PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck University

fraga
07-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Now morons can get more uneducated for $9.95/month...

Article (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20009560-503544.html)

boutons_deux
07-05-2010, 07:54 AM
American civilization is unstoppable.

rjv
07-05-2010, 08:42 AM
i think we have some posters here who actually have their PhDs from beck u.

Stringer_Bell
07-05-2010, 10:24 AM
i think we have some posters here who actually have their PhDs from beck u.

I'm not sure what you are trying to insinuate, but whatever it is, I don't like it.

But for real, this has probably been planned since Beck switched to the "college lecture" format on his show. For as idiotic, selfish, and annoying as the man himself is...the structure sells and I can see people paying for "further discussion" to connect to an online community of fellow "freedom fighters and sacred dignity preservers or whatever the fuck he calls them" :lmao

rjv
07-05-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure what you are trying to insinuate, but whatever it is, I don't like it.

But for real, this has probably been planned since Beck switched to the "college lecture" format on his show. For as idiotic, selfish, and annoying as the man himself is...the structure sells and I can see people paying for "further discussion" to connect to an online community of fellow "freedom fighters and sacred dignity preservers or whatever the fuck he calls them" :lmao

well if the chia pet can sell, why not 2 cent revisionism ?

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 12:28 PM
You can probably get more out of it than say a political science, english, or philosophy degree.

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't particularly like Beck, but he has an uncanny ability of his past words being correct today. He's worth listening to.

rjv
07-05-2010, 12:33 PM
You can probably get more out of it than say a political science, english, or philosophy degree.

of course. i'm sure a "degree" from beck u can get you admitted to a law school or graduate school quite easily.

more likely, it gets you in line to greet people at wal-mart.

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 12:54 PM
of course. i'm sure a "degree" from beck u can get you admitted to a law school or graduate school quite easily.

more likely, it gets you in line to greet people at wal-mart.
Don't tell me you're taking that degree stuff literal...

As for the WalMart greeter comment, at least those people prefer the dignity of providing for themselves instead of relying on welfare. I know a guy who is a Walmart greeter. He was born with a birth defect, and cannot do as much as most people. He works two jobs rather than rely on others. I wouldn't be so quick to look down on such people.

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 01:00 PM
I met a guy with a philosophy degree n English degree who live their moms
But yeah if the only thing a 4 yr degree can get u is admittance to another school than it is money well spent. Maybe tho u could get a degree that will get u a job to get admitted into another school. Just sayin

boutons_deux
07-05-2010, 01:11 PM
BecKKKtards will step up their educational level by graduating from BecKKK U.

BecKKK as an super-wealthy educator, thought-leader, opinion-maker, king-maker? for millions of rabble, sheeple, bubbas is another indication that

AMERICA IS FUCKED

rjv
07-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Don't tell me you're taking that degree stuff literal...

As for the WalMart greeter comment, at least those people prefer the dignity of providing for themselves instead of relying on welfare. I know a guy who is a Walmart greeter. He was born with a birth defect, and cannot do as much as most people. He works two jobs rather than rely on others. I wouldn't be so quick to look down on such people.

don't worry about it WC, there are pleny of other groups you are willing to look down on.

but nice try at the 'suddenly i'm a patron saint for the sole purpose of this post' routine.

rjv
07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
But yeah if the only thing a 4 yr degree can get u is admittance to another school than it is money well spent. Maybe tho u could get a degree that will get u a job to get admitted into another school. Just sayin

are you drunk or suffering a stroke at the moment?

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 01:34 PM
don't worry about it WC, there are pleny of other groups you are willing to look down on.

but nice try at the 'suddenly i'm a patron saint for the sole purpose of this post' routine.
You're right But I look down upon those who want to cash in on handouts rather that working when able to. I look down on those who believe they have the right to vote for people promising more government. I look down upon those who spit on the constitution. I do not look down upon those who try to provide for themselves, and take what jobs they can.

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 01:41 PM
are you drunk or suffering a stroke at the moment?

I was doing that with my ipod touch. touch screens and big fingers suck.

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 01:42 PM

great job of attacking personally and not about anything they write.

rjv
07-05-2010, 02:26 PM
great job of attacking personally and not about anything they write.

he gave me an anecdote not a syllogism. fallacies don't apply to sarcasm. perhaps you should try to take an intro to philosophy class.

rjv
07-05-2010, 02:29 PM
You're right But I look down upon those who want to cash in on handouts rather that working when able to. I look down on those who believe they have the right to vote for people promising more government. I look down upon those who spit on the constitution. I do not look down upon those who try to provide for themselves, and take what jobs they can.

that's some pretty elitist blue collar vernacular there, mr. constitution!

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
he gave me an anecdote not a syllogism. fallacies don't apply to sarcasm. perhaps you should try to take an intro to philosophy class.
That's a pathetic excuse for attacking the person instead of what is written.

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 02:34 PM
that's some pretty elitist blue collar vernacular there, mr. constitution!
Since when is it elitist for believing in providing for one self? Don't you believe people should strive for that?

rjv
07-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Since when is it elitist for believing in providing for one self? Don't you believe people should strive for that?

I look down on those who believe they have the right to vote for people promising more government

so you think that people who decide to vote for someone running for office that does not share your same belief in a limited government does not have that right? and that is not elitist or arrogant in any way, shape or form? okay.

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 02:46 PM
so you think that people who decide to vote for someone running for office that does not share your same belief in a limited government does not have that right? and that is not elitist or arrogant in any way, shape or form? okay.
OMG...

I had that in the context of "promising more government." This has fast become a legal way for people to deprive me of my hard earned accomplishments.

FromWayDowntown
07-05-2010, 02:48 PM
n/m

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 02:49 PM
and black surgeons.
You need some new material Mr. Broken Record.

rjv
07-05-2010, 02:49 PM

even here, you clearly insinuate that this person is an example of how there should be almost zero tolerance of any individual receiving assistance from the government. as long as one is physically fit, then they should be out there supporting themselves solely on the minimum wage from 2 different jobs. nice perfect universe but the reality is that not all handicapped or disabled people fit into this nicely wrapped set.

rjv
07-05-2010, 02:56 PM
OMG...

I had that in the context of "promising more government." This has fast become a legal way for people to deprive me of my hard earned accomplishments.

ah yes, the old "that's not what i meant" or "it's semantics" card from WC. of course, most of the rest of your post was so obtuse, semantics are never even really the problem. meaning is more the issue. as in what the hell does that mean? (e.g. "spit on the constitution"). maybe some of those thoughts are from a glen beck modern language course.

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 02:57 PM
even here, you clearly insinuate that this person is an example of how there should be almost zero tolerance of any individual receiving assistance from the government.
Bullshit you stupid ass. I said they were not people to be looked down upon.

as long as one is physically fit, then they should be out there supporting themselves solely on the minimum wage from 2 different jobs.
Do you expect to make it far in life with such incorrect assumptions?

nice perfect universe but the reality is that not all handicapped or disabled people fit into this nicely wrapped set.

No shit Sherlock, and I have addressed this before. If you stop and reflect on the past, you will recall I am all for welfare for those who need it. i am adamantly against long term support of those who are perfectly capable of providing for themselves.

I think you are just looking for any excuse to attack me. Better have a good attack, or keep looking like a total fool.

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 02:58 PM
ah yes, the old "that's not what i meant" or "it's semantics" card from WC. of course, most of the rest of your post was so obtuse, semantics are never even really the problem. meaning is more the issue. as in what the hell does that mean? (e.g. "spit on the constitution"). maybe some of those thoughts are from a glen beck modern language course.
Have anything meaningful to say?

If not, bye.

rjv
07-05-2010, 03:01 PM
you will recall I am all for welfare for those who need it. i am adamantly against long term support of those who are perfectly capable of providing for themselves.

so then you support welfare, which is a form of government assistance. as the base for those who need it grows larger then so shall the government. perhaps even one day you will find yourself accepting such assistance (as we all could).

rjv
07-05-2010, 03:02 PM
If not, bye.

now that was more exact. perhaps the problem is when you stray into compound sentences

George Gervin's Afro
07-05-2010, 03:10 PM

and you know this how?

George Gervin's Afro
07-05-2010, 03:13 PM

For someone who doesn't think much about degrees, do you have one?

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 03:13 PM
so then you support welfare, which is a form of government assistance. as the base for those who need it grows larger then so shall the government. perhaps even one day you will find yourself accepting such assistance (as we all could).
I am completely for welfare that is needed. Problem is, we have too many people who are perfectly capable of working who don't, even when jobs are available. Social programs are just part of the big government we need to reduce.

now that was more exact. perhaps the problem is when you stray into compound sentences
Maybe you should learn what the key marked "Shift" does, and how to parse sentences properly.

rjv
07-05-2010, 03:28 PM
I am completely for welfare that is needed. Problem is, we have too many people who are perfectly capable of working who don't, even when jobs are available. Social programs are just part of the big government we need to reduce.

Maybe you should learn what the key marked "Shift" does, and how to parse sentences properly.

fair enough; except for the shift key part. lower case rules.

Wild Cobra
07-05-2010, 03:33 PM
fair enough; except for the shift key part. lower case rules.
Then you have no right to complain about the way others say things.

rjv
07-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Then you have no right to complain about the way others say things.

aesthetics or presentation is one thing. meaning and argument (and even grammar) are fair game as far as i am concerned. place your thoughts in a haiku if you wish, as long as it makes sense and is factually accurate.

boutons_deux
07-05-2010, 03:44 PM
"we have too many people who are perfectly capable of working who don't"

That's your ideology, which is never backed up by evidence. St Ronnie also got this ball rolling by whining about Welfare Queens in Cadillacs as a gambit to screw over all unemployed.

Sure, like many corporate "persons" who game the system and steal taxpayer dollars (eg, mega corps stealing small business govt contracts) by buying loopholes, subsidies, and tax break, just like doctors, hospitals, overcharge insurance companes and Medicare/medicaid, etc do, there in few human persons who also cheat on unemployment.

You always are ready to screw all unemployed people in the Banksters' Great Depression with 5+ demanders (and many have simply quit demanding) for every job, in order to make sure a tiny percentage don't cheat the system, but I never hear you going after "establishment" cheats, who rip off taxpayers every year, 100s of $Bs, more than welfare cheats ever do.

DMX7
07-05-2010, 03:51 PM

A degree in English from the right university can get you a $100,000+ Investment Banking job, but you probably didn't know that. And I didn't think you would.

The liberal media has convinced you that Glenn Beck, the guy who dropped out of college twice, is not actually committed to your education and welfare. That's very wrong of them because he is, tee-hee.

At least this isn't a real university though, just a scheme to rob stupid TEA Party republicans out of their money, which I'm all for.

DJ Mbenga
07-05-2010, 04:29 PM
glen sure knows how to trick people for money. that is one characteristic of his you have to admire. almost like dane cook getting paid for being unfunny.

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Sons where do I sign up?

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 05:30 PM
For someone who doesn't think much about degrees, do you have one?

yes. when did I say I don't think highly about degrees?

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 05:32 PM
A degree in English from the right university can get you a $100,000+ Investment Banking job, but you probably didn't know that. And I didn't think you would.

The liberal media has convinced you that Glenn Beck, the guy who dropped out of college twice, is not actually committed to your education and welfare. That's very wrong of them because he is, tee-hee.

At least this isn't a real university though, just a scheme to rob stupid TEA Party republicans out of their money, which I'm all for.

Like Obama robbing all the anti-war ppl and anti-corporatists of their money?

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Sounds like this will be a good think tank. i am def signing up.

Stringer_Bell
07-05-2010, 06:10 PM

When you talked smack about political science, english, and philosophy degrees...the same degrees that run the world (pre-law isn't a real major, but people don't realize that until they get rejected from every law school they apply to :lol ).

I too believe in Gleen Beck University being a good think tank. Where is the opening on this thing? I want to take a shit in it.

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 08:44 PM

Are we talking a 4 year university degree, or one of those online degrees?

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 08:55 PM
stringer: I just think to get a degree like English or Philosophy is a waste. It's not my choice but theres so I don't care just my opinion.

badodor: it's going to be a huff post style website, it sounds like. Hired people with others able to comment. beck is big in history.

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Yup, beck sure is good at getting the dumbasses to fork over their money for this "university":rollin

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 09:08 PM
:lol
you're a bitch. a 1970's sitcom thinks your joke was lame. keep it up. i'm gonna let you just make ruhtarded jokes and not try and help.

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 09:10 PM
you're a bitch. a 1970's sitcom thinks your joke was lame. keep it up. i'm gonna let you just make ruhtarded jokes and not try and help.

Sons good luck with the whole "Glenn beck university" thing you're doing. You should totally put it on your resume.

Bender
07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
AMERICA IS FUCKED
don't you mean fuckkked?

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Sons good luck with the whole "Glenn beck university" thing you're doing. You should totally put it on your resume.

good idea. right next to my ninja skills.

BadOdor
07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
good idea. right next to my ninja skills.

That should be enough to get you a job in wallmart:toast

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 09:51 PM
walmart. too much work. i think ill be a judge. all i need is one of my friends to get elected to president. I'll just become a facebook whore.

spursncowboys
07-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Or be like you and just collect govt checks. how many kids you on? seven?

Veterinarian
07-05-2010, 11:24 PM
I don't particularly like Beck, but he has an uncanny ability of his past words being correct today. He's worth listening to.

Beck cherrypicks the things that he's right about and repeats them constantly and people forget he has a horrid record as a predictor. The only source for Beck being a great predictor is Beck himself or Fox News his employer:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,593580,00.html

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=glenn+beck+predictions+&btnG=Search+Archives&num=100&hl=en&ned=us&scoring=a&as_price=p1

There's tons of articles talking about how shitty his predictions are but Beck has convinced/brainwashed all of his audience that any articles pointing out in plain language all his wrong predictions are just crap from the liberal media. Beck predicted a massive war would start on August 22 of last year. Basically he predicted World War III was going to start on August 22:

http://mediamatters.org/research/200608230009

I'll say again, in a move of Pat Robertson like retardedness he started trying to predict the date that cataclysmic events were going to happen.

He's basically a secular evangelist, who's peddling "end of the world" stories to scared and/or ignorant people.

Veterinarian
07-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Wednesday, January 14, 2009:

"Q: Do you have any predictions for the next few years about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

A: I think we're going to have an Archduke Ferdinand moment soon. I think the world is about to be set on fire. We're on the brink of an event that would dramatically change things; we're on the eve of change. What that will look like, I don't know."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2009/01/14/2_GLENN_BECK_Q_A.ART_ART_01-14-09_D5_LNCHEPB.html?sid=101

Pat Robertson wants his schtick back tbh.

5Un10ytOJxY

Blake
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM

seeing as how it is nothing more than listening to three biased hacks talk, probably not. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they put in a few plugs for buying gold bullion in the middle of these "lectures" as well.

Asking people to sign up for classes through "Beck University" is funny considering Beck didn't have enough patience to get through college himself

spursncowboys
07-06-2010, 05:18 PM
making fun of someone successful who is pretty intelligent, for not having a piece of paper, makes you look shallow and petty.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Beck certainly knows how to make money off stupid people.

spursncowboys
07-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Especially with Obama's large amount of degrees to help your point.

TeyshaBlue
07-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Especially with Obama's large amount of degrees to help your point.

Degrees are generally helpful in life. Also, it's presumed that anyone granting a "degree" might actually need to possess one.

spursncowboys
07-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Beck certainly knows how to make money off stupid people.

yeah because anyone who doesn't agree with you or have a degree can't actually be intelligent.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2010, 06:29 PM
yeah because anyone who doesn't agree with you or have a degree can't actually be intelligent.Anyone stupid enough to pay for Glenn Beck University can't actually be intelligent.

spursncowboys
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
way to read the article from the link before beginning your hogwash.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
So how do you enroll at Beck University? By joining his "Insider Extreme" website at a cost of $9.95 per month or $74.95 for the year. A promotional page for the "Insider Extreme" subscription lays out what it offers beyond the normal "Insider" membership and features a variety of pictures of Beck mugging for the camera.:lol

spursncowboys
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM
touche

Blake
07-06-2010, 11:11 PM
making fun of someone successful who is pretty intelligent, for not having a piece of paper, makes you look shallow and petty.

your failure to read and comprehend properly makes you look pretty unintelligent.

for you specifically, getting a degree in English would be far better than attending Beck University, imo.

Drachen
07-07-2010, 08:55 AM

How many moms does this guy have?

rjv
07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
How many moms does this guy have?