PDA

View Full Version : Blazers,Lakers, Spurs and Bucks have contacted Mathews

spursfan1000
07-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Wesley Matthews went undrafted last June, but could soon sign a contract worth the mid-level exception.
Sources told FanHouse that Portland, San Antonio, the Lakers and Milwaukee have contacted Matthews.
The Bucks are likely out of the running after re-signing John Salmons and the Lakers may have bowed out as well after adding Steve Blake.
There is still a chance that Matthews could return to the Jazz.
"There's no question his loyalty is to the Jazz," said Wesley Matthews Sr. "They gave him a chance. But it has to be a fair, market-value deal."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67788/20100703/blazers_spurs_lakers_and_bucks_have_contacted_matt hews/#ixzz0sdEWIJcf

Darkwaters
07-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Is there a free agent in this market the Spurs are not interested in?

Roger Mason Jr.

gospursgojas
07-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Roger Mason Jr.

LOL :tu

MI21
07-03-2010, 10:59 AM
San Antonio could start their own league if they sign all these guys they are "interested" in.

That said, Matthews is a very Spur-like acquisition...

Shastafarian
07-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Wesley Matthews went undrafted last June, but could soon sign a contract worth the mid-level exception.

Um, do not like.

dbestpro
07-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Mathews and Morrow both show that the draft gurus of the NBA should be sued for malpractice.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Um, do not like.

This.

The Truth #6
07-03-2010, 11:23 AM
All this interest makes me think the Spurs and Tiago are in disagreement over money and these leaks are a bargaining tool to tell Tiago "if you don't like our price, then stay in Europe and we'll sign someone else."

Or, it's the same old story of Agents using the Spurs name to boost interest in their client. The Spurs never talk to the media so agents can say whatever they want because the Spurs rarely refute anything.

lurker23
07-03-2010, 11:47 AM
I think the Spurs are just keeping their options open and doing due diligence. If somehow the Splitter deal falls through, or another opportunity presents itself (e.g.- RJ trade exception), the Spurs don't want to be caught with their pants down and have no foundation for plans in place.

Ditty
07-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Either the spurs want to make anderson a SF or want him to ride the bench all year or send him to austin I dont see a reason why Spurs are going after SG ? I believe Ginobili will be starting going foward next year I doubt the spurs start a rookie or get hairston or temple to be the starting SG

Blackjack
07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
I think the Spurs are just keeping their options open and doing due diligence. If somehow the Splitter deal falls through, or another opportunity presents itself (e.g.- RJ trade exception), the Spurs don't want to be caught with their pants down and have no foundation for plans in place.

:tu

The key term: due diligence.