PDA

View Full Version : the solution to the SF problem

kobyz
07-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Tracy McGrady!!!
come on R.C! lets sign him, the price is not high, it could be great move, McGrady could surprise every one, he could be better than what Grant Hill was for the Suns with his comeback!

ceperez
07-04-2010, 06:54 AM
If we play him like we used to play Horry (i.e. minimal minutes), he may just get back to old form.

Well if Grant Hill could do it, maybe McGrady can too.

jermaine
07-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Tracy McGrady!!!
come on R.C! lets sign him, the price is not high, it could be great move, McGrady could surprise every one, he could be better than what Grant Hill was for the Suns with his comeback!

He's all on Kobe & LAs fans dick! Do you really want him, so he can do his favorite player Kobe a favor in the playoffs an fuck us!?!

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2010, 07:22 AM
lol if drob cant play with a sore back, what makes you guys think he can?

Spurs Brazil
07-04-2010, 07:37 AM
McGrady is done, his defense will make us miss Mason

bigfan
07-04-2010, 08:22 AM
McGrady is a broken down mess.

SenorSpur
07-04-2010, 08:51 AM
McGrady is a broken down mess.

Amen. :tu

McGrady is and has been a problem and a major distraction to any team for about 3-4 years now. From his health, to his on-court selfishness, his absences, he's not the playerr he once was. Let's move on.

I'd rather stick with RJ.

Shifty
07-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Tracy McGrady!!!

Not the same type of player. Hill is/was a smart, savvy triple double machine and McGrady was (no longer is) a scoring machine based on athleticism and nothing else.

Perhaps not to the same degree but it would be like saying because Jason Kidd can still be serviceable maybe Allen Iverson could too. At least Iverson had fire in his heart.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Tracy's hanging on now. Nothing left in the tank and he's not that old. Houston screwed their franchise up for years with this fool. The Rockets were doing cartwheels to get rid of him and actually get something good in return.

lmbebo
07-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Difference was GHill missed his prime years and was inactive for so long. McGrady played many more games and his body is much older than GHills.

I'm not saying no to McGrady...Just not a person I'd stick as a quality starter on any team. I think he'd be good off of the bench for 10-15 mins a night.

Certainly not a superstar anymore. Good facilitator.

ChuckD
07-04-2010, 10:14 AM
His game isn't perfect, maybe an 85 out of it's former 100, but if he's willing to sign for the LLE, there is NOT a better player out there for that amount. In 26 minutes, he dropped 9.5p/3.9a/3.7r with NY. That's a bad team, and he was still productive overall.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Good passer and pretty good basketball IQ, horrible outside shooter, below average at driving to the rim, one of the worst defenders in the NBA..that's what McGrady is right now..his only asset wouldn't be used on this team, since there are better players that need the ball..

wildbill2u
07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't know where everyone is getting their information. I agree that T-Mac has had his share of medical problems and could be a high risk health-wise.

But he was considered a team player in Houston. When Yao went out with injuries in the past few years, T_Mac virtually put the Rockets on his back to get them into the playoffs.

T-Mac worked hard on his rehab and one of the reasons for the parting of the ways was Houston didn't want to reactivate him and continue to pay his salary since he was being paid by insurance.

I live in Houston and watched him a lot. He is a very athletic guy when healthy, a dead eye shooter from the perimeter and also able to drive to the rim. He can play much better defense that he is given credit for on this websitle.

I don't much care if we look at him, that would be the FO's call, but in a low salaried make good contract he could be low risk. He still thinks he can start, but no coach would be fairer to his aspirations than Pop and if Pop told him he was not able to make the grade as a starter, then T_Mac would probably respect that opinion coming from a coach like Pop.

I doubt you could sign him for a low-risk contract, but he could be a sleeper if we, or some other team, could do it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2010, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't mind getting him for the vet min or LLE.

ohmwrecker
07-04-2010, 10:59 AM
I don't mind McGrady or Shaq at the vet min, but some stupid team is bound to give them more.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't know where everyone is getting their information. I agree that T-Mac has had his share of medical problems and could be a high risk health-wise.

But he was considered a team player in Houston. When Yao went out with injuries in the past few years, T_Mac virtually put the Rockets on his back to get them into the playoffs.

T-Mac worked hard on his rehab and one of the reasons for the parting of the ways was Houston didn't want to reactivate him and continue to pay his salary since he was being paid by insurance.

I live in Houston and watched him a lot. He is a very athletic guy when healthy, a dead eye shooter from the perimeter and also able to drive to the rim. He can play much better defense that he is given credit for on this websitle.

I don't much care if we look at him, that would be the FO's call, but in a low salaried make good contract he could be low risk. He still thinks he can start, but no coach would be fairer to his aspirations than Pop and if Pop told him he was not able to make the grade as a starter, then T_Mac would probably respect that opinion coming from a coach like Pop.

I doubt you could sign him for a low-risk contract, but he could be a sleeper if we, or some other team, could do it.

You aren't describing New York McGrady, which is obviously what he is right now, far from Houston McGrady..I'm sure he will look a little better with more rhythm and shaking off rust, but he doesn't have much left..

ChuckD
07-04-2010, 11:08 AM
You aren't describing New York McGrady, which is obviously what he is right now, far from Houston McGrady..I'm sure he will look a little better with more rhythm and shaking off rust, but he doesn't have much left..

He'll also be better in the second year after the MF surgery. That's usually the case.

gospursgojas
07-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Tmac for vet min is ok with me

8FOR!3
07-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Not to mention Grant Hill has a strict diet and works very hard to be the athlete he still is.

Magdalena M
07-04-2010, 01:59 PM
It's true that McGrady isn't the player he once was, but neither is Jefferson and he makes a lot of money. TMac for the minimum seems likes a no-brainer to me.

Cane
07-04-2010, 02:11 PM
No way in hell will the Spurs be able to land McGrady. He'll probably find his way to a team loaded with capspace that has zero depth. I wonder if most GM's would rather gamble on McGrady for a cheap/short deal than sign Richard Jefferson to a longer termed contract over 30 mill.

McGrady's had a good chunk of time off from surgery and the NBA; and has been strengthening his body. Play him limited minutes and if he's physically and mentally ready for it; he could be a decent 6th man off the bench.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm for vet min so you can kick his ass to the curb if he starts being a primadonna, but not if it causes the Spurs to completely fail to develop young players for yet another year.

TMTTRIO
07-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes he's talented but we already have an injury prone player in Manu. We don't need another one. I'd rather see if we could get someone younger.

Austin_Toros
07-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Good passer and pretty good basketball IQ, horrible outside shooter, below average at driving to the rim, one of the worst defenders in the NBA..that's what McGrady is right now..his only asset wouldn't be used on this team, since there are better players that need the ball..

Cant shoot but he was always known as being able to drive to the rim and finish.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Yes, when he had legs and a functioning back..

Obstructed_View
07-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Cant shoot but he was always known as being able to drive to the rim and finish.

That certainly never stopped him.

galvatron3000
07-04-2010, 07:33 PM
The reason why I'm for it is because he'd be better than Jefferson in this system, the reason I'd be against it is because he would probably stay injured but I'd rather re sign and move Jefferson, bring in McGrady and and undersized (which is likely) Sf with the Jefferson move. Hey, a no show McGrady due to injury is just like having a starting lineup Jefferson, you get nothing but with Mcgrady you get what you paid for

mike20spurs
07-04-2010, 09:42 PM
i would actually be happy with tmac signing. he put up decent numbers as a knick... injury free = capable all star, of course he has been injured for the last couple of years so whats to say he'll be healthy here