PDA

View Full Version : Scariest videogame ever?

lefty
07-05-2010, 10:51 AM
:(

EA has basically assembled a dream team of Japanese horror designers to work on one game.

Directed by Goichi Suda, better known as Suda 51, the writer of Killer7, No More Heroes, and Fatal Frame IV.

Produced by Shinji Mikami, the creator of Resident Evil.

Music composed by Akira Yamaoka, the composer for the entire Silent Hill series.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Sounds pretty damn scary

mingus
07-06-2010, 02:15 AM
scariest game i ever played was Resident Evil 1 on the PS1. i remember i being scary as hell. then again, i was like in 3rd grade so it could be lame lmao.

Muser
07-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Eternal Darkness was pretty good for a scare, so was Silent Hill 2.

Nathan Explosion
07-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Silent Hill in general was creepy. Never found the Resident Evil games to be all that scary or creepy.

phyzik
07-06-2010, 08:29 AM
I remember playing Doom in the dark back in 1993 :lol

120Mhz processor
16mb of Ram
500mb HDD

having to modify the autoexec.bat in DOS just to get enough extended memory to run applications... Ahh... those where the days.

lefty
07-06-2010, 08:31 AM
By the way, one of the games I mentioned in the OP, Fatal Frame 4, is scary as shit

Never played it, but seems to be a Silent Hill clone

Youtube it, and see for yourself.

Xevious
07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Resident Evil and Silent Hill were scary because if some kind of creature came after you, the controls were too cumbersome to actually do anything about it.

That said, the first couple Silent Hill games had a very creepy atmosphere.

Drachen
07-06-2010, 08:33 AM
I remember playing Doom in the dark back in 1993 :lol

Doom II, 2 am, surround sound, right next to a window with no curtains to my back yard which had no lights and therefore it was pitch black immediately outside the window.

lefty
07-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Fatal Frame 4, one of the games I mentioned in the 1st post

At 9:06 in the 1st vid :spless:

olcu4Wkd8ws

OIIXnl34fZw

baDNIDd5Ft4

Viva Las Espuelas
07-07-2010, 04:35 PM
F.E.A.R made me jump at times and I rarely get skeered

DJ Mbenga
07-07-2010, 08:38 PM
i dont really play horror games but the deadspace was really good. it combined the action or Re4, the narrative style and pacing of bioshock to make a good game. this is better cause unlike the silent hill games you actually can defend yoruself and it was still had scares.

xellos88330
07-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Fatal Frame was by far the scariest game I ever played. Couldn't sleep knowing the game was even in the house.

It was my fault for buying it though. Friend told me it was scary as shit and to play it with the lights off in full surround. It made me pee a little.

BruceBowenFan
07-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Fatal Frame was by far the scariest game I ever played. Couldn't sleep knowing the game was even in the house.

It was my fault for buying it though. Friend told me it was scary as shit and to play it with the lights off in full surround. It made me pee a little.

this, i didnt believe my friend when he said this game was scary as hell but boy was i wrong fast.

The Reckoning
07-08-2010, 01:11 AM
lmao fatal frame looks boring

BruceBowenFan
07-08-2010, 01:16 AM

Give it a chance, like i said i i didnt think it was gonna be all that but i love the game now.

The Reckoning
07-08-2010, 01:20 AM
i just might if i get the time, but taking pictures of ghosts seems pretty meh.

its like the next step up from pokemon snap.

Xevious
07-08-2010, 01:22 AM
No shit. Tight quarters, zero light, clunky controls while you solve puzzles and scream like a girl at things jumping out at you. No thanks.

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2010, 01:27 AM
scariest game i ever played was Resident Evil 1 on the PS1. i remember i being scary as hell. then again, i was like in 3rd grade so it could be lame lmao.

no shit same with doom, especially when playin with no lights and volume up loud hahaha fkn

spursfan1000
07-13-2010, 03:00 AM
idk just watching some parts of twisted metal black on ps2 was pretty scary haha.

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 05:54 PM
The Reckoning freaked me out...

Don't know if it was playing it mostly um, uh, yeah...or, the fact that my dad just passed away and I thought I'd hear him try and reach me...

The Reckoning
01-22-2011, 02:48 AM
http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2010/09/majora.html

X6D2XCJUJHY&feature=player_embedded

iGOJmdxdjeA&feature=player_embedded

K48QdVhCBfQ&feature=player_embedded

QE7YUEtpHoY&feature=player_embedded

LnGrrrR
01-22-2011, 04:51 AM

3rd grade? Wtf? How old are you, 18? :lol

But to answer your question, that game was scary no matter what. I remember playing that with high school buddies late at night, them jumping at the dogs through the window, me at that evil plant...

mingus
01-22-2011, 03:06 PM

But to answer your question, that game was scary no matter what. I remember playing that with high school buddies late at night, them jumping at the dogs through the window, me at that evil plant...

yup. very scary stuff. probably because it was really the first of its kind. teh dogs coming through the windo scared the shit out of me.

the old Resident Evil was great. i personally think they should go back to how it was made back then, where it was "survival horror," and you had to manage ammo and health carefully if you wanted to beat it. now it's more run and gun than survival horror.

i think there is a lack of survival horror games out. they're fun, i have no idea why.

Sense
01-22-2011, 09:34 PM
http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2010/09/majora.html

X6D2XCJUJHY&feature=player_embedded

iGOJmdxdjeA&feature=player_embedded

K48QdVhCBfQ&feature=player_embedded

QE7YUEtpHoY&feature=player_embedded

This was interesting... although... Fake, the guy did an awesome job at creeping me out though, and then he introduced Ben to his computer.. and that just fucked it up.

The Reckoning
01-22-2011, 09:53 PM
This was interesting... although... Fake, the guy did an awesome job at creeping me out though, and then he introduced Ben to his computer.. and that just fucked it up.

yeah id love to see how he was able to hack a rom like that. great job. he had a badass setup and that first video creeped me the fuck out because it seemed like a plausible glitch.

but then his "roommate" typed a response for him although he said he had a single :lol, and introducting ben to other mediums like in the ring. he had too much of a good troll job going and blew it out of proportion. especially when he included scenes from OOT. he should have kept it to one or two videos and then "disappeared." everybody would think it was real. too bad.

that said, the elegy of emptiness statues were always creepy to me when i played MM a long time ago.

cool cat
01-22-2011, 11:06 PM

WTF fail much? He would be 23-24 not 18.

Sense
01-23-2011, 12:02 AM
yeah id love to see how he was able to hack a rom like that. great job. he had a badass setup and that first video creeped me the fuck out because it seemed like a plausible glitch.

but then his "roommate" typed a response for him although he said he had a single :lol, and introducting ben to other mediums like in the ring. he had too much of a good troll job going and blew it out of proportion. especially when he included scenes from OOT. he should have kept it to one or two videos and then "disappeared." everybody would think it was real. too bad.

that said, the elegy of emptiness statues were always creepy to me when i played MM a long time ago.

Yeah you could tell as he went on with the videos that he tried to step it up a notch, by adding the light effect to the characters as they watched him die, putting them in different enviroments, lol like the death in the water.

vander
01-23-2011, 08:18 AM
there are a few different types "Scary"

the best will always be System Shock 2, god, imagine if that game had actually been fully funded/finished.

when will the Video Game industry start remaking classics?