PDA

View Full Version : Why would an NBA player ever get married?

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Or any pro athlete or musician for that matter....it is so fucking stupid.

You are a big time player with tons of money and fame yet you want to settle for one single piece of gash forever?

Ridiculous.

Marriage is a fucking joke.

Especially when lots of money and fame and opportunity are out there.

And I am not talking about how Glenn Holland can fuck Roweena.

I mean vire young men that can and will fuck top notch gash on any given night.

Marriage? For suckers and losers.

Yep.

:lobt2::flag::lobt2::flag::lobt2::flag::lobt2::fla g:

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2010, 04:22 AM
after tonights recent turn of events i'd have to tend to agree..

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-05-2010, 04:25 AM
pro sports
musicuians
movie stars

tv stars

any sort of fame

= no marriage ever

lol

if you get married are a pro athlete, you deserve to lose half you money

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-05-2010, 04:26 AM
no one should get married honestly, but especially not pro athletes or movie stars

mystargtr34
07-05-2010, 05:00 AM
There comes a certain point when one night stands and empty hook-ups with different girls gets boring, or loses its thrill, or you want something more meaningful. Eventually you find someone right or who you like to spend time with, or want to settle down with. But the urge to have something different can come back, and some people cant handle that (Kobe).

Im no expert though :lol im only 21.

pauls931
07-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Have to agree. Big money will get you trophy wives, but they know they have to cash in on their looks before they get old. If they won't sign a reasonable prenup. They're gold diggers.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2010, 08:30 AM
only reason is to win father of the year award, then expose and a fake the year after...

xellos88330
07-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Running around with a different woman every night isn't all bad. Sooner or later, you will find the right one that will keep you coming back for more. Next thing you know, you will wonder how you ever lived without her. It ALWAYS happens like that.

It all starts with a thought something like this "Man, this chick is awesome! Never met a girl this cool before."

It is a natural thing for men to find a woman that will completely enthrall them. It all depends on whether or not they feel they will find another like her or not.

Ashy Larry
07-05-2010, 09:18 AM
definitely and the way the courts tend to favor women, it's best if you stay single. A bitch comes into your life with 100 bucks and a bag of clothes. Five years later, she leaves with 25,000,100 and a plush wardrobe. How many baskets she make?

Giuseppe
07-05-2010, 09:20 AM
^The bitch wouldn't found out if Kobe hadn't a blabbed it all over Colorado.

Darrin
07-05-2010, 11:00 AM
no one should get married honestly, but especially not pro athletes or movie stars

I disagree about all people. Marriage offers the sanctity and security of a long-term relationship. There's no walking out, or that's supposed to be the deal. I don't like weddings. Very uncomfortable. But for marriages between two people who love each other and learn how to put up with one-another, to never be alone and always celebrate holidays, to see her every morning and know that this person is as committed to you as you are to them--that's great and rewarding.

As for athletes and stars, the purpose of the marriage is to minimize thin moments of the "thick-through-thin" life. Being on the road, being tempted and not being able to know whether someone is cheating or not--these are the reasons star marriages don't work. You're never with the kids. You leave this huge house to take care of or you have a bunch of people invading your home all the time. You make decisions over the phone. Papparazi? Who would sign up for that kind of life? A gold digger, a struggling rapper or actress. Someone who likes power, fame, and money. They shouldn't get married, but not because every athlete needs it every night.

JamStone
07-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Because there's something fun and exciting about cheating on your wife...

Duncan2177
07-05-2010, 11:49 AM

You are a big time player with tons of money and fame yet you want to settle for one single piece of gash forever?

Ridiculous.

Yep.

Whats it to you? You sound like a very unhappy miserable person.

Crytek
07-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Simple: Legitimate Children.

Stringer_Bell
07-05-2010, 12:13 PM
The only reason I can think of is first pussy syndrome, and usually those bitches are ugly as fuck and only around cuz they were willing to suck a dick from an early age and the brotha got all attached to it and shit.

ffadicted
07-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Man, such a legit thread, although you certainly can't blame guys like Marko Jaric

http://seh013.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/adriana-hed.jpg

http://fashionfeen.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/espys12.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2010, 12:15 PM
A lot of the times, they get married for endorsements. I hate this about Nike but they're a lot less willing to sponsor unmarried athletes than athletes who "appear" to have a stable family life. Nike knows that doing that leads to a lot of wives being cheated on and they don't give a shit.

ChuckD
07-05-2010, 02:54 PM
A lot of the times, they get married for endorsements. I hate this about Nike but they're a lot less willing to sponsor unmarried athletes than athletes who "appear" to have a stable family life. Nike knows that doing that leads to a lot of wives being cheated on and they don't give a shit.

This. They get married, then get down with OPP.

IronMexican
07-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Tiger was sponsored by Nike long before getting married. He's just an idiot. Props to him for sleeping with that many women and taking him that long to get caught.

daslicer
07-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Marriage in America just for the average person is a risky proposition. If it fails you really do lose in so many ways. You lose out on 50 percent of your assets, plus if you have kids you pay child support which drains you financially, you also have to deal with her family members who will hate you once you get that divorce and add to your misery. If you factor that all in its a huge reason why nobody should be in a rush to get married.

Spurologist
07-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Man, such a legit thread, although you certainly can't blame guys like Marko Jaric

http://seh013.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/adriana-hed.jpg

http://fashionfeen.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/espys12.jpg

got damn! Adriana Lima...

Shawn Kemp approves this thread

lefty
07-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I wouldnt say no to Sarah Lancaster or Cobie Smulders :p:

easy7
07-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Athletes are human beings and they need what they think is "true love," or to have some type of stability at home. Getting strange may also get you some STD. You don't have to be married to have someone take half of what you got or some of what you have worked hard to have. All they have to do is prove in court that they have your children and it is on, and depending on how many other women join the lawsuit, the single athlete is fked. They get a sum lump or usually monthly payments. So many athletes try to "settle down" by getting married. Dosen't always work but dosen't always fail.

monosylab1k
07-05-2010, 04:06 PM
WcuvlWIWhsc

Mike-in-brazil
07-05-2010, 04:08 PM
There comes a certain point when one night stands and empty hook-ups with different girls gets boring, or loses its thrill, or you want something more meaningful. Eventually you find someone right or who you like to spend time with, or want to settle down with. But the urge to have something different can come back, and some people cant handle that (Kobe).great point ,Kobe is not alone , just alone getting caught lol

My boi MJ gave all his girls nextels( lol classic playah chit smart move)

lol giving your heart to a bitchyeah if any man does give his heart to a bitch instead of a woman i do agree at that being funny!!

Marriage in America just for the average person is a risky proposition. If it fails you really do lose in so many ways. You lose out on 50 percent of your assets, plus if you have kids you pay child support which drains you financially, you also have to deal with her family members who will hate you once you get that divorce and add to your misery. If you factor that all in its a huge reason why nobody should be in a rush to get married.
depends on who you marry !!

this is my first post in here and I'm talking about being married lol ,which Im not

listen i have been living here in Brasil for 7 months and i see women bad enough to make u slap ya mama!!! even still after the running around banging stunners u get bored ,tired...want something more..then just a nut!!!
,but I'm still as single as a dollar bill loll so i feel some of the comments about being married..

what up though peoples!?!?

ploto
07-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Many of these guys reach a stage that they want children. They find a nice woman who will be a good mother and stay at home and take care of their kids and house while they are on the road. Many of them still have one night stands. The wife puts up with it-- sometimes for the kids, sometimes because she has gotten used to the life of being Mrs. Pro Athlete. Over time, she may become resentful that he cheats and is not around for the kids.

ploto
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
So many athletes try to "settle down" by getting married. Dosen't always work but dosen't always fail.

Very true

silverblk mystix
07-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I think if you are REALLY honest with yourself---a LOT of trouble can be avoided;
for example...if I was an NBA player and I know myself and I know all the opportunities that will be there for meeting women---I would be HONEST with myself and STAY SINGLE---because I know that I will not be faithful.
As long as there are stunning looking women who will sleep with you --only for the status you have---then there is NO WAY that you should be married.

Now, if I had been single forever and I had played the field forever---I would stay single a while longer and get it ALL out of my system.

Then, if I still HAD to get married I would only do so when I KNEW that I had NO DESIRE to be with other women---for the REST of my life! (if I had doubts---no marriage)

Ashy Larry
07-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Derek Jeter did it the right way ....... stay single, banged a buncha hoes and was looked at as a god.

If he were married and doing all that shit, people would have been all in his business.

If you stay single, you don't have to worry about your shit being place on "Basketball Wives."

And Shaunie O'Neal knows the game. That bitch lives in Florida, yet, she flies 3,000 miles to California to file. Why? California is a 50/50 state. That's some shit right there.

lefty
07-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Derek Jeter did it the right way ....... stay single, banged a buncha hoes and was looked at as a god.

If he were married and doing all that shit, people would have been all in his business.

If you stay single, you don't have to worry about your shit being place on "Basketball Wives."

And Shaunie O'Neal knows the game. That bitch lives in Florida, yet, she flies 3,000 miles to California to file. Why? California is a 50/50 state. That's some shit right there.
Jeter is still playing well

Maybe because he is happy

And he must be happy because he is single

peteee
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM

Ridiculous.

Yep.

co fucking signed, bro. Even though i'm not a famed/wealthy athlete myself I still have marriage pretty much. Celibates are the true smart people IMHO.

ploto
07-05-2010, 05:53 PM

IIRC half of those women were never even wives.

benefactor
07-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Meh. I've lived the life of many women on many different nights and it's overrated. People who trash marriage don't really know what it's really about.

I do agree that an athlete should probably take into consideration what his lifestyle will be before he decides to get married...or better yet just wait until he retires, as it's really not fair to the spouse who has to be alone for very long periods of time. A friend and I were talking just today about marriage and he made a good point. He said that marriage is the ultimate exercise in unselfishness and couples that learn this will usually succeed. Most athletes have been worshipped since they were very young so they tend to become selfish people(though there are the exceptions). If they can't put that selfishness aside they should probably stay single.

dbestpro
07-05-2010, 06:44 PM

They got tired of abscesses forming in their ass from all the penicillin shots.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2010, 08:44 PM
OP is right..women are fucking devious, sneaky, unfaithful little whores who are always up to no good. fuck em, and leave em, or else you get burned.

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
OP is right..women are fucking devious, sneaky, unfaithful little whores who are always up to no good. fuck em, and leave em, or else you get burned.

Sons sounds like you might be into men now....

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Sons sounds like you might be into men now....

fuck em, and leave em

i'm advocating fucking women, and you find that gay?

hmm....

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 08:52 PM
i'm advocating fucking women, and you find that gay?

hmm....

Sons my bad, all that extreme women hate threw me off for a bit.

Maybe it's mommy issues instead?

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Sons my bad, all that extreme women hate threw me off for a bit.

Maybe it's mommy issues instead?

it's more like every homeboy i've ever known has been fucked over by a girl at some point, as have i, and i see the way these girls act every day. i hear about married women fuckin people i know, i know how my homegirls act. women are just best not to be trusted is all i'm sayin.

and jewboy, if all women were like my precious momma, we wouldn't have these problems. but go ahead, be a sucker..you've been warned..

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 09:03 PM
it's more like every homeboy i've ever known has been fucked over by a girl at some point, as have i, and i see the way these girls act every day. i hear about married women fuckin people i know, i know how my homegirls act. women are just best not to be trusted is all i'm sayin.

and jewboy, if all women were like my precious momma, we wouldn't have these problems. but go ahead, be a sucker..you've been warned..

Sons my bad, I forgot you niggas grew up in the Ghetto, completely different from the cultured environment I grew up in. You niggas probably feel lucky if you make it to your 20 or something.

Sons, hopefully you'll be able to move away from the Ghetto one day and make something out of yourself. Maybe then you will learn not all women are "bitches and hoes", and that tru lov exists!!!

Carry on sons.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Sons my bad, I forgot you niggas grew up in the Ghetto, completely different from the cultured environment I grew up in. You niggas probably feel lucky if you make it to your 20 or something.

Sons, hopefully you'll be able to move away from the Ghetto one day and make something out of yourself. Maybe then you will learn not all women are "bitches and hoes", and that tru lov exists!!!

Carry on sons.

my parents moved to get me out of the ghetto and so that i'd stay out of trouble...i go to college and live in a dfw suburb these days. i'm talking about girls that your naive ass probably thinks are "good" girls. guess what scrah there is no such thing

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 09:09 PM
my parents moved to get me out of the ghetto and so that i'd stay out of trouble...i go to college and live in a dfw suburb these days. i'm talking about girls that your naive ass probably thinks are "good" girls. guess what scrah there is no such thing

Sons it's obvious you're been "burned". Son what happened, some chick dropped your ass, broke your heart, etc?

Sons again, it's completely different here outside the ghetto, it's possible to find nice ladies who will treat you with respect - I'm not talking about the 2 dolla crack whores which are abundant in the ghetto and which you probably are used to.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Sons it's obvious you're been "burned". Son what happened, some chick dropped your ass, broke your heart, etc?

Sons again, it's completely different here outside the ghetto, it's possible to find nice ladies who will treat you with respect - I'm not talking about the 2 dolla crack whores which are abundant in the ghetto and which you probably are used to.

bro, i'm talking about suburban college girls! not just girls from the ghetto..i'm talking about shit that's happened to my suburban friends, friends from my old hood, it doesn't matter. girls of all types are this way. i have several close female friends that tell me all about it, i hear directly from their perspective what goes on. you're naive

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 09:14 PM
bro, i'm talking about suburban college girls! not just girls from the ghetto..i'm talking about shit that's happened to my suburban friends. girls of all types are this way. i have several close female friends that tell me all about it, i hear directly from their perspective what goes on. you're naive

Sons what do you expect from college hoes?

My parents were already married at the age of 20, you won't see this kind of shit nowdays(and if you do, they will probably divorce within 2 years). Nowdays, it takes two mature people to make it into a serious relationship. I'm talking about 25-27 is where you should be looking to settle down/get married. There's no rush sons.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Sons what do you expect from college hoes?

My parents were already married at the age of 20, you won't see this kind of shit nowdays(and if you do, they will probably divorce within 2 years). Nowdays, it takes two mature people to make it into a serious relationship. I'm talking about 25-27 is where you should be looking to settle down/get married. There's no rush sons.

and since we aren't 27, you're pretty much now agreeing with my original opinion. until then, don't trust these girls brah they are scandalous, especially in today's world. they'll be with a nigga for 2 years and for whatever reason decide to cheat. they'll fuck you over, do you wrong, and when you find out they'll try to spin it back around on you somehow. and some never grow out of it. DTA (don't trust anyone) also applies to homeboys too

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 09:17 PM
and since we aren't 27, you're pretty much now agreeing with my original opinion. until then, don't trust these girls brah they are scandalous, especially in today's world. they'll be with a nigga for 2 years and for whatever reason decide to cheat. they'll fuck you over, do you wrong, and when you find out they'll try to spin it back around on you somehow. and some never grow out of it. DTA (don't trust anyone) also applies to homeboys too

Sons but you were saying these all hoes are bad, etc, that's not true. Sons I agree about not trusting anyone tbh, your mom got your back, your dad probably does two, but anyone else, you better be careful, because onestly no one gives a shit about you in this world.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2010, 09:21 PM
you better be careful, because onestly no one gives a shit about you in this world.

this

that's why i don't fuck with too many anymore, and we'll have to agree to disagree about the girls thing. i used to feel the same way, until i saw the cold hard truth about many girls who i thought were "good" girls. one of my good friends happens to be a professional pickup artist (he actually makes money off this and opened up his own school) like "Mystery" the guy with the tv show on MTV, so i know how these girls think.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Sons it's obvious you're been "burned".

and yeah, i played with fire and i got burned. fell for a bad girl and thought i could handle her, but these chicks just can't be tamed. that's why no female besides my own mother and sister will ever get any sort of love from me

Smooth Criminal
07-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Chillin out maxin, relaxin all cool
and all shootin some bball outside of the school
when a couple of guys who were up to no good
started makin trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
and said:...