PDA

View Full Version : Supposdly Spurs offered trade deal for Bosh?

lmbebo
07-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Saw this espn article by Adande (can't give link from this computer...blocked at work).

Spurs offered to do a sign n trade deal for Bosh, only to be turned down.

Shastafarian
07-03-2010, 02:18 PM
The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Cleveland Cavaliers and New York Knicks are believed to have submitted trade proposals for Bosh to the Raptors, and apparently none has impressed Toronto.

That's all he says about the Spurs.

Mel_13
07-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Wherever Chris Bosh heads next, he'll likely have to do so on his own -- and at a slightly discounted rate.

The Toronto Raptors have become increasingly disenchanted with the idea of helping Bosh obtain a maximum contract via a sign-and-trade deal, according to a league source.

Because of the higher annual raises and additional year a "home" team can offer its own player, Bosh could make $125.5 million over six years if he re-signed with the Raptors and they moved him elsewhere; he could make $96.1 million over five years by signing outright with another team.

The difference in the first five years of the deal would amount to $4 million.

Sign-and-trades allow for players to obtain the most money while their old team benefits by at least getting some assets in return.

The right combination of players, manageable contracts, draft picks and a trade exception could have enticed the Raptors to accommodate Bosh.

The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Cleveland Cavaliers and New York Knicks are believed to have submitted trade proposals for Bosh to the Raptors, and apparently none has impressed Toronto.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5352236

HankChinaski
07-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Mavs: Take the dust chip and little JJ. Do It!
Spurs: You can have Bonner, RMJ and Ian Mahinmi. Doing you a solid
Cleveland: S&T ya Shaq Daddy...?
Knicks: David Lee, he's AHHH'MAZING. We just hate his white ass. You can have him.

Toronto: At least we still have Hedo.....fuck.

HankChinaski
07-03-2010, 02:26 PM
I honestly don't see a sign & trade for this guy happening anyway.

baseline bum
07-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Who needs Bosh when you just locked down Amir Johnson for five years?

Shastafarian
07-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Who needs Bosh when you just locked down Amir Johnson for five years?

Who needs Chris Bosh when you're spending $30.7 million on Hedo, Amir Johnson, Jarrett Jack, Jose Calderon, and Reggie Evans next year? Executive of the Year!

ChuckD
07-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I think TOR will S&T him if they don't have to take back any contracts. If one of the teams with cap space wants to give them a big ol' trade exception, they'll bite. To not do so strikes one as being vindictive. You don't want that reputation in the future when you may be trying to SIGN some FA. Remember, if you're screwing the player out of money, you're screwing the agent and his agency, too.

ducks
07-03-2010, 02:43 PM
this makes it more intersting
because bosh has wanted 6 years and heat did not have enough talent to do a sign and trade
so maybe the big three could still all go to the heat

vednam
07-03-2010, 03:19 PM
I wonder what the Spurs offered.

Tony Parker?

George Hill and Splitter's rights?

Those are the only two packages I think Toronto would consider. I think the Spurs should absolutely get Bosh if they can, even if they have to trade Parker.

spursfan1000
07-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Spurs should have offered Parker and Blair for Bosh and Calderon.

Shastafarian
07-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Spurs should have offered Parker and Blair for Bosh and Calderon.

Bosh wants a max deal and Calderon makes $9 mil/year. No way it works.

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Probably Parker/McDyess for Bosh/Jack

Seventyniner
07-03-2010, 03:51 PM
You'd think that Parker is the best player they could possibly get back in any sign-and-trade. Would there be a way to convince Parker to take a large extension just after the trade? If Parker's willing to stay in Toronto for a few years, he would do it, and the Raptors would do it; Parker is a very good player and the Raps would have him locked up for a few years.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2010, 03:55 PM
...and apparently none has impressed Toronto.

Apparently none has impressed Bosh. Toronto's faced with losing him for nothing; I imagine they'll take whatever sign-and-trade Bosh would agree to.

Magdalena M
07-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Ultimately, a sign and trade makes great sense for a team about to lose a player. It forces a rival to pay more money, making them less flexible financially, and returns some talent, which weakens them even more. Sometimes, if the first move a free agent makes is one that forces his new team to be weakened, you have to wonder how smart he'll be as a centerpiece. I can't see Tim Duncan ever doing that.

dbestpro
07-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Even though there is a limited chance for the Spurs to get Bosh, the fact that they made an offer surely means quite a few people around here that have scoffed at the notion need to clean the egg from their face.

ducks
07-03-2010, 04:11 PM
parker was not offered
raptors would have been impressed

EricB
07-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Apparently none has impressed Bosh. Toronto's faced with losing him for nothing; I imagine they'll take whatever sign-and-trade Bosh would agree to.

Actually it's being reported the raptors don't want a sign and trade because they don't want him to get max money..

Blackjack
07-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Actually it's being reported the raptors don't want a sign and trade because they don't want him to get max money..

Posturing, methinks . . .

Dro210
07-03-2010, 04:18 PM

Yea, that's what you would think at least..... Toronto has been making fools out of themselves for a couple years now tho, so wouldn't be surprised one bit for that trend to continue.

Mel_13
07-03-2010, 04:29 PM

I don't think so. They're apparently not interested in any of the packages proposed so far. If he goes to a team with cap space, they'll get a giant trade exception. A giant TE is better than some pu pu platter of spare parts that some capped out team wants to offload on Toronto.

Vic Petro
07-03-2010, 04:37 PM
parker was not offered
raptors would have been impressed

Would a 1 year Tony Parker rental really be that impressive for them?

Fabbs
07-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by EricB

Posturing, methinks . . .
Or reporter fabrication.
Why would Toronto not want a max deal for s&t Bosh, thus giving them the best potential return? :downspin:

FkLA
07-03-2010, 04:44 PM
If they havent already, the Spurs need to offer Parker. Throw in a pick if necessary as well.

ploto
07-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Raptors are tired of Bosh using social media, and, in additon, he is making a documentary on his free agency and traveling around with a camera crew. Raptors seem pretty content just to let him walk.

BadOne
07-03-2010, 04:49 PM
At least the Spurs are throwing their hats in the ring. I suppose that's the least they can do. can't wait for all of this crap to settle already. As soon as Bosh, James and Wade sign to whatever team they choose, the rest of the league can get back to business.

ducks
07-03-2010, 04:49 PM
and that is why they are always going to suck

quentin_compson
07-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Hasn't Bosh said that he wants to be the main option, THE MAN on his team? He wouldn't exactly be that in San Antonio.

TeKu
07-03-2010, 04:59 PM
I'd be amazed if the Spurs offer was actually 'real'. If Bosh comes West then Houston surely makes the most sense for him.

I think the reason the Spurs are rumoured to have interest here (and in a lot of other situatons) is that RC & co are more than willing to let other GMs use them as leverage to drive the price up & gain better deals from clubs that really do have interest. It serves them well for Toronto to win out of any Bosh S&T.

i.e Houston have to pony up more if the Spurs are 'supposedly' offering Parker, Blair & a 1st rounder for Bosh.

This whole Bosh saga is intriging, everyone thought James would dictate things but if turns out to be Bosh, and hence Colangelo who's playing it tough. :lol

Kindergarten Cop
07-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Hasn't Bosh said that he wants to be the main option, THE MAN on his team? He wouldn't exactly be that in San Antonio.

You don't think that this would be similar to the situation we were in when the Spurs drafted Duncan? Duncan would basically be the veteran mentor to Bosh that Robinson was to him. It's all moot anyways, because this isn't happening.

Seventyniner
07-03-2010, 05:05 PM

If Parker were traded for Bosh (whatever the other pieces are), Bosh would definitely be the #1 option on offense. Tim has been willing to not be the focal point of the offense for a while, and Ginobili doesn't whine about touches. Not only would he be "the man" (at least on offense), he would be on a contending team, have the chance to be mentored by Duncan and Pop, and get his money too.

The Spurs should try and do this IMO; Parker's not a lock to be here past this season, and locking up Bosh for 6 years through most of his prime would at the very least keep the Spurs relevant.

Edit: There's no reason that Toronto would just let Bosh walk rather than take Parker; Parker >>>>>>>>>>>>> nothing; even Colangelo knows that.

2pac
07-03-2010, 05:15 PM

Yes. That is why he is probably going to sign whereever DWade or LeBron sign.

Think, man. :nope

Mel_13
07-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Edit: There's no reason that Toronto would just let Bosh walk rather than take Parker; Parker >>>>>>>>>>>>> nothing; even Colangelo knows that.

Of course there are and they've been discussed endlessly for more than a year.

From yesterday's Parker for Bosh thread:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4466625&postcount=11

Seventyniner
07-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Of course there are and they've been discussed endlessly for more than a year.

From yesterday's Parker for Bosh thread:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4466625&postcount=11

I suppose the biggest assumption I made is that Tony would be willing to sign an extension (as part of the terms of the trade).

Also, Parker + McDyess + all 4 non-guaranteed players gets within 125% of Bosh + Calderon...would that change Toronto's mind? They get to offload a bad contract this time. That plus a Parker extension (the weakest link to this trade, of course) might be enough to get the deal done.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't think so. They're apparently not interested in any of the packages proposed so far. If he goes to a team with cap space, they'll get a giant trade exception. A giant TE is better than some pu pu platter of spare parts that some capped out team wants to offload on Toronto.

Uh, perhaps I'm not following properly (which is always possible), but you're going to need to explain to me how Toronto gets a trade exception if Bosh signs with another team as a free agent. The only way Toronto gets anything in this is if Bosh wants to go to the team and there's something useful that the Raps can use, right? I agree that there are certain situations where nothing is preferable, but Bosh is in the driver's seat, not the Raps.

lurker23
07-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Uh, perhaps I'm not following properly (which is always possible), but you're going to need to explain to me how Toronto gets a trade exception if Bosh signs with another team as a free agent. The only way Toronto gets anything in this is if Bosh wants to go to the team and there's something useful that the Raps can use, right? I agree that there are certain situations where nothing is preferable, but Bosh is in the driver's seat, not the Raps.

If Bosh chooses to go to a team with cap space, instead of signing him outright, they can arrange a sign and trade where the Raptors sign him, then trade him for a huge trade exception (the team with cap space absorbs his salary without giving up anything in return). Bosh would want this to happen, since it gets him a 6th year on the contract and about $4 million more over the first 5 years.

And you are correct, Bosh is in the drivers seat.

gospursgojas
07-03-2010, 07:03 PM
It was already turned down.

Lets not have 30 pages of every trade scenario possible to get bosh here

Obstructed_View
07-03-2010, 07:05 PM
If Bosh chooses to go to a team with cap space, instead of signing him outright, they can arrange a sign and trade where the Raptors sign him, then trade him for a huge trade exception (the team with cap space absorbs his salary without giving up anything in return). Bosh would want this to happen, since it gets him a 6th year on the contract and about $4 million more over the first 5 years.

And you are correct, Bosh is in the drivers seat.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2010, 07:05 PM
It was already turned down.

Lets not have 30 pages of every trade scenario possible to get bosh here

Yeah because you're forced to come in here and read every single one of them. Even if you don't, you'll have to move your mouse cursor an extra quarter of an inch down to click on the next thread. What drudgery.

rascal
07-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Saw this espn article by Adande (can't give link from this computer...blocked at work).

Spurs offered to do a sign n trade deal for Bosh, only to be turned down.

Offered crap I am sure.

rascal
07-03-2010, 07:09 PM
I wonder what the Spurs offered.

Tony Parker?

George Hill and Splitter's rights?

Those are the only two packages I think Toronto would consider. I think the Spurs should absolutely get Bosh if they can, even if they have to trade Parker.

I am sure they did not offer Parker.

rascal
07-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Even though there is a limited chance for the Spurs to get Bosh, the fact that they made an offer surely means quite a few people around here that have scoffed at the notion need to clean the egg from their face.

Until the Spurs land Bosh there is no egg on anyones face who said the spurs would not get Bosh.

gospursgojas
07-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Yeah because you're forced to come in here and read every single one of them. Even if you don't, you'll have to move your mouse cursor an extra quarter of an inch down to click on the next thread. What drudgery.

Just getting impatient with this off season. SOMETHING HAPPEN ALREADY

dbestpro
07-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Until the Spurs land Bosh there is no egg on anyones face who said the spurs would not get Bosh.

When people talked about it earlier they were trashed by some as it was an impossibility. Obviously, if an offer was made it is not an impossibility.

I was wondering who would be the first to reply. Maybe somebody needs a napkin.

Skywalker
07-03-2010, 09:15 PM
If I'm Toronto, I'd want Hill, Manu, Blair, and Splitter's rights.

Any spurs fan still interested? I hope not.

Those 4 will play some of the biggest roles in our teams quest for a championship this year.

As for Parker, any team trading for him would have to be guaranteed that he's gonna re-up with them. This most certainly has been pointed out by numerous posters already, sorry I'm late to the party.

I don't think Tony is looking to move to Toronto with Eva's career being in LA and her roots being in south Texas...even if it is for max money.

Other teams will come calling for Tony and dangling max money when the time is right. We'll see what he chooses to do.

Til then, get Splitter signed please.

Dro210
07-03-2010, 09:19 PM

lolololol.... :lmao:lmao:lmao

Who do you think Chris Bosh is? Michael Jordan in his prime with access to the fountain of youth and a lifetime contract?

The Raptors are in no position to be demanding of anything anyway.

Dr Cox
07-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Parker bonner mason or dick the four expiring contracts is what I would give for him.

The twin towers all over again

Skywalker
07-03-2010, 09:34 PM
lolololol.... :lmao:lmao:lmao

Who do you think Chris Bosh is? Michael Jordan in his prime with access to the fountain of youth and a lifetime contract?

The Raptors are in no position to be demanding of anything anyway.

I was just taking a glance from Toronto's point of view.

Our Spurs are obviously not foolish enough to offer that much.

But as we can see, the Raptors are not foolish enough to trade a max player for bench fodder either.

benefactor
07-03-2010, 11:01 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AihGF7LXI6uEHyH3fjAivPu8vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz070310

The Raptors are still open-minded about the possibility of a sign-and-trade with their All-Star and have done extensive research on possible scenarios with each potential trade partner. The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Lakers are among the teams in the luxury tax who have interest in a possible sign-and-trade for Bosh.

benefactor
07-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Splitter's rights possibly involved?

ducks
07-03-2010, 11:06 PM

Any spurs fan still interested? I hope not.

Those 4 will play some of the biggest roles in our teams quest for a championship this year.

As for Parker, any team trading for him would have to be guaranteed that he's gonna re-up with them. This most certainly has been pointed out by numerous posters already, sorry I'm late to the party.

I don't think Tony is looking to move to Toronto with Eva's career being in LA and her roots being in south Texas...even if it is for max money.

Other teams will come calling for Tony and dangling max money when the time is right. We'll see what he chooses to do.

Til then, get Splitter signed please.

bosh is worth manu

Gino2882
07-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Splitter's rights possibly involved?

I would have to think so. Getting Bosh is a pipedream if you ask me, but it would be a hell of a coup. Chris Bosh is an elite PF. Bosh is the type of talent who could step into Duncan's spot in 2 years and carry on the Spurs' legacy.

I don't think Bosh himself has given much thought to San Antonio. I don't know if he has much interest in coming here.

I think the deal for the Spurs starts with Splitter/Hill and a 1st rounder.

benefactor
07-03-2010, 11:17 PM
McDyess, S&T Jefferson, Splitter's rights and unguaranteeds for Bosh. Do it.

Thompson
07-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I think the deal for the Spurs starts with Splitter/Hill and a 1st rounder.

Giving up 2-3 good/very good players (on relatively low salaries) for Bosh on a max contract? I'm not sure if that's really worth it. If it would make us a lock for at least a 5th ring I could understand it, but I don't think it really does.

Vic Petro
07-03-2010, 11:25 PM
McDyess, S&T Jefferson, Splitter's rights and unguaranteeds for Bosh. Do it.

Don't think Jefferson fits with Hedo still there.

Since crazy trades are being thrown out everywhere, how about

Tony to NYC

David Lee, Dice and Splitter to Toronto

Bosh and Wilson Chandler to SA

Obstructed_View
07-04-2010, 12:02 AM

Yeah, I'm with you on that. :toast

Shastafarian
07-04-2010, 12:13 AM
How about:

Toronto sends:
Chris Bosh
Jose Calderon

San Antonio sends:
Tony Parker
DeJuan Blair
Richard Jefferson

New York sends:
Wilson Chandler
Toney Douglas
Eddy Curry

Toronto gets:
Tony Parker
Eddy Curry

San Antonio gets:
Chris Bosh
Toney Douglas
Wilson Chandler

New York gets:
DeJuan Blair
Jose Calderon
Richard Jefferson

It's not one-sided at all!

Plus I'm not too sure the salaries would be close enough. It would depend on Jefferson and Bosh. Toronto would never do it unless Bosh demanded to be sent to SA.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2010, 12:19 AM

And it looks like this shit's going to be dragged out a little longer; word from ESPN is that dumbfuck in Cleveland is going to let the NBA jerk on his meat for another five days. Could have sworn he said something about protecting the privacy of his family and shit only a few days ago. Idiot.

ploto
07-04-2010, 08:28 AM
To equal Bosh's salary and to get any interest from Toronto, the Spurs would have to include Tony or Manu. They have no need for a S&T Jefferson or McDyess.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Giving up 2-3 good/very good players (on relatively low salaries) for Bosh on a max contract? I'm not sure if that's really worth it. If it would make us a lock for at least a 5th ring I could understand it, but I don't think it really does.

2 or 3 good players do not equal a superstar, heck - 10 good players do not equal 1 superstar. Superstars win championships. If the Spurs can get Bosh or another superstar without giving Tim, Tony or Manu, then that would be a no brainer decision. Unfortunately it's highly unlikely to happen.

quentin_compson
07-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes. That is why he is probably going to sign whereever DWade or LeBron sign.

Think, man. :nope

Probably? Well, we'll see. I'm still not sold on the notion that there will necessarily be a superstar team with Wade/LeBron + Bosh.

Skywalker
07-04-2010, 09:13 AM
bosh is worth manu

No offense ducks, but sometimes I think you'd be willing to trade Manu for a new coyote costume.

On paper, yes, Manu is definitely part of the package to get Bosh and it seems like a good trade for the Spurs. But that's on paper.

Bosh is a talent in Toronto, but it remains to be seen what kind of player he would be in the Spurs system.

Manu, on the other hand is the heart and soul of this team come crunch time.

You cannot underestimate the devastating impact trading Manu would have on this whole team. Not to mention, that a large part of Tiago's desire to come to the Spurs would have just been flushed down the toilet as well.

So no, no way I'd pull the trigger on a trade of Manu unless he specifically wanted it.

wut
07-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Honestly Bosh is a pipe-dream guys.... he does NOT want to play here, plain and simple. He has an agent whispering into his ear Lebron or Wade combo on the eastcoast max money. Why would Bosh want in any shape or form to play in San Antonio where everyone has this weird perception that the team is about to crumble? Guys like Bosh don't want to play in Podunk San Antonio.

ChuckD
07-04-2010, 09:24 AM
I don't get all of the Bosh knob-slobbering. He's an All Star, but NOT a superstar. Think about it: in a horribly weak EC, he couldn't even take a team to the playoffs. The nightmare scenario is that Tim retires, we're stuck with Bosh, and are never good enough to make the WC playoffs, never bad enough to get that top 3 pick, and cap bound by his contract. It could take you 4-5 years just to START your rebuilding process in that case.

rascal
07-04-2010, 10:31 AM
No offense ducks, but sometimes I think you'd be willing to trade Manu for a new coyote costume.

On paper, yes, Manu is definitely part of the package to get Bosh and it seems like a good trade for the Spurs. But that's on paper.

Bosh is a talent in Toronto, but it remains to be seen what kind of player he would be in the Spurs system.

You cannot underestimate the devastating impact trading Manu would have on this whole team. Not to mention, that a large part of Tiago's desire to come to the Spurs would have just been flushed down the toilet as well.

So no, no way I'd pull the trigger on a trade of Manu unless he specifically wanted it.

With another capable sg now Anderson, Manu is even more expendable for an all star big . Anderson and Hill can cover the 2 guard spot and Bosh would be a big upgrade over McDyess/Bonner. The spurs are a better team replacing Manu with Bosh.

But the spurs are not trading Manu and Bosh will not be coming to the Spurs just replying on the fact that you would not make that trade.

rascal
07-04-2010, 10:45 AM

Seems like a good trade because it would be a good trade.

He will also be a talent on the spurs.

Just an emotional response. Heart and soul of the team is overrating Manu.

You are failing to also consider the impact of acquiring Bosh would do to the impact of the team. Who says Splitter's decision rests on Manu being with the team.

ChuckD
07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
With another capable sg now Anderson, Manu is even more expendable for an all star big . Anderson and Hill can cover the 2 guard spot and Bosh would be a big upgrade over McDyess/Bonner. The spurs are a better team replacing Manu with Bosh.

But the spurs are not trading Manu and Bosh will not be coming to the Spurs just replying on the fact that you would not make that trade.

Based on 1 Nov - 15 April that might be a good trade, but Manu is a playoff stud, and Bosh is a playoff dud, when he makes it at all.

Horrible trade for a team chasing a ring.

Mal
07-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Bosh sucks. Spurs aren`t going anywhere with him as leader when TD retires.

Mal
07-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Bosh sucks. Spurs aren`t going anywhere with him as leader when TD retires.

ducks
07-04-2010, 02:20 PM
bosh on the spurs locked up when make tp want to stay on the spurs longer

Mel_13
07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
bosh on the spurs locked up when make tp want to stay on the spurs longer

:wtf

Anyone able to translate this from ducks to english?

Shastafarian
07-04-2010, 02:35 PM

bosh on the spurs locked up would make tp want to stay on the spurs longer

my best guess

ducks
07-04-2010, 02:49 PM
tp wants to win
tp by himself is not going to win a title
tp and bosh would win games

Mel_13
07-04-2010, 02:55 PM
bosh on the spurs locked up would make tp want to stay on the spurs longer

my best guess

Thanks

tp wants to win

Well, you could have said that to begin with.

texbound
07-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Don't think Jefferson fits with Hedo still there.

Since crazy trades are being thrown out everywhere, how about

Tony to NYC

David Lee, Dice and Splitter to Toronto

Bosh and Wilson Chandler to SA

That's actually not a bad trade scenario.

Following the same theme here, I think NY should throw in Danilo Gallinari to Toronto. The Raps could have a starting lineup that consists of:

PG - Jose Calderon
SG - Marco Belinelli
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Danilo Gallinari
C - Andrea Bargnani

AFBlue
07-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Again, nowhere has it been said that Bosh included the Spurs among the teams he'd be willing to go in a sign-and-trade scenario. The list he provided the Raptors only had the Mavs and Rockets, IIRC.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2010, 03:22 PM

I believe he's talking about an old wooden ship used during the Civil War era.

ploto
07-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Another free agent who could ultimately figure into all of this is the Knicks' own David Lee, who Sheridan reports is amenable to going to Toronto in a sign-and-trade for Chris Bosh. Sheridan also reports that the Raptors would welcome such a swap.

The Knicks have communicated to Amar'e Stoudemire that they are willing to offer him a maximum-salary contract of $100 million over 5 years without yet making him a firm offer.

The reason the Knicks are holding off is to wait for decisions from James, Bosh and Dwyane Wade.

At the heart of the matter is with whom James and Bosh prefer to play and in which city each prefers to play.

On Thursday, New York's management told James he can bring any other maximum-level player with him, or he could agree to play with David Lee re-signed by the Knicks at some number below the max-salary amount.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67824/20100704/lee_raptors_amenable_to_sign_and_trade_sending_bos h_to_knicks/#ixzz0slFHLcf4

What if Bosh and LeBron ended up in NY? Would they still have room for TP next summer?

ducks
07-04-2010, 07:03 PM
david lee liked the wolves !

ducks
07-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Another free agent who could ultimately figure into all of this is the Knicks' own David Lee, who Sheridan reports is amenable to going to Toronto in a sign-and-trade for Chris Bosh. Sheridan also reports that the Raptors would welcome such a swap.

The Knicks have communicated to Amar'e Stoudemire that they are willing to offer him a maximum-salary contract of $100 million over 5 years without yet making him a firm offer.

The reason the Knicks are holding off is to wait for decisions from James, Bosh and Dwyane Wade.

At the heart of the matter is with whom James and Bosh prefer to play and in which city each prefers to play.

On Thursday, New York's management told James he can bring any other maximum-level player with him, or he could agree to play with David Lee re-signed by the Knicks at some number below the max-salary amount.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67824/20100704/lee_raptors_amenable_to_sign_and_trade_sending_bos h_to_knicks/#ixzz0slFHLcf4

What if Bosh and LeBron ended up in NY? Would they still have room for TP next summer?

curry expires next year

Mel_13
07-04-2010, 09:32 PM

If you're assuming that Tony would get a max contract, probably not.

Larry Coon, the CBA guru, did a live chat on ESPN yesterday. Someone asked if New York would have enough room to sign Melo next summer if they signed two max FAs this summer.

Even if you assumed no major changes in the 2011 CBA and they got rid of everyone else besides Gallinari, they probably wouldn't have enough space for three max players, Gallinari, and a bunch of minimum contracts. If there is a substantial decrease in the salary, then there's no way.

bigzak25
07-05-2010, 06:50 AM
tp wants to win

I agree they'd win games, I just don't see them winning games in June.

This Spurs team with Splitter, Anderson, maybe a LLE vet added to the core could do it...this year, maybe next if TP sticks around.

TP wants to win, no doubt. I gotta lot of love for TP and he hit some pretty clutch shots last year when needed most. That said, I think he wants to win while getting paid max dollars. Since I think we should expect him to return to playing international ball after he gets his contract, I don't think the Spurs will offer that.

Personally, I'd look to see what the Clippers have, as that would be trading him to LA, where he could be with his wifey, and to a place where he would be getting max dollars easily. Just not sure who the Spurs could get or would want in return in that scenario.

Who would the Lakers be willing to part with? (I know, the horror!) :lol

bigzak25
07-05-2010, 07:10 AM

I agree with the fact that the Spurs have some capable wing players, in Hill, and with Anderson who I think will be a stud.

However, putting the clutch time, playoff pressure on a rookie and still developing GHill, the pressure that Manu has shouldered in the past and will shoulder again since I expect Pop to limit his minutes due to the aforementioned younger wings, but to expect the younger guys to step up and fill that role is very risky. Maybe they step up and hit a few shots, but Manu is just not that easily replaced man. We all saw his impact prior to his broken nose. That's a very very high level of play your proposing that George and the rook can replace.

Of course Bosh is an upgrade over McDyess and Bonner, but I don't know that he's much of an upgrade over Splitter who I expect to sign shortly.

Neither has played in the Spurs system yet, but I expect Splitter to fit in seamlessly once he learns the system.

Seems like a good trade because it would be a good trade.

He will also be a talent on the spurs.

Just an emotional response. Heart and soul of the team is overrating Manu.

You are failing to also consider the impact of acquiring Bosh would do to the impact of the team. Who says Splitter's decision rests on Manu being with the team.

So it's still a bad trade imo. Bosh will be a talent anywhere he plays, but I don't think he impacts the game like Manu does. You take out emotion and just look at what Manu did at the end of last year and you realize the truth. And the quote was heart and soul of the team in crunch time. Of course Bosh would make the team better, but I think the Spurs championship hopes in the TD era are diminished greatly.

And equally, who says Splitter's decision doesn't rest with Manu being on the team?

Speculation on both sides.

But I know if I was considering joining the Spurs and about to sign, when all of a sudden, they trade away one of my best buddy Scola's compadres, who's a proven baller, for a guy that is going to take alot of my minutes all of a sudden. I know i'd have second and maybe even third thoughts about staying in Europe.

Brazil
07-06-2010, 08:11 PM
didn't see posted in spurs forum

some espn rumors (sources)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607)

Sources: Raptors OK with Bosh to Cavs

if true I don't understand tor logic to have rejected a supposed spurs offer including parker

07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
raptors want players under contract because they know their players will bail once they get the chance. parker's contract will be up so they most likely will not want to lose him like bosh.

lurker23
07-06-2010, 08:18 PM
didn't see posted in spurs forum

some espn rumors (sources)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607)

Sources: Raptors OK with Bosh to Cavs

if true I don't understand tor logic to have rejected a supposed spurs offer including parker

I think it's more likely that Bosh didn't want to go to San Antonio. It sounds like he doesn't want to go to Cleveland, and they're somewhat similar situations- smaller markets (at least compared to NY, LA, Chi, etc.) who can win now, but where he may be buried a bit, both as an offensive option and media-wise.

Brazil
07-06-2010, 08:23 PM
raptors want players under contract because they know their players will bail once they get the chance. parker's contract will be up so they most likely will not want to lose him like bosh.

thats an interesting take

Brazil
07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
I think it's more likely that Bosh didn't want to go to San Antonio. It sounds like he doesn't want to go to Cleveland, and they're somewhat similar situations- smaller markets (at least compared to NY, LA, Chi, etc.) who can win now, but where he may be buried a bit, both as an offensive option and media-wise.

if true this guy is not interested whatsoever by winning which is pretty sad

DPG21920
07-06-2010, 08:28 PM
if true this guy is not interested whatsoever by winning which is pretty sad

How so? He can team up with Wade and have a good chance at winning. Or he could go to Chicago and win. Much more attractive cities and they can win.

Brazil
07-06-2010, 08:32 PM
How so? He can team up with Wade and have a good chance at winning. Or he could go to Chicago and win. Much more attractive cities and they can win.

I thought toronto doesn't have interests in Miami players and.... well, I forgot the bulls :lol this soap opera FA is driving me crazy

DPG21920
07-06-2010, 08:34 PM
I thought toronto doesn't have interests in Miami players and.... well, I forgot the bulls :lol this soap opera FA is driving me crazy

Bosh could still go to Miami as a FA without a S&T. Hopefully this all becomes clearer by weeks end.

rascal
07-07-2010, 11:36 AM
San Antonio is a hell hole for most top free agents.

rascal
07-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I agree with the fact that the Spurs have some capable wing players, in Hill, and with Anderson who I think will be a stud.

However, putting the clutch time, playoff pressure on a rookie and still developing GHill, the pressure that Manu has shouldered in the past and will shoulder again since I expect Pop to limit his minutes due to the aforementioned younger wings, but to expect the younger guys to step up and fill that role is very risky. Maybe they step up and hit a few shots, but Manu is just not that easily replaced man. We all saw his impact prior to his broken nose. That's a very very high level of play your proposing that George and the rook can replace.

Of course Bosh is an upgrade over McDyess and Bonner, but I don't know that he's much of an upgrade over Splitter who I expect to sign shortly.

Neither has played in the Spurs system yet, but I expect Splitter to fit in seamlessly once he learns the system.

So it's still a bad trade imo. Bosh will be a talent anywhere he plays, but I don't think he impacts the game like Manu does. You take out emotion and just look at what Manu did at the end of last year and you realize the truth. And the quote was heart and soul of the team in crunch time. Of course Bosh would make the team better, but I think the Spurs championship hopes in the TD era are diminished greatly.

And equally, who says Splitter's decision doesn't rest with Manu being on the team?

Speculation on both sides.

But I know if I was considering joining the Spurs and about to sign, when all of a sudden, they trade away one of my best buddy Scola's compadres, who's a proven baller, for a guy that is going to take alot of my minutes all of a sudden. I know i'd have second and maybe even third thoughts about staying in Europe.

The spurs will not win another title with TD, Manu and Parker as their top 3 players. That window is closed.

coyotes_geek
07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
San Antonio is a hell hole for most top free agents.

Hard to land top free agents when you're over the cap and not able to offer top dollar contracts.

Blackjack
07-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I'd say Tim Duncan was a top free-agent; definitely more so than Bosh who left his drafted team . . .

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I'd say Tim Duncan was a top free-agent; definitely more so than Bosh who left his drafted team . . .

+1 on TD, but I can't fault Bosh for wanting to leave the Raptors.

bigzak25
07-07-2010, 05:19 PM
The spurs will not win another title with TD, Manu and Parker as their top 3 players. That window is closed.

Your statement might be correct for two reasons. Firstly, I'm not sure Parker is gonna last the whole season as a Spur. Secondly, I expect Tiago to be counted as one of the Spurs top 3 players very shortly.