PDA

View Full Version : Louie....on FX.

bigzak25
07-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Good stuff. Pilot made me laugh. Just a heads up. Hopefully the good stuff continues. :toast

redzero
07-05-2010, 12:06 AM
v_jmTNCKFhQ

This topic is now about Shit Ass Pet Fuckers.

bigzak25
07-05-2010, 12:15 AM
hey it wasn't bad stuff...i think i like it cuz he's a bald redhead like me.

but i'm onto return of the jedi on spike now...:toast

HarlemHeat37
07-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Louis is the best comedian in the game IMO, genius, I've seen him in person 3 times so far, hopefully I'll get to see him again soon..I wasn't a fan of his old show, but I heard the newer version has started off well, haven't checked it out yet..

tp2021
07-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I liked Lucky Louie when it was on HBO. I'm guessing all he's allowed to say on FX is "shit" though, right?

CubanSucks
07-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Don't really get the whole "self loathing, life sucks" act that he always does. Guess I'm just another one of those naive kids who thinks it's actually possible not to be miserable when I get older :wakeup

Avitus1
07-06-2010, 01:03 AM
I will check this out for sure.

Nathan Explosion
07-06-2010, 07:55 AM
I just added it to my Hulu queue.

balli
08-17-2010, 10:49 PM
I just added it to my Hulu queue.

Ima do that too. I've only seen about 20 minutes combined from like three different episodes, but the show is hilarious. From what I can tell.

balli
08-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Incidentally-

Although links to NPR usually get ignored by Spurstalk like farts in the wind, Louis C.K. gave a great interview a couple weeks ago on Fresh Air.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128343426

Oh, Gee!!
08-18-2010, 08:44 AM
it's depressing and hilarious at the same time.

mrsmaalox
08-18-2010, 09:41 AM
I've caught every episode On Demand. Very real and very smart. I like it much better than the HBO series.

Death In June
08-18-2010, 12:22 PM
I dig Louie the comedian, not so much Louie the actor. He's got something of a David Cross syndrome where he just turns up in small, exceptionally shitty roles. But for some reason, he's alright in this show. I don't like the weird structure. There's no narrative really. There's just his standup and situational comedy. It's still funny though, maybe one of the funniest shows on tv.
Don't really get the whole "self loathing, life sucks" act that he always does. Guess I'm just another one of those naive kids who thinks it's actually possible not to be miserable when I get older :wakeupI don't think it's an act, I think he genuinely hates himself. Most comedians are self loathing and miserable, which is how they became funny in the first place. He's got all the elements to be self hating...jew...mexican...irish.

AnthonyM
10-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Lmao..."Your father is dead"

uD3yrKQGAWQ

redzero
05-29-2014, 10:43 PM
This last season has been amazing. Louis is an awesome writer/director. The last five episodes have been a mix of Richard Linklater and Krzysztof Kieslowski (yes, I had to google his name).

Louis should make another movie. Surely nobody in Hollywood still hates him because of Pootie Tang.

CubanSucks
05-29-2014, 11:05 PM
the ones with the Hungarian chick were fucking heavy. Romance that could never last

*as I talk in a brooding voice with my eyes closed and fist clinched*

baseline bum
05-29-2014, 11:17 PM
Seems like that show is insanely hilarious half the episodes, and insanely boring the other half. Haven't seen any of this season though.

redzero
05-29-2014, 11:26 PM
The first three episodes were extremely funny, and the last five were engrossing dramas. I think the problem is that people who are expecting comedy will react negatively to drama no matter how good that the drama is. Season 3 was kind of weak for a good portion, but this season is just great. When the show tries to be funny, it's hilarious. And when it tries to be serious, it's gripping.

baseline bum
05-29-2014, 11:29 PM
The first three episodes were extremely funny, and the last five were engrossing dramas. I think the problem is that people who are expecting comedy will react negatively to drama no matter how good that the drama is. Season 3 was kind of weak for a good portion, but this season is just great. When the show tries to be funny, it's hilarious. And when it tries to be serious, it's gripping.

I gotta start watching this on Netflix.

monosylab1k
05-30-2014, 12:46 AM
This season has felt more forced, but it's still pretty good. Hopefully he's not running out of ideas, but considering how disappointing "Oh My God" was i fear that Louis CK is running out of steam. It happens to every great comedian but it sucks when you see it.

leemajors
05-30-2014, 05:03 AM

Todd Barry and Greg Fitzsimmons were hilarious in Elevator Part 5 this last week.

redzero
06-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Just saw Elevator Pt. 6. After American Hustle, I didn't think Louis was capable of playing anybody other than himself, but he blew me away with this episode. Granted, I haven't seen Louis in any other film (I need to watch Blue Jasmine soon), but damn, the acting was superb. It was another beautiful long take that I think most people are taking for granted.

By the way, I'm pretty sure Louis was wearing Red Wing Iron Rangers during the storm scene.

redzero
06-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Louis already had material about stealing scales when he was a teenager, so these last two episode aren't exactly treading new water. While his stand up was funny, it didn't really have a punchline. And while these two episodes were entertaining, Louis had nothing to say to his daughter at the end of the arc. The difference, however, is that the lack of a resolution to this story works much better in the dramatic telling than in the comedic one.

I'll post it again: If Louis keeps keeps going for drama instead of comedy, I wouldn't mind. The show works either way.

baseline bum
12-25-2014, 10:47 PM
That was cold the way they killed off poor Tape Recorder on the bus.

baseline bum
12-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Also, LOL black ex-wife who is white in flashback scenes.