PDA

View Full Version : Amare trying to get Parker in NYC

mike20spurs
07-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Amare Stoudemire reportedly thinks he can help get either LeBron James or Tony Parker to New York, if he agrees to sign the max offer that's believed to be coming to him.
Stoudemire and the Knicks appear to need each other, as rumors swirl that the Knicks presentation to LeBron was not all that great, and owners haven't been knocking down Stoudemire's door to offer him a max deal. We doubt that LeBron will be motivated to go to New York to play with Amare, and Stoudemire has also been texting the Spurs' Tony Parker. Whether he can get other big names to join him remains to be seen, but we doubt he's going to get a better offer than the Knicks are floating out there.

Jul. 2 - 10:14 pm et
Source: Alan Hahn on Twitter

tim_duncan_fan
07-03-2010, 01:07 AM
lololololololol!

One problem with that:

The Spurs don't want anything New York has.

2pac
07-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Coool deal, bra. Parker isn't a FA and the Knicks don't have anything the Spurs want.

Obstructed_View
I put it in the free agency thread.

rayray2k8
Doesn't just have to be the Knicks. Suns could probably get in this deal as well as a 4th team.

Dave McNulla
07-03-2010, 01:11 AM
i don't get it. parker is a one man fast break, a one man slash to the basket. he's really freaking good at it. but he isn't going to set up amare with anything.

AFBlue
07-03-2010, 01:15 AM
I'm sure a lot of superstars would like to have other superstars on their teams...gives them a better chance to win. The only way this becomes a story is if Parker responds by saying he'd like to join Amare.

Whisky Dog
07-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Well of course he won't join him this year, but if the Spurs don't move him soon he'll just walk after the season and possibly go to NY if they make a splash this offseason with Amare + other pieces. Parker most likely sees the Spurs as a sinking ship with Manu old and Timmy on the way out so Im almost positive he'll bolt. That cat loves the limelight too much to toil in A rebuilding Spurs obscurity.

jag
07-03-2010, 01:50 AM
If Parker goes to NY next year it's because he wants to be in NY. I'm not sure why amare thinks he's a big draw. Last time i checked, sticking amare with a star PG wasn't exactly a recipe for NBA championships.

ldhl89
07-03-2010, 02:09 AM
CK_CK_mddeE

GSH
07-03-2010, 02:27 AM
The Knicks want to get Amare signed, as a stalking horse. They think having him locked up will help them attract other free agents like LeBron or Bosch. Amare wants a max deal, but until the contract is signed he doesn't have one. So he is name-dropping to try and give the impression that he has the power to actually attract a top-level teammate.

Amare is long on talent and short on brains, and Parker is probably the first name that came to mind. He has been hearing rumors that Parker could be on the trade block. Parker makes rap music... Amare likes rap music... they're practically related.

Kori Ellis
07-03-2010, 02:32 AM
I think Amare is just dumb and doesn't realize Parker isn't a free agent currently.

Xevious
07-03-2010, 03:28 AM
New York may be selling the idea to Amare that they'll add one of the big FAs next year to the team (Parker or Melo), since all signs point to them losing out on all the important players this summer.

LOL at Amare being a max player though. We'll see what his numbers look like without Nash spoon feeding him.

50 cent
07-03-2010, 03:36 AM
I think Amare is just dumb and doesn't realize Parker isn't a free agent currently.

Amare is a total retard. I can confirm that he is probably the least intelligent person in the NBA.

tim_duncan_fan
07-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Amare is a total retard. I can confirm that he is probably the least intelligent person in the NBA.

Only because Marbury went over seas.

DMX7
07-03-2010, 03:40 AM
If Parker goes to NY next year it's because he wants to be in NY. I'm not sure why amare thinks he's a big draw. Last time i checked, sticking amare with a star PG wasn't exactly a recipe for NBA championships.

If he goes, it's because we trade him. He doesn't have a choice.

admiralsnackbar
07-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Aw, how cute -- he's trying to act like Shaq even though he hasn't won shit.

Vic Petro
07-03-2010, 03:47 AM
When it dawns on Amar'e Stoudemire that he'll no longer be running the pick-and-roll with Steve Nash, he might not want to join the Knicks. That's why it's Donnie Walsh's job to find Stoudemire a running mate and the player expected to be targeted is Tony Parker.

As the Daily News reported in April, the Spurs' point guard is hoping to be traded to the Knicks and has long wanted to play with Stoudemire. A person close to both players said Stoudemire and Parker hatched a plan to join forces in either Miami or New York.

"It's perfect for Tony because he wants to be in New York and he wants to play with Amar'e," said the source.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_parker_has_amare_interest.html

timvp
07-03-2010, 03:48 AM
Only way this makes sense is if TP has told the Spurs he doesn't want to be traded to the Knicks. Otherwise, not sure WTF Amare could be thinking.

admiralsnackbar
07-03-2010, 03:50 AM
"It's perfect for Tony because he wants to be in New York and he wants to play with Amar'e," said the source.

:lol Perfect up until you get to the brilliant passing part. Park is great, but I can't think of too many PGs who are less like Nash.

50 cent
07-03-2010, 03:52 AM
When it dawns on Amar'e Stoudemire that he'll no longer be running the pick-and-roll with Steve Nash, he might not want to join the Knicks. That's why it's Donnie Walsh's job to find Stoudemire a running mate and the player expected to be targeted is Tony Parker.

As the Daily News reported in April, the Spurs' point guard is hoping to be traded to the Knicks and has long wanted to play with Stoudemire. A person close to both players said Stoudemire and Parker hatched a plan to join forces in either Miami or New York.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_parker_has_amare_interest.html

Except the Knicks have nothing we want so they can fuck off. :lmao

50 cent
07-03-2010, 03:53 AM
Also if Tony is so stupid that he wants to play with Amare, then he's dumb enought that he can go right now.

Dalamar_the_Dark
07-03-2010, 04:09 AM
I would take Gallinari + picks for Parker. But we probably have to take Curry's contract back. Anyway that we can waive Curry or something due to his current legal issues.

Slinkyman
07-03-2010, 04:15 AM
NY Daily News is so full of it, since when has tony wanted to play with Amare? I love that they "hatched a plan" to play together, LMAO

50 cent
07-03-2010, 04:23 AM
NY Daily News is so full of it, since when has tony wanted to play with Amare? I love that they "hatched a plan" to play together, LMAO

I've gotta think that the Spurs team plane has laughed multiple times at Amare's dumbnes, in fact, I know it.....they think he's stupid.

kobyz
07-03-2010, 05:19 AM
Toney Douglas, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, David Lee for Parker, Blair?

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2010, 06:29 AM
he might be dumb, but his damn good on offense since he be moving out to the pathetic east where no bigs can guard him....

texbound
07-03-2010, 06:39 AM
I've gotta think that the Spurs team plane has laughed multiple times at Amare's dumbnes, in fact, I know it.....they think he's stupid.

The Spurs charter all their flights. They don't have a team plane to laugh at Amare.

jiggy_55
07-03-2010, 07:23 AM
The NY daily news is reporting that sources say Parker wants to play in new york and also wants to play with Amare.

8FOR!3
07-03-2010, 07:45 AM
The trade might have to involve three teams to get the Spurs something worth while, but if Parker doesn't want to be a Spur, he doesn't need to be. If the guy wants to be traded, trade him.

Harry Callahan
07-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Can you say tampering? As others have said, Tony Parker is property of the Spurs for another year.

Amare was always dumb as a box of rocks. Even Tony Parker knows he can't do what Steve Nash does - what he does is set up Amare with easy shots time and time again. Amare is going to miss Steve Nash big time when he signs with New York.

jiggy_55
07-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Can you say tampering? As others have said, Tony Parker is property of the Spurs for another year.

Amare was always dumb as a box of rocks. Even Tony Parker knows he can't do what Steve Nash does - what he does is set up Amare with easy shots time and time again. Amare is going to miss Steve Nash big time when he signs with New York.

I don't see how this is tampering. Right now, Amare does not have any team as he has not signed anywhere. If he is talking to Parker, he can say whatever the fuck he wants. He's not part of any organization for anything to be considered tampering. And if it's true that Parker wants to be in New York, we might as well know this now so that he can be traded at some point rather than lose him to nothing.

Harry Callahan
07-03-2010, 08:14 AM
The NY daily news is reporting that sources say Parker wants to play in new york and also wants to play with Amare.

I see no story to this effect in the NYDN on the link.

jiggy_55
07-03-2010, 08:20 AM
I see no story to this effect in the NYDN on the link.

How's that?

Headline: New York Knicks expected to target Spurs point guard Tony Parker to pair with Amar'e Stoudemire

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_parker_has_amare_interest.html#ixzz0scowpYnd

Harry Callahan
07-03-2010, 08:25 AM
I found the link now and story now. A NY columnist sourcing one unnamed third party who is of course close to both Amare and TP saying they have hatched a plan to play together in either NY or Miami.

Then the columnist goes on to list four or five other point guards the great NY Knicks have targeted. This story was an opinion piece with no basis in fact. Opinions are like A-holes. Everybody's got one.

jiggy_55
07-03-2010, 08:32 AM
I found the link now and story now. A NY columnist sourcing one unnamed third party who is of course close to both Amare and TP saying they have hatched a plan to play together in either NY or Miami.

Then the columnist goes on to list four or five other point guards the great NY Knicks have targeted. This story was an opinion piece with no basis in fact. Opinions are like A-holes. Everybody's got one.

I know. Where did I say this is 100% true or that Parker will be going? I just wrote what this writer said and posted a damn link so relax

Harry Callahan
07-03-2010, 08:43 AM
No problem.

The NY papers are in such bad shape they have to throw stuff out there in order to sell a few more newspapers.

I find better info a lot more often on this website than in the SA Express News. The newspaper business will be out of business in 10-20 years.

Back to the subject at hand. The Spurs are going to do whatever they can to extract the most compensation possible for Parker if they can't get a long term deal for him.

If Tony had been a FA this year, he would be tough to keep with all the money flying around. This does not fit the Knicks schedule. They have to get the two best players they can immediately, and those players are probably free agents right now. I think NY also gave away their first round pick next year so they could sign two max free agents. In the end after all the trades and contract shedding, I think NY will be nothing but mediocre.

With a lockout possibly coming, the landscape could be totally different in 12 months. It may also be in the best interest of the Spurs long term not to commit a max deal to Parker given the wear and tear of 10 years.

dbestpro
07-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Ok, got argument sake we say Parker goes to NY for Gallinari and picks. We don't have to take anything else back because NY is far under the cap. Does that suddenly give us the ability to go after a FA, maybe 7-8 mil range?

gospursgojas
07-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Again...

Tony Parker is not a free agent

Harry Callahan
07-03-2010, 09:31 AM
One more thing regarding NY. The Knicks must swap their 2011 1st round pick (unless it is the 1st overall pick) to Houston due to a previous salary dump trade (McGrady?). In addition, they must send their 2012 1st round pick (top five protected) to Houston as well.

The Knicks have no draft pick assets in the next two years. I don't think the Knicks are going to be any good in the next few years. Does Parker really want to go there even if Amare is there? I don't see much talent on that roster - most likely no lottery picks coming their way the next two years. This might be like playing for the Oakland Raiders, where careers die.

wut
07-03-2010, 09:41 AM
It's no wonder Lebron came out of the Knicks meeting going 'wtf'. :lol

Knicks have nothing to offer but money...and not enough to make their team a contender.

TP and Amare would be a horrible combination.

Mel_13
07-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Ok, got argument sake we say Parker goes to NY for Gallinari and picks. We don't have to take anything else back because NY is far under the cap. Does that suddenly give us the ability to go after a FA, maybe 7-8 mil range?

Yes, something in that neighborhood, maybe a little more, but it really doesn't change anything.

Problem is, in order to use that cap space, they lose their MLE and LLE. Splitter's contract demands won't change, so most of that cap space will be used to sign Tiago.

Spurs would then be left with an amount of cap space about the size of the LLE to get a PG and the salary cap number would be a hard cap for them. Once they reached it, they couldn't even sign vet min contracts.

howbouthemspurs
07-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Will not happen

Seventyniner
07-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Ok, I just have to do this: I can't resist posting a rumor that could take off and get some people rabid, even though there's about a 0.0001% chance of the Hornets and Knicks even *thinking* about doing this:

Spurs
Send out: Parker, McDyess, and 2011 1st round pick
Receive: Paul and Posey
Knicks
Send out: Lee (sign-and-trade, first year salary $9.5M)
Receive: Parker and Okafor
Hornets
Send out: Paul, Okafor, and Posey
Receive: Lee and 2011 1st round pick from Spurs

Obviously the Spurs do this.

The Knicks would get Parker, though they would have to basically give up on LeBron, Wade, and Bosh (this would eat up basically all of their remaining cap space). Maybe they would if all 3 of the big FAs commit elsewhere, and perhaps a big extension for Parker could be part of the trade (so he doesn't bail after this season).

The Hornets would only think about this if they get a (very) strong mandate from ownership saying to cut future salaries at all costs. They would save a lot of long-term money, and at least get *something* back.

Again, 0.0001% (at the most) chance this happens, but I think the numbers work, and it's fun to play around with salary-matching.

gospursgojas
07-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Ok, I just have to do this: I can't resist posting a rumor that could take off and get some people rabid, even though there's about a 0.0001% chance of the Hornets and Knicks even *thinking* about doing this:

Spurs
Send out: Parker, McDyess, and 2011 1st round pick
Receive: Paul and Posey
Knicks
Send out: Lee (sign-and-trade, first year salary $9.5M)
Receive: Parker and Okafor
Hornets
Send out: Paul, Okafor, and Posey
Receive: Lee and 2011 1st round pick from Spurs

Obviously the Spurs do this.

The Knicks would get Parker, though they would have to basically give up on LeBron, Wade, and Bosh (this would eat up basically all of their remaining cap space). Maybe they would if all 3 of the big FAs commit elsewhere, and perhaps a big extension for Parker could be part of the trade (so he doesn't bail after this season).

The Hornets would only think about this if they get a (very) strong mandate from ownership saying to cut future salaries at all costs. They would save a lot of long-term money, and at least get *something* back.

Again, 0.0001% (at the most) chance this happens, but I think the numbers work, and it's fun to play around with salary-matching.

I know you explained this in your post but still I ask...

Why the hell would the Hornets do this???

But seriously I don't think the ownership of the Hornets is in this postion...Yet

Seventyniner
07-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I know you explained this in your post but still I ask...

Why the hell would the Hornets do this???

But seriously I don't think the ownership of the Hornets is in this postion...Yet

I agree, they're the ones that wouldn't let this happen; they'd be giving up a franchise player for David Lee in a complete salary dump. But stranger things have happened (Pau Gasol?)...

gospursgojas
07-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I agree, they're the ones that wouldn't let this happen; they'd be giving up a franchise player for David Lee in a complete salary dump. But stranger things have happened (Pau Gasol?)...

Unfortunatly the Spurs dont have a former front office connection with the Hornets as did the lakers.

No collusion possible :ihit

dbestpro
07-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes, something in that neighborhood, maybe a little more, but it really doesn't change anything.

Problem is, in order to use that cap space, they lose their MLE and LLE. Splitter's contract demands won't change, so most of that cap space will be used to sign Tiago.

Spurs would then be left with an amount of cap space about the size of the LLE to get a PG and the salary cap number would be a hard cap for them. Once they reached it, they couldn't even sign vet min contracts.

Ouch! That sounds like the worse possible option.

cd98
07-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Spurs won't trade Tony to N.Y. The Knicks tried that around the draft. They don't have the assets. This is just wasted discussion.

TheSpursFNRule
07-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Spurs won't trade Tony to N.Y. The Knicks tried that around the draft. They don't have the assets. This is just wasted discussion.

This.

Pauleta14
07-03-2010, 01:09 PM
i don't get it. parker is a one man fast break, a one man slash to the basket. he's really freaking good at it. but he isn't going to set up amare with anything.

Parker is one of the best P&R player...

nbaman99
07-03-2010, 08:57 PM
sorry, didn't see this 1st

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/

IceColdBrewski
07-03-2010, 09:05 PM

First of all, this is a discussion forum. So there's no such thing as "wasted discussion" when it's just people posting whatever shit pops in their heads.

And second of all, it may be true that the Knicks tried to get Parker around the draft. But that was before Parker went shooting off at the mouth about leaving after next season. So the Spurs might be a little more receptive to trade offers this time around.

People need to stop getting butthurt every time somebody posts something about Parker being traded. The topic isn't going to go away anytime soon.

cd98
07-03-2010, 09:28 PM
First of all, this is a discussion forum. So there's no such thing as "wasted discussion" when it's just people posting whatever shit pops in their heads.

And second of all, it may be true that the Knicks tried to get Parker around the draft. But that was before Parker went shooting off at the mouth about leaving after next season. So the Spurs might be a little more receptive to trade offers this time around.

People need to stop getting butthurt every time somebody posts something about Parker being traded. The topic isn't going to go away anytime soon.

I don't have a problem with trading Parker, but NY has nothing to offer. For that reason it is wasted discussion.

ducks
07-04-2010, 12:25 AM
espn ticker is saying amare talked to melo and tp and both are ready to go to new york if he goes there

lefty
07-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Low IQ PF + ballhog "PG"

Do it Walsh !!!!!!!! :hungry:

Pistons < Spurs
07-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Amar'e Stoudemire was in New York on Saturday night and talked about who might eventually join him on the Knicks.

"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."

Stoudemire will meet with the Knicks on Monday.

"It's one of the most historic franchises in NBA history. It's a beautiful city. Madison Square Garden is definitely one of the most intriguing places to play. So they definitely have a few great points on their side."

He was non-committal when was asked whether he was disappointed about not returning to Phoenix.

"The organization of Phoenix has been great my whole career," he said. "I left my stamp on that organization as far as what we were able to accomplish. It was a great ride. So on to the next one."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67809/20100704/amare_claims_carmelo_parker_will_join_him_with_kni cks/el/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RealGMwiretap+%28RealGM+Baske tball+Wiretap%29&utm_content=Twitter#ixzz0sgkE6Vqu

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-04-2010, 12:30 AM
:lmao black jesus is a moron. Neither player is a FA and the Knicks have nothing either team would want :lmao

I hope Amare ends up in NY alone and the Nets land Lebron and someone else and knock the arrogance right out of him

Can't think of anyone in the NBA i hate more.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2010, 12:30 AM
It's like a cruel joke that nobody's telling A'mar'e' that Carmelo and Parker can't just change teams.

ducks
07-04-2010, 12:31 AM
amare is going to get fined

Vic Petro
07-04-2010, 12:32 AM
It's like a cruel joke that nobody's telling A'mar'e' that Carmelo and Parker can't just change teams.

I think he is intimating that they promised to join him next year, when they are both free agents.

lefty
07-04-2010, 12:32 AM
amare is going to get fined
Probably around 100 millions $

johnnySpurs
07-04-2010, 01:18 AM
There has never been a player in NBA history who I've consistently wanted to bitch slap as much as Amarie' Stoudemire.... and this includes Jacque Vaughn and Uwe Blab. I can only imagine what Duncans level of production would be had he played with Nash for the majority of his career.

I'm already sick of the TP trade / 2011 FA talk and I almost want a trade to happen just so we don't have to endure a season of TP trade deadling threads followed by 'will he re sign' threads. If he really wants to play for that shitty team with shitty players for a shitty coach whose playbook is shallower than the tecmo super bowl play call screen then maybe we can accommodate him.... hell maybe we can even work a S&T in for Jefferson? Somehow I see both thriving under D'Anphony. I think he'll regret the decision quick when he's sitting in a huddle where D'Anphony is telling them to run the Up and B play as they go into the all star break primed to take the 7th seed in the east with a .17 winning percentage. Maybe we can sign someone with better passing ability... my jack russell terrier or Ellen Degeneres.

AFBlue
07-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Amar'e Stoudemire was in New York on Saturday night and talked about who might eventually join him on the Knicks.

"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."

Stoudemire will meet with the Knicks on Monday.

"It's one of the most historic franchises in NBA history. It's a beautiful city. Madison Square Garden is definitely one of the most intriguing places to play. So they definitely have a few great points on their side."

He was non-committal when was asked whether he was disappointed about not returning to Phoenix.

"The organization of Phoenix has been great my whole career," he said. "I left my stamp on that organization as far as what we were able to accomplish. It was a great ride. So on to the next one."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67809/20100704/amare_claims_carmelo_parker_will_join_him_with_kni cks/el/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RealGMwiretap+%28RealGM+Baske tball+Wiretap%29&utm_content=Twitter#ixzz0sgkE6Vqu

Now THIS is more newsworthy than the original story. Granted it's not actually Parker giving a quote, but for Amar'e to come out and say Parker is "ready to join" him, that's possibly significant.

Juanobili
07-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Thank you Amar'e

- Peter Holt, RC and Pop

J_Paco
07-04-2010, 01:47 AM
Now THIS is more newsworthy than the original story. Granted it's not actually Parker giving a quote, but for Amar'e to come out and say Parker is "ready to join" him, that's possibly significant.

I'd be very disappointed if Parker really did say that, especially since he's under contract for at least one more season. I truly doubt that he would contradict himself by going back on his previous comments about staying in S.A.

He would be giving the haters that want him out of town all the ammunition needed. No, absolutely no, one could defend him if that quote is accurate. I'm hoping he has a little more integrity to be honest and admit he wants out. We'll see........

PDXSpursFan
07-04-2010, 10:47 AM
new york may be selling the idea to amare that they'll add one of the big fas next year to the team (parker or melo), since all signs point to them losing out on all the important players this summer.

+1

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2010, 10:51 AM
You would have to think it's more than likely time to trade Tony. His future with the Spurs has been in doubt for awhile now, he puts more emphasis on a career in a new town, and now he's linked to Amare in NY. While Stoudemire isn't the brightest bulb in the box, it would be very weird if he's completely making it up.

spursncowboys
07-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Maybe Amare is talking about when Parker and Anthony become FA. Just an idea. They both only have one year left right?

tdunk21
07-04-2010, 12:04 PM
parker can help timmy get a ring this year and then do whatever the fuck he wants to do....

8FOR!3
07-04-2010, 12:27 PM
It would take David Lee, Wilson Chandler, and then some to make me content about getting TP. I honestly don't think they have enough for him without giving up Gallo.

ploto
07-04-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't have a problem with trading Parker, but NY has nothing to offer. For that reason it is wasted discussion.

You can always include a third team, or a fourth...

Seventyniner
07-04-2010, 01:38 PM
You can always include a third team, or a fourth...

Yeah, but I've already tried concocting scenarios that have Parker land in NY and Bosh end up in SA...it's not easy! :downspin:

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2010, 01:56 PM

Well, the newbie has spoken, better lock this thread :rolleyes

If you don't like the thread topic, just scroll.

Magdalena M
07-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I don't understand why some find it so impossible to think that Parker might leave after next year. Put yourself in his shoes: he'll be one of the most sought after free agents in the whole league; Duncan is no longer the dominant force he once was and will eventually retire; he can live in a more glamorous city. It's really not a stretch to think he'd want to leave and play for a championship elsewhere.