PDA

View Full Version : World Cup's Cheating Problem

Capt Bringdown
07-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't need anymore reasons to despise soccer, but I found this article echoed some of my feelings about the so-called "beautiful game:"

But what this World Cup has proved without any doubt is that unfair and unsporting behavior is rife within the “beautiful game” and is a stain on the sport’s credibility.

World Cup's Cheating Problem (http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/soccer-cheating-that-s-really-unsportsmanlike--fbintl_ro-cheating070310.html)

American sports are far superior IMO. The rest of the world can shove soccer up their cheating, flopping, bawling, effeminate asses.

sefant77
07-03-2010, 10:09 PM
book the fucking divers and "his ellbow hit my chest but im holding my face" assholes postgame

LoneStarState'sPride
07-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Not even gonna touch the pandora's box of comparing American sports to soccer/football, but FIFA's lack of initiative on cleaning up rampant unscrupulous behavior on their sports' biggest stage is a huge reason for concern.

Capt Bringdown
07-03-2010, 10:28 PM
...FIFA's lack of initiative on cleaning up rampant unscrupulous behavior on their sports' biggest stage is a huge reason for concern.

Lack of initiative, or by design (intentional)?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Not even gonna touch the pandora's box of comparing American sports to soccer/football, but FIFA's lack of initiative on cleaning up rampant unscrupulous behavior on their sports' biggest stage is a huge reason for concern.

I'd have to agree, but all sports have their problems... like the MLB during the past post-season.. there were sooooo many bad calls and they really still havent done anything to fix it. With FIFA though the world cup is being watched by millions of people all over the world, including a bunch of newcomers.

ElNono
07-03-2010, 11:14 PM
There's no problem

lefty
07-04-2010, 12:05 AM
The title of this thread should have been: LOL Italy

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-04-2010, 12:33 AM
yep, the Lakers have proven the NBA is so clean :lmao

lefty
07-04-2010, 12:34 AM
And the MLB is a model of clean performances

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-04-2010, 12:35 AM
At least the 'World Cup' actually involves teams from around the world, unlike the 'World Series' etc :lmao

lefty
07-04-2010, 12:40 AM
At least the 'World Cup' actually involves teams from around the world, unlike the 'World Series' etc :lmao
NY Yankees World Champs bitch !!!!! :lol

Whisky Dog
07-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Every sport has that, and diving isn't cheating. It might be unsportsmanlike, but it isn't cheating it's trying to sell a non foul to get an advantage - the same way WRs do in football, basketball players do, etc. Even baseball is rampant with sign stealing and that kind of stuff which is closer to cheating. If you don't like futbol, fine, just stay in the other forums. Why do you care enough to comment here? Insecurity issues? Why does one sport have to be better than another when they're completely different?

Bukefal
07-04-2010, 04:05 AM

And the MLB is a model of clean performances

NY Yankees World Champs bitch !!!!! :lol

:lol :rollin

MannyIsGod
07-04-2010, 11:34 AM
The worst thing about Americans being exposed on a larger basis to the world cup is this kind of bullshit. You get Letterman asking about crooked refs and you get assholes calling it boring or calling out cheating yet those same people are cheering their asses off when Donovan pulls out a magical goal. I'd almost rather it never become big over here so we don't have to deal with this American superiority bullshit because when we don't dominate they simply make up stupid lame excuses in order to trash the sport.

American sports are better because of no cheating? Now that is fucking rich considering the MLB steroid era, the NBA ref and accusations of fixed games. I don't understand why someone living in such an obvious glass house would start to throw stones.

ALVAREZ6
07-04-2010, 01:10 PM
The worst thing about Americans being exposed on a larger basis to the world cup is this kind of bullshit. You get Letterman asking about crooked refs and you get assholes calling it boring or calling out cheating yet those same people are cheering their asses off when Donovan pulls out a magical goal. I'd almost rather it never become big over here so we don't have to deal with this American superiority bullshit because when we don't dominate they simply make up stupid lame excuses in order to trash the sport.

American sports are better because of no cheating? Now that is fucking rich considering the MLB steroid era, the NBA ref and accusations of fixed games. I don't understand why someone living in such an obvious glass house would start to throw stones.
:tu

It's become very obvious what American sports tradition is the past few years, at least in my life. The effect you describe is something similar that I see in different scales too. America goes along with what is hot at the moment in sports, and so many people and entire groups do this without ever having known anything about the certain sport but they will focus in for the short relevant time period and be all about that particular event, and then abandon and move on to the next one. People don't know shit about sports, it's mainly bandwagoners that want something to talk about or get hammered to. Living in the Philly area, you would not believe how the Phillies' fan base grew in the last 3 years. Literally at least 50-fold, thats no exaggeration. No one cared about the Phils much, now that's all I can hear about. Win a championship, boom, +5000% fan base. If they start sucking again in a few years, no one will care. A more recent example, during the Flyers' NHL Stanley Cup quest everyone was all about the Flyers, getting together and cheering them on, talking about it all like all of a sudden they know anything about hockey, and now the run is over. This was even more unbelievable simply because it's hockey we're talking about here, and it's not even necessary to explain how popular that sport is in our culture. I guarantee most didn't watch a single game of hockey at any level the previous 3 years of their lives, the later rounds of the playoffs rolled by and everyone was a Flyers fan.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, but that's just the sports culture lately in this country.

lefty
07-04-2010, 02:36 PM
:tu

It's become very obvious what American sports tradition is the past few years, at least in my life. The effect you describe is something similar that I see in different scales too. America goes along with what is hot at the moment in sports, and so many people and entire groups do this without ever having known anything about the certain sport but they will focus in for the short relevant time period and be all about that particular event, and then abandon and move on to the next one. People don't know shit about sports, it's mainly bandwagoners that want something to talk about or get hammered to. Living in the Philly area, you would not believe how the Phillies' fan base grew in the last 3 years. Literally at least 50-fold, thats no exaggeration. No one cared about the Phils much, now that's all I can hear about. Win a championship, boom, +5000% fan base. If they start sucking again in a few years, no one will care. A more recent example, during the Flyers' NHL Stanley Cup quest everyone was all about the Flyers, getting together and cheering them on, talking about it all like all of a sudden they know anything about hockey, and now the run is over. This was even more unbelievable simply because it's hockey we're talking about here, and it's not even necessary to explain how popular that sport is in our culture. I guarantee most didn't watch a single game of hockey at any level the previous 3 years of their lives, the later rounds of the playoffs rolled by and everyone was a Flyers fan.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, but that's just the sports culture lately in this country.

I have to disagree regarding the FLyers

They have a great fanbase; even they were struggling, the arena wasnt too empty

The ones who disappoint me are Blackhawks fans; when they were struggling, the United Center was half empty
Now that they are good, all of sudden the arena is filled, Michael Jordan is wearing a hockey jersey :hat, and Vince Vaughn and his hot brunette squeeze pop out of nowhere

Very disappointing, considering that Chicago has one of the Original 6 NHL teams

Alain
07-04-2010, 06:55 PM
A better understanding of the FIFA structure and functionnement might bring some perspective to the subject.

FIFA is the regroupment of every national federations in the world, from England to Andorre or Trinidad; and these national federations are the regroupment of every club of each country, pro and amateur.
So you get the picture: pros and amateurs elect the national representatives who elect the FIFA representatives (a nice job indeed!). Of course, the amateurs don't have exactly the same point of view as the pros, and their respective influence varies from a country to another (in France: 65% amateurs and 35% pros).

Thus the problem with changing the rules, using the video or even ading referees. The golden rule is: football should be played the same way everywhere and at every level, Old Trafford or Municipal Stadium, elite pro or chubby kids. Everywhere the same rules and the same context: 22 players, a field, a ball and (if available) 3 refs, and nothing more.

If you start adding some technology amateurs can't afford, then you create a separation which is the first step to an independant pro football, and FIFA surely don't want that.
So you have to deal with the political reality of this very rich and very powerfull organisation and admit that small countries referees, injustice, luck, cheating and many other irritating little things are part of the game, as well as magical moments, excitement and passion.

Capt Bringdown
07-05-2010, 11:38 AM
FIFA should have banned Suarez from World Cup (http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/fifa-should-have-banned-suarez-from-world-cup--fbintl_ap-wcup-johnleicester-030710.html)

Yet again, blatant cheating in soccer is not being adequately punished.

If you start adding some technology amateurs can't afford, then you create a separation which is the first step to an independant pro football, and FIFA surely don't want that.

LOL, this the WORLD CUP...supposedly the best soccer has to offer.

urunobili
07-05-2010, 01:51 PM
lol Yahoo hate
lol Americans with no clue of the sport
lol Suarez back for the final game doesn;t matter if it's 3rd place or final
lol Soredown
lol u mad?

MannyIsGod
07-05-2010, 02:05 PM
LOL Americans who never watch the sport being bitches acting like they know everything about soccer.

Ginobilly
07-05-2010, 02:10 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao at Ghana!

LMAO at you Ghana supporters!
:flipoff you Ghana for knocking off the US. Now feel our pain bitches.
:lmao at the biggest choke job in world cup history.
:lmao at 1 billion Africans crying.
:lmao at Italy, France, and Brazil.
:lmao at people wanting to change the rules because their cinderella team got knocked off! This is mans game people! Take your soft bitch ass feeling outta here and go watch the Womens world cup.
:lmao at cheating in Sports.
:lmao at Prince Boateng and Gyan crying on the floor.

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:4 ringes Faggots!!!

urunobili
07-05-2010, 02:19 PM
:lmao at people wanting to change the rules because their cinderella team got knocked off! This is mans game people! Take your soft bitch ass feeling outta here and go watch the Womens world cup.
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

ffadicted
07-05-2010, 04:02 PM
LOL Americans who never watch the sport being bitches acting like they know everything about soccer.

lol so true

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao at Ghana!

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:4 ringes Faggots!!!

lefty
07-05-2010, 04:45 PM
lol ghana
lol USA
lol Algeria

LoneStarState'sPride
07-05-2010, 06:39 PM
LOL "man's game." I'm sorry, I enjoy playing and watching soccer more than the average American (and definitely more than the average african American lol), but this WC has put on display yet again how much of the beautiful game is sullied by scores of aspiring thespians. From the Italians to the self-righteous Americans, the game is dominated by such poor behavior nearly every other minute of most games. I can't blame players for doing everything in their power to get ahead; I blame FIFA for turning a blind eye to the sports' problems when they have the power and capability to set an example not just for soccer around the world, but sport in general (looking @ you, NBA).

But I digress--say what you want about American football or rugby, but THOSE are men's games, if we define it as the ability to take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. Hard to fake getting clotheslined and being immediately expected back in the huddle or scrum.

Just my $.02--flame away!

MannyIsGod
07-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Oh the my balls are bigger than yours game. Why is this even discussed? Why the fuck are we worried about how soccer compares to other games? Since when is the only measure of a "man" how hard you hit? Lets put some NFL or rugby players on a pitch and see how long they can run around before they are fucking dying of exhaustion.

If you think American sports are better or more fucking manly then great, go watch them. I don't get the need for so many of my fellow Americans to dog on soccer and say that our more popular sports are better because "fill in the blank".

In the NBA you have just as much flopping as in soccer. In football you have idiots who celebrate every tackle like they just won the super bowl. In MLB you have the fear that anyone you root for has taken steroids. In the NHL, well nevermind LOL hockey.

But you get the point.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2010, 07:55 PM
do any of u guys watch womens soccer, thats tottally to mens soccer, at leasts these women stand back up after a tackle instead of tumble rolling on the ground trying to sell a foul

LoneStarState'sPride
07-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Oh the my balls are bigger than yours game. Why is this even discussed? Why the fuck are we worried about how soccer compares to other games? Since when is the only measure of a "man" how hard you hit? Lets put some NFL or rugby players on a pitch and see how long they can run around before they are fucking dying of exhaustion.

If you think American sports are better or more fucking manly then great, go watch them. I don't get the need for so many of my fellow Americans to dog on soccer and say that our more popular sports are better because "fill in the blank".

In the NBA you have just as much flopping as in soccer. In football you have idiots who celebrate every tackle like they just won the super bowl. In MLB you have the fear that anyone you root for has taken steroids. In the NHL, well nevermind LOL hockey.

But you get the point.

Dude, shut your fucking trap. I've been following the WC since I was 5. I never said American sports were better (in fact, I called out the NBA in my last post if you'd bothered to fucking read). I was taking issue with the rather ambiguous assertion that soccer is a "man's game." Define that, please? Oh, that's right, you can't--that's why I defined it according to the ability to come back just as strong after a hit (in football and rugby, the hits are car-force intensity. Oh, and see what I did there? I don't even like rugby, and it sure ain't an American game). Call it "toughness," if you will. Soccer, on the other hand, values athletes that have the most endurance, not toughness. Consider also, for all the running soccer players do, they don't have to go full tilt the entire time (also, that's why flopping happens more and more at the end of games--players trying to catch wind. Pull that shit in any other sport and see what happens).

At the end of the day, it's like comparing a sprinter to a long-distance runner--only the sprinter has to do it multiple times. Two completely different approaches to games--therefore two completely different definitions of "manly." Is that clear enough for you? Jesus H. Christ, don't pull that fucking American ignorance bullshit up in here.

ffadicted
07-06-2010, 05:38 AM
So much butthurt in this thread, ya'll just mad

Ginobilly
07-06-2010, 11:06 AM
You would of thought FIFA would implement instant replay towards the end of the games after "la mano de dios" debacle back in 86'. But it is what it is and the current players are at no fault why the game is played the way it is currently. Blame those old geezers from Switzerland.

Ginobilly
07-06-2010, 11:18 AM
do any of u guys watch womens soccer, thats tottally to mens soccer, at leasts these women stand back up after a tackle instead of tumble rolling on the ground trying to sell a foul

You do understand that Women's soccer is played at a much slower pace and way less physical than Men's soccer. Why do you think women don't play real baseball or football?

Ginobilly
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Everybody talks about the so called "cheating" in the Uruguay game, but nobody seems to give Muslera any props. Dude was freakin clutch in that game. Him and Forlan have icy cold Andean water following through their veins.:toast

rascal
07-06-2010, 11:46 AM
If a ball is clearly going in the goal and a player intentionally bats it away with a hand the goal stands and the player gets ejected. Just clean up the game to eliminate those type of plays.

Phenomanul
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
If a ball is clearly going in the goal and a player intentionally bats it away with a hand the goal stands and the player gets ejected. Just clean up the game to eliminate those type of plays.

That's how we handle those plays in the schoolyard... "gol sobre mano" / "goal over handball"

SevenX
07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
FIFA should have banned Suarez from World Cup (http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/fifa-should-have-banned-suarez-from-world-cup--fbintl_ap-wcup-johnleicester-030710.html)

Yet again, blatant cheating in soccer is not being adequately punished.

LOL, this the WORLD CUP...supposedly the best soccer has to offer.

Hey Capt Dipshit!

They followed the rules you moron.

lol butthurt faggot

urunobili
07-06-2010, 01:14 PM
daily mail in England adds to the butthurt...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1292310/WORLD-CUP-2010-Uruguay--enemies-football--dont-like-tell-them.html

ElNono
07-06-2010, 02:32 PM
daily mail in England adds to the butthurt...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1292310/WORLD-CUP-2010-Uruguay--enemies-football--dont-like-tell-them.html

lmao England

diego
07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
there isnt outright cheating by fifa, just players/teams testing the refs, that happens in every sport. but because of the politics you get crap refs placed to get votes, instead of the best refs possible. the reffing in domestic leagues tend to be better than this. every game i've seen holland play, van bommel gets away with coming in from behind to break a counter with no yellow. i'm 99% sure in the champions league that would get called.

a lot of people talk about technology, but there have been obvious, obvious mistakes that IMO were not a matter of seeing it better. the worst is the refs have double standards. they'll put a yellow on a guy for complaining, and not do anything when a guy kicks another before he can turn around to face him. i like that the rules are simple, but its possible to have better officiating just by improving the job structure, instead they just use it as an excuse to funnel funds and curry favor.

velik_m
07-06-2010, 11:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Yd4xq.png

LoneStarState'sPride
07-07-2010, 10:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Yd4xq.png

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Epic win!

/thread

hater
07-07-2010, 10:32 AM
:lmao Italy

:lmao Argentina

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2010, 11:21 AM
flopping and tryin to sell a foul or get the other guy red carded...gtfo

tumble rolling on the floor and then trainee pulls out his magic can and sprays that shit, next thing u know it the player is up and running 100% HP, stamina, mana...power above 9000

mabrignani
07-07-2010, 11:22 PM
lol Italy