PDA

View Full Version : Props to Germany

MaNuMaNiAc
07-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Your team plays beautiful football! :tu

Despite everything I said about Germany and all the bullshit that went on before the game, you guys killed us. You deserve to win this WC IMO

sefant77
07-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Game was really on the edge between 45 and 60th min, next goal deceided the game

Nice to see fairness after the end.

ElNono
07-03-2010, 11:00 AM
It was a solid win. The first goal did us in. We need to work on that. We don't know how to come from behind. Congrats Germany.

DAF86
07-03-2010, 11:01 AM
It was a solid win. The first goal did us in. We need to work on that. We don't know how to come from behind. Congrats Germany.

I think the second one was the dagger.

urunobili
07-03-2010, 11:42 AM
classy expected thread. Y'all need a real coach. It'll come down to that to win it all again under Messi :tu

ffadicted
07-03-2010, 11:44 AM
It'll come down to that to win it all again under Messi :tu

Gonna have to wait till at least 2018 for that:ihit

lefty
07-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Soccer is a team sport

BRZ and ARG thought that talent would be enough

Fuck them

Props to the Germans :tu

sefant77
07-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Arg should get a real coach and move Maradona into another role.

Brazil
07-03-2010, 12:29 PM
^Maradona is not really the problem. Germany is just the better team, I don't think a different coach would have lead to another outcome tbh.

Germany is by far the most complete of this competition.

lefty
07-03-2010, 01:29 PM
^Maradona is not really the problem. Germany is just the better team, I don't think a different coach would have lead to another outcome tbh.

Germany is by far the most complete of this competition.
He is part of the problem

Argentina was just disorganized;

They had never convinced me in the tournament; in the 1st round they beat shitty teams, and against Mexico they were lucky

Brazil
07-03-2010, 03:50 PM
He is part of the problem

Argentina was just disorganized;

They had never convinced me in the tournament; in the 1st round they beat shitty teams, and against Mexico they were lucky

he is part of but he is not THE problem. I just think Germany is the better team

velik_m
07-03-2010, 04:15 PM
he is part of but he is not THE problem. I just think Germany is the better team

He is THE problem - Argentina has all the tools (players) to be the better team.

Brazil
07-05-2010, 08:10 AM
He is THE problem - Argentina has all the tools (players) to be the better team.

How ? what better players ? who outside Messi would be at starter for this German team ?

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2010, 08:18 AM
that argy team was just canon fodder for the german team to advance on...

aus, eng, arg, whose next for a 4 goal demolition

Brazil
07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
that argy team was just canon fodder for the german team to advance on...

aus, eng, arg, whose next for a 4 goal demolition

spa

DAF86
07-05-2010, 05:14 PM
How ? what better players ? who outside Messi would be at starter for this German team ?

Milito is the star striker for the champions league champ, Klose is the sub of the runner up, Milito is a sub for Argentina, Klose is a starter for Germany. Mascherano is arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world. Tevez, Aguero and Higuain are all stars in their teams and I'm sure most people would rather have them than Podolski in their teams. Di Maria has just been bought by Real Madrid, Demichellis (as much as I hate him) and Samuel are starting center backs for the two Champions league finalists.

Lack of talent is definitely not the problem with Argentina, the problem is assembling all those stars to form a real team.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-05-2010, 05:20 PM

Have you even watched the German's play? of the 4 goals they scored on us, exactly which one was the result of a great individual play?

Its exactly why the German's win and we don't. They play a team game, and they execute to perfection. They play how the game was meant to be played. Germany has good individual players. I would put Ozil on par with almost anyone, but in general their team isn't comprised of great individual talents. They are above all a TEAM, which is something we Argies have forgotten what the fuck that means...

Brazil
07-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Milito is the star striker for the champions league champ, Klose is the sub of the runner up, Milito is a sub for Argentina, Klose is a starter for Germany. Mascherano is arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world. Tevez, Aguero and Higuain are all stars in their teams and I'm sure most people would rather have them than Podolski in their teams. Di Maria has just been bought by Real Madrid, Demichellis (as much as I hate him) and Samuel are starting center backs for the two Champions league finalists.

Lack of talent is definitely not the problem with Argentina, the problem is assembling all those stars to form a real team.

First I never said Argentina lack of talent is a problem but I do think the coach is not the main differential point. Peope here are underestimating a lot the talent of german team because all the players play in Germany and the german is not hyped like the spanish, italian or england ones.

Regarding Klose I'm sorry but I take him before any argentinian players not named messi because he is a WC monster, being a closer is having talent. On the offense talent wise Ozil, schweinsteiger and muller have nothing to envy to Teves, Di Maria or Higuain... For Podolski I agree, he is very good in this team but he is no star. Now for the D, I'll take the german line anyday: friedrich, Lahm, Boateng are more than solid.

My point is even with a well organized squad with a competent coach, I don't think Argentina is superior at Germany.

Brazil
07-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Have you even watched the German's play? of the 4 goals they scored on us, exactly which one was the result of a great individual play?

Its exactly why the German's win and we don't. They play a team game, and they execute to perfection. They play how the game was meant to be played. Germany has good individual players. I would put Ozil on par with almost anyone, but in general their team isn't comprised of great individual talents. They are above all a TEAM, which is something we Argies have forgotten what the fuck that means...

I agree Germany is a TEAM but a team stacked with great individual talents.

ElNono
07-05-2010, 05:48 PM

Did we ever learn to play like that? Since 1993, the last time we won anything worth really winning, we had Basile, Passarella, Pekerman, Bielsa and Maradona. If you want to go all the way back to 1990 and the last time we were in the top 2, it was Bilardo.

You could say with Bielsa we played the closest to a team play, and we didn't even make it out of the first round. The guy quit in the middle of his second cycle. With Pekerman we were more organized than today, but we were still completely dependent on a guy like Riquelme, well neutralized by the germans too.

We had the most success with Bilardo, who put the entire onus on playing way back on defense, filling up the middle of the field and hope some illumination from Maradona would feed a finisher (Valdano/Caniggia). Most of the time, we played counter attack type of play, in a way, a lot like this German team does, minus the young legs. However, the more success Bilardo had, the more defensive the team got, to the fiasco that was that 1990 team.

This german team plays basically counter attack. They move well in a block, defend with 8+ people, and go forward also in numbers, taking advantage of the speed of their young players to make an impact. When they play a ultra-defensive team and don't nail a goal early, they suffer (see Slovenia in the first round, or against Italy in 2006). It's one way to play, but nothing really new. They certainly know they roles well, and you have to give them props for that.

I'm not sure Argentina can play a structured, obedient game like that. Most of the players we have today grew up watching and praising individual talent. Maradona in 1986 is the epitome of individuality taking a team to the top.
Even the 1978 team under Menotti (the guy that believe is aesthetics over tactics) was far from the compact soccer game you could see in teams like Holland at the time.

DAF86
07-05-2010, 06:03 PM
My point is even with a well organized squad with a competent coach, I don't think Argentina is superior at Germany.

I don't know, I wouldn't trade Messi for Ozil, Higuain for Klose, Tevez for Podolski, Kedhira for Di Maria, nor Mascherano for Schwensteiger, etc. but I would definitely change Low for Maradona.

I think some tactical organization would do this Argie team a lot of good. Mascherano played practically one on five in the miedfield against Germany. Now, looking back at that game I think that a 4-4-2 (like the one we played against them in the friendly in Germany) would have been a better scheme, but it's easy to make that deduction now after seeing the results.

ElNono
07-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Sheed: "Whoever is being guarded by Bonner, attack!"
Low: "Whoever is being guarded by Heinze, attack!"

:lol

Brazil
07-05-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't know, I wouldn't trade Messi for Ozil, Higuain for Klose, Tevez for Podolski, Kedhira for Di Maria, nor Mascherano for Schwensteiger, etc. but I would definitely change Low for Maradona.

I think some tactical organization would do this Argie team a lot of good. Mascherano played practically one on five in the miedfield against Germany. Now, looking back at that game I think that a 4-4-2 (like the one we played against them in the friendly in Germany) would have been a better scheme, but it's easy to make that deduction now after seeing the results.

Messi is untouchable for sure, Klose for Higuain I'd do that without thinking (once again for the 2010 WC not in general), I'd take tevez too, I keep Kedhira vs. di maria, for me Schwensteiger is the best player of the competition so i take him for everybody and I do agree I take Low vs. Maradona :king.

For the rest Argentina lost this game after 3 mn and the first gol, it was the perfect scenario for Germany.

BTW I'm sad to see Argentina leaving before the end, I really enjoyed watching the games of Argentina.

ElNono
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM
BTW I'm sad to see Argentina leaving before the end, I really enjoyed watching the games of Argentina.

And I really enjoyed watching Fran... oh, wait... :lol

I kid, I kid!

Brazil
07-05-2010, 06:27 PM
And I really enjoyed watching Fran... oh, wait... :lol

I kid, I kid!

I know I know lol France :toast

BTW if the scenario repears itself, we will have 8 to 12 years of France being scrubs untill the new Platini / Zidane and unfortunately I don't think Gourcuff can be this kind of player.

sefant77
07-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I really want to win us now.

That would be the most impressive cup win ever with beating England, Argentina, Spain and Netherlands (probably) in a row....

Brazil
07-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Go Germany go !

LakerHater
07-05-2010, 09:30 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2r3bn08.jpg