PDA

View Full Version : God Bless Dirk dude signed for less than the max

Amarelooms
07-03-2010, 08:26 PM
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Props to him....I would have done to same to help the team. Everyone a fan of the NBA and basketball should cheer and support Dirk. Let's all give him our appreciation in this thread.

I'll start...good job Dirk...hopefully Cuban will make some moves to give you help. You deserve to win a championship.

God bless you all and your families on this 4th of July Holiday.

:elephant

sribb43
07-03-2010, 08:30 PM
What a guy taking less $$ so that Cuban will be able to feed his family now

BlackSwordsMan
07-03-2010, 08:31 PM
This doesn't leave much for Lebron to come to the mavs.

Giuseppe
07-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Nobody, I said [nobody] "deserve" a championship.

That's pussy talk.

I don't understand Cuban here: he has another golden opportunity to cut deadwood, ala Nash years ago and he chickens out this time. Why?

Amarelooms
07-03-2010, 08:32 PM
This doesn't leave much for Lebron to come to the mavs.

Lebron can't be signed by the Mavs...only via sign & trade and that's not going to happen....

If you are not going to give Dirk props here...get the f out my thread dummy.

Amarelooms
07-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Nobody, I said [nobody] "deserve" a championship.

That's pussy talk.

I don't understand Cuban here: he has another golden opportunity to cut deadwood, ala Nash years ago and he chickens out this time. Why?

Get out my thread dummy...

BullsDynasty
Every year I always root for the Mavs to make it out of the West only because of Dirk.....

BlackSwordsMan
Dirk is a trooper! He re-signed to a team that is going no where!

Giuseppe
07-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Get out my thread dummy...

Lick me down low.

Giuseppe
07-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Every year I always root for the Mavs to make it out of the West only because of Dirk.....

Good for you. Now go some where and happen, asshole.

Amarelooms
07-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Dirk is a trooper! He now owns Duncan who is old and needs to retire. God bless Dirk and the Dallas Mavericks

sribb43
07-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Now use that $16 mil Dirk just save you Cubes and overpay to bring Haywood back

BullsDynasty
07-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Good for you. Now go some where and happen, asshole.

Cry less.

Basketballgirl25
07-03-2010, 08:58 PM
good for Dirk for taking less than the max, even if he doesn't win any finals before is stops playing he will go down as a loyal player which you gotta like

TheChillFactor
07-03-2010, 08:59 PM
yay! more money for crap centers like dampier!

MavDynasty
07-03-2010, 08:59 PM
good for Dirk for taking less than the max, even if he doesn't win any finals before is stops playing he will go down as a loyal player which you gotta like

stop posting

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2010, 09:59 PM
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Props to him....I would have done to same to help the team. Everyone a fan of the NBA and basketball should cheer and support Dirk. Let's all give him our appreciation in this thread.

I'll start...good job Dirk...hopefully Cuban will make some moves to give you help. You deserve to win a championship.

God bless you all and your families on this 4th of July Holiday.

props? don't think so...Kobe just refused to pay him more that's all...Dirk knows the fucking drill....play hard but when the Owner (Kobe) comes to town roll your ass over and play dead...you know the drill...

koriwhat
07-03-2010, 10:09 PM
just like his fans... he will remain a loser. break a leg dirk!

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Dallas has like ten 50 win seasons in a row thanks to Dirt....he's a bad ass Nazi....

JamStone
07-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Cool of Dirk to take less than the max. But I don't see how it matters either way. Mavs still over the cap, still over the luxury tax threshhold, and Cuban doesn't mind spending money or losing money anyway.

Doesn't really change anything, especially for this summer. The money saved doesn't help the Mavs get anyone of consequence this summer. And it actually doesn't really help them next summer either. So, maybe signing for less helps them two years from now for the 2012-13 season? Maybe.

Ummm ok. Nice gesture, but inconsequential.

koriwhat
07-03-2010, 10:32 PM
dirk is going to blow out an acl because ms cleo told me so.

koriwhat
07-03-2010, 10:33 PM
GkDlaa9nMVQ&feature

still not as gay as the fans who cheer for them.

Xevious
07-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Props to Dirk for being a loyal team player.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-03-2010, 10:45 PM
i wonder if dirk ever hits the flex in the clubs? maybe dirk stayed cuz he liked to hit the stanky leg

Mavs_man_41
07-03-2010, 10:55 PM
dirk is going to blow out an acl because ms cleo told me so.

it's gonna be a fun day if you ever go to a GTG

Kindergarten Cop
07-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Cool of Dirk to take less than the max. But I don't see how it matters either way. Mavs still over the cap, still over the luxury tax threshhold, and Cuban doesn't mind spending money or losing money anyway.

Doesn't really change anything, especially for this summer. The money saved doesn't help the Mavs get anyone of consequence this summer. And it actually doesn't really help them next summer either. So, maybe signing for less helps them two years from now for the 2012-13 season? Maybe.

This is what I was thinking as well. It is pretty awesome of Dirk to help save Cuban some coin, but it really does nothing to help the Mavs in bringing in new players. They would have been able to do everything that they can do now that he has agreed to a reduced deal that they would have been able to do had he gotten a max deal (and he most definitely could have gotten it from Dallas or a handful of other teams). I do applaud him for being unselfish, similar to the way that Duncan did a few years back.

Leetonidas
07-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Damn, he turned down less money and a shot for a title and took less money to stay with his current team and never win a title.

What a loyal guy. Mavfan should be blessed they have such a nice superstar. :tu

TheSpursFNRule
07-03-2010, 11:58 PM
As much as I hate the Mavs gotta commend Dirk for this one. Dude doesn't deserve all the shit he gets. I would like to see him win a ring, as long as its not at the Spurs expense.

mavsfan1000
07-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Dirk is a warrior. Too bad he won't end up with a championship. He should've signed with a championship caliber team and put them over the top. But I guess loyalty is commendable.

slick'81
07-04-2010, 12:06 AM
very class act dirk is gonna do whatever he can to help dallas get over that hump

Roddy Beaubois
07-04-2010, 12:12 AM

Contrary to popular belief, Cuban doesn't have infinite money. Since he saved 16 million here (actually 32 in lux tax) maybe he spends a bit more bidding on a FA.

monosylab1k
07-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Contrary to popular belief, Cuban doesn't have infinite money. Since he saved 16 million here (actually 32 in lux tax) maybe he spends a bit more bidding on a FA.

Well the most they can offer any FA is the MLE. All this does is help if Cuban is forced to grossly overpay for Brendan Haywood.

Roddy Beaubois
07-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Cuban is forced to grossly overpay for Brendan Haywood.

Which I think he will be. Plus there are targets out there (Andre, Jefferson, Johnson?) that have high salaries.

DPG21920
07-04-2010, 12:19 AM
That's not necessarily true mono. Maybe that money saved means cubes takes on a player w a not so friendly contract to help the team now. Maybe like an iggy.

monosylab1k
07-04-2010, 12:22 AM
The Mavs were planning on making a move using the DUST chip for a guy with a big contract regardless of how much money Dirk took. That was already part of the plan. Dirk taking less than the max didn't change that.

But Dirk taking less than the max might mean Dallas will consider keeping Haywood even if someone else offers him retarded money. He's already gonna get stupid money, but one dumbass might push it to the retarded level, in which case a few extra bucks in Cuban's pocket might mean he'll match it.

Regardless of what happens, at this point keeping Haywood is a must for the Mavs.

sribb43
07-04-2010, 12:23 AM
That's not necessarily true mono. Maybe that money saved means cubes takes on a player w a not so friendly contract to help the team now. Maybe like an iggy.

true, either way Dirk taking less money allows Cuban to be much more open to add more salary

monosylab1k
07-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Cuban was planning to add salary anyways. The whole point of the DUST chip was to be able to take on that extra salary. Dirk taking less money wasn't going to change that.

Roddy Beaubois
07-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Regardless of what happens, at this point keeping Haywood is a must for the Mavs.

Unless we trade for Al Jefferson, if you even consider that a possibility.

Or are you one the mavfans who have decided against attaining a scoring center?

7 point ecstasy
07-04-2010, 12:28 AM

They don't need a scoring center when they have you Roddy!

EDIT: that was my 7th post!

monosylab1k

:lol I've been arguing for Jefferson more than any other Mavs fan. I'll take him before Joe Johnson.

I think Haywood is still a must even if Jefferson is brought in. Unless they make another move for Gortat.

Roddy Beaubois
Cuban was planning to add salary anyways. The whole point of the DUST chip was to be able to take on that extra salary. Dirk taking less money wasn't going to change that.

the main point of the Dust chip was to have a chance at a player like Lebron or Wade (who deserve max). Not necessarily trade for a player like Iggy with a ridiculous contract.

Roddy Beaubois
07-04-2010, 12:30 AM
I think Haywood is still a must even if Jefferson is brought in.

Thats an assload of money to spend on one position. Two good centers who be great but if a team offers Haywood a retarded amount of money, I would be ok with letting Haywood walk.

monosylab1k
07-04-2010, 12:31 AM
the main point of the Dust chip was to have a chance at a player like Lebron or Wade (who deserve max). Not necessarily trade for a player like Iggy with a ridiculous contract.

The main point of the DUST chip was getting another player to help the team while giving very little back to the other team. The main point of DUST absolutely was not to get LeBron or Wade, but DUST does make those guys a possibility.

7 point ecstasy
07-04-2010, 12:32 AM
DUST does make those guys a possibility.

I thought the best 7 point scorer in NBA history did?

dude1394
07-04-2010, 12:33 AM
The dirkster exemplifies everything good about sports. Thanks dude, I'll be in that arena every night cheering for ya.

It's been a privilege.

monosylab1k
07-04-2010, 12:34 AM

the DUST chip made LeBron or Wade possible before 7 point ecstasy was even drafted. They were talking about this last summer, brah.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-04-2010, 12:40 AM
I doubt this happens, but man, if Dallas just ends up cutting Dampier and not using the DUST chip to get someone, I don't even wanna think about the chode implosion we'll see in the NBA forum.

Roddy Beaubois
07-04-2010, 12:42 AM

tbh every team would like to have 40 point ecstasy, but Cuban has made it clear that he will only trade 50/40/80 ecstasy in special situations.

Roddy Beaubois
07-04-2010, 12:43 AM
I doubt this happens, but man, if Dallas just ends up cutting Dampier and not using the DUST chip to get someone, I don't even wanna think about the chode implosion we'll see in the NBA forum.

tbh, that wouldn't even get in my top 5 Maverick heart break list.

7 point ecstasy
07-04-2010, 12:43 AM
lol acting like it's hard to achieve 40 point ecstasy against a team coached by Don Nelson

Roddy Beaubois
07-04-2010, 12:44 AM
lol acting like it's hard to achieve 40 point ecstasy against a team coached by Don Nelson

no one else on my team was doin it.

Plus, what the hell I thought you were a Roddy fan? Why the hate all of a sudden?

monosylab1k
07-04-2010, 12:46 AM

If that happens I will have the biggest drunken meltdown ever. I've got a gallon of Jameson sitting in a closet with "Open only in the event of a complete DUST chip fuck up." You might actually be able to read me drinking myself to death on ST that night.

7 point ecstasy
07-04-2010, 12:47 AM
I am but I don't want to overrate him. I made the mistake of overrating the French soccer team. Even French G.O.A.T. Michael Peitrus should be way better than he is.

Roddy Beaubois
07-04-2010, 12:48 AM
its impossible to overrate 40 point ecstasy. Hes that good tbh.