PDA

View Full Version : Where have all d argentine posters gone????

nkdlunch
07-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm worried about our dear argentine posters. They must be on suicide watch.

Please report here as soon as you can.

Btw I know a doctor that can treat bleeding assholes. Pm me :lmao

Lol worst beatdowns of the world cup:
north Korea 0-7
Argentina 0-4

ALVAREZ6
07-04-2010, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA803thhgA0&feature=player_embedded

;)

BadOdor
07-04-2010, 11:58 AM
lol argies

lol messi

urunobili
07-04-2010, 12:03 PM
they;re all posting...the WC even without them is too strong for them to ignore :)

MmP
07-04-2010, 12:07 PM
argentina is the phoenix suns of the nba, always hype, always great player never good in big matches.

urunobili
07-04-2010, 12:27 PM
argentina is the phoenix suns of the nba, always hype, always great player never good in big matches.

wrong. They have two ships already so I'd say they're the Houston Rockets of the NBA! hahahahaha :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-04-2010, 12:51 PM

Granted I haven't been watching soccer very long but they play like the Atlanta Hawks of the world cup. They have a lot of talent but their offense consists of everyone trying to create for himself with little to no passing or well executed attacks. That might work in groups against mediocre teams but obviously not against Germany.

ALVAREZ6
07-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Granted I haven't been watching soccer very long but they play like the Atlanta Hawks of the world cup. They have a lot of talent but their offense consists of everyone trying to create for himself with little to no passing or well executed attacks. That might work in groups against mediocre teams but obviously not against Germany.

:tu

Argentina for some reason always play the same way, and they'll never win another world cup, I promise anybody, as long as they keep their same old style. It simply cannot happen against teams like Germany and Brazil. Those two are teams that know how to play, they all move in sync with each other, really know how to use space and move without the ball. You're correct in describing Argentina's play, most of their offense consists of taking turns playing one on one and seeing who's run ends in a goal. Messi really was the only player this tournament on the team who can get away with it because he's that skilled but that form of soccer won't win a world cup. It really is a shame because with the talent Argentina has right now, if they understood how to play the same type of style as the before mentioned teams, they'd be in the world cup finals. But they don't and never change their ways, and they'll never make it to the final again playing like this.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Anyone who thinks the style Argentina played this world cup is the same style we've been playing forever doesn't know shit about football, period. At all. In fact, step away from the keyboard and stop posting ignorant bullshit.

hater
07-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Argentina is always good for a laugh in my book. But this game was so painful, it even hurt me as a Latin American. I wanted the game to end. The pain to stop. Kinda like when the brother you don't really like getting his shit stomped on. He's still ur blood.

What else is there to say?this beatdowns reminded me of the suns spurs series sweep.

This was a July 4th chainsaw massacre. There was argentine blood and body parts on d floor.

I'm out of here. This is too sad

ElNono
07-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Checking in... one way or another, it hasn't been much different for the past 24 years...
At least some of us are old enough to look back and know what it feels to win it all...

MmP
07-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Like someone said above it's almost painful watching Argentina have so much offensive talent and defensive presence and failing almost repetedly. Most of the nations would kill for a guy with half the passion Mascherano/Heinze gives, or the class of Demichelis on the field. The effort and talent from Tevez, having the best two forwards in the wolrd right now: Huguain and Milito and a superstar like Messi. To me it's like wasting shots of a great revolver.

Maradona, Bilardo and the 1986 WC it's getting away in the time and becoming a far accomplishment for Argentina who starts being in title debt for their fans and nation. This year I really thought Argentina would at least take the Semis but once again they fall short.

They need to somehow get the kind of mental toughness some othet teams have. I've always been amazed and proud of Spurs toughness down the strech. Especially from the big three. This is something Argentina needs to gain in their stars: Messi, Tevez, Mascherano. They have be more leaders and control the match much better.

The door is getting smaller for Argentina and they've holding on Maradona's heroics in 86 for so many years that starts being pathetic. Kinda what Brazil suffered up to '94 with Pele. And this reflects in Argentina's federation choosing him back to coach and Bilardo as a manager hoping to re-gain the magic that Maradona provided in the past. Argentina learned yesterday the hard way, that Maradona is no longer a saviour and a hero simply because he's not in the field and cannot produce the same as a coach.

Of course WC are cruel, one miss, one post, one bad defended attack and your out. So I give the edge to Argentina this time. But will they have it next WC to beat proabably a given champion like Brazil playing at home? Overcome all the difficulties they've been trying to sort since Maradona retired? It's time Argentina that you search your magic yourself. Stop depending on one half man-half football god gave you and start looking for ways to explode your strenghts as a team. Messi is no Maradona as much as you want to turn him into it. As good as Messi is (the best in the wolrd) the backpack is too load for Messi to face the responsability of doing what Maradona had to do in 86 to take Argentina to the title. Messi has to be Messi, taking advantage of his strenghts.
Find the team, the coach, stop depending on Maradona's heroics. Mexico is gone, write new history. If not Im really starting to doubt if Argentina, ever, can break free from Maradona's karma and face big challenges alone.

DAF86
07-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Has any regular Argie poster really gone MIA? I don't think so.

ALVAREZ6
07-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Anyone who thinks the style Argentina played this world cup is the same style we've been playing forever doesn't know shit about football, period. At all. In fact, step away from the keyboard and stop posting ignorant bullshit.

Dude, lately this is how they play. Last world cup was the same.

And it's not like the other teams have better individual players. But you cannot say that watching Argentina play is the same as watching Germany or Brazil, or even Spain. It's a completely different style. You watch those teams, and they don't even bother dicking around like Argentina does, passing the ball thousands of times backwards because it's the only feasible option, naturally because only one or two players are ever moving at the same time for Argentina. That's just how they play. You watch Germany or Brazil? They don't bother dicking around, they all move completely synchronized without the ball and with the ball, all at the same time, every player, not just the man with the ball. And this is nothing new my friend, lately this is Argentine football. It just always seems like the other great super power teams play with an extra man, but really they just know how to move without the ball.

ALVAREZ6
07-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Like someone said above it's almost painful watching Argentina have so much offensive talent and defensive presence and failing almost repetedly. Most of the nations would kill for a guy with half the passion Mascherano/Heinze gives, or the class of Demichelis on the field. The effort and talent from Tevez, having the best two forwards in the wolrd right now: Huguain and Milito and a superstar like Messi. To me it's like wasting shots of a great revolver.

Well, Argentina's defense is actually relatively weak. I would kill instead to NOT have Demichelis or Heinze on the field (the same for Otamendi but you didn't mention that piece of garbage).

But yes it is quite a shame to not be reaching the semi-finals or finals with the talent Argentina have. And as long as Argentina plays like they have in recent years, this will continue to happen. You just can't win a world cup when there's multiple teams out there that play better team football.

NRHector
07-04-2010, 11:26 PM
argentina is the phoenix suns of the nba, always hype, always great player never good in big matches.sorry bud that title goes to Mexico

Zak
07-05-2010, 02:42 AM
sorry bud that title goes to Mexico

Wrong again. This title easily goes to the Netherlands. Year after year playing a beautiful fast paced style of football but never winning it all. Even the colors match.

MmP
07-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Mexico is never candidate for anything