PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been so pissed off, so angry and so anxious for a Game 5?

GrandeDavid
05-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Seriously, I feel like hunting zebras and kicking some Sonic ass. At the same time I'm pissed off at every Spur less Duncan and Ginobili. Any of you who go to Game 5, boo the hell out of the Sonics and scream until you have no voice throughout the entire game.

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2005, 08:17 PM
I agree, word for word.

But then again, I am scared of game 5. I think the Sonics will win in San Antonio and then take game 6 at home. I just can't believe this shit.

SPURS21
05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Pop needs to make a lineup change and put ginobilli back in the starting lineup

barry only deserves garbage minutes, nothing else he is an offensive liability

GrandeDavid
05-15-2005, 08:23 PM
If that happens, Alvarez, then so be it. That means that there are a lot of overrated pvssies on the team and they would have gotten what they deserved.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Just as long as overrated pussies includes the head coach, I'm tired of the free passes he gets when his joke of an offense craters in the playoffs year after year.

I'm worried about game 5 if Rashard is out. Pop can't adjust in a playoff series if another team makes a change, it's his one fault. It fucks up his system. And AD+Luke+Ray are that one change.

GrandeDavid
05-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Aggie, I hear you man! I'm livid with Popovich as well.

E20
05-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Brent Barry needs to grow a pair.

Leetonidas
05-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Everyone on the Spurs besides Timmy needs to get their nuts back and quit being pussies.

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Brent Barry needs to grow a pair.
Along with rasho.

texbumTHElife
05-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Wow who would have thought at this time of year we would be calling out Brent Barry on offense......

Oh in response to the thread title; I was much more anxious for tonights game than I am for Friday. My loyalty is there but its time for the Spurs to win back my faith.

DDS4
05-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, if we can't beat a depleted Sonics team. I don't what to say.

Definitely not championship material if we can't take care of business.

E20
05-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Wheres Hedo when you need him!

mouse
05-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Unlike you Grande David ,
my life does not hang on game by game.

You see me melting down when the rockets where up by two?

you all are some sorry ecuses for Sports fans,

GrandeDavid
05-15-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm too embarrassed now.

Dre_7
05-15-2005, 08:45 PM

No, not all, some of us actually understand that it is a 7 game series.

Spurs in 6!!!!! (2003 deja vu!)

mouse
05-15-2005, 08:48 PM

your the rare 2% of the 98% of Band wagon fans at this site :lmao

nickbroken
05-15-2005, 08:51 PM

No joke everyone is so fast to jump off the wagon and slit their wrists, I'm waiting for the plethora of posts crying about how we are done....que Alvie in 3...2..1...

GrandeDavid
05-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Mouse, I never thanked you properly for hooking me and my buddy from Cincinnati up. You came through like a pro, bro! Props to you!

Brodels
05-15-2005, 08:56 PM
This loss goes on everyone except Tim. Duncan was actually quite good tonight. Not one other player stepped up.

And when did the Spurs interior defense begin to part whenever an opponent came down the lane? The Spurs had no energy and were just plain bad. They've had some time off and Seattle was missing their second-best player. There really isn't an excuse.

Maybe this team really is too soft. If they don't come back on Tuesday with a tough, convincing performance, the criticisms made by others about this team will turn out to be warranted.

Disappointing performance. Again.

Nikos
05-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Duncan didnt create anything for anyone. He had a few bad turnovers early, and the tone was SET since possesion #1 that every play was gonna be a lob to Tim. And of course Tim was wreslting all night 2-3 Sonics. I didn't even see one kick out from Tim to a shooter at the 3 pt line.

Duncan's numbers meant nothing IMO.

alamo50
05-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Sometimes it realy is like a bunch of freakin' kids in here.....
You actualy think Seattle is gonna win one single game in San Antonio from now on?
This round we'll be fine.

Go Tony, it's your birthday (on Tuesday)!

bonesinaz
05-15-2005, 09:02 PM
TP only had 3 assists, he had SteveFrancisitis tonight.

td4mvp21
05-15-2005, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=mouse]Unlike you Grande David ,

[QUOTE/]

Well unlike your team, our team has the ability to win every game in the playoffs. We are dissappointed and angry because we know the ability that this team has is a special one.

phyzeeks
05-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi fellas and gals:

I have to agree about the overwhelming feeling of doom that this loss brings. I don't blame the Spurs but I do blame the head coach! With two major parts of seatle out, you have to instill that killer instinct. There is no reason that the Spurs should have been blown out in this game. Pop went with what has always worked, thus being incredibly predictable. Pop insists on playing defense defense defense when the team should trying playing some offense to keep the score close. You see this more often than not in the playoffs with pop. When another team gets hot offensively, pop keeps the spurs playing in the defensive mindset when no matter how good a defense you play, the other team is still going to score. Seattle will not coold down and if the Spurs think they can hold the Sonics under 100 points again, the will lose. I predict the Spurs must score over 100 to win game 5 or lose this series in 6. Don't get me wrong, i believe they can do it. But POP better let them score and not rely "on the averages"!!!!

saspurs2005
05-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, Im part of that 2%, i believe the spurs will win this series, this game just sucks, and i am going to stick with the Spurs. Tim Duncan was not all around good, i didnt see no leadership from him, everytime we would see him on the screen, he would just be staring down at the floor. Bowen, i dont know what to say...i understand he is a great defender, but your not going to have a good night every single time at defending a guy, thats when Pop should have put someone else in, Allan was already shotting great, so why bother with one less scorer in Bowen. Parker and Gino, will have a great game tues, parker will go off...Spurs should put in Gino back in the lineup, Barry is just there for nothing, spurs should be fine, i see them winning in 6, i havent changed my mind, it might be a tough game tues, but spurs should win by 10+, i am not saying anyone to believe in the shit i am writing, i am just saying what i think in my mind...as part of that 2%, i say Go Spurs Go and Spurs in 6....

John

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich called the situation "the worst possible scenario," saying it can only help the Sonics.

"People pick up their games," Popovich said. "You worry about your own group letting up a little bit psychologically and subconsciously. Teams become more aggressive and play with a desperate sort of attitude, a greater sense of urgency."

When I saw this today, I knew we were in trouble.

When a team's got two guys out, you don't say "uh oh." You go for the damn jugular.

Nikos
05-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Not news at all. Pop is not the type to instill confidence in his team. He just overemphasizes the negative and gives too much props to the other team.

phyzeeks
05-15-2005, 09:21 PM
haven't you guys noticed how strong Miami looks! Damn. I know they played two nobody teams but they diposed of those teams like they were nobodies! heheh

The west is more competitive, I understand that. Seattle ins't a push over team. The Spurs were dominant at one time when Malik was here. Ya know, even though Bruce is a great defender, Malik could have learned to play justa good of defense and would have given the spurs that extra scorer. Oh well. So where was Nazr? Rasho, you're one gone body! Trading block for your ass!! And I wish someone would kick Parker's ass! Tell him that four years is long enough in the NBA to develope a consistent game! AND POP!!! Get a CLUE man! Get creative and get some fire under these guys. Yes defense wins championships but you still lose if you score one less point then your opponenet does!!! 1-0!

mouse
05-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Mouse, I never thanked you properly for hooking me and my buddy from Cincinnati up. You came through like a pro, bro! Props to you!

You can thank me by going to a Sonics vs Mavs semi final gtg :smokin

silver rosita
05-15-2005, 09:32 PM
This loss goes on everyone except Tim. Duncan was actually quite good tonight. Not one other player stepped up.

And when did the Spurs interior defense begin to part whenever an opponent came down the lane? The Spurs had no energy and were just plain bad. They've had some time off and Seattle was missing their second-best player. There really isn't an excuse.

Maybe this team really is too soft. If they don't come back on Tuesday with a tough, convincing performance, the criticisms made by others about this team will turn out to be warranted.

Disappointing performance. Again.

GrandeDavid
05-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Mouse, it'll still be Spurs/Phoenix, sorry to disappoint you.

silver rosita
05-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Once again, we find ourselves with a Spurs team that has no "fire in the belly" - To quote the post game announcers, "they did not come to play". How can they have that mind set in the Play offs?! THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS!
Does anyone other than Duncan know that?

The Achilles Heal of the Spurs is obvious for all to see -- Number One: The lack of physicality and desire to compete and win, and Number Two: Which team will show up - the one that competes or the one that assumes?, and
Number Three: Free throw problems will be there again in future play off games. Pop needs to take them outside and "bitch" slap every one of them (except Duncan). It is way past time to get serious and compete. This is not a championship team -- a championship team competes on every level!

Shelly
05-15-2005, 09:52 PM
My husband pointed out in Game 3 that Tim shaved his beard and he felt that was an omen. When Tim shaves, we lose.

Gro the fro and ZZ Top beard, Timmy!

GrandeDavid
05-16-2005, 09:38 AM
^Shelly, maybe Brent Barry should shave, too! Damn was he awful.

I cannot wait for Game 5 because we will see the truth about this team. If they lose, I will not even be upset. I will honestly be like "oh well, they're soft and overrated". However, I seriously doubt that'll happen. I think the Spurs will literally plow the Sonics into the ground. I also hope Rashard Lewis plays.

Finally, the game is being televized in Brazil, so I'm looking forward to watching a Spurs blowout.

MadDog73
05-16-2005, 09:56 AM
In answer to the actual question (have I ever been more pissed off and anxious for a Game 5). YES. In 2003 and 2004. Actually, more so in 2003, because I really doubted the Spurs could beat the Lakers. I was so excited when we went up 2-0, and then I could just feel my heart sink as the Lakers won 3 and 4. When Horry's shot didn't go in at the end... whew. LUCKY. That's all I could think. Of course, that luck ran out in 2004.

Although I'm anxious about this Game 5, I'd be lying if I said I've never been more anxious.

LilMissSPURfect
05-16-2005, 10:16 AM
I picked the spurs in 5. but i think the only way they can do this now is to beat them so bad it counts for 2 games!

GO SPURS!

:elephant

grjr
05-16-2005, 04:01 PM
Obviously the Spurs never could get acclimated to the heavy sea-level air.

SpursChampsIII
05-16-2005, 04:09 PM

Hey Mouse, maybe posting is not your game. I know, how about a spelling contest? Ecuse me fur corecttinng yure spelleeng.

Xolotl
05-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Seriously, I feel like hunting zebras and kicking some Sonic ass. At the same time I'm pissed off at every Spur less Duncan and Ginobili. Any of you who go to Game 5, boo the hell out of the Sonics and scream until you have no voice throughout the entire game.

I agree with you GD. I had to go outside and take a walk to calm down. While out there I stole candy from a little kid to let him know the world is an unfair place. :p

Ishta
05-16-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm Very Mad, But Ready To Get Fucking Even......enjoy The Last Win Of Your Season Ray(new Spokesperson For Huggies)allen.

One Team, One Goal

Believe, The Spurs Will Win This Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go