PDA

View Full Version : Amare on Carmelo and Tony: "Both guys are ready to join me."

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Amar'e Stoudemire says Carmelo Anthony, Tony Parker are 'ready to join me' if he signs with Knicks
BY Mitch Abramson
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 4:00 AM

Amar'e Stoudemire got a large dose of New York Saturday night, taking in a Broadway show, watching incredulously as two reporters snuck into the theater and were chased out by the NYPD, and claiming that two other NBA superstars are ready to join him in a Knicks uniform if he decides to sign here.

Wearing a Yankees cap and leaning against a building on Eighth Ave., as he waited for his limo to pick him up from the musical "Rock of Ages," the free-agent forward confirmed that he will be meeting with the Knicks Monday, possibly to make a deal.

Then he dropped a bombshell that seemed too good to be true:

"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."

Asked about playing with. LeBron James, the 6-10 Stoudemire smiled and said, "That would be great," then headed to his white stretch limo.

Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, by his side for the show and on Eighth Ave., as his client was mobbed by fans, was asked if he believes Stoudemire will be a Knick after Monday's meeting. Walters smiled and, in full stride down 47th St., replied: "Yes, I mean we are here aren't we? Hopefully it goes well (Monday). We are here in New York, aren't we?"

The agent didn't say whether they plan to meet with any other teams or how long they would be in town.

Stoudemire plans to be in the Bronx Sunday to see the Yankees against the Blue Jays. He called Derek Jeter his favorite player and labeled Joba Chamberlain a close friend.

"I love New York, it's a great city," Stoudemire said, his expression unchanging. Asked if he plans on becoming a Knick, he said, "It's possible."

The 27-year-old then was asked what he would bring to the Knicks' depleted roster.

"We'll just have to wait and see," he muttered, staring out into a sea of fans passing by and calling his name.

He certainly sounded as if he's ready to become a Knick, saying of the team, "It's one of the most historic franchises in NBA history. It's a beautiful city. Madison Square Garden is definitely one of the most intriguing places to play. So they definitely have a few great points on their side."

Stoudemire equivocated when he was asked whether he was disappointed by not returning to Phoenix.

"The organization of Phoenix has been great my whole career," Stoudemire said. "I left my stamp on that organization as far as what we were able to accomplish. It was a great ride. So on to the next one."

But will he be riding with another All-Star or will he be riding the Knick express alone? A source told the Daily News that Anthony, who becomes a free agent in 2011, probably will sign a three-year extension to stay in Denver. The Daily News also reported earlier that Parker's name has been linked with the Knicks. Was Stoudemire being overly optimistic when he floated the names of Parker and Anthony potentially joining him in New York? Or was he making promises he can't keep?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_amare_rocks_on_bway.html

slick'81
07-04-2010, 01:23 AM
this fucking guy

Creation88
07-04-2010, 01:24 AM
gimme David Lee. their best player or someone better in a 3 way.

mingus
07-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Amare is the stupid type of person you just keep saying "sure" and "yes" to in order to shut the fuck up. i'm sure that's as far as the conversation went with Tony.

AFBlue
07-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Could be that Tony was just casually saying "that'd be cool" and Amar'e just went with it...or there could be genuine interest there. I think it's a little more substantial than the previous story though.

timvp
07-04-2010, 01:43 AM
I don't even know what to think. Amare is pretty damn dumb but there has to be something to this, right? He can't just totally be making it up.

If he is grouping Melo and TP, could Amare be talking about one of those players joining the Knicks after the season? Or is there some sort of TP trade being talked about?

This Amare ish has me confused . . .

noob cake
07-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Knicks getting TP? Possible
Knicks getting Melo? Near impossible
Knicks getting TP + Melo? I loled

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Very simple. Amare is talking out his arse as usual. Nothing to see here.

I trust our FO's acumen over a dumbass like Amare, and there's no way they give away TP for NYK dross.

timvp
07-04-2010, 01:48 AM
As far as trading TP to the Knicks, I don't like what the Knicks have to offer. Lee is pretty damn good but he's sure to get way overpaid. Gallinari is a pretty good prospect but how does a tweener forward fit with the Spurs? He'd have to play a lot of small forward and I don't think he's fast enough. Douglas would be a solid throw-in but where's the meat?

07-04-2010, 01:51 AM
he's probably just talking about next year. maybe he called up parker and melo and asked them if they would be interested with playing with him when they hit the free agency. what the hell are they supposed to say? "no i don't want to play with you, don't call me ever again?"

MaNu4Tres
07-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Amare seems like he's willing to wait a year for Melo and Tony to join him. Because Spurs aren't trading Parker and the Nuggets aren't trading Melo to the Knicks with what they have to offer.

Tony has mentioned he will not sign an extension anytime during this upcoming season and will wait til Free Agency next summer.

Based on that information (IMO), it's highly likely Parker will leave the Spurs for a situation like the one Amare has presented.

If this is the reality of it, Spurs would be wise to try to net some value out of Parker while they can. (Not for anything of course;it has to be the right deal.)

Luckily the Spurs have a guy on their roster from IUPUI who has progressed significantly enough to possibly become a reliable starting point guard in the league, even if his game isn't identical to prototypical point guard. He certainly has the ability to play the position on both ends.

AFBlue
07-04-2010, 01:52 AM
I don't even know what to think. Amare is pretty damn dumb but there has to be something to this, right? He can't just totally be making it up.

If he is grouping Melo and TP, could Amare be talking about one of those players joining the Knicks after the season? Or is there some sort of TP trade being talked about?

This Amare ish has me confused . . .

Most likely next season, but he could be putting pressure on them to force a trade before then. Doesn't mean either will follow through, but I don't know that I'd put it past Tony to request a trade if he were interested.

DynastyBuilder
07-04-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm getting Tony fatigue.

AFBlue
07-04-2010, 01:56 AM
As far as trading TP to the Knicks, I don't like what the Knicks have to offer. Lee is pretty damn good but he's sure to get way overpaid. Gallinari is a pretty good prospect but how does a tweener forward fit with the Spurs? He'd have to play a lot of small forward and I don't think he's fast enough. Douglas would be a solid throw-in but where's the meat?

Chandler, supposedly someone the Spurs targeted in the draft a few years back, is probably the most intriguing player they've got. Lee (S&T) + Chandler isn't enough, but that's probably as close as it gets.

timvp
07-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Chandler, supposedly someone the Spurs targeted in the draft a few years back, is probably the most intriguing player they've got. Lee (S&T) + Chandler isn't enough, but that's probably as close as it gets.

I don't recall the Spurs liking Chandler in the draft, though I could be wrong. His height and athleticism make him intriguing but I don't like the fit. Not a good shooter and doesn't give much effort defensively. He puts up good stats but that's mostly due to playing heavy minutes at a fast pace.

venitian navigator
07-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Gallinari is a good defender and three point shooter...in case we have a deal with N.Y. he's the only piece with real value and has to be included.
We have to consider that after that, for example, they could sign someone like R.J. too...
So the final package could be Parker + RJ for...

Only chance of N.Y trade I see :

TP for Chandler, Gallinari, Douglas, Curry (for salary reasons) and a 1th draft choice

I also believe the Anthony stuff is a real reach...as a lot of all the other stuff for N.Y....but to take from us Parker and RJ is less of a reach.

However, a three "stars" made of Parker, Jefferson and Stoudemire is really nothing special for the N.Y. team considering their expectations from this market...

MaNu4Tres
07-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Lee makes zero sense for the Spurs.

Especially if Splitter comes over for less than half of Lee's inflated price tag. (which came from playing in a fast pace system that equates to inflated statistics; especially in the rebounding department where he was the only big man on the floor to whore all the uncontested defensive rebounds).

It would be dumb basketball economics for the Spurs to add a 10 + million dollar salary to a potential set front-court of Splitter/Duncan--McDyess/Blair.

And a Gallinari/Chandler/Douglas deal isn't close to fair value for Parker.

Knicks also don't have a 1st round pick til 2054, so you can forget about the possibility of Knicks adding one of those.

DMX7
07-04-2010, 02:13 AM
Ahhh... Is Amare even allowed to be saying that about players under contract?

Ditty
07-04-2010, 02:18 AM
I still dont get why the knicks traded those 2 first round picks to the rockets i would of accepted them and maybe jordan hill at that time

Veterinarian
07-04-2010, 02:19 AM
Lee+Douglas+Chandler and some way into the future first round picks is about the best you can do. Chandler and Douglas both have great defensive potential from what I've seen. Problem is Chandler can't shoot. You shouldn't be taking back both Lee and Gallo because that would give you guys two below average frontcourt defenders.

spursfaninla
07-04-2010, 02:19 AM
This makes no sense.

I think Amare means next year, TP said it of-hand or something. Maybe TP said that if he got traded to NY, he would consider staying if amare was there. I could imagine that happening.

But, in the end, NY does not have any pieces that make sense for us.

If TP gets traded to NY, I will eat my Spurs cap.

MaNu4Tres
07-04-2010, 02:20 AM
I still dont get why the knicks traded those 2 first round picks to the rockets i would of accepted them and maybe jordan hill at that time

To get rid of Jared Jeffries and Jordan Hill's salary to clear more cap-space for this summer.

Veterinarian
07-04-2010, 02:21 AM
If you could find some way to throw McDyess in there that would help a lot in clearing some money and getting a big out of the rotation. Then Splitter could back up both Lee and Duncan.

Ditty
07-04-2010, 02:21 AM
To get rid of Jared Jeffries and Jordan Hill's salary to clear more cap-space for this summer.

jordan hill is not that bad of a player and 2 first round picks are too much just too get rid of jeffries salary they should have bought him out or whatever they could do

Chieflion
07-04-2010, 02:41 AM
LOL Amar'e "Dumbfuck" Stoudemire.

angelbelow
07-04-2010, 03:29 AM
bluff

smrattler
07-04-2010, 03:49 AM
"Was Stoudemire being overly optimistic when he floated the names of Parker and Anthony potentially joining him in New York? Or was he making promises he can't keep?"

Yes and yes!

naico
07-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Could it be that there's a trade offer on the table involving Parker, that doesn't interest the Knicks for now, but once Amare signs they'd pull the trigger?
Just thinkin' out loud here..

Obstructed_View
07-04-2010, 04:21 AM
Ahhh... Is Amare even allowed to be saying that about players under contract?

Legit question. Anyone know the answer? Is this any different from the Bones "get me out of here" comment? Where's the line?

silk
07-04-2010, 04:25 AM
this Amare guy is quite dumb..even if it's true, these statements could change the future negociations

m33p0
07-04-2010, 04:28 AM
new york spin doctors doing overtime

eric365
07-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Maybe tony is OK with Amare saying that.

By claiming he will go to NY next year as a FA he want to avoid a trade with a shitty team like the pacers rumor of last month.

That would make sence with l'equipe interview. One last year with the spurs and then going in a new challenge : NY with Melo and Amare.

For the spurs, it would be the worst case scenario. We would have nothing in return of TP.

ploto
07-04-2010, 08:22 AM
People who expect Tony to hang around for the demise of the Spurs are sure to be disappointed.

Tito_Trinidad
07-04-2010, 08:31 AM
So George Hill and Temple gonna be our PGs??? lol lol lol lol lol We are fucked then. IF we don't get Splitter, Spurs will have Big 1.5 (.75 Duncan + .75 Manu = Big 1.5).

dbestpro
07-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Amare can say what he wants to say. He is not under contract so their is no tampering.

I think in this world of appearance over fact that if you say things enough times they tend to become true. The same with a Parker trade.

For those of you who keep saying Hill is not a PG. Hill is a PG. Why? Because Pop says so. So, get use to it.

skinsfan1
07-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I hope tony doesnt leave, would be a sad day

Tito_Trinidad
07-04-2010, 08:48 AM
The positive aspect of this Amares wet fantasy is: Tony + Melo + Amare = No defense, happy game, fast-pace, NO CHAMPIONSHIP !!! lol lol lol

SenorSpur
07-04-2010, 08:54 AM
...and exactly what was it that the Suns organization was able to accomplish during the Stoudamire era that he's so proud of?

:lol at those who were clamoring for the Spurs to acquire this guy.

King
07-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Amare and Tony won't really scare anyone. He couldn't do much damage with one of the best PGs of all time spoon feeding him on a much more loaded team than the Knicks.

yavozerb
07-04-2010, 08:55 AM
If, a very big if tony was indeed traded to the knicks I would hope for Gallinari + a huge trade exemption (I believe this is possible since the knicks are under the cap). I would then go out and sign Felton from FA. So basically the trade would look like this:
TP for Gallinari + 10mil TE + Felton (signed FA)..I think this is possible or I could be talking out of my ass. In the end its much easier on us if TP just stays.

wut
07-04-2010, 08:56 AM
People who expect Tony to hang around for the demise of the Spurs are sure to be disappointed.
yeh someone put it best the other day saying that Parker is not the type of guy who will stick around on a team that can't give him exposure. The funny thing is that only way the team improves is by trading him.

You have to realize with comments like these, that Parker will become a distraction next season; it's best at this point for the Spurs to start shopping Parker around the league once Lebron is settled. It won't matter where Parker lands because he can become a top FA for next offseason; I think he'd approve any trade.

Knicks overpaid Amare big time...but I actually do believe Parker would do well on the Knicks....with all that exposure. But honestly after paying Amare 100 million 5 year deal how in the hell do they get a supporting cast...it's like TWolves all over again.

dbestpro
07-04-2010, 08:58 AM
If, a very big if tony was indeed traded to the knicks I would hope for Gallinari + a huge trade exemption (I believe this is possible since the knicks are under the cap). I would then go out and sign Felton from FA. So basically the trade would look like this:
TP for Gallinari + 10mil TE + Felton (signed FA)..I think this is possible or I could be talking out of my ass. In the end its much easier on us if TP just stays.

I thought I read somewhere that if we get a TE in a deal like this that it will screw with our cash to pay Splitter and actually only allow us yo have about 2 mil in the end.

yavozerb
07-04-2010, 09:00 AM
I thought I read somewhere that if we get a TE in a deal like this that it will screw with our cash to pay Splitter and actually only allow us yo have about 2 mil in the end.

Thanks for the info..Thought my idea sounded to good :lol

elbamba
07-04-2010, 09:22 AM
David Lee is overrated and benefits from playing in the system. Its like Golden State players who put up huge numbers. Lee can't play defense and will not do anything to make the Spurs better. The only way a trade for TP works with the Knicks is if another team is involved.

Seventyniner
07-04-2010, 09:25 AM

If the Spurs sign Splitter *before* making this hypothetical trade, then the TE would be intact.

Even if they traded Parker first, the Spurs would have enough cap space to sign Splitter and still have the TE...I think.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2010, 09:26 AM
The Knicks roster right now is garbage. The only Draft pick they have in the next two years is the Houston Rockets and that likely is pick 15 or worse. David Lee is a FA and could sign anywhere. The courting of Amare shows what the Knicks think of Lee since they play the same position.

The Spurs are a much better team than the Knicks EVEN WITH an aging Duncan and Ginobili. They actually have a core of 3-4 young players with potential (assuming Splitter comes in). The Knicks will win just enough games with Amare where they will not have any high lottery pick until the year 2013 at the earliest - by that time Amare's knees will be beyond repair. Going there is a recipe for losing like TP has never seen. That team will not play any D to save its life, especially if Stoudamire goes there.

All this crap from the NY Daily News lapdog is really starting to get irritating.

NY cannot just sign one free agent this year and wait till next year. They will get crucified by the local rags. I'd be less surprised if Jefferson took their money this year after all the good free agents turned them down (Amare included). RJ seems more interested in his address and guaranteed money than winning basketball games. He'll be more than happy to take the Knicks scraps.

Where did Amare go after his NY trip? Chicago and Miami to see what they could give him. What a moron.

The comments Stoudamire made just confirm what has been known forever - he is literally dumb as a box of rocks.

benefactor
07-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Amare being Amare. Nothing to see here.

Darthkiller
07-04-2010, 09:31 AM
how many time do i have to type this: gallinari is untouchable. even if there is a trade, it would be wilson chandler+ toney douglas .

SenorSpur
07-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I know the money factor was the tipping point, as always, but I find it funny thing that Amare really thinks he'll be happy in New York. With the added fan pressure and media scrutiny, not to mention the fact that he'll likely not be playing with another pass-first PG, he'll quickly come to regret by midseason - if not sooner. Book it!

kobyz
07-04-2010, 09:36 AM
do you think Spurs do this: Toney Douglas, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, David Lee for Parker, Blair?

mudyez
07-04-2010, 09:38 AM
do you think Spurs do this: Toney Douglas, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, David Lee for Parker, Blair?

not in a million year!

SenorSpur
07-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Why the hell would you want to throw Blair into the mix? The idea is get the most you can for Parker in a trade scenario. Absolutely no need to give the Knicks anything else of value in return. After all, remember THEY are the desparate team in this scenario.

Darthkiller
07-04-2010, 09:43 AM

did you even read my post?

gallinari is untouchable.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2010, 09:47 AM
The Spurs FO is going to try and get the most value for any player they trade. NY has very limited resources to trade because of their salary and draft pick dump. There are 28 other teams and probably 28 other teams with more desireable players or draft picks. Tony Parker does not have a no trade clause, so if he is told to pack in the next 9 months, he's gotta go anywhere the Spurs send him.

I doubt SA deals Parker now. The trade deadline is an entirely different story. We should know a lot more about the Spurs team by then.

NY does not have a right to get good players just because they are the Knicks. The Madison Square Garden faithful can watch Amare score 30 every night and lose by double digits all they want. The Knicks don't even have a MLE or LLE since they are under the salary cap.

Its seems amazing that people get paid hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars to run these NBA teams and about half of them can't figure out there are too many dollars chasing too few players this year. A couple of the teams with cap space are going to have to sign above average (not great) players for ridiculous money.

The Spurs FO did a smart thing signing Ginobili signing the way things have gone so far. He got a fair deal for short team to match his potentially productive years. A desparate team would have gone overboard to sign him this summer to more years.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-04-2010, 09:48 AM
did you even read my post?

gallinari is untouchable.

Hi Donnie Walsh.

Bukefal
07-04-2010, 09:50 AM
haha Amare. I don't think this will happen. It's just his crap. We will see though.

Skywalker
07-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Max money and New York might be too much for Tony and Eva to resist.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2010, 10:04 AM
The Knicks need to sign two max players now. JJ and Amare are the most likely guys. With the CBA in flux, there is now way of knowing what the salary cap will be to sign guys next summer. The cap may be drastically lower or there may be a lockout where no deals can take place.

Todays cap room may be yesterday's news. Room for a max contract may not be there. BTW Eddie Curry's expiring does not equate to a max deal.

ChuckD
07-04-2010, 11:16 AM
this fucking guy

This.

A'm'a'r'e is dumb as a post. Neither guy is a FA, and NY has nothing their teams want. :lol

MaNu4Tres
07-04-2010, 11:22 AM
This.

A'm'a'r'e is dumb as a post. Neither guy is a FA, and NY has nothing their teams want. :lol

Amare is obviously willing to wait one year. He's talking about next summer.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't get Amare - if he's so hot on the Knicks, why is he visiting the Bulls on Tuesday?

rjv
07-04-2010, 11:28 AM
even the knicks have to be shaking their heads on this one. the last thing they need is any suggestion of tampering.

Sausage
07-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Tampering much?

eric365
07-04-2010, 11:36 AM
The Spurs FO is going to try and get the most value for any player they trade. NY has very limited resources to trade because of their salary and draft pick dump. There are 28 other teams and probably 28 other teams with more desireable players or draft picks. Tony Parker does not have a no trade clause, so if he is told to pack in the next 9 months, he's gotta go anywhere the Spurs send him.

That's true but which team will give up a lot of assets to get 9 months of Tony Parker already commited to NY ???
By saying he goes to NY next year, he avoid any trade this year IMO

Pauleta14
07-04-2010, 11:59 AM
The more it goes, the more I'm sure Tony will sign an extention with the spurs...

This is just Tony "letting" his value going higher.

Remember how Manu looked so sure in interviews that last year would be his last with a spur uniform, you sow what happened...

ffadicted
07-04-2010, 12:02 PM
lmao I wonder if amare realizes that neither of these guys are free agents

gospursgojas
07-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Maybe targeting Tony and Melo next season is something the Knicks mentioned in trying to sell themselves to Amare. Amare, being the dumb bag of bricks that he is, then took that and ran with it.

Ya know...like when you ask your mom for a car on your 16th birthday and she says "we'll see" and you go around proclaiming to everyone in 4th period lunch that you're getting a car next year. Then, in a year everyone laughs at you as you stare out the school bus window.

Das Texan
07-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Amare is so fucking stupid.

I dont get him most of the time, and I sure as hell dont see no fit that actually makes sense for the Spurs..

SenorSpur
07-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't get Amare - if he's so hot on the Knicks, why is he visiting the Bulls on Tuesday?

Because he knows he can't win in New York. The Knicks are so far behind the rest of the NBA it's frightening. They've got a gutted roster, no draft picks, bad management and incompetent ownership. Both Amare and the Knicks know there is no way they're ever going to get a player of LeBron's magnitude.

The Knicks are even behind the Nets, who won all of 12 games last season. The difference? The Nets already have some good, young pieces, draft choices and an owner with unlimited resources and a hunger to get better. Their future is very, very bright.

Like almost every player, Amare wants the cash first. Certainly don't blame him for that. Amare is searching for both money and happiness and I'm not sure he's going to be able to achieve both. However, he's clearly hedging because he knows the immediate future in New York will be dismal.

Either way, he'll be a likely consolation prize to whichever team loses out in the LeBronathon. I'm certain that he'll eventually regret whatever decision he elects to make.

rjv
07-04-2010, 01:17 PM
what is obvious as well is that the knicks are not exactly jumping for amare as their first or even second choice.

noles1983
07-04-2010, 01:20 PM
i dont get the whole " knicks have nothing to justify trading parker" crowd. THE MOTHERFUCKER IS WALKING NEXT YEAR! Trade his ass for any decent deal so we get something instead of nothing.

LOL@MavsFan
07-04-2010, 01:24 PM
LOL Crymare

spurs10
07-04-2010, 01:28 PM
he's probably just talking about next year. maybe he called up parker and melo and asked them if they would be interested with playing with him when they hit the free agency. what the hell are they supposed to say? "no i don't want to play with you, don't call me ever again?"
yep...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Lets say the Knicks somehow (and your guess is as good as mine as to how they'd get Parker and Melo given how little worthy assets they have to trade) got these 3 guys, none of them would step up as the defensive anchor and leader any team coached by D'antoni will need. My guess is he'd go with Amare at center, Melo at PF, and Galinari at SF and they would play next to no D.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Lee makes zero sense for the Spurs.

Especially if Splitter comes over for less than half of Lee's inflated price tag. (which came from playing in a fast pace system that equates to inflated statistics; especially in the rebounding department where he was the only big man on the floor to whore all the uncontested defensive rebounds).

It would be dumb basketball economics for the Spurs to add a 10 + million dollar salary to a potential set front-court of Splitter/Duncan--McDyess/Blair.

And a Gallinari/Chandler/Douglas deal isn't close to fair value for Parker.

Knicks also don't have a 1st round pick til 2054, so you can forget about the possibility of Knicks adding one of those.

Lee would obviously be here to take the front court reigns over when Tim retires. They'd just be shortcutting the lotto ball hopes.

lurker23
07-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Lets say the Knicks somehow (and your guess is as good as mine as to how they'd get Parker and Melo given how little worthy assets they have to trade) got these 3 guys, none of them would step up as the defensive anchor and leader any team coached by D'antoni will need. My guess is he'd go with Amare at center, Melo at PF, and Galinari at SF and they would play next to no D.

Really, a D'Antoni team playing next to no D? Say it ain't so!

Yes, NYK is well on it's way to being Phoenix Suns East.

spursfan1000
07-04-2010, 02:14 PM
parker and melo need to speak up

mando6599
07-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Amare just reeks stupidity...ugh.

Das Texan
07-04-2010, 02:16 PM

parker signing an extension in october will be all he needs to say.

Cane
07-04-2010, 02:22 PM

Its the 4th of July weekend. They're probably too busy getting krunk :downspin:

fred33
07-04-2010, 02:58 PM

parker is in croatia with sean elliott claudia zapata amaury nolasco jennifer morisson

spursfaninla
07-04-2010, 03:06 PM
i dont get the whole " knicks have nothing to justify trading parker" crowd. THE MOTHERFUCKER IS WALKING NEXT YEAR! Trade his ass for any decent deal so we get something instead of nothing.

I think the whole TP thing has spun out of control on this board.

The new CBA will fundamentally alter many of the assumptions most crazy, over-reacting posters have been making about TP.

1. The only evidence of TP might leave is him making posturing statements about a new challenge after TD retires with a new team, made in the same breath as him saying he loves SA and wants to stay.

these are the same statments that Manu made just before he signed his recent deal.

2. TP has NEVER said he will not sign with SA. He said they are not offering him a contract right now.

3. This makes sense for the Spurs, since the new CBA will (almost certainly) be MUCH lower for players in TP range (they are saying around mid-level will be the max!).

4. The result: NO ONE will be able to give TP a better contract than the spurs, and his contract should be very affordable.

5. Spurs will have the following guys to keep TP interested:

blair
splitter
manu (still productive as a passer and shooter, prob. not much slashing)
anderson?
Hill

championship contender? Probably not, but not a bad team either. But the question will be, what team will be able to give him a better shot AND will have the caproom to take him? I don't see it.

Over the cap teams will probably be given much lower mid-level exceptions and LLE, so that will be proportional to the max.

I just don't see a reason, with the information we have of what will likely happen with the cba, with teams with likley cap room, and the state of the spurs in the near future, to assume TP would leave.

Behrooz24
07-04-2010, 03:08 PM
parker is in croatia with sean elliott claudia zapata amaury nolasco jennifer morisson

stalk much?

ChuckD
07-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Amare is obviously willing to wait one year. He's talking about next summer.

There's no practical way to save cap space for a year. There is a minimum salary figure that they must meet, and I can just about guarantee you that no one wants to sign a one year contract this summer, not with the lockout (and the new CBA) around the corner next year.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2010, 03:37 PM
That's true but which team will give up a lot of assets to get 9 months of Tony Parker already commited to NY ???
By saying he goes to NY next year, he avoid any trade this year IMO

Why would Parker scare off anyone who wants to pay him or overpay him? That would be stupid on his part. He can't commit to the Knicks anyway right now - he is not a free agent. A team trading for him gets his Bird Rights (assuming that stays in effect next year). Why would Parker want to depress his value to the Spurs if they want to trade him?

Besides, what is so great about playing for the freaking Knicks anyway? The expectations on that team are not based in reality. It's a bad basketball team with a very shaky near term outlook. It looks like basketball hell to me. It's only a good place for players who think about the number of zeros on the salary and not a win loss record.

D-rob fan
07-04-2010, 04:14 PM
This coming from the guy who said he was sure he was going to get invited by Lebron, Bosh and Wade to decide what they were going to do for free agency. Guess what, he got no invite. Amare talks out of his A$$.

LakerHater
07-04-2010, 07:18 PM
New York Knicks expected to target Spurs point guard Tony Parker to pair with Amar'e Stoudemire

BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Saturday, July 3rd 2010, 4:00 AM

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/07/03/alg_parker_suns.jpg Franklin/AP
Since Tony Parker (c.) is under contract with San Antonio, the Knicks would have to work out a trade to obtain the Spurs point guard and pair him with Amar'e Stoudemire.

That's Amar'e!

When it dawns on Amar'e Stoudemire that he'll no longer be running the pick-and-roll with Steve Nash, he might not want to join the Knicks. That's why it's Donnie Walsh's job to find Stoudemire a running mate and the player expected to be targeted is Tony Parker.
As the Daily News reported in April, the Spurs' point guard is hoping to be traded to the Knicks and has long wanted to play with Stoudemire. A person close to both players said Stoudemire and Parker hatched a plan to join forces in either Miami or New York.
"It's perfect for Tony because he wants to be in New York and he wants to play with Amar'e," said the source.
Since Parker is under contract with San Antonio, the Knicks would have to work out a trade, which would likely require the club taking back a big contract. A sign-and-trade with David Lee is a possibility, but not likely. The Knicks have also talked to New Orleans about Chris Paul but they don't have the resources to get him.

xellos88330
07-04-2010, 10:10 PM
In order for the Spurs to be crazy enough to let Parker walk, it would take more than 2 teams to get the deal done.

TD 21
07-05-2010, 12:48 AM
I buy this. While not to Stoudemire's extent, Parker has always wanted more attention and acclaim than he's received. He's never going to get that with the Spurs. Even if he picks up next season where he left off at the end of the 08-09 season, he's still going to be third in popularity to Duncan and Ginobili. With the Knicks, he'd receive tons more attention and be probably equally as popular as Stoudemire. Stoudemire always wanted to be loved and mentioned among the best players in the world more than he wanted to win. Parker, with three championships already under his belt, might be at the point where he values those two things equally.

He's made it clear he's probably leaving after the season. Whether it was because he feels he's never received enough respect (I'd imagine the coming off the bench, not having the ball in his hands when he had looked like the previous season he had become the clear cut first option and the Spurs not wanting to talk extension when he did were the final straws) because he believes next season is the big three's last shot at a championship or a combination of both, he went from saying San Antonio is his home base, first choice and he doesn't want to go nowhere to Pop told him he won't be traded this season, maybe after next season a change/new challenge will be good, in a matter of a few weeks.

timvp
07-05-2010, 01:09 AM
Parker has always wanted more attention and acclaim than he's received.

Link?

Why do Spurs fans make up this sort of thing? It's like they project what TP should feel rather than anything he has ever said, done or indicated.

Ridiculous.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Link?

Why do Spurs fans make up this sort of thing? It's like they project what TP should feel rather than anything he has ever said, done or indicated.

Ridiculous.

this season when they asked him a question about geroge hill, you could see it in his face he was like fuck george hill and started talking about himself.

TD 21
07-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Admittedly, I should have prefaced it by saying "I think".

I think it's pretty obvious and this is coming from a Parker fan. I'm not one of these people who wants him traded or run out of town or takes shots at him, etc.

timvp
07-05-2010, 01:36 AM
this season when they asked him a question about geroge hill, you could see it in his face he was like fuck george hill and started talking about himself.

Thanks, Ms. Cleo.

Shastafarian
07-05-2010, 01:37 AM
:lol

Do you get this pissy when people voice their opinions about other players?

SpursTillTheEnd
07-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Thanks, Ms. Cleo.
no problem eric b....

completely deck
07-05-2010, 02:01 AM
no problem eric b....

The point is that you don't know what he was thinking or feeling. None of us know if this is bad journalism or if it comes from a reliable source. There is no way of telling what is going to happen until it happens.

mike20spurs
07-05-2010, 01:31 PM
this is from http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/05/2010-07-05_hope_looks_blind.html :

"He's on the Knicks' short list," one NBA executive said Sunday.

You know what list Parker is currently on? The wish-upon-a-star list.

Maybe Eva Longoria's better half will come to New York next summer, after his contract runs out.

But as for Parker being in the Knicks' starting lineup this coming season, Stoudemire might be disappointed to learn that it's quite unlikely. If he's surprised by that, well, he needs to take a look at the bare cupboard he's going to agree to join for around $96 million.

"The Spurs are going to want a ton," said the executive. "For one thing, they'll want a young franchise-type of player in return."

If the Nets, say, were to offer a package that included Derrick Favors, the third pick in the draft who is seen as a young Stoudemire, then the Spurs would strongly consider it. Favors and Tim Duncan would make a nice pairing, right?

im all for derrick favors coming here but what would the nets get? david lee?

DesignatedT
07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
:shootme

Dex
07-05-2010, 01:38 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k215/EAlcantara88/NT/Funny/edf35c17ea435f0eeaf56b369e652cb2c80.gif

lefty
07-05-2010, 01:40 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa59/KingDaddy18/disgustedReactionSouthParkCreators.gif

E-RockWill
07-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Ibtl

spursfan09
07-05-2010, 02:05 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k215/EAlcantara88/NT/Funny/edf35c17ea435f0eeaf56b369e652cb2c80.gif

Ive been watching the seasons of the office on netflix.

UnWantedTheory
07-05-2010, 02:56 PM

OMG!!! He had a "look" and talked about himself? That is sold evidence that proves he indeed wants to have more acclaim in a big NBA market.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-05-2010, 03:08 PM
ima just come out and say it fuck parker, hill is the future and all yall parker nut riders ima laugh in yalls faces when he leaves sa next year and we get nothing.

spursfan09
07-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Well then, are you really a Spur fan if your laughing when TP walks away and Spurs get nothing?

Dr. Gonzo
07-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Well then, are you really a Spur fan if your laughing when TP walks away and Spurs get nothing?

No but you are a true Spurs fan if you want Ian Mahinmi to put of HOF numbers with another club.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-05-2010, 03:35 PM
i was born into the spurs no bandwagon shit here

jay014
07-05-2010, 03:49 PM

I'd rather the Spurs trade him this year, but if it's for Eddy Curry keep Tony and let him walk away after next season.

rayray2k8
07-05-2010, 03:57 PM
OMG!!! He had a "look" and talked about himself? That is sold evidence that proves he indeed wants to have more acclaim in a big NBA market.

Seventyniner
07-05-2010, 05:18 PM
ima just come out and say it fuck parker, hill is the future and all yall parker nut riders ima laugh in yalls faces when he leaves sa next year and we get nothing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...but he *is* married.

LOL@MavsFan
07-05-2010, 06:47 PM
amare isnt what one would call not a moron

xmas1997
07-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Amar'e has agreed to go to N. Y.
Now things get interesting because the Raptors want Lee, N.Y. and Amar'e want Tony, and the Spurs say no way, But what if N.Y. can swing Bosh coming here, Lee going there for Tony going to N.Y.? Do the Spurs pull the trigger on that trade?

Ice009
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM

lol we're not taking the first offer if the Spurs do want to trade him. If TP really wants to go to New York then and the Spurs don't want anything from NY then we can always look to trade him to another team before the trade deadline. Also, we can do a sign and trade with TP next offseason, that is probably not a good idea waiting that long though because we would have a lot less leverage on what we can get back from the other team.

vander
07-05-2010, 09:50 PM
hopefully Lebron and Wade stay put, or at least don't go to New York, then NY gets desperate, convinces themselves that if they get Parker, they'll be drafting in the late 20's anyways, and offer the Spurs 3 or 4 first round picks + Curry for Parker

we'd be right back on track, It'd be like the Herschel Walker trade :greedy:greedy:greedy

xmas1997
07-05-2010, 10:00 PM
hopefully Lebron and Wade stay put, or at least don't go to New York, then NY gets desperate, convinces themselves that if they get Parker, they'll be drafting in the late 20's anyways, and offer the Spurs 3 or 4 first round picks + Curry for Parker

we'd be right back on track, I'd be like the Herschel Walker trade :greedy:greedy:greedy

I'd rather they convince Toronto to do a s & t with Bosh with him sent here and Lee sent there.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2010, 10:03 PM
No but you are a true Spurs fan if you want Ian Mahinmi to put of HOF numbers with another club.

I'm praying that he gets injured so we never have to find out.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-05-2010, 10:25 PM
dont get it twisted im a parker fan but ima spurs fan first. anyways i got a question, how would we afford bosh if we do a sign and trade?

xmas1997
07-05-2010, 11:04 PM
dont get it twisted im a parker fan but ima spurs fan first. anyways i got a question, how would we afford bosh if we do a sign and trade?

A third team with cap space has to be involved such as New York who reportedly wants TP pretty badly, or at least Amar'e does and he just agreed to go to N.Y.
Toronto is on record saying they want Lee who is in New York.
So N.Y. convinces Toronto to do a S&T with Bosh.
Toronto gets Lee and money from N.Y.
N.Y. gets TP
S.A. gets Bosh

mabrignani
07-06-2010, 12:35 AM
if it comes down to trading parker for bosh id cringe but you gotta do it because TP will walk next year.
only thing, who would our backup pg be?

xmas1997
07-06-2010, 01:20 AM
if it comes down to trading parker for bosh id cringe but you gotta do it because TP will walk next year.
only thing, who would our backup pg be?

I agree but when it is all said and done, I don't see TP leaving this year simply because I think Bosh will go where Wade goes. And I think James will stay with the Cavs, unless he goes to the Nets which impressed him the most with making him a billionaire.
If Wade and James end up somehow on the same team then that increases the chance Bosh might entertain coming here in the scenario I proposed.
Bosh has only visited the cities he told the Raptors he was interested in so far with Houston being the only exception. He seems to want to coat tail with another franchise player and not be go to guy.
So after the dust settles I think TP will still be here at least this year anyway.
And if Timmys knee problems continue this might be his last year too which probably means Pops last year too. So I doubt Tony would want to stay after that during a rebuilding process.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2010, 02:10 AM
This is just like that bullshit hysteria last year when everyone over-reacted to one tweet from a Boston 'insider' about Big Baby and the Spurs, which turned out to be so much piss in the ocean.

Tony Paker WILL NOT be traded for Eddy Curry. Parker will not be traded anywhere unless the deal brings back gold. Pop is not going to give away the guy he developed and triumphed with for chump change, and RC isn't stupid either.

I think they are trying to extend him, and if they can't they can find a taker before the deadline.

I hope they reach an agreement and keep him, although preferably not on a 5 year extension. 3 would be ideal, 4 a decent compromise.

tuncaboylu
07-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Let's see who is ready to join Amare NOW...

Mixability
07-06-2010, 11:30 AM
this guy needs to work on his pushups... and stop talking nonsense. he might as well say, Jordan and Kobe are on their way.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-06-2010, 02:28 PM

we'd be right back on track, It'd be like the Herschel Walker trade :greedy:greedy:greedy

NY can't trade picks, because they don't have any - they traded them in the McGrady deal in february.

Salary dumping Parker is about as stupid as it gets...

DesignatedT
07-06-2010, 02:35 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/TDJVdx3scEI/AAAAAAAAEmU/J6elKYu12yA/s1600/08.jpg

Spurs Brazil
07-06-2010, 02:55 PM
JMcDonald_SAENBtw, on Amare's "courtship" of Parker ... NBA typically won't investigate tampering unless a team complains. #spurs haven't complained. Yet.

Soul_Patch
07-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Does everyone in the NBA have a big rolodex with all the players names, addresses and telephone numbers (cells included) so they can all "call each other up"? is it really that chummy?

Every time i read something like this i think, "really...so Amare just pulls up his NBA player list and go's down it calling people asking if they want to play in NY...."

vander
07-06-2010, 03:11 PM
NY can't trade picks, because they don't have any - they traded them in the McGrady deal in february.

Salary dumping Parker is about as stupid as it gets...

How many years in advance can a team trade it's picks?

also, have you read this or any TP thread? trading TP is not a salary dump.

clubalien
07-07-2010, 02:10 PM
if lebron goes to NY then ny has something worth trading tony for and we might have our new SF

mike20spurs
07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I highly doubt Lebron would be used as bait. If NY gets Lebron they'll just give Amare a pack of crackers and a pat on the back at best