PDA

View Full Version : Von Wafer attended Spurs free agent workout

Man Mountain
07-03-2010, 05:09 AM
"I went to San Antonio's free agent workout and it was pretty intense," he told HOOPSWORLD. "We had two workouts and I've been working out on my own and just getting stronger every day. I feel good."

Several teams have shown interest in the guard, who averaged career highs across the board before leaving for Greece. The Cleveland Cavaliers, San Antonio Spurs, and Houston Rockets have each expressed some interest in Wafer.

"It feels really good. I'm happy that there are teams out there that still like me and feel that I can play. That makes me feel really good," he said.

Rest of article : http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16689

ChumpDumper
07-03-2010, 05:21 AM
Well, he can shoot. Dude probably has to go to summer league since he played so little last season.

ace3g
07-03-2010, 05:37 AM
so Eric B is Wafer the player your source told you about? lol

Also he is one of those 6'5 players, again we have too many of those type of players

Darkwaters
07-03-2010, 06:04 AM
I wonder what the going rate would be for Von Wafer? He'd be worth a shot against the likes of Hairston and Gee. Hes obviously got more experience than both.

Danny.Zhu
07-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Minimum wage.

Muser
07-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Please god no, I don't want Houston's shitty trash.

Darkwaters
07-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Minimum wage.

That was my thought. But considering what the going rate is these days he probably lands a 3 year 15M contract. :lol

Chomag
07-03-2010, 08:00 AM
oh God no, His defence is even worse then what Finely's was.

No more freaking chunckers, we need defenders for christs sakes.

dougp
07-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Wafer has a trigger like no other. Everytime he touches the ball it goes up.

Which isn't bad, sometimes. Most of the time, when a shooter comes to San Antonio, he gets shootaphobia. Brent, Bonner and Finley all had that issue until Pop yelled at them to just take the damn shot.

Austin_Toros
07-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Wafer has a trigger like no other. Everytime he touches the ball it goes up.

And he could make his shots. Dont really want him in San Antonio but his shooting would be the reason spurs are interested

EricB
07-03-2010, 07:45 PM
so Eric B is Wafer the player your source told you about? lol

Also he is one of those 6'5 players, again we have too many of those type of players

Unless Von wafer started working In the spurs offices then no...

ace3g
07-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Unless Von wafer started working In the spurs offices then no...

so the player you were surprised the Spurs were going to focus on with the LLE works in the spurs offices?

angelbelow
07-03-2010, 08:37 PM
IIRC, hes a chucker and a player with attitude (Rick had to send him back to the locker room during a playgame?)

Cane
07-03-2010, 08:41 PM
so the player you were surprised the Spurs were going to focus on with the LLE works in the spurs offices?

Maybe he's talking about Jacques Vaughn since he's a coach for the SL now.

dougp
07-03-2010, 08:42 PM
IIRC, hes a chucker and a player with attitude (Rick had to send him back to the locker room during a playgame?)

If you saw that game, you'd understand why VW was upset about getting sent to the bench. Rick was basically throwing in the towel, and VW seemed to be pushing them closer to a possible win.

sexinthatsx
07-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Knicks are trying to pry TP away from us. If we eventually do let him go, will Wafer be your replacement???

07-03-2010, 09:29 PM
didn't wafer have a pretty good season a few years back? he was developing into a serviceable scoring role player but then just disappeared off the radar.

Ice009
07-03-2010, 09:55 PM
didn't wafer have a pretty good season a few years back? he was developing into a serviceable scoring role player but then just disappeared off the radar.

It was only two seasons ago when Ron was in Houston so it's not that long ago. I thought he was serviceable that season. He got more minutes because T-Mac was out.

I like that he is has a let it fly attitude on the court. That reminds me of SJax with his shooting mentality. I don't know much about the rest of his game though, probably not comparable in any other way apart from jacking up shots ;).

The Franchise
07-04-2010, 12:27 AM
If you saw that game, you'd understand why VW was upset about getting sent to the bench. Rick was basically throwing in the towel, and VW seemed to be pushing them closer to a possible win.

I think you may be remembering it wrong. He was trying to go one on five and was being shut down by Sasha "Clamps" Vujacic. On top of that he was playing matador D, and was shooting (and missing) everytime he touched the ball. After he picked up a charging penalty he seemed pissed, and things only got worse from there. Rick pulled him before he did anymore damage and he decided to curse the coach out for his sucky play. Rick showed good restraint by just sending him to the showers.

lefty
07-04-2010, 12:31 AM
VW is a great instant scorer off the bench, but attitude could be an issue

Didnt he get sent to the locker room by Adelman during a playoff game vs Lakers?

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/483/rocketsfishing.jpg

Ditty
07-04-2010, 02:20 AM
von wafer may have helped a little last year better than mason

now that anderson is here i rather not have him now

AFBlue
07-04-2010, 03:22 PM
von wafer may have helped a little last year better than mason

now that anderson is here i rather not have him now

Based on the rumors surrounding various free agents, it appears the Spurs are targeting shooters, regardless of their ability to play SF.

This tells me one of two things...

1) They are confident they will be able to bring RJ back or trade for his replacement

or

2) They believe one of Anderson, Hairston or Gee can earn the starting spot and play the majority of their minutes there.

Muser
07-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm all for going after shooters and taking a gamble on Hairston/Gee at the 3 but please not Wafer, he's basically Finley with a bad attitude.

dougp
07-04-2010, 05:18 PM
I think you may be remembering it wrong. He was trying to go one on five and was being shut down by Sasha "Clamps" Vujacic. On top of that he was playing matador D, and was shooting (and missing) everytime he touched the ball. After he picked up a charging penalty he seemed pissed, and things only got worse from there. Rick pulled him before he did anymore damage and he decided to curse the coach out for his sucky play. Rick showed good restraint by just sending him to the showers.

It was game 2, correct? At least according to this news article posted on 5/7/2009 (http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1533/adelman_speaks_on_von_wafer_incident/) it was. And in that case, he had 7 points including a 3 pter and 2 rbds. In 9 minutes. That's pretty good for a bench player ...