy shit...how long did that trade take you to make up? And what odds do you put on it actually going through like that?

0%. LeBron is not going back to Cleveland.

jesterbobman
07-03-2010, 12:59 AM
I also think if anything, we're sending non guaranteed guys to get a SF prospect. Parker's value is severely depressed right now, might as well wait till it picks up. I doubt that the Bulls would trade Gibson(Will be either #2 or 3 big man for them next season depending on who comes) but a James Johnson/Rudy Fernandez steal for 2 expiring contract guys could be reasonable, especially as the 2/3 positions are relatively interchangeable for the Spurs offense.

2pac
07-03-2010, 01:00 AM
I forgot to mention that in this deal, Jefferson isn't touched, so we can still S&T him for picks, a SG (our weakness now) or just a trade exception.

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 01:01 AM
0%. LeBron is not going back to Cleveland.

In reality or the GM game? Wait..what thread are we in?!?!? j/k

2pac
07-03-2010, 01:01 AM
I also think if anything, we're sending non guaranteed guys to get a SF prospect. Parker's value is severely depressed right now, might as well wait till it picks up. I doubt that the Bulls would trade Gibson(Will be either #2 or 3 big man for them next season depending on who comes) but a James Johnson/Rudy Fernandez steal for 2 expiring contract guys could be reasonable, especially as the 2/3 positions are relatively interchangeable for the Spurs offense.

Bulls trade Gibson and never look back if it means they get 2 of the big 3 of Bosh/Wade/Bron. You don't refuse to do that deal when you can't get two of those guys if you don't give him up.

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 01:08 AM
It took 6 pages, but a terribly flimsy rumor turned into the most complex fictional trade I've ever seen. I'd move on if I wasn't so impressed with the turn of events.

Gotta ask you though 2Pac...how realistic would you say your trade is?

jag
07-03-2010, 01:08 AM
The spurs need to:

1. trade Parker for Miller and Rudy + filler
2. Forget signing Jefferson...he doesn't fit anyway
3. Use the LLE to sign a star backup PG and a sniper for backup SF
4. Go with Hill, Anderson, Hairston, Duncan and Splitter (fingers crossed). Bring Rudy, Manu, Miller and Blair off the bench....

Badda bing

Badda boom

jesterbobman
07-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Yea obviously They'd do that. But I think they'd rather toss in futures 1st or give away Johnson, considering Gibson is locked in at a low cost(The 26th pick), and Fits for them, as well as being more valuable to them than to other teams(Where he'd be a lot lower on the depth chart.) He's not on the untradable level of Rose and Noah, but I doubt a team is going to hold out for him.

Blackjack
07-03-2010, 01:13 AM
The spurs need to:

4. Go with Hill, Anderson, Hairston, Duncan and Splitter (fingers crossed). Bring Rudy, Manu, Miller and Blair off the bench....

Badda bing

Badda boom

Or they could just use the trade exception they hopefully get for RJ to snag Martell Webster, bring Splitter over and call it an offseason -- seems like a lot less work and a lot less words . . .

GSH
07-03-2010, 01:21 AM
1. Portland wants Deng. Nothing about this rumor inidcated Deng might come here.
2. Portland wouldn't help the Spurs get Deng, unless they would also improve tremendously.
3. Even without 1&2, the Spurs couldn't possibly match salaries in a deal that featured Hill. Acquiring Deng would pretty much require trading Parker or Ginobili.

When it suggests that the Spurs are trying to "get in on the trade" it doesn't mean that there is a chance that we get Luol Deng out of the deal. If it's not a complete fabrication, it just means that the Spurs think they see a way of obtaining a cheaper player or a draft pick by facilitating a trade, or possibly squeezing out a little bit more cap room.

I can think of a couple of possibilities, but I'm too tired and lazy to check if any of them apply right now:

Is this the season the Blazers could extend Bayless' rookie deal? If it is, he would become a base-year player, which could screw up the numbers for the trade if it progresses. That might require getting a third team involved. Maybe the Blazers want to consider trading Bayless, but don't want to risk not extending him, if a deal doesn't happen?

Maybe the Spurs are trying to find a way to squeeze some value out of an exception? I don't remember if they have any available right now, but that would fit for them to be "involved", without a major player on the table. I think it is possible that some of the owners might be inclined to facilitate deals that are strictly financial, if they have an impact on the cap over the next couple of seasons.

The Spurs may have reason to believe that the Blazers would part with Batum. If so, it's a small enough chunk of salary that they might be able to pull it off - especially if it helps facilitate a deal to bring Deng to Portland. Deng would make Portland a lot better. I can see them being so interested that they would consider a deal that helps the Spurs, as long as it doesn't help us TOO much. Maybe Gee gets sent to Chicago in the process?

EricB
07-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Or they could just use the trade exception they hopefully get for RJ to snag Martell Webster, bring Splitter over and call it an offseason -- seems like a lot less work and a lot less words . . .

Why would Minnesota do that.

tim_duncan_fan
07-03-2010, 01:23 AM
All I know is that Richard "I figuratively and literally suck balls" Jefferson better not be on this roster next year.

I don't care if we sign and trade him for a cardboard cut-out of Michael Olowokandi, just get his ass out of here.

jag
07-03-2010, 01:25 AM

Um...because the Spurs already have a starting SF.

Webster isn't worth that money when he's just gonna ride the bench. And since when was Webster available?

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 01:26 AM
I think that this flimsy ambiguous rumor that states simply "Spurs getting involved", which precedes, but is not attached to, a proposed trade NOT appearing to involve the Spurs has created waaay too much chatter.

This thread is atrocious.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2010, 01:27 AM
actually b4 we pull any trades

first we must get pen to paper with splitter, that is no.1 priority

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2010, 01:29 AM
I think that this flimsy ambiguous rumor that states simply "Spurs getting involved", which precedes, but is not attached to, a proposed trade NOT appearing to involve the Spurs has created waaay too much chatter.

This thread is atrocious.

for the last 5-6 years, any FA with a brain who mentions the spurs are in discussion, always end up gettin a payrise on their new contract, cause teams will try to outbid the spurs offer and rely on spurs scouting when they have no connection just that the spurs are interested they must be doing something right, lets jump the gun b4 they put in a offer....look at how many long 3s we have missed out over the years...

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 01:35 AM
for the last 5-6 years, any FA with a brain who mentions the spurs are in discussion, always end up gettin a payrise on their new contract, cause teams will try to outbid the spurs offer and rely on spurs scouting when they have no connection just that the spurs are interested they must be doing something right, lets jump the gun b4 they put in a offer....look at how many long 3s we have missed out over the years...

Well, the Blazers can have this one...he'll make $50M for the next 4yrs, while likely not being worth it, and occupy a spot in the depth chart directly ahead of Batum (who could end up being the better of the two if he got PT).

Sounds good to me.

Danny.Zhu
07-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Get Batum please...

2pac
07-03-2010, 01:45 AM
It took 6 pages, but a terribly flimsy rumor turned into the most complex fictional trade I've ever seen. I'd move on if I wasn't so impressed with the turn of events.

Gotta ask you though 2Pac...how realistic would you say your trade is?

Realistic? No clue. It works financially for all teams.

The biggest thing is that Cleveland isn't going to be in it if it gets Bron moved to Chicago. So Bron has to stay for it to work.

Cleveland has been trying everything to get a PG, and Andre is old, but he is still better than what Cleveland has, and it lets Mo play more SG.

Portland wants Deng, but they have wanted that franchise PG for years, and this trade gets it to them. Portland is young and RAW now at SF, but they are absolutely studly at PG/SG/PF and very good at Center. I think you take that. As much as Portland would like to upgrade at SF, Parker is a HUGE upgrade over Miller and a player they have wanted for a long time. Parker+JamesJohnson+JamaroMoon>>>>DENG. That's why Portland does it.

SA obviously gets younger and deeper up front, but we also become very thin at SG/PG.

Chicago gets Bosh+Wade and keeps Noah+Rose. They obviously want to keep Gibson, but I think they need to drop him financially. I would put someone other than West in the trade, but I don't know who else isn't guaranteed other than the big oaf in Dallas.

Now, how realistic? Well, I came up with it myself. I think it really benefits all teams, and it works financially. Cleveland gets the least amount of talent, but they also only send Moon/West (who is getting cut anyway) and getting their starting PG.

The trade that is being talked about: Deng for Bayless/Pryzizizizbilla doesn't clear enough cap space for Chicago, so there is really no benefit of doing it. Chicago needs closer to 4mm cleared, and that deal only clears ~1.5mm. This deal clears almost 5mm.

Blackjack
07-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Why would Minnesota do that.

I'll make sure I'm not as careless with the color of ink next time.

Um...because the Spurs already have a starting SF.

Webster isn't worth that money when he's just gonna ride the bench. And since when was Webster available?

Who's their starting forward if they acquire Webster for a trade exception from RJ?

Point is, Webster's exactly what they need from their starting forward but it's extremely unlikely he'd be able to be had (in a logical world, that is -- his GM is Kahn after all) -- I figured you were being a bit facetious with your post, figured I'd make it easier on you.

Badda bing

Badda boom :hat

Ditty
07-03-2010, 02:01 AM
Fixed

This would work:

CHI gets:
Joel Przybilla
(and desired cap space)

POR gets:
Tony Parker
Luol Deng

SA gets:
Rudy Fernandez
Nicolas Batum
Jerryd Bayless

Steve-O-Matic
07-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Fixed

Not fixed. Portland is over the cap and under that trade proposal Portland would have nearly $25M of incoming contracts (Deng/Parker) and nowhere near that amount going out. That trade wouldn't work.

50 cent
07-03-2010, 03:19 AM
All I know is that Richard "I figuratively and literally suck balls" Jefferson better not be on this roster next year.

I don't care if we sign and trade him for a cardboard cut-out of Michael Olowokandi, just get his ass out of here.

This is stupid. We need him at this point. Him opting out is looking pretty shitty for us if we don't have some previously agreed upon deal.

Chill with the hate and open your fucking eyes.

tim_duncan_fan
07-03-2010, 03:26 AM
This is stupid. We need him at this point. Him opting out is looking pretty shitty for us if we don't have some previously agreed upon deal.

Chill with the hate and open your fucking eyes.

The point is that he really didn't contribute enough to be irreplaceable.

You guys are just panicking right now because it's the offseason, shit's flying around and everyone is excited.

We can and will make do without his 12 points and 4 rebounds.

It makes no sense for everyone to be going "OH NOES WE HAVE NO SMALL FORWARD!" We'll find another guy if need be. Bruce Bowen was no stat machine and we were just fine.

Re fucking lax.

Beyonce was singing about Richard Jefferson.

2pac
07-03-2010, 03:28 AM
The point is that he really didn't contribute enough to be irreplaceable.

You guys are just panicking right now because it's the offseason, shit's flying around and everyone is excited.

We can and will make do without his 12 points and 4 rebounds.

It makes no sense for everyone to be going "OH NOES WE HAVE NO SMALL FORWARD!" We'll find another guy if need be. It's not as if Bruce Bowen was a stat machine and we were just fine.

Re fucking lax.

Beyonce was singing about Richard Jefferson.

There is a huge drop off between Jefferson and Harrison. We have NO ONE if we don't make a move and Splitter will likely take most of the MLE, if not all.

Jefferson wasn't who we expected, but without some sort of move to fill his void, we are losing 5-10 more games next year, which puts us as a borderline playoff team. Anyone who thinks we are a better team is he walks away is a huge moron.

tim_duncan_fan
07-03-2010, 03:34 AM
There is a huge drop off between Jefferson and Harrison. We have NO ONE if we don't make a move and Splitter will likely take most of the MLE, if not all.

Jefferson wasn't who we expected, but without some sort of move to fill his void, we are losing 5-10 more games next year, which puts us as a borderline playoff team.

Look we have a ton of ifs going into this season, so many that RJ could not make or break us. If Splitter pulls weight and Anderson pulls weight, then we just need a defensive guy at the small forward who can play D and grab a couple boards.

If Splitter and Anderson pull weight then it's a whole new team anyway. If they can't pull weight, we're fucked whether we've got RJ, Hairston, Matt Barnes, Joe Blow or a cardboard cut-out of Michael Olowokandi at the 3.

venitian navigator
07-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Jefferson looks like a better fit than Deng to play with Rose, and Deng a better fit of RJ to play with us...the only way I look at this trade is just if we take Portland's place and we sell Jefferson (at a lower price than Deng in sign and trade, so CHI can have the desired cap space) for Deng.

50 cent
07-03-2010, 04:01 AM
Look we have a ton of ifs going into this season, so many that RJ could not make or break us. If Splitter pulls weight and Anderson pulls weight, then we just need a defensive guy at the small forward who can play D and grab a couple boards.

If Splitter and Anderson pull weight then it's a whole new team anyway. If they can't pull weight, we're fucked whether we've got RJ, Hairston, Matt Barnes, Joe Blow or a cardboard cut-out of Michael Olowokandi at the 3.

That's just a ridiculous thing to say at this point in the offseason. We all thing rookies are going to contriubte and it just doesn't work that way. Frankly, we will need RJ and he will be much better in our system next year.

Unless we can find a great S&T or TE for RJ, then we need him on this team.

Bruno
07-03-2010, 04:51 AM
Spurs part could be a small one. just take a look at Bulls financial situation:

The salary cap is projected at $56.1M. The max FA value for players like James, Bosh or Wade is $16,568,908 and Bulls want to add 2 of them.

Bulls' team salary:
Deng: $11,345,000
Rose: $5,546,160
Noah: $3,128,536
Johnson: $1,713,600
Gibson: $1,117,680
Max FA: $16,568,908
Roster Charge: $473,604

Total: $58,830,416

Bulls need to save $2.73M to have enough cap space for 2 max players.
Trading both Johnson and Gibson for nothing won't be enough because 2 additional roster charges will be created.

The Deng for Pryz + Bayless for Deng will save them $1.01M. They still will need to lower their payroll by $1.72M to have enough cap space.

Spurs will all their non guaranteed contract could be part of the equation. They can take 2 players among Gibson, Johnson and Bayless to put Bulls enough below the cap.

timvp
07-03-2010, 04:57 AM
Spurs part could be a small one. just take a look at Bulls financial situation:

The salary cap is projected at $56.1M. The max FA value for players like James, Bosh or Wade is $16,568,908 and Bulls want to add 2 of them.

Bulls' team salary:
Deng: $11,345,000
Rose: $5,546,160
Noah: $3,128,536
Johnson: $1,713,600
Gibson: $1,117,680

Total: $58,830,416

Bulls need to save $2.73M to have enough cap space for 2 max players.
Trading both Johnson and Gibson for nothing won't be enough because 2 additional roster charges will be created.

The Deng for Pryz + Bayless for Deng will save them $1.01M. They still will need to lower their payroll by $1.72M to have enough cap space.

Spurs will all their non guaranteed contract could be part of the equation. They can take 2 players among Gibson, Johnson and Bayless to put Bulls enough below the cap.

Nice work.

I can't imagine the Bulls give Gibson away for nothing. He's too damn good. Johnson and Bayless? Meh, decent prospects but nothing to get excited about. I'd take 'em for the non-guaranteed contracts ... but that's not saying much.

Bruno
07-03-2010, 05:17 AM
If Spurs want Deng, I can see 2 trades that makes sense for both sides:

Case 1: Lebron goes to Chicago:
Deng for Dice + Mason(S&T, starting salary of $2.52M) + Hairston + Jerrells
Create $4M in capspace for Bulls.

Case 2: Lebron doesn't go to Chicago:
Deng for RJ (S&T, starting salary of $7.4M) + Hairston + Jerrels

Both trades will allow Chicago to sign 2 max FA.The first one is the better financially wise for Spurs but the worst basketball wise.

lcroock
07-03-2010, 05:36 AM

Both trades will allow Chicago to sign 2 max FA.The first one is the better financially wise for Spurs but the worst basketball wise.

The Spurs, since they are over the cap or close to it, would have to be within 90% of Deng's salary. They cannot trade less for more as you are proposing.

Bruno
07-03-2010, 06:06 AM
The Spurs, since they are over the cap or close to it, would have to be within 90% of Deng's salary. They cannot trade less for more as you are proposing.

These trades work under the CBA

Spurs can't take more than 125%+100k in a trade and these trades respect that rule.

tdunk21
07-03-2010, 07:27 AM

dang......good work yo......u deserve a job at the spurs FO....u will get things done for the fans....lol

dbestpro
07-03-2010, 08:58 AM

You can trust Bruno more than you can RC Buford when it comes to the numbers.

wut
07-03-2010, 09:20 AM

yeh Case 2 actually makes a TON of sense for the bulls; If they could snag Bosh, RJ and Wade...that's a done deal; especially intriguing when Wade's latest comments are: "Things are getting very interesting," Wade said after the meeting (with the Bulls). I don't see Wade and Lebron working on the same team...which leads me to believe the above is a more likely/favorable situation for Wade.

For the Spurs it's win imo as well; however we still need to find a solid 3 point shooter.

The Portland-Bulls deal looks bad compared to what the Spurs could offer the Bulls.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2010, 10:07 AM
The spurs need to:

Badda bing

Badda boom

#1 is a horrible trade for us. End of discussion.

SpurCharger
07-03-2010, 10:08 AM

POR - Jefferson
SAS - Deng
I would Like This Deal.... Im Not Saying Deng Is Better Then Jefferson, But I do think he fits our system better.

Big P
07-03-2010, 10:37 AM
#3..You think we can sign a "star" backup PG & a "sniper" sf for a million a piece?

Dr Cox
07-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I see deng as that marvin williams type player that half of this board is in love with..

he would fit well here

man there is no love for TP on this board....

only trade i would do with the blazers is
LA and miller for parker

Blackjack
07-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Deng for Przybilla and Bayless? (http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-bulls-confidential/2010/07/deng-for-przybilla-and-bayless.html)
Mark Deeks (Sham)

A story on ESPN Radio - thus, no link - reports that the Bulls are discussing a trade with Portland that would see Luol Deng shipped out to the Blazers in exchange for Joel Przybilla and Jerryd Bayless.

Trying to dissect the history of the rumour is not easy, and it may of course be a baseless one. It seems increasingly baseless when you consider that the trade does nothing for Portland. Przybilla and Bayless are both expendable parts with the additions of Marcus Camby, Armon Johnson and Elli0t Williams over the last few months, yet there's no need for the team to acquire the incredibly expensive Deng just to back up golden boy Nicolas Batum (arguably the better player of the two already).

Nevertheless, it's out there.

The trade works financially, and is extremely beneficial to the Bulls in that regard. Przybilla is set to make $7,405,300 this season: however, he also has a 15% trade kicker, which would be invoked. With that in play, that will rise to $8,516,095. Meanwhile, Bayless is to earn $2,292,600, the duo combining for $10,808,695. This represents a $536,305 saving on Luol Deng's $11,345,000, a small but significant amount. If James Johnson and Taj Gibson are then shipped elsewhere, the Bulls have gotten their hallowed two max slots.

They'll also have gotten two decent players. Przybilla has all the offensive finesse of a three week old coffee, but he's a huge guy with great shot blocking instincts, who rebounds, moves well enough, runs the pick and roll and screens all night. (He unofficially holds the NBA record for most screens set in a half, and by "unofficially", I mean "I can't prove that but heard it once.") Przybilla is coming off of a bad knee injury, yet the healthy Przy was a fine player with plenty of defensively ability and an amusingly protracted free throw stroke. These things are unlikely to have changed.

Bayless has long been a name targetted by the Bulls; supposedly, a Hinrich trade was called off when the Bulls demanded Bayless in return. He's an undersized two guard without a great jumpshot, but with fine shot-making talent, dynamic ability in the open floor and exceptionally good at getting to the line. His opportunities with Portland have been sporadic and inconsistent, but when he's been given the opportunity to play due to injuries to others, he has performed fairly well, including 31 and 29 point games against the Spurs and Suns respectively.

Of course, if the Bulls wish to keep Taj instead, Bayless could be sent to the Clippers (say) and the money could be opened up that way. However the particulars of the deal work out, though, the Bulls are now mentioned in a trade where they get two good players and the two best contracts for a player they're currently shopping hard to a bunch of buyers that don't want him.

Which is probably why it won't happen.

Bruno
07-03-2010, 05:42 PM

I'm quoting myself but the more I think about it the more I like this trade for both teams with Chicago signing Lebron and Wade.

Bulls are also a team that is interested in Mason. :stirpot:

DPG21920
07-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't think Deng is a great fit and his contract sucks for the spurs.

Ice009
07-03-2010, 09:57 PM
I don't think Deng is a great fit and his contract sucks for the spurs.

And I don't want to give up a big for him like McDyess either. We need depth with the bigs.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2010, 11:07 PM
dude i think we should be gettin back more in return for helping them out clear cap space

Blackjack
07-04-2010, 12:24 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/10o4g8l.gif

:rollin

Mel_13
07-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Spurs would be much better getting Pryzbilla, Batum and and Rudy and find a vet pg with the lle.

Start Hill Rudy Batum TD and Splitter, bring Manu Blair Pryzbilla Anderson Temple or other vet pg off the bench. We also have Dice still on the roster.

I like that line up as it gives us great size, depth youth and athletic ability.

You do realize that Pryz may never play basketball again? His injury was similar to the one that cost Dice almost two full seasons earlier in his career. His contract is better than the average expiring contract since its likely that a good chunk of 2010-11 salary will be paid by insurance.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Spurs would be much better getting Pryzbilla, Batum and and Rudy and find a vet pg with the lle.

Start Hill Rudy Batum TD and Splitter, bring Manu Blair Pryzbilla Anderson Temple or other vet pg off the bench. We also have Dice still on the roster.

I like that line up as it gives us great size, depth youth and athletic ability.

Pryz will likely never play another minute in the NBA. Batum has shoulder problems. Yeah, trading a Finals MVP / All-Star PG for two walking wounded. How is that in any way a good trade for us?