PDA

View Full Version : Horror movies remakes 2010-2015

lefty
07-05-2010, 12:11 PM
IMHO, "IT" and "THEY LIVE" should NOT be remade :pctoss

And why a remake of " American werewolf in London? "; I thought " American Werewolf in Paris " was a remake

JjvJ3sveg6k

fraga
07-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Well they fucked up Nightmare on Elm Street...and now they're planning on fucking up An American Werewolf in London...has Hollywood lost all original thought...

lefty
07-05-2010, 12:33 PM
"They Live" was a classic; and that 6 minute fight scene was epic :lol

Just the thought of remaking it is sacrilege

Dex
07-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Hollywood ran out of ideas like 10 years ago.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-05-2010, 12:54 PM
That's why if you're gonna go to the movies it makes sense to support original screenplays that aren't part of a franchise or sequel.
People pay money to see these fuckin remakes so its like reality tv. The money is guaranteed so it will never stop.

I heard they are gonna remake the fuckin Monster Squad soon too...

JudynTX
07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
IMHO, "IT" and "THEY LIVE" should NOT be remade :pctoss

And why a remake of " American werewolf in London? "; I thought " American Werewolf in Paris " was a remake

JjvJ3sveg6k

:bang A remake of American Werewolf in London? Noooooooooooooooooo! Leave that masterpiece alone. F U Hollywood!

:lol

TheProfessor
07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Rosemary's Baby is one of my favorite horror-thrillers, and absolutely does not need to be remade. Same with Suspiria.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Remaking any Roman Polanski film is an exercise in futility.

I never get why parents just dont rent the original, watch it on their 50 inch LCD flat screen in HD, and have movie night at home with their kids.

"But daaaad, I wanna watch the A-Team movie"

JoeChalupa
07-05-2010, 01:41 PM
remaking any roman polanski film is an exercise in futility.

I never get why parents just dont rent the original, watch it on their 50 inch lcd flat screen in hd, and have movie night at home with their kids.

"but daaaad, i wanna watch the a-team movie"

+1

CubanSucks
07-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Quit being so dramatic about horror movie remakes. Most of the originals sucked anyways. It's not like they're remaking The Godfather or 12 Angry Men or some other classic

lefty
07-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Quit being so dramatic about horror movie remakes. Most of the originals sucked anyways. It's not like they're remaking The Godfather or 12 Angry Men or some other classic
lol wut?

TheProfessor
07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't think remakes are always a bad idea. Stuff like Quarantine might be an inferior knock-off, but it expands the audience of the original to those who would have never seen it. I can almost see why a remake of Suspiria might do the same for Argento movies, but wouldn't want to see classics like Rosemary's Baby or The Shining cheapened (too late for The Shining though).

CuckingFunt
07-05-2010, 03:29 PM
It's not like they're remaking The Godfather

Originally a novel.

or 12 Angry Men

And a play.

I've given up being outraged by the concept of remakes. Felt like a lot of wasted energy when it's essentially been part of the entertainment business for as long as there's been an entertainment business. Sequels, prequels, adaptations, covers, revivals, remakes, whatever; been going on forever. At this point, I'd rather watch a million good remakes than crappy original ideas.

That being said, some of the remakes in that lineup are batshit retarded. Too many there with vocal, nerdy, cult followings -- new audiences aren't going to have any interest in Suspiria, and the Argento followers would consider it sacrilege to see a remake. Same with They Live, An American Werewolf in London, Evil Dead, and even The Creature from the Black Lagoon. I'd be surprised if anything there had more than one (or two, if they actually were able to land Portman or other big names) big weekend before disappearing.

MsMcGillyCutty
07-05-2010, 03:41 PM
I can't remember the last time I've even wanted to watch a remake. If I've seen the original changing actors doesn't matter.

MsMcGillyCutty
07-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Anyone going to watch the Predators?

lefty
07-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Anyone going to watch the Predators?
Hell no...

Even the original one sucked

MsMcGillyCutty
07-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Hell no...

The original is an Arnold classic and one one of his best.

lefty
07-05-2010, 04:09 PM
The original is an Arnold classic and one one of his best.
To each is own

CubanSucks
07-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally a novel.

And a play.

I'm not talking about adapting from novels and plays. Just making movies from past movies that already had it right. And in the case of MOST horrors, they never had "it" right

CubanSucks
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Anyone who doesn't like the original Predator needs to have their balls removed..if they have any. And the new one looks absolutely retarded. A bunch of scrawny pieces of shit and a woman :smchode:

JoeChalupa
07-05-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm not talking about adapting from novels and plays. Just making movies from past movies that already had it right. And in the case of MOST horrors, they never had "it" right

I remember watching Creature Feature in my younger days and Bela Lugosi, Boris Karlov and Vincent Price were awesome. Those are some of the best, IMO.

fraga
07-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Hell no...

What are you twelve...that movie was awesome for what it was...

JoeChalupa
07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
the original is an arnold classic and one one of his best.

+1

lefty
07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
What are you twelve...that movie was awesome for what it was...
To each his own

If you liked it, good for you

Cant_Be_Faded
07-05-2010, 04:48 PM
The upcoming predator movie is not a remake, more of a sequel/reimaging akin to terminator 4

JoeChalupa
07-05-2010, 04:50 PM
The upcoming predator movie is not a remake, more of a sequel/reimaging akin to terminator 4

It does have some actors that I like.

CuckingFunt
07-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I have high hopes for Predators. At least for entertainment factor, if not good filmmaking.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I have high hopes for Predators. At least for entertainment factor, if not good filmmaking.

Same here. Mostly because of Rodriguez's involvement. I want entertainment, quality non-excessive CGI with jarring action scenes.

Trainwreck2100
07-05-2010, 05:17 PM
they also remade let the right one in

sook
07-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Anyone who doesn't like the original Predator needs to have their balls removed..if they have any. And the new one looks absolutely retarded. A bunch of scrawny pieces of shit and a woman :smchode:
qft

CubanSucks
07-05-2010, 05:30 PM
It does have some actors that I like.

Adrien Brody and Topher Grace starring in a Predator movie makes about as much sense as Tom Hanks in Boyz in the Hood

JoeChalupa
07-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Adrien Brody and Topher Grace starring in a Predator movie makes about as much sense as Tom Hanks in Boyz in the Hood

So are you saying they are one dimensional actors? They can't act outside their genre? They can pull it off. Just like Leonardo will pull of the viking role.

CubanSucks
07-05-2010, 06:28 PM
So are you saying they are one dimensional actors? They can't act outside their genre? They can pull it off. Just like Leonardo will pull of the viking role.

Just saying, going from a bunch of buffed out commandos to a bunch of puney random criminals is a pretty big downgrade. In a movie franchise that's supposed to be "that fun summer flick" they casted this one a little small

qualified
http://cinemafique.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/1987_predator_001.jpg

far from qualified
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqyalmD8TP1qa643ro1_500.jpg
http://impessoaletransmissivel.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/brody.jpg

JoeChalupa
07-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Just saying, going from a bunch of buffed out commandos to a bunch of puney random criminals is a pretty big downgrade. In a movie franchise that's supposed to be "that fun summer flick" they casted this one a little small

qualified
http://cinemafique.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/1987_predator_001.jpg

far from qualified
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqyalmD8TP1qa643ro1_500.jpg
http://impessoaletransmissivel.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/brody.jpg

Okay, I can see that but that one dude did okay against King Kong. Topher I can understand.

LoneStarState'sPride
07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Looking forward to Predators for the entertainment factor alone. If it at least delivers on that, I'll be happy.

CuckingFunt
07-05-2010, 07:07 PM

Mac: Well, the big deal, Dennis, is that I wasn’t even consulted on the decision, okay. And this a big deal to me as well. It’s also my night. Plus, Transporter 2? We haven’t seen Transporter 1, which means we’ll be completely lost.

Dennis: I doubt it.

Mac: Plus, Jason Statham’s physique is nothing like the lineup in Predator.

Dennis: Okay, will you stop? I don’t want to have conversations anymore about dude’s physiques.

Mac: Dude, in body mass alone…

Dennis: That’s what I was trying to avoid — a conversation about body mass, okay. We’ve had that conversation five times a day for the last month because we keeping watching Predator and all you talk about is Weathers and Jesse “The Body” Ventura and how many pounds they can pack on.

Mac: It’s important to pack on mass. You’re talking about carbo-loading…

Dennis: I don’t want to have this conversation with you anymore.

TheProfessor
07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Are you saying you don't want to see Adrien Brody and/or Topher Grace stalked and brutally murdered by Predators? I thought this was one of the movie's selling points.

CubanSucks
07-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Are you saying you don't want to see Adrien Brody and/or Topher Grace stalked and brutally murdered by Predators? I thought this was one of the movie's selling points.

good point, but I seriously doubt that'll happen

CubanSucks
07-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Mac: Well, the big deal, Dennis, is that I wasn’t even consulted on the decision, okay. And this a big deal to me as well. It’s also my night. Plus, Transporter 2? We haven’t seen Transporter 1, which means we’ll be completely lost.

Dennis: I doubt it.

Mac: Plus, Jason Statham’s physique is nothing like the lineup in Predator.

Dennis: Okay, will you stop? I don’t want to have conversations anymore about dude’s physiques.

Mac: Dude, in body mass alone…

Dennis: That’s what I was trying to avoid — a conversation about body mass, okay. We’ve had that conversation five times a day for the last month because we keeping watching Predator and all you talk about is Weathers and Jesse “The Body” Ventura and how many pounds they can pack on.

Mac: It’s important to pack on mass. You’re talking about carbo-loading…

Dennis: I don’t want to have this conversation with you anymore.

:lmao

Post of the millenium, and it wasn't even your words. I forgot which episode this was?

Avitus1
07-05-2010, 11:00 PM
"They Live" was a classic; and that 6 minute fight scene was epic :lol

Just the thought of remaking it is sacrilege

Man they are going to fuck that movie all up! "I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass..." I don't even want to know what they'll do to that line.

Nathan Explosion
07-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Man they are going to fuck that movie all up! "I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass..." I don't even want to know what they'll do to that line.

Agreed with the line.

Also, Predator was one of Arnold's greatest for this line alone, "If it bleeds, we can kill it."

One of the greatest lines in an action movie of all time. If you want to take it a little further, maybe one of the greatest lines in filmmaking. And to a lesser extent, just for sheer entertainment, "You're one ugly motherfucker."

And they can't remake ANY of the Evil Dead movies (Army of Darkness included). It just wouldn't be the same. They'd try to use a big budget to make it look better and more sophisticated when they'd be ruining the best part of the movie, the quaintness associated making a horror film on a limited budget.

Avitus1
07-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Oh man I got all the Evil Dead Movies on DVD its gonna be terrible. They need to leave it alone. I mean seriously how in the hell will they do the tree rape scene?

lefty
07-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Oh man I got all the Evil Dead Movies on DVD its gonna be terrible. They need to leave it alone. I mean seriously how in the hell will they do the tree rape scene?
I agree

ANd you cant replace Bruce fucking Campbell !!!!!!!!

CuckingFunt
07-06-2010, 11:29 AM
I forgot which episode this was?

"Mac & Dennis Break Up."

Mixability
07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
If they'd stop making original R movies into PG-13 remakes, maybe I wouldn't hate them.

howbouthemspurs
07-06-2010, 01:01 PM
I can't wait t predators come out! That movie looks awesome! And the original is one of my all time favorites!

Spurminator
07-06-2010, 01:24 PM

I pretty much agree... Although 12 Angry Men has already been remade... I think it was a made-for-TV remake. Starred George C. Scott.

I wouldn't mind a remake of It. The original was a TV miniseries and pretty low quality. I would like to see them re-imagine the end though. Frankly, I'd like to see that happen to a lot of Stephen King books.

I'm not against remaking movies in general, as long as the remake improves upon, or offers a different POV than, the original in some way. The Charleton Heston Ten Commandments film was a remake. Same for the better-known versions of Scarface (Pacino) and The Man Who Knew Too Much (Stewart). The problem is that so many remakes are either inferior cash-in rip-offs of the originals, or different movies entirely that didn't need the same name as the original.

One movie I'd actually like to see remade is The Grapes of Wrath - The original starring Henry Fonda was great, but it was made at a time when the filmmakers couldn't really capture the raw desperation of the novel.

JMarkJohns
07-06-2010, 02:15 PM
I pretty much agree... Although 12 Angry Men has already been remade... I think it was a made-for-TV remake. Starred George C. Scott.

It was for HBO, I think, and was very good.

I wouldn't mind a remake of It. The original was a TV miniseries and pretty low quality. I would like to see them re-imagine the end though. Frankly, I'd like to see that happen to a lot of Stephen King books.

Problem is Curry was so perfect for the role. Hard to replace him.

One movie I'd actually like to see remade is The Grapes of Wrath - The original starring Henry Fonda was great, but it was made at a time when the filmmakers couldn't really capture the raw desperation of the novel.

This is an interesting idea! I love the book and film. I'm not sure who to cast, but it's an intriguing thought.