PDA

View Full Version : What can the Suns do to salvage next season?

pauls931
07-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Have they essentially thrown the towel in, or is Amare really that important? They made the WCF before with him injured, but Nash was still close to his prime back them.

Who can step up to pick up Amare's scoring/or who can the Suns get right now? I know nothing about their recent pickup, Warrick. Does he rotate on D?

Signing Frye is interesting, I liked him last year, but hated his inability to play on the road behaving like a rookie.

On the plus side, Dragic should grow and hopefully Lopez continues to improve and doesn't f'up his back any more.

I do wonder what's going to happen with Jrich, as in is he on the trading block, or are they keeping him for scoring and boxouts? (yes joking):downspin:

AZLouis
07-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Contract Jerod Mustaf to take care of Robert Sarver.

silverblk mystix
07-04-2010, 09:28 AM
well, they can send lopez and dragic to the spurs for matt bonner and keith bogans...

that might salvage the season (for the spurs :lol)

Edward
07-04-2010, 09:32 AM
well, they can send lopez and dragic to the spurs for matt bonner and keith bogans...

Except this thread isn't about the Spurs, dipshit.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-04-2010, 09:37 AM

hey fuck you, hey just fuck you.

silverblk mystix
07-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Except this thread isn't about the Spurs, dipshit.

it was a joke you uptight suns homo

Muser
07-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Nothing.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-04-2010, 09:40 AM
it was a joke you uptight suns homo
ohhh and such a damn good one at that.

sporks fans have a great sense of humor.
:wakeup

Edward
07-04-2010, 09:42 AM
And no, Warrick does not rotate on D. He got benched for his bad D on the Memphis Grizzlies of all teams. He only weighs 210 pounds so he gets roughed up inside. My guess is this system gets his scoring to 17 points and 7 rebounds but he doesn't have near the impact Amare does on offense he just looks decent on paper.

They got to the WCF without Amare but Nash was SO much better back then. In 2006 Nash would abuse big men who were switched onto him and now he's too slow to do that. The two month slump Phoenix had was in large part because switching big men onto Nash was so effective and he needed to figure out ways to counter it. With Amare you can dump it down to him if a small guy is switched onto him, now any team that can switch effectively is gonna neutralize the Nash pick and roll because he's too slow to abuse big men like he used to, and Warrick is miserable in the post so he won't help the situation.

Chances are by January they're gonna have Nash, Hill, J-Rich, etc. on the trading block while also realizing how retarded the contract they gave Frye was. At the same time AZCentral is gonna start feeding the masses articles about how successful OKC and Portland were by scrapping their team and starting from scratch, while neglecting to mention how that method has led to decade long misery for countless teams.

silverblk mystix
07-04-2010, 09:47 AM
ohhh and such a damn good one at that.

sporks fans have a great sense of humor.
:wakeup

how creative...

you changed your team AGAIN, louis...still cant resist using that sporks tag though...good to see you have come to the silver & blk side,too...

Edward
07-04-2010, 09:53 AM
This thread is about the Suns, the Spurs circle jerk is upstairs.

ducks
07-04-2010, 10:20 AM
suns should trade nash and start over

dbestpro
07-04-2010, 10:30 AM
suns should trade nash and start over

This. Trade JRich too.

Giuseppe
07-04-2010, 10:55 AM
O & 43!

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Fuck you silverblack mystix, you are a moron

Grey Spurfan
07-04-2010, 12:02 PM
:lmao The Suns can't salvage anything. They will always be our bitch. Hey Suns, how many championships do you have? That's right, zero! :lmao

Giuseppe
07-04-2010, 12:06 PM
^True, then you rolled over and let 'em pack yer caca/skunk style.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-04-2010, 12:14 PM
:lmao The Suns can't salvage anything. They will always be our bitch. Hey Suns, how many championships do you have? That's right, zero! :lmao

:lmao great troll

spursfan1000
07-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Really all they can do now is get more experience for Dragic and Lopez.

koriwhat
07-04-2010, 02:44 PM

yeah and the suns msgboard is located on another URL. go google and get the fuck out of here!

JamStone
07-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Has Frye signed a deal with Phoenix yet? Or is he still holding out?

Once it looked certain Amare was leaving, I would have targeted Tyrus Thomas for a contract starting out with $7-8 million, since they would have had some cap space available. Hakim Warrick and re-signing Frye would have not been my first priorities.

Also, maybe Earl Clark will show something now that he should get some minutes. I thought he had a chance at being a good player when he was drafted. I don't know if he ever got a chance to play any significant minutes or not. Maybe he did and didn't look very good. But they need to see what he can do now.

sribb43
07-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Can Lopez play 48min bc a frontcourt consisting of Frye and Warrick will get torched. You add Nash on the floor with those guys, it could get pretty ugly

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Frye has agreed to a deal already. So has Warrick. It's beyond frustrating how inept Sarver is yet how smart he thinks he is. If Amare's knees were not worth a 5 year deal, fine, I can live with it, I wouldn't have held it against Sarver. At that point though, it was time to rebuild and hold onto the cap space they had for the future when it could be put to better use. Tyrus Thomas replacing Amare still means lottery. Now the Suns future beyond Nash is fucked even more because we have two scrubs taking 10,000,000 in cap room.

The frustrating thing is the amount of fans who think Sarver knows what he's doing and are happy with the off season so far. For some reason replacing Amare with Hakeem Warrick has been deamed a huge defensive upgrade as if Amare was such a bad presence on defense that the grass is going to be way greener with any player, and as if the Suns would be an elite defensive team if anyone replaced Amare. They don't have any idea how bad Warrick is on defense and it's fuckin annoying how Sarver gets away with this shit.

Mori Chu
07-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Suns are throwing in the towel on the 2010-11 season and waiting for the new CBA and/or lockout. After that J-Rich will expire and we can re-assess. They won't trade J-Rich's expiring for a player during the coming season, because there's no way Saver will take on salary right before the new CBA kicks in. Anybody with long term big-money contracts after that time will regret it. Suns' future looks pretty bleak for next season, but you have to consider the fact that they won't have any huge contracts at all once the new CBA starts. That's extremely valuable. They'll be able to adjust quickly to the new state of the NBA once the deals go way down and salaries level out.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Suns are throwing in the towel on the 2010-11 season and waiting for the new CBA and/or lockout.

Maybe you and I know so, but Sarver obviously has some delusional belief the team can be competitive if he's overpaying Frye and Warrick.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-04-2010, 03:22 PM
And they will have huge salaries. Together Frye and Warrick are $10,000,000 of immovable salary. No one will trade for them until they have 2 years left (slim chance) or most likely till they're expiring. The fact those are two different salaries doesn't make it any worse than having 1 $10,000,000 immovable contract. God damn, how can people be so retarded to buy into the shit Sarver is doing.

Gorilla Game
07-04-2010, 04:16 PM
I wonder how long Nash will put up with losing...

The first thing I would do is try to find a taker for LB's contract, get a mid 1st round pick without bringing money back. That would open up 7mil. or so, I really don't see much else the suns can do right now.

This Sarver character really is in over his head, it's painfully obvious by the way Channing and his agent took advantage of him. I pray for the day he announces he's selling the team. Is Artie Moreno still looking to buy an NBA franchise?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Is Artie Moreno still looking to buy an NBA franchise?

Oh god I'd be so happy if Moreno bought the Suns.

monosylab1k
07-04-2010, 04:26 PM

Spur Fan has a magic way of making any subject at all about the Spurs.

-Is there a God?
-If there is, he hates the Spurs because Dick Jefferson fucking sucks!

-How can BP make things right after the oil spill?
-They can start by getting Splitter to come to the NBA for fuck's sake!

-What's the square root of 64?
-The total number of championships the Spurs would have if we didn't give away Scola to a division rival :depressed

Gorilla Game
07-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Seriously though, What can the Suns do to salvage next season?

Hire a competent GM and let him run the show, while Sarver takes a backseat and stays out of the way. Kevin Pritchard might be ouf of Sarvers price range but that would be a lone positive in the wake of some pretty silly moves made in recent days.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-04-2010, 04:37 PM
The dumbest part is that hiring a GM like Pritchard who can find cost effective players woulda been better for him financially than giving Channing Frye $6,000,000 a year.

I just hope he's done making moves until a new GM is hired. Frye and Warrick are gonna cause enough damage as is with their new contracts, hopefully if Barbosa is traded he doesn't fill the cap room that creates with a 3rd stupid contract.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Having Sarver as the owner is the situation right now and that's not good. He did not want to take the risk of reupping Amare.

It is a good business move, but it shows the team that you will not be rewarded if you become a star (unless your name is Nash).

They will work themselves back down the Western Conference pecking order from #2.

Giuseppe
07-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Frankly, in the shadow of the Lakers, the point is moot. There's the Lakers, there's Boston if they holt still, and the remainder are fart catchers.

-30-

Muser
07-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Spur Fan has a magic way of making any subject at all about the Spurs.

-Is there a God?
-If there is, he hates the Spurs because Dick Jefferson fucking sucks!

-How can BP make things right after the oil spill?
-They can start by getting Splitter to come to the NBA for fuck's sake!

-What's the square root of 64?
-The total number of championships the Spurs would have if we didn't give away Scola to a division rival :depressed

Don't forget laker fan above.

rayjayjohnson
07-04-2010, 06:40 PM
move to la

Gorilla Game
07-04-2010, 06:45 PM
move to la

That worked out well for the San Diego Clippers.

The Franchise
07-04-2010, 08:16 PM
David Lee would be the perfect replacement for Amare. He would give you the points and the defense would be about the same, but at least he would rebound.

Goran Dragic
07-04-2010, 09:08 PM
David Lee would be the perfect replacement for Amare.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Goran Dragic
07-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Other than the fact he's white and Phoenix fans loves their hard working honkies, David Lee on this team would suck.

Giuseppe
07-04-2010, 09:25 PM
David Lee would be the perfect replacement for Amare. He would give you the points and the defense would be about the same, but at least he would rebound.

No, Franch, no S&T, it's over, Amare walked away and the Suns didn't get a f'in' thing but their ass handed to 'em for close order inspection.

Ashy Larry
07-04-2010, 10:08 PM
The best think they can do is switch places with the Lakers ....... lol

TD 21
07-04-2010, 11:29 PM
I already felt the Suns were due for a regression to the mean. Now, they'll probably be lucky to make the playoffs. Chemistry can only take you so far. You need talent and size to win in this league and unfortunately for the Suns, they're short on both. The lack of a go-to scorer both on the wings and on the interior is going to put even more of the onus on Nash and at his age, that shouldn't be happening.

Word is they're shopping Barbosa and the Celtics and Raptors are both very interested. If he goes to the Celtics, Wallace's contract will probably be the return; if he goes to the Raptors, Belinelli and one of Evans or Banks will probably be the return. Say what you want about Barbosa, in either case that's a clear cut downgrade.

Say they do either deal and don't sign anyone of significance (which there's a good chance of; apparently they're content to fill out their roster with draft picks/minimum signings, though they might have interest in bringing back Thomas), their depth would be obliterated.

I also feel that Frye is the exact type of player who, now that he has his long-term deal, is going to relax. He's not the type of guy you want beginning a five year contract. They need him to be even better than last season, because Warrick is a big trapped inside a small forward's body and Clark is a combo forward, so outside of Lopez they don't have a single other true big man (in terms of size; I'm aware Frye isn't exactly Howard).

Also, at what point does Nash become fed up with the whole thing to the point where it affects his play? He might not say anything publicly or demand to be traded, but after a surprising run to the Western Conference Finals, Sarver loses Kerr and Griffin because he's cheap, loses Stoudemire and now might trade Barbosa (I mention him because I'm fairly certain he's Nash's best friend left on the team). He knows at his age that last season was probably his final chance to play for, let alone win, a championship. He's probably not playing for another contract and the team appears headed to no man's land: not good enough to win big and not bad enough to lose big either, which means no high draft pick(s) to begin to transition/re-build.

Giuseppe
07-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Gettin' Wallace away from Boston would be sweet.

DJ Mbenga
07-05-2010, 12:59 AM
blow it up already. i think even nash knew he aint winning anything anymore, and thats why he was crying. at this point playoffs are the goal.

timvp
07-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Stoudemire is better at D than two Warricks.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-05-2010, 05:31 AM
When I read about the Warrick/Frye deals, the implication being that Amare was gone and Warrick was his replacement, I involuntarily laughed! WTF is Sarver thinking? And paying Frye6mil/yr... really? Way to sink the franchise! This is what happens when your owner plays GM.

Poor Nash - I've always really respected the guy for his unselfish play and warrior mentality, and he must be mightily pissed that he signed an extension a year ago thinking he would be gifted with decent teams to finish his career, and now he's been shafted like this. Ugh.

Kamnik
07-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Warrick deal is horrible.

However even though Frye is overpaid he is good to have around. How many PFs can shoot the 3 ball the way he does? he streches the opposing defence... and you can hide his bad defense in the zone they play.

IMO the best way to go is complete rebuild around the core of young players they have.

Trade out Nash, Hill and Richardson for picks, young players etc. They all have playing value and are all respected veterans, some contending teams will be happy to pick them up.

NOT resigning Amare was the right decision, he will get over OVER OVERPAID... there was no chance for him staying.

pauls931
07-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Man, didn't realize how much satisfaction this would give spurs/laker fans.:lol

Anyway, I'll settle for the playoffs... again. If Nash can keep his head in it, he'll be able to utilize whoever that dumbass Sarver brings in. If not, I hope they trade him to a contender and blow it up already.

Chieflion
07-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Man, didn't realize how much satisfaction this would give spurs/laker fans.:lol

Anyway, I'll settle for the playoffs... again. If Nash can keep his head in it, he'll be able to utilize whoever that dumbass Sarver brings in. If not, I hope they trade him to a contender and blow it up already.

I want to see the Spurs face the Suns again for revenge purposes. What the hell is the Suns organization doing?

pauls931
07-05-2010, 08:58 AM
I want to see the Spurs face the Suns again for revenge purposes. What the hell is the Suns organization doing?

No one has a a clue. NO ONE. Sarver is supposed to be cheap, then signs these weird contracts. Best case I was hoping they'd steal Dirk from Dallas, but damn. He reminds me of a parent who's supposed to get his son a tickle me elmo for xmas, then when he can't find one, gets him a carebear instead.

buttsR4rebounding
07-05-2010, 09:04 AM
THe Knicks would probably be open to a sign and trade Nash for David Lee. They probably haven't pulled the trigger on Amare yet because everyone who watched the Suns knows that Amare's shooting percentage drops by at least 10% without the best pick-and-roll point guard in the league spoon feeding him dunks. That gives the Suns a decent replacement for Amare and starts the Goren era which is coming soon anyway.

pauls931
07-05-2010, 09:09 AM
THe Knicks would probably be open to a sign and trade Nash for David Lee. They probably haven't pulled the trigger on Amare yet because everyone who watched the Suns knows that Amare's shooting percentage drops by at least 10% without the best pick-and-roll point guard in the league spoon feeding him dunks. That gives the Suns a decent replacement for Amare and starts the Goren era which is coming soon anyway.

I'd be a Knick and Suns fan for a season if this happened.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 09:37 AM
No one has a a clue. NO ONE.

Oh yes people think they have a clue. I've seen plenty of retards on other message boards rave about how replacing Amare with Warrick makes the Suns a better team.

pauls931
07-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Oh yes people think they have a clue. I've seen plenty of retards on other message boards rave about how replacing Amare with Warrick makes the Suns a better team.

They need talent that can thrive without Nash. Not a bunch of scrubs that once Nash leaves/retires become worthless. They need to think about who will work with Dragic.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 04:20 PM
They need talent that can thrive without Nash. Not a bunch of scrubs that once Nash leaves/retires become worthless. They need to think about who will work with Dragic.

The thing is Warrick can't even thrive with Nash. In 2006, yeah, Nash was so good that he could run the pick and roll effectively with a countless amount of players in the NBA, Nash is still good but in order for him to run the pick and roll effectively he'll need a good partner like Amare or Dirk to run it with. Teams will be able to switch on Nash like they did in December and January to neutralize the pick and roll.

But yeah, I woulda been fine with it if they decided to let Amare leave because of his knee, but that woulda been if they started to think future and rebuild. I didn't want them to let Amare leave and then overpay role players as if they're in win now mode.

dbestpro
07-05-2010, 06:42 PM

I knew when the Suns beat the Spurs that Amare was guaranteed to get a max contract and send the Suns into the lottery the following year. Even when the Suns beat the Spurs they lose.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 07:28 PM
lol Spurs fan mad they're team is just as irrelevant as the Suns

ohmwrecker
07-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Trade Hill/Lopez to the Spurs for Jefferson/McDyess, Nash to Clippers, B Dizzle to Wizards, Arenas to Suns, trade J Rich to 76ers for Iggy.

You're welcome.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Trade Hill/Lopez to the Spurs for Jefferson/McDyess

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ohmwrecker
07-05-2010, 07:31 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

They are going to try to deport Lopez eventually anyway.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 07:34 PM
They are going to try to deport Lopez eventually anyway.

So you admit there's no realistic reason why that trade helps the Suns?

Stump
07-05-2010, 07:45 PM
DoK, what is enough to 'salvage' next season for you? A playoff appearance?

Cane
07-05-2010, 08:04 PM
By not going for a S&T with Amar'e, the Suns FO seem to be sending the message that they're done but as long as they have Nash the players will try to compete.

ohmwrecker
07-05-2010, 08:05 PM
So you admit there's no realistic reason why that trade helps the Suns?

So, you admit that you are mentally incapable of detecting sarcasm?

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 08:24 PM
The Suns realize it's time to rebuild, in that respect they are smarter than the spurs who keep thinking they have a shot(lol spurs). Sucks that they decided to go with players like Fry/Warrick, though. They have 2 very nice players in Dragic and Lopez, and now that they have Gentry I think they should have went after good D players, to try and instill a culture of D first.

koriwhat
07-05-2010, 09:02 PM
The Suns realize it's time to rebuild, in that respect they are smarter than the spurs who keep thinking they have a shot(lol spurs). Sucks that they decided to go with players like Fry/Warrick, though. They have 2 very nice players in Dragic and Lopez, and now that they have Gentry I think they should have went after good D players, to try and instill a culture of D first.

time to rebuild by giving 2 hefty contracts out just recently to 2 scrubs? hahaha! you meant, time to fuck shit up in phoenix all over again, right?

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 09:05 PM
time to rebuild by giving 2 hefty contracts out just recently to 2 scrubs? hahaha! you meant, time to fuck shit up in phoenix all over again, right?

Calf tats, you shouldn't be talking shit about a team that just swept the spurs. You think your team is doing any better?

OH right, I forgot, you guys have Dejuan Barkley Blair and Tiago Hakeem Splitter. My bad.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
DoK, what is enough to 'salvage' next season for you? A playoff appearance?

A top 5 pick. I don't give a shit about barely making the playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 10:43 PM
By not going for a S&T with Amar'e, the Suns FO seem to be sending the message that they're done but as long as they have Nash the players will try to compete.

Which is a pretty stupid mentality.

koriwhat
07-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Calf tats, you shouldn't be talking shit about a team that just swept the spurs. You think your team is doing any better?

OH right, I forgot, you guys have Dejuan Barkley Blair and Tiago Hakeem Splitter. My bad.

one and done.... wait none and done.

Sigz
07-05-2010, 10:47 PM
lol suns

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks for telling me what I already know

lol getting swept by a team dumb enough to give Frye $30,000,000

vicphoenix13
07-05-2010, 11:26 PM
As talented as Amare is, lets remember that the Suns still played well without him in the game during the playoffs. In fact, his adjusted +/- for the 2009/10 season was -6.6. And in the playoffs it was even worse at -13.37 which was a team worst. The Suns may not be as bad as some people think next season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 11:28 PM
This isn't 2006, Nash can't run pick and rolls with Tim Thomas anymore. The Suns are fucked, the only people who don't think so are Nash homers who think any team with Steve Nash is gonna be a great offensive team.

vicphoenix13
07-05-2010, 11:31 PM
This isn't 2006, Nash can't run pick and rolls with Tim Thomas anymore. The Suns are fucked, the only people who don't think so are Nash homers who think any team with Steve Nash is gonna be a great offensive team.

Are you saying that its a fluke that Nash has just happened to play for the best offensive team in the last seven seasons.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Are you saying that its a fluke that Nash has just happened to play for the best offensive team in the last seven seasons.

No, not at all. I'm saying this isn't 2006 Nash anymore. It wasn't a 36 year old Steve Nash who led the best offensive team in the NBA the last 7 years. There are ways to defend Nash's pick and rolls now that he used to shred back in 2006 (switching the big onto him moreso than anything else).

koriwhat
07-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks for telling me what I already know

lol getting swept by a team dumb enough to give Frye $30,000,000

how's that wnba trophy lookin' these days? all shined up or what? if not, DoK, time to get back to work! open mouth, suck and shine bitch!

vicphoenix13
07-05-2010, 11:41 PM
No, not at all. I'm saying this isn't 2006 Nash anymore. It wasn't a 36 year old Steve Nash who led the best offensive team in the NBA the last 7 years. There are ways to defend Nash's pick and rolls now that he used to shred back in 2006 (switching the big onto him moreso than anything else).

Call me foolish, but I don't think the Suns offense is going to drop off all that much. As long as Robin Lopez continues to improve and shooters like Nash, Dudley, Dragic and Frye shoot a decent percentage, the Suns should average more than 100 ppg.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Call me foolish, but I don't think the Suns offense is going to drop off all that much. As long as Robin Lopez continues to improve and shooters like Nash, Dudley, Dragic and Frye shoot a decent percentage, the Suns should average more than 100 ppg.

On paper it won't regress that much but without Amare it will have more and more key stretches where it won't be able to score and it will be even worse in the half court against good teams. Outside of Amare the Suns had no consistent half court scoring option last year, it'll be a more one dimensional offense that relies more on jump shooting, more on pushing the tempo, and moreso on Nash than ever (and at Nash's age the team should be trying to rely less on Nash).

Even in 2006, Nash had the 3 headed monster of Diaw Marion and Tim Thomas to run P/R's with (with Diaw and Thomas both actually motivated to get new contracts). I'd argue his supporting cast is worse now than it was in 2006, both offensively and defensively. Kurt Thomas wasn't a good pick and roll option but he had a midrange J and Nash will say he set great screens that opened things up. The 2006 comparisons were sure to come once Amare left but the team doesn't have the players to pick up the slack for Amare the way they did in 2006.

vicphoenix13
07-05-2010, 11:59 PM
On paper it won't regress that much but without Amare it will have more and more key stretches where it won't be able to score and it will be even worse in the half court against good teams. Outside of Amare the Suns had no consistent half court scoring option last year, it'll be a more one dimensional offense that relies more on jump shooting, more on pushing the tempo, and moreso on Nash than ever (and at Nash's age the team should be trying to rely less on Nash).

Even in 2006, Nash had the 3 headed monster of Diaw Marion and Tim Thomas to run P/R's with (with Diaw and Thomas both actually motivated to get new contracts). I'd argue his supporting cast is worse now than it was in 2006, both offensively and defensively. Kurt Thomas wasn't a good pick and roll option but he had a midrange J and Nash will say he set great screens that opened things up. The 2006 comparisons were sure to come once Amare left but the team doesn't have the players to pick up the slack for Amare the way they did in 2006.

That's all true but I think the Suns are deeper than they were four years ago. There's 10 players who can contribute to the current team versus the seven who contributed in 2006. The wildcard next season is Hakim Warrick. Is it possible for him to average 15 ppg and 8 rpg? If he can put up numbers like that, Amare's departure won't hurt so bad.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2010, 02:28 AM
What a fucking lame flame war... :rolleyes

Suns fans - you see any chance that D'Antoni swings a trade for Nash?

Gorilla Game
07-06-2010, 02:36 AM
What a fucking lame flame war... :rolleyes

Suns fans - you see any chance that D'Antoni swings a trade for Nash?

Not in the offseason, But I could definitely see that if the losses start piling up before the trade deadline. Not sure what we would get back for nash though.

Dragic starting is an intriguing thought.