PDA

View Full Version : Tony and DeJuan switching sports?

Shifty
07-05-2010, 03:50 PM
and numbers?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0701/pg2_e_blairback_sy_576.jpg

Ok, I know it's lame but at least is something besides hundreds of made up trades threads.

Dex
07-05-2010, 03:53 PM
We should trade Parker and Blair for Parker and Blair. It would be sensational.

lefty
07-05-2010, 03:54 PM
The only thing that is more boring than the Spurs: baseball

SpursTillTheEnd
07-05-2010, 03:56 PM
The only thing that is more boring than the Spurs: soccer
fixed

Dex
07-05-2010, 03:56 PM
The only thing that is more boring than the Spurs: baseball

Didn't watch much World Cup soccer this year?

:stirpot:

lefty
07-05-2010, 03:57 PM
fixed
Sorry

I forgot that baseball was the most popular sport in the world

lefty
07-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Didn't watch much World Cup soccer this year?

:stirpot:
Yeah it has sucked big time - except for Uruguay vs Ghana, that was an epic ending - but soccer is still a zillion times more exciting

Dex
07-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah it has sucked big time - except for Uruguay vs Ghana, that was an epic ending - but soccer is still a zillion times more exciting

It's a tough call. At least scoring in baseball seems to be up; no comment on whether that's still attributed to the performance enhancing drugs or not.

Soccer is okay if you like the grind it out sports (like soccer or hockey), but the pace doesn't keep my interest. For all of the USA excitement this year, they scored what, like four goals? And had two ties? Sure, the overall result is exciting but the pace leaves something to be desired.

I think that's what attracts me to basketball primarily. Every time a team makes a basket, be it home or visitor, it's a little exciting. And that happens give or take a hundred times a game. Maybe I'm just ADD, but the pace is much more appealing imo.

Now take me OUT to a baseball or soccer game, and it's game on.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Sorry

I forgot that baseball was the most popular sport in the world
how can a sport where the game ends in 0-0 be the most popular, thats a damn lie basketball is the most popular sport....

ffadicted
07-05-2010, 04:13 PM
lol Americunt Baseball Fans

lefty
It's a tough call. At least scoring in baseball seems to be up; no comment on whether that's still attributed to the performance enhancing drugs or not.

Soccer is okay if you like the grind it out sports (like soccer or hockey), but the pace doesn't keep my interest. For all of the USA excitement this year, they scored what, like four goals? And had two ties? Sure, the overall result is exciting but the pace leaves something to be desired.

I think that's what attracts me to basketball primarily. Every time a team makes a basket, be it home or visitor, it's a little exciting. And that happens give or take a hundred times a game. Maybe I'm just ADD, but the pace is much more appealing imo.

Now take me OUT to a baseball or soccer game, and it's game on.

Baseball is a nice sport; I watch some whenever I can

Baseball games are just too long !!!!!!

how can a sport where the game ends in 0-0 be the most popular, thats a damn lie basketball is the most popular sport....

I have watched very exciting 0-0 soccer games

I have also watched very boring 3-0 soccer games

Just because the scoreboard is filled, doesnt mean a sport is entertaining

Brazil

Is it a big lie like a man on the moon ? or a lie like you know something about basketball ?

kbrury
07-05-2010, 04:15 PM

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee76/WildCatZA/GTFOwithFAIL.jpg

honestfool84
07-05-2010, 04:15 PM

:lol your creditability just slowly went down the drain with that comment. just shows you don't know much outside your little world.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-05-2010, 04:17 PM
soccer i tried to watch but its just to slow they pass the ball back and forth, back to the goalie back to this person back to him, i hate the shit and when they finally get close to scoring they flop no one even close to them and they fall, but back to the point usa would be the best in soccer but in the hood we grow up on basketball and football no one plays soccer

Seventyniner
07-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Next come the comments that soccer should be 6 on 6 and the field should be cut in half in both dimensions.

Dex
07-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Next come the comments that soccer should be 6 on 6 and the field should be cut in half in both dimensions.

They should make the goals bigger, too.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-05-2010, 05:35 PM
this is how soccer needs to be played
y4if2ewnINQ
lol but real talk soccer needs a shorter field and shorter time and no ties automatic goal shoot out would be tight, more goals = more interesting

LoneStarState'sPride
07-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Unless I'm actively playing them or have a strong rooting interest in the game, both sports are pretty boring, IMO. Draws do nothing for me, but neither does the pedestrian (at best) pace of baseball.

If I'm picking a sport to watch on TV though, imma go with soccer about 85% of the time--at least it'll be over after 2 hours or so.

Here's to basketball continuing to gain more and more of a foothold worldwide!

lefty
07-06-2010, 08:10 AM
lol at people thinking Basketball is gaining ground on soccer

And in the meantime, soccer is gaining popularity in North America, so....

phyzik
07-06-2010, 08:25 AM
lol at people thinking Basketball is gaining ground on soccer

And in the meantime, soccer is gaining popularity in North America, so....

They say that every year about soccer... "This is going to be the breakthrough year in America!""

Wasnt that supposed to be the case when David Beckham came over to play in the States? Yeah, let me know how that turned out.... I forgot.

Basketball has gained as much ground on Soccer as Soccer has gained popularity in the States.

lefty
07-06-2010, 08:29 AM
They say that every year about soccer... "This is going to be the breakthrough year in America!""

Wasnt that supposed to be the case when David Beckham came over to play in the States? Yeah, let me know how that turned out.... I forgot.

Basketball has gained as much ground on Soccer as Soccer has gained popularity in the States.
Yeah but overall, I dont think basketball will ever catch up on soccer worldwide

bdictjames
07-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Close-minded Americans thinking basketball is the #1 sport in the world.. right.

will_spurs
07-06-2010, 08:36 AM
At the moment soccer still holds the advantage of ease to play. All you need is even teams, a ball and a field. Basketball requires a court which could be hard to find.

It also requires a bouncing ball, which can also be hard to find. You can play football with anything, anywhere.

The other main issue with basketball, and especially pick-up basetball with people having little skill, is that athleticism is much more important than in soccer. When you're a teen, anybody over 6ft is going to have a huge advantage at basketball. In soccer everybody can play.

ElNono
07-06-2010, 08:39 AM
We'll see in 150 years... oh,wait

Snaq O'Meal
07-06-2010, 09:34 AM

Despite having just that, futsal is still nowhere near as popular as association football.

Snaq O'Meal
07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Basketball's popularity will surpass soccer's world wide in about 50 to 150 years. Seriously, 60 years ago basketball was pretty irrelevant to the world, 20 years ago it was a joke overseas and now it is increasingly growing in popularity and will likely surpass baseball and football within the next two generations and then once the game is more wide-spread across Europe, Asia and Africa then it will be really big.

Perhaps the view of basketball's popularity surpassing that of association football is shared mainly by Americans.

But those of us living in the Asia Pacific see it very differently. There's actually less buzz about basketball after Jordan's retirement. In places that I've lived in, only some people in China care about basketball, and that has been the case for many decades already. But elsewhere, it's hard to find anyone who is remotely interested in the NBA.

However, when it comes to football, fans can be found almost everywhere. Where once it was the English Premier League that makes major headlines, we now find the Serie A and the Primera Liga gaining significantly in popularity too.

In my workplace in Sydney (where association football clearly takes a backseat to the other football codes, namely rugby league, rugby union and the AFL), the only talk around the pantry is the World Cup. It's like the NBA doesn't even exist.

At the moment soccer still holds the advantage of ease to play. All you need is even teams, a ball and a field. Basketball requires a court which could be hard to find.

It's not just about ease of play. As a spectator sport, there's a lot to appreciate about the strategy and approach of each soccer team. And many soccer fans just find basketball to be boring, with too many foul calls and free throws, too many timeouts, and just no excitement buildup in the way soccer reaches a crescendo when a goal is scored. I'd say to each his own.

Vito Corleone
07-06-2010, 10:37 AM
I would rather watch grass grow than watch soccer.
I would rather watch grass die than watch baseball

As for the most popular sport in the world, I could care less, there is only one world sport worth watching and that is Rugby. And that sport pales in comparison to American Football.

You see I prefer watching a real MANS game.

mrpach
07-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Maybe MLS is boring. Try watching a FC Barcelona match, or a Champions League match and you'll discover how soccer can be entretaining.